The Official Xbox One thread... - Page 629 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 729Likes
post #18841 of 18864 Old 03-21-2015, 12:31 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 675 Post(s)
Liked: 1572
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budracin8 View Post
Yea I'm enjoying the cloud storage price/capacity wars between Google Drive, Dropbox, and OneDrive. I have 100GB on Google Drive for $3/month + an additional 128 on Drive from promotions and such.

Dropbox seems like odd man out...at least for me. I'm not even sure of their pricing structure as I'm happy with the 2 big ones I have. Use Dropbox for small stuff.

For me the best thing about onedrive is the background photo/video upload. Finally my wife doesn't have to keep asking me to clear off her phone or transfer to the PC every few weeks. It just magically appears in her onedrive folder on any of our PCs, she can delete them off her phone to clear space without fear, and there's nothing she can do to accidentally permanently delete them. She could lose her phone or our house could burn down and all that stuff is safe. $100 a year for unlimited offsite storage is worth every penny.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #18842 of 18864 Old 03-21-2015, 04:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post
For me the best thing about onedrive is the background photo/video upload. Finally my wife doesn't have to keep asking me to clear off her phone or transfer to the PC every few weeks. It just magically appears in her onedrive folder on any of our PCs, she can delete them off her phone to clear space without fear, and there's nothing she can do to accidentally permanently delete them. She could lose her phone or our house could burn down and all that stuff is safe. $100 a year for unlimited offsite storage is worth every penny.
I use Google plus photos for auto upload of all my pics. Google plus is basically the same as Google Drive when it comes to pics. I actually heard Google Plus Photos will be moved to Drive.

I also use auto backup of photos on Onedrive too. I like double backup.

PSN ID: Budracin8808

XBOX Live Gamertag: budracin88
post #18843 of 18864 Old 03-21-2015, 04:40 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 214 Post(s)
Liked: 200
Xbox Video Quality / Interstellar
Interstellar (Blu-ray) Official AVS Forum Review

Anyone brave enough to have purchased this one digitally already, and through Xbox Video? If so, is it decent video quality, no major black level issues, and basic 5.1 at least?

There is no way in hell that I'll miss picking up the Blu-ray equipped with DTS-HD on 3/31 but I don't think I can wait that long. $20 early throw-away rental basically.
post #18844 of 18864 Old 03-21-2015, 05:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked: 286
Wait for the Bluray. It's only 10 days away for crying out loud!

PSN ID/XBOX Live! Gamertag: BiffCo
My SD/HD movie collection
post #18845 of 18864 Old 03-21-2015, 06:32 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Brad View Post
Wait for the Bluray. It's only 10 days away for crying out loud!

Totally impatient...

Off topic, I just noticed that you have 50-gazillion Xbox achievements - hard core man. You totally suck.
Arutha_conDoin likes this.
post #18846 of 18864 Old 03-21-2015, 07:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampabuc View Post
Totally impatient...

Off topic, I just noticed that you have 50-gazillion Xbox achievements - hard core man. You totally suck.
Haha. I got a 360 at launch and was a pretty big achievement whore back in the day. Not so much now, but if I feel like something is doable and I don't have to play on uber-hard mode, I go for it. My OCD LOVES collectibles.
tampabuc likes this.

PSN ID/XBOX Live! Gamertag: BiffCo
My SD/HD movie collection
post #18847 of 18864 Old 03-21-2015, 08:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 216 Post(s)
Liked: 249
Quote:
Xbox Video Quality / Interstellar
Interstellar (Blu-ray) Official AVS Forum Review

Anyone brave enough to have purchased this one digitally already, and through Xbox Video? If so, is it decent video quality, no major black level issues, and basic 5.1 at least?

There is no way in hell that I'll miss picking up the Blu-ray equipped with DTS-HD on 3/31 but I don't think I can wait that long. $20 early throw-away rental basically.
I was so on the fence with this the other night and I'm getting it on Blu Ray of course, but it's still 10 days out and I thought WTH I could get it now and double dip it since I love it that much. Then I saw how much the Mortal Kombat bundle was and I was hhmmm I guess I'll wait until the 31st
tampabuc likes this.

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
post #18848 of 18864 Old 03-22-2015, 01:45 PM
AVS Addicted Member

So my PS plus sub finally dried up and someone offered me a solid trade of an Xbox + kinect + a few games for just a ps4, so I figured what the hell, I'm back on board.

Anyway, I was play cod:aw and I didn't notice any special trigger rumble. Is it only the first party games that bother to use that?

post #18849 of 18864 Old 03-22-2015, 02:45 PM

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:
So my PS plus sub finally dried up and someone offered me a solid trade of an Xbox + kinect + a few games for just a ps4, so I figured what the hell, I'm back on board.

Anyway, I was play cod:aw and I didn't notice any special trigger rumble. Is it only the first party games that bother to use that?
Outside of the Forza games, GTA V uses the trigger rumble as well. I'm spacing on what other games make use of it.
post #18850 of 18864 Old 03-22-2015, 02:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Liked: 1109
Quote:

Welcome to XB1 BD!

I noticed some trigger rumble in Far Cry 4 when I was getting mortared. But I think it's pretty rare in third-party multiplatform games.

EDIT: here's a Reddit thread on the subject.

Last edited by DaverJ; 03-22-2015 at 02:54 PM.
post #18851 of 18864 Old 03-22-2015, 03:47 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverJ View Post
Welcome to XB1 BD!

I noticed some trigger rumble in Far Cry 4 when I was getting mortared. But I think it's pretty rare in third-party multiplatform games.

EDIT: here's a Reddit thread on the subject.
Hmph, figured that'd be a easy feature to implement but it looks like cod or titanfall doesnt support it....lame.

I'm still on the fence about keeping it, the trade was a no brainer because he gave me at least $100 more stuff than I gave him. But when I fired up cod with the 48 hour trial, I realized I'd have to start over from scratch again, same for TF. Kinda makes me not want to play them at all anymore. I really can't wait until this platform nonsense is a thing of the past, I dont understand why this doesnt make more people mad lol. I'll prob keep it until e3, and if it looks like the next cod will be cross-buy/play then I don't really have a reason to keep the console at all. My trusty old PS3 still has all the media stuff covered.

Either way I'll be buying cod on xbox this year, so I guess I'm still part of the fam.
cubdenno likes this.

post #18852 of 18864 Old 03-24-2015, 03:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 473
The Crew has a free 2 hour trial that will allow you to roll progress into the full game purchase.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/3/24/828...l-xbox-one-ps4
post #18853 of 18864 Old 03-24-2015, 06:35 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1591 Post(s)
Liked: 947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickff View Post
Borderlands 1 and 2 are two of the best games I have ever played.

The current "Deals with Gold" has the original Borderlands available as a DD for 360 for $5. I started to buy it but they pissed me off by not giving me an option to use the cash in my account. You can use that balance to buy Xbox One DDs but not downloads for Xbox 360 .

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
post #18854 of 18864 Old 03-24-2015, 06:58 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 87
FYI for anyone trying to install a new external drive. I had one issue. When I plugged the new drive the screen would go black and not come back on. This was when I used one of the back USB ports. To fix I used the side USB (which I didn't want to be permanent as my kids use that for Infinity) and I had to quickly choose the option that came on the screen to access and format the drive. Once I formatted the drive I could swap it to the back USBs with no issue. So so nice to see only 20% full on the memory screen...ahhhhhh....
DaverJ likes this.

Big Trouble in Little China - greatest film ever made

Gamertag: Team Banzai
post #18855 of 18864 Old 03-25-2015, 03:12 AM
AVS Special Member

The Epix app is now out for the Xbox One.

http://www.engadget.com/2015/03/24/e...x-one-out-now/

Rosetta Stone is also coming to Xbox One

http://www.windowscentral.com/rosett...rning-xbox-one

Last edited by spid; 03-25-2015 at 05:09 AM.
post #18856 of 18864 Old 03-25-2015, 06:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Rosetta Stone seems like a very good use for Kinect. Now here is hoping Duolingo creates an app.

Frank J. Cone

XBox Live / Steam: FCONE

Please do not form any opinion of the content of this post, it is still in BETA.

post #18857 of 18864 Old 03-25-2015, 05:49 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1591 Post(s)
Liked: 947
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankJ.Cone View Post
Rosetta Stone seems like a very good use for Kinect. Now here is hoping Duolingo creates an app.

I downloaded and tried it. There's no use of Kinect that I've been able to see; Rosetta Stone's Android app tests pronunciation and this doesn't.

It starts out with a scenario where you're in an airport (you have the option of trying to learn Spanish or English; I chose Spanish). There are little circles on some items and you can move among them with the left stick or d-pad. When you select them, some have magnifier icons; click them and it reveals the word for the object, which it pronounces, with its translation written in English (Rosetta Stone the program uses no English, not ever, except in the settings menus). A couple of objects were books and clicking the circles on them revealed a story, all in Spanish with no translation. Some circles have arrows in them and choosing them takes you to another area. Choosing circles above people's heads starts a conversation with that person with blanks to fill in for your responses, either a choice of a single word or multiple words to be chosen from and placed in the proper order (in a few cases it gave me letters to be sorted into a word). If you make the wrong choices it tells you and you try until you get it right. After the conversation is over it grades you (the percentage you got right the first try).

Either I was using it incorrectly or it's pretty useless. The exercises are okay, but they're far too advanced for someone who's never spoken the language. There's some vocabulary tools that talk about parts of speech in Spanish text and a couple of games, all far too advanced for a beginner.

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
post #18858 of 18864 Old 03-26-2015, 09:56 PM
AVS Special Member

post #18859 of 18864 Old 03-26-2015, 10:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked: 642
pretty cool idea to have dedicated servers for chat. so now you don't worry about moderate or strict nat.

and voice messages for crossplatform is good. I always hated, "listen to message on 360."
Arutha_conDoin and cubdenno like this.
post #18860 of 18864 Old 03-27-2015, 06:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 216 Post(s)
Liked: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post
pretty cool idea to have dedicated servers for chat. so now you don't worry about moderate or strict nat.

and voice messages for crossplatform is good. I always hated, "listen to message on 360."
Makes me wonder why the Party chat was never moved to Dedicated server in the first place...

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
post #18861 of 18864 Old 03-27-2015, 06:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked: 642
well, it was never dedicated servers on the 360. they probably thought status quo was good enough.

I do remember that on the 360, there were some weird situations where people had to be in a certain order for things to work. Like one of my friends said her name always had to be above a certain other person's name in the party or it would glitch and it turned out to be true. we tested it multiple times because it was strange that if one person logged into the party before another person, it would cause a problem. So the problematic person had to join the party last always to fix the problem.
post #18862 of 18864 Old Yesterday, 05:52 PM
Advanced Member

Not sure if anyone here is in the Windows 10 Technical Preview but I have been using the new official Windows "Spartan" browser for all of one day and it totally kicks ass...

Goodbye Internet Explorer...

Just hope they keep the Spartan name, with Cortana support on the side of course.

Who would have predicted this? Old school gamers are now the targeted audience for mass-market Windows products. No complaints.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/29040...0-preview.html

post #18863 of 18864 Old Yesterday, 09:44 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Not sure if anyone here is in the Windows 10 Technical Preview but I have been using the new official Windows "Spartan" browser for all of one day and it totally kicks ass...

Goodbye Internet Explorer...

Just hope they keep the Spartan name, with Cortana support on the side of course.

Who would have predicted this? Old school gamers are now the targeted audience for mass-market Windows products. No complaints.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/29040...0-preview.html

It's a good start and super fast, but it's still lacking so much that it's not even usable yet IMO.

post #18864 of 18864 Unread Today, 03:37 AM
AVS Special Member

As I was going through the IE app on Xbox One to watch Channel 9 videos I was wondering why there was no Channel 9 app. And here is the new Channel 9 and UFC TV Apps on the store.

http://www.windowscentral.com/ufctv-...medium=twitter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Monoprice , Xbox One Console Day One Edition

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page