The Official Xbox One thread... - Page 620 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 627Likes
Reply
Thread Tools
post #18571 of 18591 Old 02-24-2015, 08:02 AM
Advanced Member
 
JudgeSmails's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Kennesaw, GA
Posts: 737
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by mboojigga View Post
I bought it when I posted it. I say it is reliable. Me posting the site should have been enough confidence 😄

On one of my Xbox One systems I have been using my friends account sharing games with him. He bought the Ass Credd bundle in November. Figured at that price might as well have my own copy now.
Ass Credd Bundle sounds disgusting...

Big Trouble in Little China - greatest film ever made

Gamertag: Team Banzai
JudgeSmails is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #18572 of 18591 Old 02-24-2015, 09:58 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Bailey151's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,960
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by mboojigga View Post
I bought it when I posted it. I say it is reliable. Me posting the site should have been enough confidence 😄

On one of my Xbox One systems I have been using my friends account sharing games with him. He bought the Ass Credd bundle in November. Figured at that price might as well have my own copy now.
I don't know..............8k posts & 8(ish) years = might be a bit shady

It's just my opinion & it's worth exactly what you paid for it.
Bailey151 is online now  
post #18573 of 18591 Old 02-24-2015, 11:19 AM
AVS Special Member
 
mboojigga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Little Rock AFB, Arkansas
Posts: 8,125
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailey151 View Post
I don't know..............8k posts & 8(ish) years = might be a bit shady
Ahhh hell Bailey on to me. Let me delete my post now lol
mboojigga is online now  
post #18574 of 18591 Old 02-24-2015, 03:07 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jhoff80's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,287
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudgeSmails View Post
The fancy 'create your avatar' feature was very time consuming and did a poor job of making avatars look like us.
What's interesting about this is that the blocky versions during the process looked far more like me and the others who tried it than the final created 'caricature' versions did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudgeSmails View Post
Kinect responsiveness was mediocre and worse than I remember from Kinect Sports on the 360. Very long load times throughout. The jetski game is unplayable as the controls simply do not work. AI in things like computer players in soccer is scattershot and makes zero sense or logic. It is a pretty game and the rivals concept is a good one but overall the game is a disaster. AVOID.
I think soccer was terrible as well, but the jetski game has always had perfect recognition for me. I've heard a lot that people have had trouble with it though, so I've never quite understood what I (or they) might be doing differently.
JudgeSmails likes this.

XBL/Steam: JHoff80
jhoff80 is online now  
post #18575 of 18591 Old 02-25-2015, 05:24 PM
AVS Special Member
 
mboojigga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Little Rock AFB, Arkansas
Posts: 8,125
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 484
http://m.ign.com/articles/2015/02/25...rs-of-gameplay

Also NBA LIVE 15 in the vault. I just picked it up for $9 last week on the digital sale
mboojigga is online now  
post #18576 of 18591 Old 02-26-2015, 05:11 AM
AVS Special Member
 
spid's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 3,454
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 440
L A Cops coming March 13th to the Xbox One.

spid is offline  
post #18577 of 18591 Old 02-26-2015, 06:56 AM
AVS Special Member
 
spid's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 3,454
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 440
Looks like Fable Legends will be free to play in same vein as Killer Instinct. They will rotate out the heroes on a periodic basis.

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2015/02/26/f...play-bad-thing
spid is offline  
post #18578 of 18591 Old 02-26-2015, 07:08 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
aaronwt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Northern VA(Woodbridge)
Posts: 22,501
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1235 Post(s)
Liked: 897
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
What's interesting about this is that the blocky versions during the process looked far more like me and the others who tried it than the final created 'caricature' versions did.



I think soccer was terrible as well, but the jetski game has always had perfect recognition for me. I've heard a lot that people have had trouble with it though, so I've never quite understood what I (or they) might be doing differently.
Jet ski worked great for me too. Kinect was practically flawless for me with the jet ski.
aaronwt is offline  
post #18579 of 18591 Old 02-27-2015, 11:20 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Arutha_conDoin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Oregon
Posts: 2,387
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked: 225
Fruit slicing coming soon!
onlysublime and mboojigga like this.

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
Arutha_conDoin is offline  
post #18580 of 18591 Old 02-28-2015, 09:56 AM
Senior Member
 
Artman22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 306
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Sad to announce the controller started disconnecting again. I did the recent update to the Astros A50's and still horrible. Xbox really dropped the ball on this one. Unbelievable!!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PSN: Artman22
Xbox live: Artman22
Artman22 is online now  
post #18581 of 18591 Old 02-28-2015, 01:16 PM
Member
 
todd_us's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 104
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 35
I know this is bringing up something really old, but for some reason it just came to mind while I was contemplating a USB hard drive. Someone mentioned the collective minds xbox one media hub (http://shop.controllermax.com/Collec...Media-Hub.html), but has anyone used it or has an opinion on whether it is good or not? Its currently out of stock, but if I can stick a hard drive in it and make it look halfway decent, maybe I can get some WAF (I have a lot of gadgets under the TV as it is) to actually upgrade the xbox one hard drive.
todd_us is offline  
post #18582 of 18591 Old 02-28-2015, 01:29 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
michaeltscott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: San Diego, CA, USA
Posts: 18,631
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1493 Post(s)
Liked: 918
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd_us View Post
I know this is bringing up something really old, but for some reason it just came to mind while I was contemplating a USB hard drive. Someone mentioned the collective minds xbox one media hub (http://shop.controllermax.com/Collec...Media-Hub.html), but has anyone used it or has an opinion on whether it is good or not? Its currently out of stock, but if I can stick a hard drive in it and make it look halfway decent, maybe I can get some WAF (I have a lot of gadgets under the TV as it is) to actually upgrade the xbox one hard drive.

You can see a very positive user review on Reddit here.

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
michaeltscott is offline  
post #18583 of 18591 Old 02-28-2015, 03:58 PM
AVS Special Member
 
rightintel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,678
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artman22 View Post
Sad to announce the controller started disconnecting again. I did the recent update to the Astros A50's and still horrible. Xbox really dropped the ball on this one. Unbelievable!!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not sure, but it seems that last controller patch fixed stopped my disconnects.

Xbox Live: General PATT0N
rightintel is offline  
post #18584 of 18591 Old 02-28-2015, 04:20 PM
Senior Member
 
jbn008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 368
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by rightintel View Post
I'm not sure, but it seems that last controller patch fixed stopped my disconnects.
Would the controller update have been in a xbox live update or do I need to manually check the controller by plugging it in?

I agree though, Microsoft seriously dropped the ball in this area, no doubt.
Artman22 likes this.

Headless Petie
jbn008 is offline  
post #18585 of 18591 Old 02-28-2015, 05:55 PM
Senior Member
 
milkk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 329
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbn008 View Post
Would the controller update have been in a xbox live update or do I need to manually check the controller by plugging it in?

I agree though, Microsoft seriously dropped the ball in this area, no doubt.
You have to manually update all controllers when there is a controller update but yes it came with the last or one before last update.

Samsung UN60H7150AF/Xbox One
Samsung UN55F6300AF/Xbox 360
milkk is offline  
post #18586 of 18591 Old Yesterday, 06:18 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Arutha_conDoin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Oregon
Posts: 2,387
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by rightintel View Post
I'm not sure, but it seems that last controller patch fixed stopped my disconnects.
I would not say it fixed it, but it has helped reduced the number of disconnects.

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
Arutha_conDoin is offline  
post #18587 of 18591 Old Yesterday, 11:17 AM
Senior Member
 
jbn008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 368
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by milkk View Post
You have to manually update all controllers when there is a controller update but yes it came with the last or one before last update.
Gotcha. thanks

Headless Petie
jbn008 is offline  
post #18588 of 18591 Old Yesterday, 09:12 PM
AVS Special Member
 
kevin g.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,584
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arutha_conDoin View Post
I would not say it fixed it, but it has helped reduced the number of disconnects.
Not here ...if anything, it's worsened.

"Once you learn good English...Can't nobody take it away!"

Xbox LIVE Gamertag: KEVIN G 40

kevin g. is online now  
post #18589 of 18591 Unread Today, 07:40 AM
Senior Member
 
Artman22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 306
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin g. View Post
Not here ...if anything, it's worsened.

Same here. Once I connect any headset to the controller it starts disconnecting. Even if I use my Sony Golds which are passive or my Astros A50's it starts disconnecting and it has gotten worse lately. I thought I found the solution to the problem buts it's really bad. It's inexcusable at this point.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PSN: Artman22
Xbox live: Artman22
Artman22 is online now  
post #18590 of 18591 Unread Today, 10:01 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 140
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I never once had my controller disconnected on me. Not sure what you guys have going on
Mnat0712 is online now  
post #18591 of 18591 Unread Today, 10:21 AM
Senior Member
 
BDUB619's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 348
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnat0712 View Post
I never once had my controller disconnected on me. Not sure what you guys have going on
+1

Haven't had any disconnects either. I use 2 controllers, 1 MS Day One and the other is Microsoft standard X1 controller.

Sony HW40es Projector / 106" Silver Ticket screen
Sony 70" W830B LED TV
PS4 GT: Ringo619
Xbox One GT: JonnyRingo619
BDUB619 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Monoprice , Xbox One Console Day One Edition

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off