The Official Xbox One thread... - Page 613 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 563Likes
post #18361 of 18368 Unread Today, 04:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Liked: 212
Fable Legends isn't exactly a tentpole though. It's not even really part of the main Fable series, but a spinoff. And it seems to be the type of third party action game that would work really well for cross-platform play (unlike an FPS).

I'm with mboojigga on this, I still don't see it happening. There will be games here or there (just like the Halo Spartan Strike and Spartan Assault games), but nothing as big as Halo 5. I mean, why else make sure a big deal out of the Xbox One to PC streaming if they were planning on releasing games on both platforms simultaneously?

XBL/Steam: JHoff80
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #18362 of 18368 Unread Today, 04:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 47
I must be among rare ones using a Mac here. Because of this fact I don't feel any excitement over any announcement that Microsoft has made last week. It feels like everyone will suddenly leave their comfortable couches and big TV's and move over to wooden chairs and sit in front of their tiny PC monitors. Oh wait, but you have to plug in your gamepad to a computer. That's so much better than playing wirelessly and enjoying the freedom of putting your controller anywhere in the room without tripping on the wire. Because now we have this Windows 8, I mean 10, with features like Start menu and Cortana, so you can easily set reminders to warn you when you enter the room to be careful where you step. Hold on, but that Kinect 2.0 camera is over there in your living room, so how will she see you entering the room? That's right, say goodbye to any gestures, automatically signing in or using voice commands, because PC users prefer a mouse and a keyboard, so they have this super cool Games app, I mean Xbox app. Yet, you're stuck with this gamepad if you want to play games from your Xbox One. And what do we have in store for this next-gen console with these incredible Windows 10 announcements - transparent tiles. That's not all. Now you can also check out VIPs on Xbox, so you can have less time gaming and more time watching other people play games.

Seriously now, where do people extract all that enthusiasm and excitement that's surrounding this Windows 10-Jesus returning to Earth-cancer curing announcement when there's actually absolutely nothing to look forward to? Reading the articles on the web and the phrases used by authors, such as Microsoft is back, Apple better watch out, it appears that everyone has fallen off their chairs after they presented Windows 8.1, I mean Windows 10 and its utterly dull features. Where is Xbox One in all this? Where is that graphics improvement that they were talking about their farm of Xbox Live servers that would handle some of the rendering and stream high resolution graphics to improve picture quality in games? They talk about DirectX 12 delivering high-end graphics and performance improvements on PC, they don't mention Xbox One. Are they saying we've been playing on low-end graphics all this time? Also, where are multichannel audio improvements so people can have their audio played through the right speakers in 7.1 configuration?

I want to know if this basically Xbox One SmartGlass app for PC (because that's all it is to me) is all they were working on all this time? I want to see if I as a Mac user can understand all this excitement shown here. And I'd like to know why people are leaving their expensive TV's and moving to small rooms cramped in front of their monitors. Anything else I forgot? Please let me know.
post #18363 of 18368 Unread Today, 04:32 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 581 Post(s)
Liked: 1523
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
Fable Legends isn't exactly a tentpole though. It's not even really part of the main Fable series, but a spinoff. And it seems to be the type of third party action game that would work really well for cross-platform play (unlike an FPS).

I'm with mboojigga on this, I still don't see it happening. There will be games here or there (just like the Halo Spartan Strike and Spartan Assault games), but nothing as big as Halo 5. I mean, why else make sure a big deal out of the Xbox One to PC streaming if they were planning on releasing games on both platforms simultaneously?

The way spencer was describing it was as a feature for "your existing library." Either way it's still a necessary feature for people with Xboxes that own laptops and tablets and stuff. I'm sure that far outnumbers people with xboxes and gaming PCs.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #18364 of 18368 Unread Today, 04:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post
What makes you say that? Fable is same day.

Because Fable Legends is a separate multiplayer focused game that is pretty much 2015s version of Shadowrun. The game is more co-op than competitive . Your comparing this game to MS biggest exclusive on the platform that they have already made the point "Only on Xbox One". Pick another less popular exclusive in MS stable and I would probably agree but just not seeing that with Halo. You don't go in with your biggest exclusive in the second year and say oh by the way we are going to release this day and date on PC.

The 5.0 is here
post #18365 of 18368 Unread Today, 04:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 477
Also Greenburg already debunked that Halo 5 isn't coming to PC so there is that.

http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/ha...leased-for-pc/

Despite a weird rumor spread online earlier this week, Microsoft has now confirmed that Halo 5: Guardians won’t be coming to the PC.
The Halo 5: Guardians beta on the Xbox One store said: “timed exclusive, may be available later on other platforms“. You can see it on the screenshot we’ve provided. The words “timed exclusive’ got many people speculating that the game might be released for the PC eventually. After all, other Xbox One games like Ryse: Son of Rome and Dead Rising 3 eventually came to the PC.
Microsoft’s Aaron Greenberg has now confirmed on Twitter that Halo 5: Guardians is not coming to the PC. He said: “We are fixing that language, it was simply meant to imply the beta is for a limited time. Sorry for any confusion.”
Whoever was responsible for writing the blurb confused a lot of people. The person may have just copied and pasted a description for another game. The Halo 5: Guardians beta description should have just said that it was available for a limited time. To say it’s a timed exclusive that could be coming to other platforms made it confusing to everyone.
Microsoft also had to debunk rumors earlier this year too that Halo: The Master Chief Collection is coming to the PC as well.

The 5.0 is here
post #18366 of 18368 Unread Today, 04:51 PM
AVS Addicted Member

I forget the exact quote, but Spencer said that going forward they're equally committed to PC gaming as they are to console. I'm taking that at face value. It's not like they have anything to lose, either way you bought the game on a microsoft platform. I get what you're saying about fable being like shadowrun, but the gaming landscape has vastly changed since then. If they really mean what they said, it has to come out same day.

post #18367 of 18368 Unread Today, 04:52 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mboojigga View Post
Also Greenburg already debunked that Halo 5 isn't coming to PC so there is that.

http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/ha...leased-for-pc/

Despite a weird rumor spread online earlier this week, Microsoft has now confirmed that Halo 5: Guardians won’t be coming to the PC.
The Halo 5: Guardians beta on the Xbox One store said: “timed exclusive, may be available later on other platforms“. You can see it on the screenshot we’ve provided. The words “timed exclusive’ got many people speculating that the game might be released for the PC eventually. After all, other Xbox One games like Ryse: Son of Rome and Dead Rising 3 eventually came to the PC.
Microsoft’s Aaron Greenberg has now confirmed on Twitter that Halo 5: Guardians is not coming to the PC. He said: “We are fixing that language, it was simply meant to imply the beta is for a limited time. Sorry for any confusion.”
Whoever was responsible for writing the blurb confused a lot of people. The person may have just copied and pasted a description for another game. The Halo 5: Guardians beta description should have just said that it was available for a limited time. To say it’s a timed exclusive that could be coming to other platforms made it confusing to everyone.
Microsoft also had to debunk rumors earlier this year too that Halo: The Master Chief Collection is coming to the PC as well.

He never said "Halo 5 isn't coming to PC" in that article. At most that debunks that the beta is coming to PC. And it's old anyway, all bets are off since last week....except for the one with Marafice Eye. He still has to buy it for me.

Last edited by bd2003; Today at 05:16 PM.
post #18368 of 18368 Unread Today, 05:41 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Hmmm....

http://i.imgur.com/R6EbTAx.jpg

Either way we probably won't know until e3. But it was a crazy thing to say before last week. I think we can at least all agree that it's at least a reasonable thing to predict now?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Monoprice , Xbox One Console Day One Edition

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page