The Official Xbox One thread... - Page 628 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 1039Likes
post #18811 of 19978 Old 03-18-2015, 08:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 273 Post(s)
Liked: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampabuc View Post
Cool unexpected feature...

Starting today, you can upload your own music files to Microsoft's cloud service, OneDrive, and stream the tracks via Xbox Music. The process seems fairly simple, and will allow you to add music which may not otherwise be available on Microsoft's streaming platform.

You can stream MP3, M4A (AAC), and WMA files from OneDrive's music folder to Xbox Music on any Windows 8.1 device, Windows Phone 8.1, Xbox One, Xbox 360, and web browsers. Unfortunately, it would appear iOS and Android users are out of luck for the time being.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/03/...-with-onedrive

How To:
https://music.xbox.com/OneDrive
Holy Crap!
Quote:
Will I get extra storage space to save my music to OneDrive?
If you are a Music Pass subscriber, you'll get 100 GB of additional storage in OneDrive to save all the music you love.
Nothing like being able to back up my music collection and still have 30GB to spare.
tampabuc likes this.

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #18812 of 19978 Old 03-18-2015, 11:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Ok pretty annoyed with trying to upload the music to One Drive. It only allows you to do 1,000 files at a time and I have something like 1,400. So then I shorten it by grabbing X amount of folders and get a error saying it wiill not upload empty folders. Of course I have no idea which folders are empty!

PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
-Ghanima Atreides
post #18813 of 19978 Old 03-18-2015, 11:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked: 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeviledTiger View Post
For me, the real question is how much could I really enjoy a football game that isn't based on Madden's football engine....and I'm not sure I would....at all. Don't get me wrong, there are annoyance things with Madden...but overall, the gameplay is pretty strong....and is majorly evolved in depth from those original versions of the game (I've planned since it was "John Madden Football"). Even if they got the controls correct...and the physics engine was good...and all of the playbooks and players were included.....would enjoy people play another pro football game to make online play fun. I can reliably beat the computer....except on those "Solo Challenge" vs. 99 OVR with 99 chemistry in multiple areas that you get to in Madden Ultimate....my team is only 92 OVR (99LP/99ZD)...so beating the 99/99/99 teams on All-Madden mode takes a few attempts. As such, it's all about online play for me...and I do have a concern that at 10 PM (after my kids are in bed) when I'm sitting down for my near-nightly game that on a new game, that all I'll find is 11-year-old kids who have figured out they can throw slant patterns. They get excited....I start picking them off....and they rage quit in the first quarter. What kind of fun is that? I like them getting to the 2nd half before they rage quit....that's more fun.
I'm sold already from that alone. I really enjoyed APF 2K8. Only thing that killed it for my group was the fact that it was clear 2K had given up on it early and the lack of features that were 2K5. That's where they REALLY dropped the ball on it if you ask me. Gameplay, animations and mechanics stomped all over Madden at the time and to this day. I remember numerous plays where I would just watch in awe at how beautiful the action was on the field. Animations never seemed to get in the way of control with that game for the most part. I ran a play once where I went off tackle to the right with a simple run. It was the most beautiful thing I ever saw in any sports videogame before and since. And I felt in control the whole time.

The game definitely needed some patching. No doubt about it but the I'd still take it over Madden any day. I just hope the essence of 2K is in whatever they bring out. But I have to say using the Unreal engine has me having some big time doubts.

AT HAMMOND ROBOTICS WE'RE BRINGING THE FUTURE ... HOME
post #18814 of 19978 Old 03-19-2015, 04:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1049 Post(s)
Liked: 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arutha_conDoin View Post
Ok pretty annoyed with trying to upload the music to One Drive. It only allows you to do 1,000 files at a time and I have something like 1,400. So then I shorten it by grabbing X amount of folders and get a error saying it wiill not upload empty folders. Of course I have no idea which folders are empty!

Are you using the website to upload? I use the onedrive app and was able to just copy and paste my whole music folder onto the onedrive music folder. The upload took a few hours but once it was done I unsynced that folder from my computer so I wouldn't be using double the space for my music. I didn't have any limitations this way.

One of the greatest posts I have read

benjamin-benjami - http://www.avsforum.com/forum/142-pl...l#post24609271
post #18815 of 19978 Old 03-19-2015, 05:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by totalownership View Post
I'm sold already from that alone. I really enjoyed APF 2K8. Only thing that killed it for my group was the fact that it was clear 2K had given up on it early and the lack of features that were 2K5. That's where they REALLY dropped the ball on it if you ask me. Gameplay, animations and mechanics stomped all over Madden at the time and to this day. I remember numerous plays where I would just watch in awe at how beautiful the action was on the field. Animations never seemed to get in the way of control with that game for the most part. I ran a play once where I went off tackle to the right with a simple run. It was the most beautiful thing I ever saw in any sports videogame before and since. And I felt in control the whole time.

The game definitely needed some patching. No doubt about it but the I'd still take it over Madden any day. I just hope the essence of 2K is in whatever they bring out. But I have to say using the Unreal engine has me having some big time doubts.
I am in the same camp. I do not like Madden's gameplay so I would love to see another 2K game even if it did not have the official licenses.
post #18816 of 19978 Old 03-19-2015, 07:12 AM

Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by spid View Post
I am in the same camp. I do not like Madden's gameplay so I would love to see another 2K game even if it did not have the official licenses.

The problem is generic sports titles don't sell. I want an NFL game made by 2k. Madden isn't sim and will never be one. In 2015 still no penalties? Besides all the other trash madden does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PSN: Artman22
Xbox live: Artman22
post #18817 of 19978 Old 03-19-2015, 07:48 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Liked: 152
I agree and think the gameplay, engine and overall experience was done much better by NFL 2K Sports than Madden and EA sports. Remember in 2004 when all of 2K's sports games hit for $19.99, brand new?? I ran to my local Best Buy and bought all of them, even Baseball and Hockey (which at the time I had no interest in but for $20 I couldn't pass 'em up and ended up having a blast with 'em). I believe EA knew 2K had a better product and since they couldn't beat them with Madden, the mighty EA bought the exclusive rights to the NFL. "If you can't beat 'em, buy 'em" has been EA's motto. Look at what 2K has done with NBA 2k and beating the snot out of NBA Live for the last 5 years. After we've been force fed Madden and Live for decades, it's refreshing when someone else comes along with a newer (and better?) product. Competition forces creativity and we as gamers benefit.
Arutha_conDoin likes this.

Sony HW40es Projector / 106" Silver Ticket screen
Sony 70" W830B LED TV
PS4 GT: Ringo619
Xbox One GT: JonnyRingo619
post #18818 of 19978 Old 03-19-2015, 09:20 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 780 Post(s)
Liked: 1615
Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post
Are you using the website to upload? I use the onedrive app and was able to just copy and paste my whole music folder onto the onedrive music folder. The upload took a few hours but once it was done I unsynced that folder from my computer so I wouldn't be using double the space for my music. I didn't have any limitations this way.

Wouldn't it be easier to just move the folder? Nowadays I just dump everything in onedrive.

I don't get what's new here though? You could always play music from your onedrive.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #18819 of 19978 Old 03-19-2015, 09:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post
Wouldn't it be easier to just move the folder? Nowadays I just dump everything in onedrive.

I don't get what's new here though? You could always play music from your onedrive.
I have tried everything and the only way I can move things is to go into each artist folder and then album and select the tracks. For some stupid reason I can not just move the music folder into one drive either online or via the App on Win 8.1. Pissing me off since I have 129GB I can use!

PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
-Ghanima Atreides
post #18820 of 19978 Old 03-19-2015, 09:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Normally yes but my music is on my sd card to save space on laptop. The card isn't large enough to hold the onedrive storage so I keep my music on the sd card. The onedrive does keep some folders on my laptop, mostly work stuff. So I had to copy/paste.

post #18821 of 19978 Old 03-19-2015, 09:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I have tried everything and the only way I can move things is to go into each artist folder and then album and select the tracks. For some stupid reason I can not just move the music folder into one drive either online or via the App on Win 8.1. Pissing me off since I have 129GB I can use!

That's weird. I am using the onedrive app on a Mac so not sure if that would make a difference. I could see that as being a pain though.

post #18822 of 19978 Old 03-19-2015, 09:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I meant to also add I think now you can use the music on onedrive to play through Xbox music. I didn't use Xbox music before this January so I'm still new to Xbox music.

post #18823 of 19978 Old 03-19-2015, 09:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 241 Post(s)
Liked: 561
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artman22 View Post
The problem is generic sports titles don't sell. I want an NFL game made by 2k. Madden isn't sim and will never be one. In 2015 still no penalties? Besides all the other trash madden does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The other problem is do people think they are going to have the same team of developers that did the game all these years ago? It is 2015 and not sure after all this time waiting for a 2K game it is going to provide similar enjoyment or be any better than Madden.

The 5.0 is here
post #18824 of 19978 Old 03-19-2015, 10:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I meant to also add I think now you can use the music on onedrive to play through Xbox music. I didn't use Xbox music before this January so I'm still new to Xbox music.
You can, along with playlists which is why I want to get my library onto the Onedrive. Though I just wished MS would go back to the Zune software. I use that still on Win 8.1 and love it. So much more versatile IMO then Xbox Music.
michaeltscott and kevin g. like this.

PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
-Ghanima Atreides
post #18825 of 19978 Old 03-19-2015, 10:35 AM
AVS Addicted Member

The Official Xbox One thread...

Quote:
Normally yes but my music is on my sd card to save space on laptop. The card isn't large enough to hold the onedrive storage so I keep my music on the sd card. The onedrive does keep some folders on my laptop, mostly work stuff. So I had to copy/paste.

If you're comfortable with the command line you can get around that by just creating a junction point to your music folder in the onedrive folder. Off the top of my head I think it's mklink /j <music folder> <onedrive>.

post #18826 of 19978 Old 03-19-2015, 10:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Quote:
You can, along with playlists which is why I want to get my library onto the Onedrive. Though I just wished MS would go back to the Zune software. I use that still on Win 8.1 and love it. So much more versatile IMO then Xbox Music.

^^^^^^^
THIS!!

I know Zune was a failure in many people's eyes, as a music player, but I preferred it over Apple, and still do. I have it on all my PC's, and still have my daughter's 16 gb player.

"Once you learn good English...Can't nobody take it away!"

Xbox LIVE Gamertag: KEVIN G 40

post #18827 of 19978 Old 03-19-2015, 11:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 307 Post(s)
Liked: 782
Quote:
If you don't need immediate (local) access to some OneDrive files, move your OneDrive location to your SD card. Then set all the files that you don't need local access to "Make available online only" by right-clicking and choosing that option. Then when you open that file, it will have to download it. But at least you save the space. The weird thing is the file will still show as the original file size even though it's not taking that amount of space on the local drive.

The easiest way is to just select all the files in your OneDrive and set them all simultaneously to online use only. Then go back to the folders that you need offline access and select them and choose the "Make available offline". Those will then be local files.
post #18828 of 19978 Old 03-19-2015, 11:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked: 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by mboojigga View Post
The other problem is do people think they are going to have the same team of developers that did the game all these years ago? It is 2015 and not sure after all this time waiting for a 2K game it is going to provide similar enjoyment or be any better than Madden.
I've been thinking the same thing but then I look at NBA 2K15 and the "culture and spirit" is still there as can be seen in that. There was a screenshot where they had NFL 2K5 on screen in their offices. Believe me they know what their benchmark is and I'm confident they're aiming to surpass it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artman22 View Post
At this point in my gaming life the "selling well" of a generic sports title, if that's what it's going to be, doesn't bother me much. I rarely play randoms anymore and really have little desire to do so. I have a base of friends that I expect to play all my sports games with and should they all get it then I'm good. I have one friend online who's a little flaky though so I don't know what he'll do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDUB619 View Post
I agree and think the gameplay, engine and overall experience was done much better by NFL 2K Sports than Madden and EA sports. Remember in 2004 when all of 2K's sports games hit for $19.99, brand new?? I ran to my local Best Buy and bought all of them, even Baseball and Hockey (which at the time I had no interest in but for $20 I couldn't pass 'em up and ended up having a blast with 'em). I believe EA knew 2K had a better product and since they couldn't beat them with Madden, the mighty EA bought the exclusive rights to the NFL. "If you can't beat 'em, buy 'em" has been EA's motto. Look at what 2K has done with NBA 2k and beating the snot out of NBA Live for the last 5 years. After we've been force fed Madden and Live for decades, it's refreshing when someone else comes along with a newer (and better?) product. Competition forces creativity and we as gamers benefit.
I most certainly do remember that and I did the same thing. I bought everything, and like you the Hockey and Baseball games weren't my thing at the time but I had mad fun with them. I even had leagues running with all of them. The "T.O." leagues. Man I wish those pages were still up. Those were the golden years of sports video games. The football and baseball leagues really took off. I had to make 2 more baseball "minor" leagues just to accommodate all the interest. If someone flaked out the TOMajorLeague I'd promote a guy from the "Minor" leagues to take his place. I had committees and everything running. I was stretching myself thin at the time though.

I found my old and I mean OLD dated graphics for the leagues, lol

Couldn't find my original TOMLB graphic,this was an alternative league
BDUB619 likes this.

AT HAMMOND ROBOTICS WE'RE BRINGING THE FUTURE ... HOME
post #18829 of 19978 Old 03-19-2015, 11:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 231 Post(s)
Liked: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by mboojigga View Post
And the engine they had at the time is also literally useless now, two console generations later.

XBL/Steam: JHoff80
post #18830 of 19978 Old 03-19-2015, 12:18 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 106
I broke down and ordered a 2 TB backup hard drive. I'm at 98% full and I had to delete most of the free with Gold games. Going to hook up the new drive and throw everything I can on that. I bet I fill that up in less than a year also, sad (but fun!).

Big Trouble in Little China - greatest film ever made

Gamertag: Team Banzai
post #18831 of 19978 Old 03-19-2015, 12:27 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Liked: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudgeSmails View Post
I broke down and ordered a 2 TB backup hard drive. I'm at 98% full and I had to delete most of the free with Gold games. Going to hook up the new drive and throw everything I can on that. I bet I fill that up in less than a year also, sad (but fun!).
Where and how much?

I'm looking at a Toshiba 1TB drive for ~ $56, but if a 2TB is a good price, it would make sense.

Sony HW40es Projector / 106" Silver Ticket screen
Sony 70" W830B LED TV
PS4 GT: Ringo619
Xbox One GT: JonnyRingo619
post #18832 of 19978 Old 03-19-2015, 04:52 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDUB619 View Post
Where and how much?

I'm looking at a Toshiba 1TB drive for ~ $56, but if a 2TB is a good price, it would make sense.
This one below. Was recommended by E from Msoft and Ryan McCaffery from IGN. As they're both big XBOX guys I figured they knew what they were talking about:

Seagate Backup Plus Slim 2TB Portable External Hard Drive with Mobile Device Backup USB 3.0 (Black) STDR2000100

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Big Trouble in Little China - greatest film ever made

Gamertag: Team Banzai
post #18833 of 19978 Old 03-19-2015, 06:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 337 Post(s)
Liked: 250
Quote:
Seagate Backup Plus Slim 2TB Portable External Hard Drive with Mobile Device Backup USB 3.0 (Black) STDR2000100

I've been using that one since around Black Friday when it was $70. No issues at all and just as fast as the factory drive (nothing special there of course).
post #18834 of 19978 Old 03-19-2015, 06:30 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1876 Post(s)
Liked: 1064
Quote:
This one below. Was recommended by E from Msoft and Ryan McCaffery from IGN. As they're both big XBOX guys I figured they knew what they were talking about:

If you have the money to spend check out the 4TB version. It is really fast. The Seagate Backup Plus Fast 4TB. It uses two, 2.5 inch drives in a RAID0 configuration and is still USB powered. It gets read/write speeds of 220MB/s. If I had it over again I would have purchased those instead of SSDs for use with my XBOnes. I use a couple of them with my Desktop PCs and have been very pleased with their performance. Although I got mine when they were on sale for under $200.

53TB unRAID2--38TB unRAID3--33TB unRAID1a
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

Last edited by aaronwt; 03-19-2015 at 06:34 PM.
post #18835 of 19978 Old 03-19-2015, 06:58 PM
AVS Addicted Member

I'd be tempted to dump two of these in a raid enclosure:

http://www.amazon.com/WD10S12X-Solid.../dp/B00RJWEG2K

Between the two you'd have 32gb of flash, that should go a lot further than the seagate SSHDs.

post #18836 of 19978 Old 03-19-2015, 09:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

+1 on that one. I have been using that since about October. Very quiet drive and no issues.
JudgeSmails and tampabuc like this.

PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
-Ghanima Atreides
post #18837 of 19978 Old 03-20-2015, 05:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Still loving Battlefield Hardline... Came across this glitch today. The Invisible takedown.

PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
-Ghanima Atreides
post #18838 of 19978 Old 03-20-2015, 08:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 231 Post(s)
Liked: 255
Seems like a pretty dull preview update so far, but the achievement text in the notification should be nice.

http://majornelson.com/2015/03/20/fi...ow-in-preview/

XBL/Steam: JHoff80
post #18839 of 19978 Old 03-21-2015, 06:04 AM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
That's weird. I am using the onedrive app on a Mac so not sure if that would make a difference. I could see that as being a pain though.
After I signed up for Office 365 and got my 1TB of storage I put all of my music on Onedrive. I believe that I grabbed batches of subfolders (folders by artist) in my Music folder and uploaded them in batches. I didn't try to drag the whole music folder into the Onedrive site so I'm not sure if it would work.

On a side note I also bought a program called http://www.winxdvd.com/dvd-ripper/ and took all of my DVD's and put them in Onedrive and also Google Drive (double redundancy) so I can stream them anytime I want and also don't have to mess with the discs.

XBOX Live Gamertag: budracin88
Steam ID: Budracin88
PSN ID: Budracin8808
post #18840 of 19978 Old 03-21-2015, 10:07 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budracin8 View Post
After I signed up for Office 365 and got my 1TB of storage I put all of my music on Onedrive. I believe that I grabbed batches of subfolders (folders by artist) in my Music folder and uploaded them in batches. I didn't try to drag the whole music folder into the Onedrive site so I'm not sure if it would work.

On a side note I also bought a program called http://www.winxdvd.com/dvd-ripper/ and took all of my DVD's and put them in Onedrive and also Google Drive (double redundancy) so I can stream them anytime I want and also don't have to mess with the discs.

I see your 1TB, and raise you to unlimited.

https://preview.onedrive.com/?wt.mc_...tblogtitlehere

Makes the office 365 sub worth it just for that. Only major limitation is files can't be bigger than 10GB, so you can stuff anything in there but full disc BD rips.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Monoprice , Xbox One Console Day One Edition

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page