The Official Xbox One thread... - Page 635 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 796Likes
post #19021 of 19036 Old 04-24-2015, 09:28 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Update on my saga! Sucked it up and contacted yet another agent. Hard-wired my connection and...NO IMPROVEMENT! Shocking! Well, only shocking if you were the crazy/lazy rep I spoke with yesterday. Anyway, while this is still a major pain some positives from today:

- While we did go through the standard reboot/reset steps today the agent today was clear in saying the issue is NOT with my wireless, ports, etc. Hardwired or wireless we checked my ping, ms delay, etc. Perfect both ways. Agent clearly said connection on my and ISP end was great. I liked his honesty. Agent also said that the port and interference excuses were BS. He was more politically correct but was clear in that those were lame excuses no one at MS believes.
- They had me remove my profile and change DNS to manual settings. DNS changes seemed to speed up downloads.
- To test overall validity of my system they had me uninstall and re install Pool FX. That worked fine proving yet again issue was limited to just Sunset.
- Agent believes problem is on their end with core file coming from their server. He had me delete and reinstall and that took FOREVER. Ironically he showed me link to XBOX status which said "re-downloading already purchased games is limited" (see https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status) . So even with 60 megs down it was taking close to 2 hours to reinstall a 20 gb game. Apparently XBOX LIVE itself is having issues with that (and it shows on web site saying the same).
- Agent waited while we waited 2 hours for Sunset to reload. Our hopes were up when it made it to 75% (previous highest was 72%). Our hopes were dashed when it then crashed and would not install further.

NEXT STEPS:
As it was late I had no desire to spend another 4 hours on chat with MS. Agent was nice but I think my wife and kids miss me. Agent really thinks the steps we took today on DNS changes and reloading profile will work once the "Live issues impacting all users trying to reinstall games is fixed". I told him I liked him but I had zero faith in that.

So, once the XBOX Live warning goes down I will try again. If that doesn't work I have a reference nbr to use to get XBOX Network Support involved.

Look on the bright side..a 4 hour chat with MS forced my wife to watch the Bruce Jenner special in another room.

Big Trouble in Little China - greatest film ever made

Gamertag: Team Banzai
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19022 of 19036 Old 04-25-2015, 07:07 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 682 Post(s)
Liked: 1572
I dunno if it's possible to DL straight to an external drive, but give that a shot if you can to rule out an issue with the HDD.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #19023 of 19036 Old 04-25-2015, 07:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Liked: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post
I dunno if it's possible to DL straight to an external drive, but give that a shot if you can to rule out an issue with the HDD.
I have my External drive set as the main drive, so it should be possible.

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
post #19024 of 19036 Old 04-25-2015, 10:43 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 97
And it's over!!!!! Resolved!!!

Ha, here's the deal. Got escalated to the Connectivity Department. Regular Support realized we hit a wall. During their review today they failed to see any issues. So we had two choices - 1) keep with support and spend more hours on a phantom solution or 2) delete the downloaded version of the game and move to disk based. I chose 2! Msoft is sending me replacement disk to use and I'll just load it from there and delete the 75% downloaded version on my hard drive. MS thinks there is some unknown issue with how my particular machine connects to the file server where Sunset pulls from. So we're just gonna scrap the download and go old school disk. Works for me.

Major pain but all worked out in the end. Learned a lot along the way. Happy with the resolution.
post #19025 of 19036 Old 04-25-2015, 10:54 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1389 Post(s)
Liked: 931
Quote:
Originally Posted by rightintel View Post
If they do that ridiculous exo-suit stuff again, I'm out.
That was one of the things I liked. It made it feel a little more like moving around in Titanfall.

53TB unRAID2--38TB unRAID3--33TB unRAID1a
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #19026 of 19036 Old 04-25-2015, 12:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
That was one of the things I liked. It made it feel a little more like moving around in Titanfall.
There is a lot of people who enjoy the added movement aspect of the game, but I just prefer the old-school stuff in COD. I figure the exo-suits are what games like Titanfall are for.

Xbox Live: General PATT0N
post #19027 of 19036 Old 04-25-2015, 03:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Liked: 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudgeSmails View Post
And it's over!!!!! Resolved!!!

So we had two choices - 1) keep with support and spend more hours on a phantom solution or 2) delete the downloaded version of the game and move to disk based. I chose 2! Msoft is sending me replacement disk to use and I'll just load it from there and delete the 75% downloaded version on my hard drive.

Major pain but all worked out in the end. Learned a lot along the way. Happy with the resolution.
So you haven't received the game disc yet, correct? wouldn't it be funny if the disc doesn't solve anything?
JudgeSmails likes this.
post #19028 of 19036 Old 04-25-2015, 09:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Liked: 1294
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudgeSmails View Post
So we're just gonna scrap the download and go old school disk. Works for me.
You probably realize this, but I believe once you load the game from disk to hard drive, you won't need the disk anymore because you own the digital copy.

Is that correct?
post #19029 of 19036 Old 04-25-2015, 10:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Liked: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverJ View Post
You probably realize this, but I believe once you load the game from disk to hard drive, you won't need the disk anymore because you own the digital copy.

Is that correct?
This is correct.

The 5.0 is here
post #19030 of 19036 Old 04-25-2015, 10:36 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by mboojigga View Post
This is correct.
Quote:

Is that correct?
No that is not correct, you still need the disk in the xbox to verify you own the digital copy on the hard drive. Now the game will play without spinning the disk as its playing off the hard drive.

Sony KDL-55 HX800
Marantz 1403
B&W 601's fronts , B&W CC6 Center and Athena micra rears
SVS PC12-NDS & Mirage Omni S10
post #19031 of 19036 Old 04-25-2015, 11:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Liked: 665
No, the digital purchase supersedes the disc. If you buy the game digitally, you don't need the disc other than installation.
post #19032 of 19036 Old 04-25-2015, 11:28 PM

Quote:

Is that correct?
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post
No, the digital purchase supersedes the disc. If you buy the game digitally, you don't need the disc other than installation.
onlysublime, you are correct in your post but they are not taking about digital purchases.

Sony KDL-55 HX800
Marantz 1403
post #19033 of 19036 Old 04-25-2015, 11:43 PM

Quote:

Is that correct?
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post
onlysublime, you are correct in your post but they are not taking about digital purchases.

I went back and read the original post and stand corrected. It will be interesting to see if his digital purchase is still valid with MS sending out a hard copy. I would think MS is smarter than giving away a game without revoking the digital purchase rights. If not load the game and sell it on craigslist or ebay.

Sony KDL-55 HX800
Marantz 1403
post #19034 of 19036 Old Yesterday, 06:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Liked: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_bling View Post

I went back and read the original post and stand corrected. It will be interesting to see if his digital purchase is still valid with MS sending out a hard copy. I would think MS is smarter than giving away a game without revoking the digital purchase rights. If not load the game and sell it on craigslist or ebay.

Not sure how you came to that conclusion but the digital copy will work without the disc because his purchase history shows he owns the digital copy. They are not going to revoke his legit purchase of the digital copy of the game. This is them trying to resolve a an issue with troubleshooting. If MS was really worried they would have told him install from disc and you have 10 days to send the disc back with a return address label. Plus they would have told him they would revoke his digital copy if that was the case.

The 5.0 is here

Last edited by mboojigga; Yesterday at 08:43 AM.
post #19035 of 19036 Old Today, 09:18 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_bling View Post

That's only a good idea if you don't think you'll ever want to delete and reinstall the game. If he sold the disk, he'd never be able to do that.

Xbox Gamertag/PSN ID: RemoWilliams84

"I started out with nothing, and I still got most of it." -Seasick Steve

post #19036 of 19036 Unread Today, 05:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 233 Post(s)
Liked: 230
I think that his digital ownership rights will still supersede that.

This is a touchy subject for me because the original and quickly deemed "evil" Xbox plan included this functionality automatically... well, sort of. Do not forget!

All of us could have theoretically purchased any brand new day1 games at a brick & mortar, or simply had it delivered, for an average savings of $20 per game (guaranteed $38 new releases for the next 2 years thanks to BestBuy!), and then unlocked them at home.

While this may not have ever worked in practice, no way to prove it now, it doesn't help the overall, long-term pain and defection induced by the other no games or features until 2016 (maybe) console. The $100 cheaper short-term mentality (not forced to buy Kinect), is all it took to screw this up.

In this case, MS simply said puck it, here's a guaranteed way to own the game forever dude.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Monoprice , Xbox One Console Day One Edition

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page