The Official Xbox One thread... - Page 621 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 628Likes

post #18601 of 18608 Old Yesterday, 06:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Maybe the disconnects are due to the headsets? Do those of you still having problems have your headsets assigned to your profile on the One? Just a shot in the dark...

Xbox Live: General PATT0N
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #18602 of 18608 Old Yesterday, 07:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Artman...refer them to that support thread I referenced. Per that thread, start a chat with support and have them document what you have attempted, and their solutions.

If you are still under warranty, you can request a repair. I am about at that point. Unfortunately, I have no faith in the repair team. You can request that they repair your original console, but there's nothing to hold them to that agreement. The last time I gave a special request that they send me my original repaired 360 PRO. They may as well have laughed in my face...they did what they wanted, anyway.

And there are multiple posts in that thread of people who've received two and three refurbs with the same issue. I'm not interested in fighting that.

"Once you learn good English...Can't nobody take it away!"

Xbox LIVE Gamertag: KEVIN G 40

post #18603 of 18608 Old Yesterday, 07:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 721 Post(s)
Liked: 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin g. View Post
You may want to give this a read. For those of you that have no issues, count yourselves lucky. Don't be so quick to dismiss those of us that are. It is VERY frustrating. Especially if you like FPS over other game types.

Seems to be more random per console. Mine has done it since it was new, but only in the last few months, has it become almost unplayable. I have to hard reset 4-5 times a night, sometimes more.

As I have mentioned previously, there is a theory that it is only on consoles with the gamepad wifi controller built by "Company X". Consoles with the wifi controller built by "Company Y" may not be having issues. Only Microsoft knows for sure...ant they ain't tellin'...
There are enough users in this thread reporting problems that it's not a ID10T problem. Chipsets from different vendors is somewhat surprising to me but not entirely. What would be baffling is MS phone rep saying they aren't aware of the issue. My brother went through a ridiculously long warranty claim with his Xbox One.

So you guys needs a replacement console?

PSN: Cravit8
XBL: oOo_Crav_oOo
post #18604 of 18608 Old Yesterday, 08:17 PM

Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by rightintel View Post
Maybe the disconnects are due to the headsets? Do those of you still having problems have your headsets assigned to your profile on the One? Just a shot in the dark...

It's not the headset because they both work perfectly fine on the ps4. It's the Xbox.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PSN: Artman22
Xbox live: Artman22
post #18605 of 18608 Old Yesterday, 10:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravit8 View Post
There are enough users in this thread reporting problems that it's not a ID10T problem. Chipsets from different vendors is somewhat surprising to me but not entirely. What would be baffling is MS phone rep saying they aren't aware of the issue. My brother went through a ridiculously long warranty claim with his Xbox One.

So you guys needs a replacement console?
Since Xbox Prime, we have seen different DVD drives, hdd's, the 360 had multiple graphics, and cpu chipsets. So it is not a huge stretch to assume there may be different vendors subcontracted to handle the wireless spec for the controller. Especially since we know they were under the gun to get this thing to launch.

I also am not really surprised to see an electronics manufacturer deny any issues they may or may not have...just this past week, I had Samsung flat out lie to me, that their smart hub was not down. While telling me I needed to perform a factory reset. Onkyo denied the huge customer base that was having HDMI issues with their receivers...

Why should Microsoft be any different?

"Once you learn good English...Can't nobody take it away!"

Xbox LIVE Gamertag: KEVIN G 40

Last edited by kevin g.; Today at 08:23 AM.
post #18606 of 18608 Old Today, 05:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 721 Post(s)
Liked: 393
^all good points, that's why I read the forums. Thanks.

PSN: Cravit8
XBL: oOo_Crav_oOo
post #18607 of 18608 Old Today, 10:24 AM

Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Does anyone know of a Kinect extension cable or has anyone modified theirs to make it longer?
Tired of waiting for an extension to become available and may attempt to just cut and extend mine.

60" Panasonic Plasma ~ BenQ HT1075 / 92" fixed Dragonfly Screen ~ Parasound Halo C2 Pre/Pro
Earthquake Sound Cinenova Grande Amplifier ~ Crown X1000 ~ Oppo BDP-103
Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista Tube DAC ~ Monster Cable Signature Series HTPS7000
Energy Veritas 2.2i (mains) & Veritas 2.0c (center) ~ Energy RC-70 (side surrounds)
CAT Tiburons(rear surr) ~ Sub... custom 15" Diamond Audio Technology ~ Xbox One
post #18608 of 18608 Old Today, 10:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
Does anyone know of a Kinect extension cable or has anyone modified theirs to make it longer?
Tired of waiting for an extension to become available and may attempt to just cut and extend mine.
Xbox One Kinect Extender

Click to the last ~10 pages or so for solutions that are working for people.

Xbox Live: oktober rust | Mii: 5207 2388 9861 4135 | Steam ID: detroit820 | Origin ID: oktoberrust11
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Monoprice , Xbox One Console Day One Edition