The Official Xbox One thread... - Page 651 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 901Likes
post #19501 of 19528 Unread 06-26-2015, 06:31 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1638 Post(s)
Liked: 1005
I'm glad I don't need to deal with that stuff since i use digital downloads.

53TB unRAID2--38TB unRAID3--33TB unRAID1a
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19502 of 19528 Unread 06-26-2015, 06:48 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph10704 View Post
OK so i been haveing trouble installing batman arkham knight on my xbox one.
No joke this never happened to me EVER!!!!!! BUT IT JUST DID NOW.So i been trying to install batman arkham knight.I did everything in my power to try and get the install to work.Nothing ,so it keeps telling me game disc of dirty or damaged.So what did i do i had another xbox one game i did not install.i WANTED TO SEE IF IT WAS MY XBOX ONE OR NOT.SO i pop in sunset overdrive.AND GUESS WHAT THAT BITCH IS INSTALLING LIKE BUTTER.SO I KNOW THAT ITS NOT MY XBOX ONE IT'S THE DISC ITSELF.NO JOKE I NEVER BOUGHT A BRAND NEW XBOX GAME IN MY LIFE NEW AND HAD IT BROKEN ON ME OUT OF THE BOX IS THIS **** EVEN NORMAL SOMEONE PLEASE LET ME KNOW.THIS MIGHT BE REALLY REALLY REALLY RARE.

I turned off my internet went off line was told this would make the game load faster.DID NOT WORK.I then was told to uninstall the bluray app because this could cause some problems when installing you game disc.THIS DID NOT WORK.I even unpluged my xbox one i was thinking maybe this would help.DID NOT WORK!!!!!!!!!!

SO the thing is i been getting this error message all the time.When the disc would run it would run or should i say install till it got to 4% .And it would say this disc is dirty or could be damaged.I looked at the disc in the light and it is a brand new game.just bought it a few hour's ago.But it does have this little very little little light mark's on the disc almost like water mark's.It's hard to say.
Anyways i wanted to see if my xbox one disc drive was broken.I poped in a bluray disc.The movie worked.I said ok if the bluray disc movie is reading it's should not be my disc drive.I wanted to see if this was really for sur enot my disc drive.So i had a unopened copy NEVER INSTALLED game disc of yup SUNSET OVERDRIVE!!!!!! I HAD THIS GAME FOR A WHILE NEVER INSTALLED IT LMAO.So i poped that sucker in the game started to load up and install and it worked it installed with in like 25 to 30 min's or less 15 maybe.So i know that this is for sure THE BATMAN DISC IS MESSED UP.AND MY GUESS IS WITH ALL THIS CRAZY BS GOING ON WITH THE PS4 VERSION'S AND THE CRAP WITH THE PC RUNNING LIKE CRAP.I FEEL SOME USER'S LIKE ME GOT A MESSED UP XBOX ONE DISC OUT OF THE BOX.Anyway's if anyone else is haveing this problem let me know thank you.Hope this all helps.
I had this happen with the Witcher 3. Exchanged it at Best Buy and the new disc installed fine.
post #19503 of 19528 Unread 06-26-2015, 04:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 300 Post(s)
Liked: 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

But he (we) only paid about half price for the game, got to play it on day1, etc...at least I did....

Advantage physical I think?

Please don't mess this up for us old timers (30 something - lol); who also buy twice as many games thanks to the MAJOR savings with a MINOR amount of leg work (pushing a pre-order button online with an option to return it to the store before opening if it sucks)!
post #19504 of 19528 Unread 06-26-2015, 04:33 PM
AVS Special Member

A little late on this, can't believe there is not more buzz, but here goes...

Streaming Xbox One Games to any Windows 10 PC in the house RIGHT NOW in BETA mode is ****ing awesome!

They enabled the feature in W10 around E3 but I just got a chance to try it out this past week.

All you need is a PC loaded with the latest version of Windows 10 Preview and an Xbox One on the Preview Program.

Everything works great except for the fact that you will probably need a decent router and a wired controller connection which kinda sucks (I don't have a wireless XB1 adaptor, not yet).

All of this is FREE now. Better yet, everyone gets Windows 10 for free in about a month. WTF is MS thinking? I had plans to put an XB1 in every room just like last gen. Sure, a PC is required, but still.
post #19505 of 19528 Unread 06-26-2015, 04:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 208 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
So this
post #19506 of 19528 Unread 06-26-2015, 07:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampabuc View Post

Streaming Xbox One Games to any Windows 10 PC in the house RIGHT NOW in BETA mode is ****ing awesome!

They enabled the feature in W10 around E3 but I just got a chance to try it out this past week.

All you need is a PC loaded with the latest version of Windows 10 Preview and an Xbox One on the Preview Program.

Everything works great except for the fact that you will probably need a decent router and a wired controller connection which kinda sucks (I don't have a wireless XB1 adaptor, not yet).

All of this is FREE now. Better yet, everyone gets Windows 10 for free in about a month. WTF is MS thinking? I had plans to put an XB1 in every room just like last gen. Sure, a PC is required, but still.
I'm more excited over this feature than anything else. This is freaking amazing!
tampabuc likes this.
post #19507 of 19528 Unread 06-26-2015, 08:24 PM
AVS Special Member

No doubt!
Nice 1st impression here...

Last edited by tampabuc; 06-26-2015 at 08:50 PM.
post #19508 of 19528 Unread 06-26-2015, 08:37 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1729 Post(s)
Liked: 988
Quote:
Advantage physical I think?

Depends upon your priorities. I buy all of the games that I care to play as DDs (I probably have 30 major and minor titles on my Xbox One and more on my Xbox 360) and all I have to do to play one on my Xbox One is call out "Xbox, go to <game name>". To me, that convenience is worth more than the price of admission. And I buy plenty of DD titles when they're on sale for half-price or less.

I rarely play through a game when I first pick it up and by the time I've gotten around to and finished it the disc isn't worth crap in trade, so that was never a consideration for me.

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
post #19509 of 19528 Unread 06-26-2015, 09:10 PM
AVS Special Member

That's cool Michael, agree to disagree?

The convenience factor is awesome - agree there for sure.

Too many must have AAA day one games and exclusives since launch, 60+ games installed currently even after trade-ins, some digital, not all worth it of course in general, even at a discount, but not bad for the not so new console so far.

These past couple of "slow" months could have been a killer...Project Cars, Jurassic Park, Witcher3, Batman, etc. Worse yet, there are still about 20 good ones left this year... but almost half price helps!

None of this helps justify the really expensive stuff like RockBand, Lego Dimensions, Guitar Hero, etc., but on normal games, and overall, the savings really add up.

Last edited by tampabuc; 06-26-2015 at 09:47 PM.
post #19510 of 19528 Unread 06-27-2015, 01:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Liked: 271
Quote:

As sweet as this is going to be. Just imagine if you could stream your Steam library to your Xbox One from your PC. My line of thinking is if you can do it one way, surely you can do it the other way. As for the legal part of it. Screw that I'm just streaming in my own home from one PC to my Big Ass TV in the living room and using my Xbox 1 as the streaming device and not a Steam box that they are currently selling.

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
post #19511 of 19528 Unread 06-27-2015, 07:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 239 Post(s)
Liked: 1597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arutha_conDoin View Post
Just imagine if you could stream your Steam library to your Xbox One from your PC.
It's technically possible (and would be awesome), but Xbox would need to add mouse + keyboard support. Or come up with some sort of Xbox app that would only display Steam games that run 100% via controller.

Then there's this.

"My advice: don't spend money on therapy. Spend it in a record store." – Wim Wenders
post #19512 of 19528 Unread 06-27-2015, 07:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 220 Post(s)
Liked: 248
Well, if you get a cheap (Bay Trail or Cherry Trail, most likely) Windows 10 PC instead of Steam Link (which I'm assuming will run their custom form of Linux), then you would have the option of streaming games to the Xbox app from the console as well as installing Steam and streaming using its built-in capability too.

You'll pay a little more than Steam Link, but it would also be a full PC.

XBL/Steam: JHoff80
post #19513 of 19528 Unread 06-28-2015, 06:49 AM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
Liked: 242
Is it possible to download the games with gold while not having access to your xbox? I took advantage of a cheap gold card and didn't realize the process and instead of sending me the card they sent me a code. I activated it to make sure it worked. But, I won't be home for another 2 weeks or so.

Is it possible to initiate the purchase, like on PS+ website or app even if you don't download it, so it's registered with your account.

I was trying the other day to get what looked like the 2 games with gold for the xbone but it kept listing the price to buy them, or do I power through that button?

I'm new to the whole games with gold thing, I quit xbox systems before this started up, so no experience with the system.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

post #19514 of 19528 Unread 06-28-2015, 07:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrd View Post
Is it possible to download the games with gold while not having access to your xbox?
If you go to Xbox.com, log into your account that has Gold and under Xbox Live Gold across the banner at the top there will be Games With Gold in the drop down. You should see all corrected prices for these games with your Gold account, you can click "download to Xbox One" (or 360). At checkout during payment, it should say Free at the top, but you still need to purchase it for $0.00.

Are you not seeing this? Try it with current freebies -- check the price at the top of the payment confirmation page. If it's not working, maybe Gold isn't tied to your Microsoft account..?

EDIT: it might be worth "downloading" the 360 games too, because they might be backward compatible someday.

"My advice: don't spend money on therapy. Spend it in a record store." – Wim Wenders

Last edited by DaverJ; 06-28-2015 at 08:02 AM.
post #19515 of 19528 Unread 06-28-2015, 08:42 AM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

It's working now. The day I enabled the gold it was still showing the price of the games. Guess it needed some time to percolate.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

post #19516 of 19528 Unread 06-28-2015, 08:49 AM

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Got an Xbox One yesterday. Feel free to add me, gamer tag is in my signature.

PSN ID: javant86
Xbox Live: PikturePerfekt
post #19517 of 19528 Unread 06-28-2015, 10:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverJ View Post
If you go to Xbox.com, log into your account that has Gold and under Xbox Live Gold across the banner at the top there will be Games With Gold in the drop down. You should see all corrected prices for these games with your Gold account, you can click "download to Xbox One" (or 360). At checkout during payment, it should say Free at the top, but you still need to purchase it for $0.00.

Are you not seeing this? Try it with current freebies -- check the price at the top of the payment confirmation page. If it's not working, maybe Gold isn't tied to your Microsoft account..?

EDIT: it might be worth "downloading" the 360 games too, because they might be backward compatible someday.

Yeah, I've been trying to purchase Thief for free on xbox.com in case the 360 version is backward compatible at some point in time but the purchase won't go through because I don't have a credit card on file. Do all of you guys have a CC on file?

PSN:Lodolfan16
XBL: Lodolfan16
post #19518 of 19528 Unread 06-28-2015, 11:40 AM

Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamouflage View Post
Got an Xbox One yesterday. Feel free to add me, gamer tag is in my signature.
Just sent you an add from octavarium1. Welcome to the club.
post #19519 of 19528 Unread 06-28-2015, 12:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lodolfan View Post
Do all of you guys have a CC on file?
A few years ago Microsoft made me doubt trusting them with a credit card on file. So I linked my Paypal account to my Xbox Live account and it works fine - glad they give this option.

post #19520 of 19528 Unread 06-28-2015, 01:47 PM
Yrd
AVS Special Member

I won't tie payment forms of any kind to either system. It's money cards for me from here on out. Only the xbox side got hacked, but it soured me from the whole idea.
kevin g. likes this.

XBL Gamertag- Yrd
PSN - Yerd

Steam - Yrd

post #19521 of 19528 Unread 06-28-2015, 02:16 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1729 Post(s)
Liked: 988
I bought lots of 360 games that were either free with GwG or at a great sale price by purchasing them at Xbox.com with my system turned off then going in and taking them off my download queue due to limited disk space. I don't believe that I've done that with Xbox One games; I hadn't filled the 500GB system drive by the time I added a 4TB external. I'll be very surprised if I ever fill that up.

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
post #19522 of 19528 Unread 06-28-2015, 02:31 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott View Post
I bought lots of 360 games that were either free with GwG or at a great sale price by purchasing them at Xbox.com with my system turned off then going in and taking them off my download queue due to limited disk space. I don't believe that I've done that with Xbox One games; I hadn't filled the 500GB system drive by the time I added a 4TB external. I'll be very surprised if I ever fill that up.
I only wish I would have listened to you sooner when picking up these 4TB USB powered drives. They have been excellent with the XBOne. And will be a long time before they get filled. If ever.
post #19523 of 19528 Unread 06-28-2015, 03:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 208 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by lodolfan View Post
Yeah, I've been trying to purchase Thief for free on xbox.com in case the 360 version is backward compatible at some point in time but the purchase won't go through because I don't have a credit card on file. Do all of you guys have a CC on file?
360 games require a CC on file for "Free" games, through the webpage, (though this has not always been the case...this has only been for the last 6 months or so...) but you can download them direct from your console without having a CC on file. (Providing you can find the title, some are in odd places) I cannot get an answer from Microsoft on why...

Your Xbox One games (for some odd reason...) are exempt from the "No Valid Payment Option". You can go to Xbox.com, and select the GwG title for the month, and click Download to Xbox One...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrd View Post
I won't tie payment forms of any kind to either system. It's money cards for me from here on out. Only the xbox side got hacked, but it soured me from the whole idea.
I am not too worried about the "hack issue". I have more of an issue with Microsoft charging me for things I did not purchase...or putting me on "auto renewal" when I specifically removed it. (an issue that has occurred more than once or twice, for me...) they will never again get any of my personal CC info.

"Once you learn good English...Can't nobody take it away!"

Xbox LIVE Gamertag: KEVIN G 40

post #19524 of 19528 Unread 06-28-2015, 06:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin g. View Post
360 games require a CC on file for "Free" games, through the webpage, (though this has not always been the case...this has only been for the last 6 months or so...) but you can download them direct from your console without having a CC on file. (Providing you can find the title, some are in odd places) I cannot get an answer from Microsoft on why...

Your Xbox One games (for some odd reason...) are exempt from the "No Valid Payment Option". You can go to Xbox.com, and select the GwG title for the month, and click Download to Xbox One...

I am not too worried about the "hack issue". I have more of an issue with Microsoft charging me for things I did not purchase...or putting me on "auto renewal" when I specifically removed it. (an issue that has occurred more than once or twice, for me...) they will never again get any of my personal CC info.

Thanks kevin g.

That's my issue then. I no longer have a 360, only an XB1. Was thinking about at least queuing a purchase for probable future compatibility with the XB1. I'm not giving them my CC # so I guess it'll only be XB1 GWG games for me.

PSN:Lodolfan16
XBL: Lodolfan16
post #19525 of 19528 Unread Yesterday, 12:52 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin g. View Post

That's how I feel about Sony. But so far MS has not done anything to lose my trust.
post #19526 of 19528 Unread Yesterday, 01:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 203 Post(s)
Liked: 526
Same here my card has been on my account since purchases were available and have had no issues. Plus I have credit fraud protection if a problem comes up so I don't spend anytime worrying. I have been buying cards for Live. Use the card and u won't get a renewal even with card on file.
Arutha_conDoin likes this.

The 5.0 is here
post #19527 of 19528 Unread Yesterday, 02:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Liked: 743
The way CC transactions are handled have changed dramatically especially since they're merging everything into the Microsoft account so whether it's a purchase through the Microsoft Store, through the Windows Store, the Windows Phone Store, or the Xbox Store, it's the same system now. It's all been dramatically elevated on a professional scale since the early days. I remember how awful the online Microsoft Store used to be (seriously, who did they use for their billing). It could definitely be better but it's much better than the earlier 360 days.

So using experiences from 2009 is probably not the best thing.

And if you're worried, you can always use prepaid cards with no money on them. As long as it has a CC number and a good expiration date, you're good to go.
post #19528 of 19528 Unread Today, 04:02 AM

Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Liked: 84
I never had a problem with my credit card on the Xbox, but on Sony's side it's a different story. I only use PayPal for PSN. Plus I feel like Microsoft is a lot better with their security.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PSN: Artman22
Xbox live: Artman22
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Monoprice , Xbox One Console Day One Edition