The Official Xbox One thread... - Page 634 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 789Likes

post #18991 of 19020 Old 04-22-2015, 09:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 238
Miracast receive coming to the preview program this week. I've been waiting for that one for a while.

http://majornelson.com/2015/04/22/ne...0-and-xbox-one

There's some other Windows 10 related stuff coming too, but it'll require a Windows 10 preview build update too.
tampabuc likes this.

XBL/Steam: JHoff80
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #18992 of 19020 Old 04-22-2015, 01:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 233 Post(s)
Liked: 230
Miracast, wow...great surprise. I didn't think that would ever happen. No need to buy more adapters! Almost anything on your PC or Tablet, on the big screen - at any time. Cool! A few more details...

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbo.../1100-6426812/

XBOX ONE AND SMARTGLASS:
  • Over-the-air TV for the U.S. and Canada – Earlier this month, we announced the preview for an Over-the-Air Tuner for the U.S. and Canada. With this preview update to Xbox One, a new screen has been added after the initial channel scan to show a sorted list of channels and channel logos so you can tell what channels you receive. You can also choose to scan again from this screen, if you want to move your antenna and give it another try.
  • Power on and off from Xbox One SmartGlass – The beta versions of the Xbox One SmartGlass apps for Windows, Windows Phone, and Android will be updated to let you turn your Xbox One on and off. (Your device does need to be on the same home network as your console.) This feature request has more than 4,000 votes on the Xbox Feedback site. The beta versions can be found in the respective stores by searching for “Xbox One SmartGlass Beta."
  • Wireless Display appWith more than 2,000 votes, Miracast support will be enabled on Xbox One for preview participants later this week, so you can mirror the experiences on Windows PCs (for example, Surface 2, 3, or 3 Pro; Lenovo X1 carbon; Dell Venue 8), Windows Phone 8, and some Android devices (e.g. Samsung S5, Nexus 7, Motorola Droid) that support non-protected Miracast connections. Try the Wireless Display app to cast photos stored on your phone to your Xbox One, or to stream non-protected video content from your PC to your Xbox.
  • User-selectable power mode – The team here at Xbox is also altering the initial setup experience on Xbox One worldwide to enable you to select your preferred power mode. Instant-on enables you to use the “Xbox on" voice command and receive background updates to console, game, and app updates. Energy-saving mode is a low power state that requires you to press the Xbox button on your console to start up your Xbox One. For additional information, see this post on Xbox Wire.
  • Voice messages – The ability to send and receive voice messages from the Xbox One messages app continues in preview this month. Also, the ability to create a voice message while in a party chat will be enabled and support will be added for third-party headsets.
post #18993 of 19020 Old Yesterday, 10:33 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 94
I posted about this earlier but an update for all. I've been having some issues downloading updates to Sunset Overdrive. I only download games, no disks. Sunset worked for the first few months but once a recent upgrade it became 'bricked'. During the same time I added an external hard drive as my ONE ran out of memory and started migrating Games to the external. I moved all Games to external, downloaded a bunch of free/EA Access games I was waiting on more space for, and left all Apps on the internal hard drive. Everything worked great with two exceptions - Sunset still wouldn't upgrade or launch and NBA15 wouldn't either. All other games, fine.

This was driving me mad. I followed the advice of some here and others online. Reset factory resets, cleared MACs, rebooted a million times, unplugged power brick, used alternate network blah blah blah. Nothing fixed the two problematic games. So I broke down and chatted online with XBOX. Ironically while chatting with them NBA15 loaded. Finally. Sunset was still bricked. Mind you I could download extras and DLC but no primary game. Stuck at 21%. So XBOX had me check a bunch of Network settings and got me into the 'secret' NAT screen via "please go to Settings > Network > Test Multiplayer Connection. Once the result comes up, please press the following button combinations on the controller: LB+LT+RB+RT"

Here is how they diagnosed my issue:
Me: It says "It's All Good"
XBOX: May I know the NAT status please on the detailed statistics info?
Me: Open
Me: It is getting Detailed NaT Infomation
Me: "Your network is behind a cone NAT"
XBOX: Okay. This is the reason why you are having minimal connection with Xbox Live and is getting the error when you attempt to download the games. Even if the connection is good, this is only the console connecting to the internet and not with Xbox Live. The "Your network is behind a cone NAT" status is giving you a limited connection to Xbox Live especially on the downloads.
XBOX: All we have to do is to do port forwarding and port triggering to allow communication between the console and the router in terms of connecting to Xbox Live.
Me: Ah ha
XBOX: For the process, I will be giving you a list of the ports to open. You will have to contact your ISP to help you with opening the ports as they have the expertise of the router you have. After this, just restart your console to sync the changes. Everything should be fixed and you should be able to download the games. Okay?

This is interesting. I really struggle with why one game, just one, would not work unless for someone odd reason that game is aligned with one of the ports Msoft is saying I need open. I haven't messed with this yet. Setting a static IP on my ONE and tweaking ports is not something I have experience in and I can't mess with my router until the work week is over. I'll try and monkey with it, we'll see.

Oh, edit, forget to add the Ports in case it will help others:
As per call today, kindly refer to the list of ports and have your ISP open them to allow communication between the console and the router to get better Xbox Live connection.
Xbox Live requires the following ports to be open:
  • Port 88 (UDP)
  • Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
  • Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
  • Port 80 (TCP)
  • Port 500 (UDP)
  • Port 3544 (UDP)
  • Port 4500 (UDP)
Once ports are already forwarded and triggered, kindly restart your router and console to sync the changes.

One thing I will say for MS. The chat agent was extremely quick and polite.
Sorax and rightintel like this.

Big Trouble in Little China - greatest film ever made

Gamertag: Team Banzai

Last edited by JudgeSmails; Yesterday at 10:35 AM. Reason: added port info
post #18994 of 19020 Old Yesterday, 11:12 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudgeSmails View Post
So XBOX had me check a bunch of Network settings and got me into the 'secret' NAT screen via "please go to Settings > Network > Test Multiplayer Connection. Once the result comes up, please press the following button combinations on the controller: LB+LT+RB+RT"
I love secret diagnostic screens Good info, thanks for sharing!

Gamer Tag: Todd Stevens
post #18995 of 19020 Old Yesterday, 11:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 495
Quote:
I posted about this earlier but an update for all. I've been having some issues downloading updates to Sunset Overdrive. I only download games, no disks. Sunset worked for the first few months but once a recent upgrade it became 'bricked'. During the same time I added an external hard drive as my ONE ran out of memory and started migrating Games to the external. I moved all Games to external, downloaded a bunch of free/EA Access games I was waiting on more space for, and left all Apps on the internal hard drive. Everything worked great with two exceptions - Sunset still wouldn't upgrade or launch and NBA15 wouldn't either. All other games, fine.

This was driving me mad. I followed the advice of some here and others online. Reset factory resets, cleared MACs, rebooted a million times, unplugged power brick, used alternate network blah blah blah. Nothing fixed the two problematic games. So I broke down and chatted online with XBOX. Ironically while chatting with them NBA15 loaded. Finally. Sunset was still bricked. Mind you I could download extras and DLC but no primary game. Stuck at 21%. So XBOX had me check a bunch of Network settings and got me into the 'secret' NAT screen via "please go to Settings > Network > Test Multiplayer Connection. Once the result comes up, please press the following button combinations on the controller: LB+LT+RB+RT"

Here is how they diagnosed my issue:
Me: It says "It's All Good"
XBOX: May I know the NAT status please on the detailed statistics info?
Me: Open
Me: It is getting Detailed NaT Infomation
Me: "Your network is behind a cone NAT"
XBOX: Okay. This is the reason why you are having minimal connection with Xbox Live and is getting the error when you attempt to download the games. Even if the connection is good, this is only the console connecting to the internet and not with Xbox Live. The "Your network is behind a cone NAT" status is giving you a limited connection to Xbox Live especially on the downloads.
XBOX: All we have to do is to do port forwarding and port triggering to allow communication between the console and the router in terms of connecting to Xbox Live.
Me: Ah ha
XBOX: For the process, I will be giving you a list of the ports to open. You will have to contact your ISP to help you with opening the ports as they have the expertise of the router you have. After this, just restart your console to sync the changes. Everything should be fixed and you should be able to download the games. Okay?

This is interesting. I really struggle with why one game, just one, would not work unless for someone odd reason that game is aligned with one of the ports Msoft is saying I need open. I haven't messed with this yet. Setting a static IP on my ONE and tweaking ports is not something I have experience in and I can't mess with my router until the work week is over. I'll try and monkey with it, we'll see.

Oh, edit, forget to add the Ports in case it will help others:
As per call today, kindly refer to the list of ports and have your ISP open them to allow communication between the console and the router to get better Xbox Live connection.
  • Port 88 (UDP)
  • Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
  • Port 80 (TCP)
  • Port 500 (UDP)
  • Port 3544 (UDP)
  • Port 4500 (UDP)
Once ports are already forwarded and triggered, kindly restart your router and console to sync the changes.

My fix was restoring the One to default, disconnecting the externals and redownloading the games I wanted on the internal I haven't had an issue since. I believe my issue goes back to my external. I have two other Xbox Ones and they didn't have this problem.

The 5.0 is here
post #18996 of 19020 Old Yesterday, 11:41 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mboojigga View Post
My fix was restoring the One to default, disconnecting the externals and redownloading the games I wanted on the internal I haven't had an issue since. I believe my issue goes back to my external. I have two other Xbox Ones and they didn't have this problem.
Thanks. I did try that as well, no dice. I'm ready to blame either gremlins or Al Gore.
Arutha_conDoin likes this.

post #18997 of 19020 Old Yesterday, 12:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 221 Post(s)
Liked: 256
Quote:
Thanks. I did try that as well, no dice. I'm ready to blame either gremlins or Al Gore.
I would go with Al Gore. After all he created the internet.

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
post #18998 of 19020 Old Yesterday, 09:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 819 Post(s)
Liked: 449
Quote:
  • Port 88 (UDP)
  • Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
  • Port 80 (TCP)
  • Port 500 (UDP)
  • Port 3544 (UDP)
  • Port 4500 (UDP)

I highly recommend setting your router to put the Xbox in the DMZ before going through all that. DMZ will open all ports, like ALL of them. It takes like 90 seconds on my router, I don't even know how to get into port forwarding, it can be a mess.

I have my console in a DMZ, not like it can be hacked.
rightintel likes this.

PSN: Cravit8
XBL: oOo_Crav_oOo
post #18999 of 19020 Old Today, 06:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 482
Marvel and Telltale Games announced a new game scheduled for 2017.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/04/...e-game-in-2017
post #19000 of 19020 Old Today, 06:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 482
New teaser trailer for Call of Duty: Black Ops 3.

post #19001 of 19020 Old Today, 06:43 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by spid View Post
New teaser trailer for Call of Duty: Black Ops 3.
Just can't really get into COD anymore, but man, they know how to put together a trailer.
JudgeSmails likes this.

Xbox Gamertag/PSN ID: RemoWilliams84

"I started out with nothing, and I still got most of it." -Seasick Steve

post #19002 of 19020 Old Today, 07:30 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravit8 View Post
I highly recommend setting your router to put the Xbox in the DMZ before going through all that. DMZ will open all ports, like ALL of them. It takes like 90 seconds on my router, I don't even know how to get into port forwarding, it can be a mess.

Well creating the static IP and then doing the port forwarding on the router was pretty easy. 10 mins tops. I found some very helpful youtube videos.

The funny, and expected, thing is that this did NADA. This time I had XBOX support call me. Well, that was interesting. Now we have a "Who's on first?" thing going on. The new agent tells me port settings are just for multiplayer. Tells me it has nothing to do with downloads from Live so he directly contradicts the earlier agent. Sigh. Anyway, ya'll will love this. He tells me the problem is "wireless interference caused by speakers, glass or other network devices. You want to make sure your ONE is not surrounded by glass or other AV equipment."

Um, excuse me. You are telling me a One cannot be used near other AV equipment?!? That has to be the WORST response ever. I fell out of my chair on that one. I couldn't help but laugh. I told him I was pretty darn sure that MS wanted the One to be an AV tool and used for TV and Games and that, shockingly!, I bet most users have it near receivers, speakers, in cabinets, etc. So he goes on and on trying to explain network interference to me. I felt like I was in the twilight zone.

Anyway, I got tired of being on the phone for 35 mins so I ended the call. Just to reinforce the madness I am going to hardwire my One to go straight to router to avoid wireless to prove that they are insane or just to resolve this issue that occurs with only...one...stinking...game. Sigh, so frustrating.

First world problems I tell ya!

post #19003 of 19020 Old Today, 07:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Quote:
Well creating the static IP and then doing the port forwarding on the router was pretty easy. 10 mins tops. I found some very helpful youtube videos.

The funny, and expected, thing is that this did NADA. This time I had XBOX support call me. Well, that was interesting. Now we have a "Who's on first?" thing going on. The new agent tells me port settings are just for multiplayer. Tells me it has nothing to do with downloads from Live so he directly contradicts the earlier agent. Sigh. Anyway, ya'll will love this. He tells me the problem is "wireless interference caused by speakers, glass or other network devices. You want to make sure your ONE is not surrounded by glass or other AV equipment."

Um, excuse me. You are telling me a One cannot be used near other AV equipment?!? That has to be the WORST response ever. I fell out of my chair on that one. I couldn't help but laugh. I told him I was pretty darn sure that MS wanted the One to be an AV tool and used for TV and Games and that, shockingly!, I bet most users have it near receivers, speakers, in cabinets, etc. So he goes on and on trying to explain network interference to me. I felt like I was in the twilight zone.

Anyway, I got tired of being on the phone for 35 mins so I ended the call. Just to reinforce the madness I am going to hardwire my One to go straight to router to avoid wireless to prove that they are insane or just to resolve this issue that occurs with only...one...stinking...game. Sigh, so frustrating.

First world problems I tell ya!
Microsoft support sure is hanging their hat on the "interference" thing. Like people don't have lives outside of their Xbox One. I love that it is their pat, "go to" answer for almost anything. That's one of the first things they want to blame in the controller disconnect issue. They want you to disable any other wireless devices. Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't they want your tablet or phone next to you for Smartglass? Some of these support personnel don't deserve the job that they have.

I know there is a good reason for wireless, for many...but for my money, wired is the only way to go. I am DMZ'd, and always have an "open" NAT. (both game and Xbox One/settings...sometimes you can have moderate or strict in settings, but still show open in COD-AW).

"Once you learn good English...Can't nobody take it away!"

Xbox LIVE Gamertag: KEVIN G 40

post #19004 of 19020 Old Today, 08:07 AM
AVS Special Member

It is the same go to answer for Comcast as well because it is in fact an issue in many homes. Again clearly some of you don't understand or for some reason can't accept wireless interference and the causes that can happen. We deal with this constantly and have had to prove to customers by showing them the difference in moving a modem from one room to another to finding out the neighbor next door is the cause of the interference.

We can accept a cell phone in persons pocket can lose strength to a Bluetooth in their ear but can't accept the possibility multiple and random homes and electronic devices in those homes can't cause a problem with controllers or wireless connections?
spid and Cravit8 like this.

The 5.0 is here
post #19005 of 19020 Old Today, 08:36 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
It is the same go to answer for Comcast as well because it is in fact an issue in many homes. Again clearly some of you don't understand or for some reason can't accept wireless interference and the causes that can happen. We deal with this constantly and have had to prove to customers by showing them the difference in moving a modem from one room to another to finding out the neighbor next door is the cause of the interference.

We can accept a cell phone in persons pocket can lose strength to a Bluetooth in their ear but can't accept the possibility multiple and random homes and electronic devices in those homes can't cause a problem with controllers or wireless connections?
Oh I believe it. I just think it's hogwash that it would impact downloading of one particular game. If it was widespread, sure. If it happened on apps and other games, sure. But when only one game is impacted I call BS on that excuse from MS. And I also don't think in 2015 you can, or should, expect folks to hardwire. Everything is going wireless and not making sure that works is ludicrous.
kevin g. likes this.

post #19006 of 19020 Old Today, 08:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Oh I believe it. I just think it's hogwash that it would impact downloading of one particular game. If it was widespread, sure. If it happened on apps and other games, sure. But when only one game is impacted I call BS on that excuse from MS. And I also don't think in 2015 you can, or should, expect folks to hardwire. Everything is going wireless and not making sure that works is ludicrous.
I call it bs for the one game issue as well for their response. Remind me again, for your situation you did say you removed the external and tried to download on the internal after restoring to default?

The 5.0 is here
post #19007 of 19020 Old Today, 09:08 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I call it bs for the one game issue as well for their response. Remind me again, for your situation you did say you removed the external and tried to download on the internal after restoring to default?
Yep, no dice. Saw your earlier recommendation on that and ran with it. Thanks for the suggestion. Side note, all of this deleting and reloading...man Comcast is gonna be angry with me. I've probably got 100 gbs this month already with all the deletes and reloads. HA!

I played some NBA15 yesterday. Oh, sorry, I mean ADIDAS 2015. Wow is the commercialization bad in that game. It literally starts with the Adidas symbol and then doubles down on it constantly. Annoying.

Cannot wait for the Witcher and ESO coming soon. Gonna be all RPG all the time!

post #19008 of 19020 Old Today, 10:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I can understand that it can, and does happen...but more often than not...it's not the underlying problem. Hanging your hat on it, and blaming the customer's setup is a completely different animal. This is pretty rampant, and it's a disservice to your customer base...(not yours, necessarily, I mean, whomever I'm dealing with, at the time). My ISP, Microsoft, Onkyo...they're all guilty.

Quote:

Agreed here, as well. This wireless spec for the controllers, (if they're gonna blame the wireless interference) should have been thoroughly tested, and not thrown out to the public for R&D. If the wireless interference is not the problem...then stop telling us it is, and just say: "we're not really sure...but we're working on it." That would appease me a hell of a lot more than some BS that your going to waste my time, and yours..."testing".

And don't tell me to wire it via micro USB 20 feet to my console/rack area....for a wireless controller!! (Microsoft)
JudgeSmails likes this.

post #19009 of 19020 Old Today, 10:20 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Anyone have any personal reviews on the hauppauge wintv-955q tuner? Should I wait for the official Xbox one Tuner in the US or is this a pretty good tuner? The reviews on new egg and amazon are meh, overheating issues etc.

Thanks in advance for your advice,
Todd
post #19010 of 19020 Old Today, 10:28 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin g. View Post
I love that it is their pat, "go to" answer for almost anything. That's one of the first things they want to blame in the controller disconnect issue.
To be fair, interference was the cause of my controller issues. Once I identified the cause I was able to relocate it and haven't had an issue since. However, I don't imagine this is JudgeSmails issue.

Curious to hear about his results when hard-wired.
kevin g. likes this.

Gamer Tag: Todd Stevens
post #19011 of 19020 Old Today, 10:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I can understand that it can, and does happen...but more often than not...it's not the underlying problem. Hanging your hat on it, and blaming the customer's setup is a completely different animal. This is pretty rampant, and it's a disservice to your customer base...(not yours, necessarily, I mean, whomever I'm dealing with, at the time). My ISP, Microsoft, Onkyo...they're all guilty.

Agreed here, as well. This wireless spec for the controllers, (if they're gonna blame the wireless interference) should have been thoroughly tested, and not thrown out to the public for R&D. If the wireless interference is not the problem...then stop telling us it is, and just say: "we're not really sure...but we're working on it." That would appease me a hell of a lot more than some BS that your going to waste my time, and yours..."testing".

And don't tell me to wire it via micro USB 20 feet to my console/rack area....for a wireless controller!! (Microsoft)
But what other testing are you expecting them to do? Especially something that isn't affecting every controller/home. I have 3 consoles and 7 controllers. I should have this same issue. Yet the only wireless device in my home that has an issue is my Apple TV when the microwave is in use.

The 5.0 is here
post #19012 of 19020 Old Today, 10:53 AM
AVS Special Member

My Xbox is in a corporate environment with some 30+ wifi devices, never had a controller disconnect. Though there is no microwave nearby. A controller'a could always have left the factory out of spec.

Is there a reason my advice for the DMZ was ignored? It's the easiest way to keep the network safe, and it's an on/off toggle.
rightintel likes this.

post #19013 of 19020 Old Today, 10:56 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd_us View Post
Anyone have any personal reviews on the hauppauge wintv-955q tuner? Should I wait for the official Xbox one Tuner in the US or is this a pretty good tuner? The reviews on new egg and amazon are meh, overheating issues etc.

Thanks in advance for your advice,
Todd
I'm using it and it works pretty well. I don't have any problems with it. But since the official one isn't out, I am unable to make a fair comparison...

"Live to Win!"
XBL: RandomNinjaAtk
www.stevenohare.com - Personal Blog
post #19014 of 19020 Old Today, 11:21 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1380 Post(s)
Liked: 929
Quote:

No need to do any of that if you have a decent router. With UPnP on in my Asus router my XBOnes, 360, and PS4 have no issues with open ports. I just turn them on and they are Open. I don't need to mess with opening any specific ports.

53TB unRAID2--38TB unRAID3--33TB unRAID1a
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #19015 of 19020 Old Today, 11:59 AM
AVS Special Member

I have actually had to use all three methods...UPNP on it's own did not do the trick, and with multiple 360's in the house...I am only able to get one to have an open NAT. (I don't have multiple Xbox One's, so that is outside of my experience).

post #19016 of 19020 Old Today, 12:18 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 123
Quote:
I have actually had to use all three methods...UPNP on it's own did not do the trick, and with multiple 360's in the house...I am only able to get one to have an open NAT. (I don't have multiple Xbox One's, so that is outside of my experience).
Sounds like you need a better router that supports UPNP, if you have multi consoles, you should only be using UPNP... Just for reference I've never had NAT issues and I've had 4+ consoles of each generation hooked up at the same time playing online....

My router is a Nighthawk R7000... Just saying, its probably your router that is the problem when it comes to NAT issues, replace it with a better one. Even the new Verizon AC router seems to suck (performance wise), from the little experience I've had with at my Parents house....
mboojigga likes this.

"Live to Win!"
XBL: RandomNinjaAtk
www.stevenohare.com - Personal Blog
post #19017 of 19020 Old Today, 12:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomNinjaAtk View Post
Sounds like you need a better router that supports UPNP, if you have multi consoles, you should only be using UPNP... Just for reference I've never had NAT issues and I've had 4+ consoles of each generation hooked up at the same time playing online....

My router is a Nighthawk R7000... Just saying, its probably your router that is the problem when it comes to NAT issues, replace it with a better one. Even the new Verizon AC router seems to suck (performance wise), from the little experience I've had with at my Parents house....
Got the same router 2 months ago.

The 5.0 is here
post #19018 of 19020 Old Today, 01:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
No need to do any of that if you have a decent router. With UPnP on in my Asus router my XBOnes, 360, and PS4 have no issues with open ports. I just turn them on and they are Open. I don't need to mess with opening any specific ports.

I am being hyper proactive about it. My router can do UPnP perfectly and I never had a NAT problem in the first place. I have an ASUS.

post #19019 of 19020 Old Today, 05:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:

True. I do the same thing, DMZ is usually the better option. I posted how to do it w/ an Apple router(doesn't use UPnP) in the connections fix thread.

Xbox Live: General PATT0N

Last edited by rightintel; Today at 05:28 PM.
post #19020 of 19020 Old Today, 05:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 193 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoWilliams84 View Post
Just can't really get into COD anymore, but man, they know how to put together a trailer.
If they do that ridiculous exo-suit stuff again, I'm out.

Xbox Live: General PATT0N
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Monoprice , Xbox One Console Day One Edition