The Official Xbox One thread... - Page 630 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 729Likes
post #18871 of 18874 Old Today, 02:15 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 678 Post(s)
Liked: 1572
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post
Spartan will have support for Chrome extensions (http://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft...native-support)

Honestly, I wish they would support Firefox extensions as I prefer FF. And some of my extensions do not have the exact versions for Chrome (though there are similar ones).

I've read that before and it gives me hope, but until it's confirmed I'm trying not to get my hopes up. And I'm a little concerned that a little too much of chrome itself is going to be needed to support chrome extensions.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #18872 of 18874 Unread Today, 06:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post
Spartan will have support for Chrome extensions (http://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft...native-support)

Honestly, I wish they would support Firefox extensions as I prefer FF. And some of my extensions do not have the exact versions for Chrome (though there are similar ones).
I too am a FF user...too bad it has become ridiculously unstable and buggy with the last build. Not sure if I will update to 37, or drop it all together. Flash bogs it down to he point that it almost becomes unusable. Then it fires up and runs fine..for a while. Can we just dump Flash, finally...please? HTML 5's time has come...

"Once you learn good English...Can't nobody take it away!"

Xbox LIVE Gamertag: KEVIN G 40

post #18873 of 18874 Unread Today, 07:09 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 678 Post(s)
Liked: 1572
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin g. View Post
I too am a FF user...too bad it has become ridiculously unstable and buggy with the last build. Not sure if I will update to 37, or drop it all together. Flash bogs it down to he point that it almost becomes unusable. Then it fires up and runs fine..for a while. Can we just dump Flash, finally...please? HTML 5's time has come...
Yeah, I tried to give it a shot again after reading that you can now run android apps in chrome. Enough is enough, I'm not launching two extra OSes on top of windows, I just want a browser. For as bloated as chrome might be though, firefox still feels too janky to use. One feature I don't think I can live without is the "create application shortcut" feature...chrome does it right by completely stripping all the UI out and makes the web apps feel like "real" apps. IE still keeps all the browser UI which defeats the purpose IMO, and firefox can't do it at all. Hopefully spartan gets that feature. I tried that easylist for IE feature someone mentioned a few pages back and that works really, really well...can't believe I didn't know about that!

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #18874 of 18874 Unread Today, 08:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post
One feature I don't think I can live without is the "create application shortcut" feature...chrome does it right by completely stripping all the UI out and makes the web apps feel like "real" apps. IE still keeps all the browser UI which defeats the purpose IMO, and firefox can't do it at all. Hopefully spartan gets that feature.
For what it's worth, there's a developer feature for Windows 10 to have hosted web apps. The web developer or whoever basically submits their URL to the Windows Store, and it appears to the user like a native app. In fact, they can even take advantage of native OS features like Cortana, notifications, the camera app, calendar, etc. just by including it in their JavaScript code on their site.. and because it's just a URL that gets submitted, basically that means that the site can be updated all the time without re-submitting it to the Store.

If it catches on, it could be huge for some of the areas Windows (and more importantly Windows Phone) has been lacking... bank apps (which are already generally web wrappers, but now could use the camera for check deposits), airlines, and other such services.

XBL/Steam: JHoff80
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Monoprice , Xbox One Console Day One Edition

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page