The Official Xbox One thread... - Page 640 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 823Likes

post #19171 of 19186 Old 05-31-2015, 05:25 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1674 Post(s)
Liked: 966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arutha_conDoin View Post
One thing I found last night is I was looking for a movie "The Voices" that had Ryan Reynolds, Gemma Arterton, and Anna Kendrick was not showing up on any movie rental apps. Yet when I went into Xbox Video I was able to find it and rent it. Fun and good movie!

Strange title. On Xbox One I can get it to come up as available to rent when I search VUDU, but not when searching Amazon. A Bing search does not come up with any results for the movie title. If I do a Roku Search for it's shown to be available from Amazon, VUDU, Blockbuster and CinemaNow; canistream.it shows it available to rent from Amazon, iTunes, Google Play and VUDU. (For some weird reason you can rent it in HD or SD from Amazon for 99 cents--says so on Roku and on their website; on all the other sites it's $3.99 for SD and more for HD).

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19172 of 19186 Old 06-01-2015, 07:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1 View Post
What's the lowest amount of Xbox Points you can buy ?

I have $9.51 left over in Xbox money that is expiring very soon. (expires tonite at midnight I think ) There's gotta be something I could get for $9.99, but I need another 50 cents in Allards.
You can make up the difference with your CC applied to your account. Just a caveat, though...I would remove the CC (if you have one enabled), rent the movie/game etc... with your points. It will then say you don't have enough, and to add another payment source. Add your CC back in, and it will email you the breakdown. I have had to do this many times with DLC, since apparently taxes are needed since they are on a true monetary system now...(I've had 15.00 in GC's for CODAW DLC, and had to add the tax on a CC.)

I don't normally keep a card associated with my account.

"Once you learn good English...Can't nobody take it away!"

Xbox LIVE Gamertag: KEVIN G 40

post #19173 of 19186 Old 06-01-2015, 08:01 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Love my Xbox One, have my sky box running through it and everything is integrated nicely. Love being able to use voice commands to mute and pause, use it much more than I thought I would!
post #19174 of 19186 Old 06-01-2015, 08:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked: 512
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin g. View Post
You can make up the difference with your CC applied to your account. Just a caveat, though...I would remove the CC (if you have one enabled), rent the movie/game etc... with your points. It will then say you don't have enough, and to add another payment source. Add your CC back in, and it will email you the breakdown. I have had to do this many times with DLC, since apparently taxes are needed since they are on a true monetary system now...(I've had 15.00 in GC's for CODAW DLC, and had to add the tax on a CC.)

I don't normally keep a card associated with my account.
I think this is still state to state on taxes. I don't get taxed on Live or Amazon.

The 5.0 is here
post #19175 of 19186 Old 06-01-2015, 11:17 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 1488 Post(s)
Liked: 962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1 View Post
If you had money that was Xbox points, and then was converted to real money, supposedly that money expires tonite at midnight pacific I guess...

I'm not sure how they get away with it legally, but whatever... I had $51.50 in there, and I bought Season 5 for the Walking Dead for like $42 or whatever it was...

I have like $9.51 left over and have no idea what I might spend it on...
Thanks.. I think I spent all that money. I still have the same amount in my account today that I did yesterday. So I guess I must have spent it at some point. I do remember getting a large credit from the tens of thousands of points I had. But I have also purchased a lot of games digitally for my XBOnes since then.

53TB unRAID2--38TB unRAID3--33TB unRAID1a
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #19176 of 19186 Old 06-01-2015, 02:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 253 Post(s)
Liked: 199
I finally got around to playing GTA V for the very first time, on the Xbox One.

Wow, I'm so glad I stayed in the dark on this game for so long. It's like a special treat coming out of nowhere. You gotta just appreciate all the love that Rockstar takes with their worlds. This recreation of modern day Los Angeles is spectacular. Easily the best open world realized that I have seen.

Hopefully Todd Howard and his boys can take the title back, but right now, Rockstar holds the belt. This open world is freaking fantastic, and the graphics look very outstanding.

I was playing GTA V in my theater room on a 126" screen. I got to one point in the game, where I walked Franklin to a busy intersection near his house, I put it in first person mode, and just left him standing by the intersection. It was night time, cars were driving by, people were walking by, etc, etc.... My 126" screen looked like a window into another world almost. It was really weird, because at that size, if you set GTA V to the first person mode, and you get really close to your screen, it's almost like the world on the screen is perfect sized for your real sized body, and it's kinda weird.

Anybody with a huge projector screen and GTA V should try this. It's almost like playing in VR or something. Seriously... I was standing like 3 feet away from my screen (way over to the right, so my body wasn't in the lightpath), and the dimensions of everything going on, on screen, was like realistically sized to myself standing there. It was like I could walk out into that world almost. People were walking by, and they were the same height as me, and the sound effects and everything. The positional audio. It makes it sound so good.

Man, I give Rockstar some huge props for this world that they created. I honestly probably won't end up playing the game all that much, cause it's just not my style of game, but I can't help but give the devs all the props in the world for this amazing open world playground that they created. It's a true masterpiece.
DaverJ, TonyDP and Arutha_conDoin like this.
post #19177 of 19186 Old 06-01-2015, 04:31 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Yeah--I've alway admired the GTA games. I tried one though and found that I don't particularly care to pretend to be a thug . Now, if I could be a police detective or something in one of their open worlds it'd be cool .
MilkManX likes this.

post #19178 of 19186 Old Yesterday, 01:39 AM

Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked: 82
GTA is a game I always buy. It's a very polished game with a funny story mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PSN: Artman22
Xbox live: Artman22
post #19179 of 19186 Old Yesterday, 10:17 AM

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott View Post
There doesn't seem to be a lot of rhyme or reason to how long it will be between release of a movie for sale and release for rent. Strange that neither Chappie or Jupiter Ascending are available for rent; they were both turkeys and I'd think that the studios would be trying to get what cash they could out of them . American Sniper is available to rent and that's suppose to be great. Not a Sci-Fi actioner like the two you mentioned though.

The Xbox Video app doesn't make it easy to find a list of movies that are available to rent. Try the VUDU or Amazon Video browsers; anything you find for rent on either of them should be available to rent from Xbox Video as well.
One of the reasons Dish Network purchased Blockbuster is because Blockbuster had negotiated a deal with all the movie studios to get exclusive rights to be able to rent movies 30 days before anyone else could. When a new movie would be released on Blu-ray, usually on a Tuesday, it would be for sale everywhere, but only available to be rented through Blockbuster. I don't use Dish Network so I don't know if they're offering the movies available to rent, but this is why new releases can't be rented immediately through most major film studios. Of course, as other movie studios grow, produce movies, and then release them to the public, some of these won't have a contract with the defunct Blockbuster, aka. Dish Network.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
post #19180 of 19186 Old Yesterday, 01:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 215 Post(s)
Liked: 158
Quote:
Yeah--I've alway admired the GTA games. I tried one though and found that I don't particularly care to pretend to be a thug . Now, if I could be a police detective or something in one of their open worlds it'd be cool .
They made one of those too...LA Noire, I think. GTA is easily one of the best series ever. I love that it makes fun of our arrogant society and most people playing it are too dumb to realize they are the butt of the joke.

Last edited by Nickff; Yesterday at 03:45 PM.
post #19181 of 19186 Old Yesterday, 03:44 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickff View Post
They made one of those too...LA Noire, I think. GTA is easily one of the best series ever. I love that is makes fun of our arrogant society and most people playing it are too dumb to realize they are the butt of the joke.

I play games as a relaxing fantasy outlet activity and being a violent criminal isn't among my fantasies. I tend not to play games in which I have to kill contemporary, non-zombified humans (though ancient or medieval humans don't bother me so much--I don't know why ), though there are some I've enjoyed. I do admire the GTA games for the artwork, design and engine; the gameplay is just not for me.

post #19182 of 19186 Old Yesterday, 03:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 215 Post(s)
Liked: 158
Quote:
I play games as a relaxing fantasy outlet activity and being a violent criminal isn't among my fantasies. I tend not to play games in which I have to kill contemporary, non-zombified humans (though ancient or medieval humans don't bother me so much--I don't know why ), though there are some I've enjoyed. I do admire the GTA games for the artwork, design and engine; the gameplay is just not for me.
I hear ya...just too funny and impressive to skip. The majority of the "iffy" stuff can be shunned while playing...just play the story missions.

The attention to detail is just so damn awe-inspiring.

----------

BTW, why is the new controller with its 3.5 mm jack getting so much attention?
post #19183 of 19186 Old Yesterday, 04:16 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickff View Post
BTW, why is the new controller with its 3.5 mm jack getting so much attention?
Because it's a feature that should have been included from the get go IMO.
post #19184 of 19186 Old Yesterday, 05:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Quote:
This pretty much encapsulates how I've felt about the GTA games: great technology but gameplay consisting of activities that often do not resonate with me. Having said that the last couple of GTA titles have definitely added some flexibility to the gameplay. Some missions will still require you to do questionable deeds but most of the time you are taking our or stealing from other other thugs, crooks and people of generally questionable character rather than innocent bystanders. GTA5 even lets you help random people in distress by stopping crimes on the street and returning belongings to bystanders. It won't win any civic awards but it does mix up the gameplay more than earlier games.
post #19185 of 19186 Old Yesterday, 05:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Same here. As a gamer, I completely respect its depth, but the story line just doesn't do it for me.

Xbox Live: General PATT0N
post #19186 of 19186 Old Today, 07:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 288 Post(s)
Liked: 277
Has anyone heard if the new controller will address the range issues or is the only difference in the headset connection?

I am moving soon and was hoping to use my Xb1 in two rooms, one on top of the other. The range problems have me less optimistic that will work.

My HTPC front end set up
Integration for whole home ATSC, CableCARD, FM radio, Blu-Ray, HD-DVD, DVD, VHS control & capture, video games, and archived & streaming media playback
Mironto's Panasonic plasma black level restoration guide
Restore the initial MLL on a 2009 Panasonic plasma
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Monoprice , Xbox One Console Day One Edition