The Official Xbox One thread... - Page 613 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 730Likes

post #18361 of 18890 Old 01-26-2015, 03:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 53
I must be among rare ones using a Mac here. Because of this fact I don't feel any excitement over any announcement that Microsoft has made last week. It feels like everyone will suddenly leave their comfortable couches and big TV's and move over to wooden chairs and sit in front of their tiny PC monitors. Oh wait, but you have to plug in your gamepad to a computer. That's so much better than playing wirelessly and enjoying the freedom of putting your controller anywhere in the room without tripping on the wire. Because now we have this Windows 8, I mean 10, with features like Start menu and Cortana, so you can easily set reminders to warn you when you enter the room to be careful where you step. Hold on, but that Kinect 2.0 camera is over there in your living room, so how will she see you entering the room? That's right, say goodbye to any gestures, automatically signing in or using voice commands, because PC users prefer a mouse and a keyboard, so they have this super cool Games app, I mean Xbox app. Yet, you're stuck with this gamepad if you want to play games from your Xbox One. And what do we have in store for this next-gen console with these incredible Windows 10 announcements - transparent tiles. That's not all. Now you can also check out VIPs on Xbox, so you can have less time gaming and more time watching other people play games.

Seriously now, where do people extract all that enthusiasm and excitement that's surrounding this Windows 10-Jesus returning to Earth-cancer curing announcement when there's actually absolutely nothing to look forward to? Reading the articles on the web and the phrases used by authors, such as Microsoft is back, Apple better watch out, it appears that everyone has fallen off their chairs after they presented Windows 8.1, I mean Windows 10 and its utterly dull features. Where is Xbox One in all this? Where is that graphics improvement that they were talking about their farm of Xbox Live servers that would handle some of the rendering and stream high resolution graphics to improve picture quality in games? They talk about DirectX 12 delivering high-end graphics and performance improvements on PC, they don't mention Xbox One. Are they saying we've been playing on low-end graphics all this time? Also, where are multichannel audio improvements so people can have their audio played through the right speakers in 7.1 configuration?

I want to know if this basically Xbox One SmartGlass app for PC (because that's all it is to me) is all they were working on all this time? I want to see if I as a Mac user can understand all this excitement shown here. And I'd like to know why people are leaving their expensive TV's and moving to small rooms cramped in front of their monitors. Anything else I forgot? Please let me know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #18362 of 18890 Old 01-26-2015, 03:32 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 680 Post(s)
Liked: 1572
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
Fable Legends isn't exactly a tentpole though. It's not even really part of the main Fable series, but a spinoff. And it seems to be the type of third party action game that would work really well for cross-platform play (unlike an FPS).

I'm with mboojigga on this, I still don't see it happening. There will be games here or there (just like the Halo Spartan Strike and Spartan Assault games), but nothing as big as Halo 5. I mean, why else make sure a big deal out of the Xbox One to PC streaming if they were planning on releasing games on both platforms simultaneously?

The way spencer was describing it was as a feature for "your existing library." Either way it's still a necessary feature for people with Xboxes that own laptops and tablets and stuff. I'm sure that far outnumbers people with xboxes and gaming PCs.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #18363 of 18890 Old 01-26-2015, 03:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked: 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post
What makes you say that? Fable is same day.

Because Fable Legends is a separate multiplayer focused game that is pretty much 2015s version of Shadowrun. The game is more co-op than competitive . Your comparing this game to MS biggest exclusive on the platform that they have already made the point "Only on Xbox One". Pick another less popular exclusive in MS stable and I would probably agree but just not seeing that with Halo. You don't go in with your biggest exclusive in the second year and say oh by the way we are going to release this day and date on PC.

The 5.0 is here
post #18364 of 18890 Old 01-26-2015, 03:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Also Greenburg already debunked that Halo 5 isn't coming to PC so there is that.

http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/ha...leased-for-pc/

Despite a weird rumor spread online earlier this week, Microsoft has now confirmed that Halo 5: Guardians won’t be coming to the PC.
The Halo 5: Guardians beta on the Xbox One store said: “timed exclusive, may be available later on other platforms“. You can see it on the screenshot we’ve provided. The words “timed exclusive’ got many people speculating that the game might be released for the PC eventually. After all, other Xbox One games like Ryse: Son of Rome and Dead Rising 3 eventually came to the PC.
Microsoft’s Aaron Greenberg has now confirmed on Twitter that Halo 5: Guardians is not coming to the PC. He said: “We are fixing that language, it was simply meant to imply the beta is for a limited time. Sorry for any confusion.”
Whoever was responsible for writing the blurb confused a lot of people. The person may have just copied and pasted a description for another game. The Halo 5: Guardians beta description should have just said that it was available for a limited time. To say it’s a timed exclusive that could be coming to other platforms made it confusing to everyone.
Microsoft also had to debunk rumors earlier this year too that Halo: The Master Chief Collection is coming to the PC as well.

The 5.0 is here
post #18365 of 18890 Old 01-26-2015, 03:51 PM
AVS Addicted Member

I forget the exact quote, but Spencer said that going forward they're equally committed to PC gaming as they are to console. I'm taking that at face value. It's not like they have anything to lose, either way you bought the game on a microsoft platform. I get what you're saying about fable being like shadowrun, but the gaming landscape has vastly changed since then. If they really mean what they said, it has to come out same day.

post #18366 of 18890 Old 01-26-2015, 03:52 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mboojigga View Post
Also Greenburg already debunked that Halo 5 isn't coming to PC so there is that.

http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/ha...leased-for-pc/

Despite a weird rumor spread online earlier this week, Microsoft has now confirmed that Halo 5: Guardians won’t be coming to the PC.
The Halo 5: Guardians beta on the Xbox One store said: “timed exclusive, may be available later on other platforms“. You can see it on the screenshot we’ve provided. The words “timed exclusive’ got many people speculating that the game might be released for the PC eventually. After all, other Xbox One games like Ryse: Son of Rome and Dead Rising 3 eventually came to the PC.
Microsoft’s Aaron Greenberg has now confirmed on Twitter that Halo 5: Guardians is not coming to the PC. He said: “We are fixing that language, it was simply meant to imply the beta is for a limited time. Sorry for any confusion.”
Whoever was responsible for writing the blurb confused a lot of people. The person may have just copied and pasted a description for another game. The Halo 5: Guardians beta description should have just said that it was available for a limited time. To say it’s a timed exclusive that could be coming to other platforms made it confusing to everyone.
Microsoft also had to debunk rumors earlier this year too that Halo: The Master Chief Collection is coming to the PC as well.

He never said "Halo 5 isn't coming to PC" in that article. At most that debunks that the beta is coming to PC. And it's old anyway, all bets are off since last week....except for the one with Marafice Eye. He still has to buy it for me.

Last edited by bd2003; 01-26-2015 at 04:16 PM.
post #18367 of 18890 Old 01-26-2015, 04:41 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Hmmm....

http://i.imgur.com/R6EbTAx.jpg

Either way we probably won't know until e3. But it was a crazy thing to say before last week. I think we can at least all agree that it's at least a reasonable thing to predict now?

post #18368 of 18890 Old 01-26-2015, 06:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 195 Post(s)
Liked: 642
Halo is not fable.
post #18369 of 18890 Old 01-26-2015, 07:33 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Damn, what does fable have to do to get some respect around here? :P

post #18370 of 18890 Old 01-26-2015, 07:40 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1593 Post(s)
Liked: 947
Quote:
And it's old anyway.

It's a month old. No one has said that Halo 5 is coming to PC have they? Has any MS principal even suggest that there will be cross-platform PvP play in Halo or any competitive multiplayer shooter?

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill

Last edited by michaeltscott; 01-26-2015 at 07:45 PM.
post #18371 of 18890 Old 01-26-2015, 07:49 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott View Post
It's a month old. No one has said that [i]Halo 5[i] is coming to PC have they? Has any MS principal even suggest that there will be cross-platform PvP play in Halo or any competitive multiplayer shooter?
Anything that predates the Win 10 keynote last week should be taken with a grain of salt IMO. Have they outright said Halo 5 is coming to PC? No. They've said there will be more cross platform multiplayer games this year. That doesn't leave too many options on the table.

Last time they tried this PC gaming thing with GFWL, it did launch with the most recent Halo game out at the time. It was a few years old but Halo 2 for PC came out before Halo 3 for xbox. It's really not that bold of a prediction. Sure, it wasn't cross platform but they didn't really have their ducks in a row to support that kind of thing across the board last time out. It probably would have gotten there with time but GFWL was such a miserable failure that it never got the chance. At least they're not repeating the primary mistakes that led to it's failure, so I'm pretty optimistic.

post #18372 of 18890 Old 01-26-2015, 09:55 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Damn, what does fable have to do to get some respect around here? :P

I have great love for the Fable games (though I bought Fable Anniversary which was an original Xbox game; they updated the graphics to an extent but its still pretty archaic looking). I'm not particularly liking what I see of Fable Legends, though. I'm primarily into story-driven single player campaigns.

post #18373 of 18890 Old 01-26-2015, 10:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 218 Post(s)
Liked: 249
Quote:
Maybe a year later, not seeing Halo 5 day 1 for both XB1 and PC
I can't think of a better game then to promote Win 10 and Xbox One together than Halo 5. Imagine the bombshell they could drop if they did a MMO allowing PC and Xbox One players in the Halo world. The other franchise I can think of that has potential to be day 1 for both XB1 and PC will be Gears of War, but that is still later so still plenty of time to get that done.

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
post #18374 of 18890 Old 01-26-2015, 10:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arutha_conDoin View Post
I can't think of a better game then to promote Win 10 and Xbox One together than Halo 5. Imagine the bombshell they could drop if they did a MMO allowing PC and Xbox One players in the Halo world. The other franchise I can think of that has potential to be day 1 for both XB1 and PC will be Gears of War, but that is still later so still plenty of time to get that done.
i can imagine an MMO for both PC and Xbox One gamers. but not Halo 5.
post #18375 of 18890 Old 01-27-2015, 03:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post
i can imagine an MMO for both PC and Xbox One gamers. but not Halo 5.
I'm not saying Halo 5 as the MMO, but a new game all together set in the Halo universe.

PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
-Ghanima Atreides
post #18376 of 18890 Old 01-27-2015, 05:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 783 Post(s)
Liked: 432
Quote:
I'm primarily into story-driven single player campaigns.
And you play Destiny? :tears:
JudgeSmails likes this.

PSN: Cravit8
XBL: oOo_Crav_oOo
post #18377 of 18890 Old 01-27-2015, 06:14 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

I've got my money on forza 6 too. No m/kb issues with the cross platform on that either. The only one that seems iffy for day one to me is tomb raider. It's only a timed exclusive, but it's not yet clear whether it's exclusive to Xbox (which includes win 10), or specifically exclusive to Xbox one.

post #18378 of 18890 Old 01-27-2015, 01:18 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravit8 View Post
And you play Destiny? :tears:

I know . Despite it's paper thin space-opera story, there's something strangely compelling about the game (other than just it's great visual beauty, though that is a big part of it). It's a character leveling, loot grinding game which has sucked in myself and millions of others, tugging at our OCC tendencies .
Mnat0712 likes this.

post #18379 of 18890 Old 01-27-2015, 05:43 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Anyone have it in their heart to shoot me a Preview invite?
post #18380 of 18890 Old 01-27-2015, 07:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I'm not saying Halo 5 as the MMO, but a new game all together set in the Halo universe.
No, I know what you meant.

What I was saying is that I can imagine a Halo MMO that's cross-platform. But I can't imagine Halo 5 being cross-platform.
post #18381 of 18890 Old 01-28-2015, 07:25 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post
No, I know what you meant.

What I was saying is that I can imagine a Halo MMO that's cross-platform. But I can't imagine Halo 5 being cross-platform.

Hmm, maybe bungie was waiting for this before putting destiny out on PC? Other than the crucible I could see that working out well.

post #18382 of 18890 Old 01-28-2015, 11:17 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Hmm, maybe bungie was waiting for this before putting destiny out on PC? Other than the crucible I could see that working out well.

Yeah--cross-platform co-op games should work just fine. Hence their plans for Fable Legends.

post #18383 of 18890 Old 01-28-2015, 12:11 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Yeah--cross-platform co-op games should work just fine. Hence their plans for Fable Legends.

What about crackdown? Isn't that coop too?

post #18384 of 18890 Old 01-28-2015, 12:49 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Dunno--never played Crackdown. But any game with a co-op mode or modes should be fine cross-platform. The advantages that a PC player might have with K&M control and higher resolution and framerate are irrelevant and can only help all players in the co-op group. All modes of Destiny other than the Crucible (competitive multiplayer) would be fine. The co-op modes of the Halo games--whatever. No worries without PvP.

Could be games with PvP modes that don't involve twitch shooting would be cool; I don't know whether any such games exist. Probably not hand-to-hand fighters like Mortal Combat. Maybe competitive Tetris .

Last edited by michaeltscott; 01-28-2015 at 04:48 PM.
post #18385 of 18890 Old 01-28-2015, 03:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Crackdown was Coop if I remember right. That would be another one. Gears of War could work to for Coop part of it as well. I also wouldn't mind seeing a space type game make some type of cross platfrom being made. I know the creator for Freelancer went on to make Star Citizen so that is probably not going to see a sequel.

PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
-Ghanima Atreides
post #18386 of 18890 Old 01-29-2015, 06:37 AM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I love how everybody just ignored the Mac rant. No offense to the ranter but I thought the lack of response was funny.

PSN ID: Budracin8808

XBOX Live Gamertag: budracin88
post #18387 of 18890 Old 01-29-2015, 07:38 AM
VR3

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
does anyone know if you can stack a 12month live gold to a remaining live gold trial offer, which has about 10 days left? thnx!
post #18388 of 18890 Old 01-29-2015, 08:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Liked: 151
yes they stack up to 3yrs I think.
post #18389 of 18890 Old 01-29-2015, 08:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budracin8 View Post
I love how everybody just ignored the Mac rant. No offense to the ranter but I thought the lack of response was funny.
No clue what you are referring to.
post #18390 of 18890 Old 01-29-2015, 09:04 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
No clue what you are referring to.

It's better that way.