The Official Xbox One thread... - Page 652 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 907Likes

post #19531 of 19541 Old Yesterday, 05:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 220 Post(s)
Liked: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post
The way CC transactions are handled have changed dramatically especially since they're merging everything into the Microsoft account so whether it's a purchase through the Microsoft Store, through the Windows Store, the Windows Phone Store, or the Xbox Store, it's the same system now. It's all been dramatically elevated on a professional scale since the early days. I remember how awful the online Microsoft Store used to be (seriously, who did they use for their billing). It could definitely be better but it's much better than the earlier 360 days.
Is Microsoft now actually managing the online store / MicrosoftStore.com? As recently as a year ago, that was still being outsourced to Digital River.

XBL/Steam: JHoff80
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19532 of 19541 Old Today, 04:45 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by spid View Post
Podcast Unlocked managed to score a sit down interview with Phil Spencer, Peter Moore, and Seamus Blackley, three former and current leaders of the Xbox team.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/07/...tories-secrets
This was a fantastic interview. Strongly encourage you to listen or watch it.

There are known issues with watching it on the IGN app. It might be fixed by now.
I opened it in IE and snapped that while playing Pool Fx. To get it to play in IE, I had to change the feed quality setting for some reason. If it doesn't play for you, try that.
post #19533 of 19541 Old Today, 05:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked: 523
ELEX, a new RPG was announced for the Xbox One.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/new.../1100-6428598/
post #19534 of 19541 Old Today, 04:20 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 516 Post(s)
Liked: 207
Hey I have a question for you guys. I'm expanding the HD space for the one and I'm curious if I should get something like a crucial ssd and fit it with a caddy or just buy an external powered HDD and go that route. One is obviously cheaper but I'm wondering if the load time benefit of the ssd is worth it. Also not sure if the HDD saturates USB 3.0 bandwidth so an SsD external would be a waste. Anyone have any input on this?

Always destroying exergy!
post #19535 of 19541 Old Today, 04:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampabuc View Post
A little late on this, can't believe there is not more buzz, but here goes...

Streaming Xbox One Games to any Windows 10 PC in the house RIGHT NOW in BETA mode is ****ing awesome!

They enabled the feature in W10 around E3 but I just got a chance to try it out this past week.

All you need is a PC loaded with the latest version of Windows 10 Preview and an Xbox One on the Preview Program.

Everything works great except for the fact that you will probably need a decent router and a wired controller connection which kinda sucks (I don't have a wireless XB1 adaptor, not yet).

All of this is FREE now. Better yet, everyone gets Windows 10 for free in about a month. WTF is MS thinking? I had plans to put an XB1 in every room just like last gen. Sure, a PC is required, but still.

I've been using the heck out of this lately. Even though I have two Xbox ones my son pretty much monopolize the TV these days. I have been able to play Xbox on my laptop while he watches his kid movies and it is great!
Arutha_conDoin likes this.

Xbox Live: IamVertigo
PSN: IamVertigo
post #19536 of 19541 Old Today, 04:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked: 322
So, I've never played The Evil Within. I've never rented it, checked it out in the XBOX Marketplace, etc. Yet, today, it's showing up in my "Ready To Install" list. I've checked my transaction history and it's not there. Very weird. The install shows that it's the full game at around 35GB. Hmmm.

For what it's worth, I turned my One on today for the first time in a few weeks and downloaded a 2GB system update. I'm also in the preview program. Anyone else have something like that happen?

PSN ID/XBOX Live! Gamertag: BiffCo
My SD/HD movie collection
post #19537 of 19541 Old Today, 06:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Liked: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Brad View Post
So, I've never played The Evil Within. I've never rented it, checked it out in the XBOX Marketplace, etc. Yet, today, it's showing up in my "Ready To Install" list. I've checked my transaction history and it's not there. Very weird. The install shows that it's the full game at around 35GB. Hmmm.

For what it's worth, I turned my One on today for the first time in a few weeks and downloaded a 2GB system update. I'm also in the preview program. Anyone else have something like that happen?
Yep, I got the same thing Brad. I thought maybe one of my kids ordered it by mistake with my account and checked my email for a purchase history and there was nothing there. I went ahead and installed it and it downloaded fine, but it will not run. I get a message that says please put in the disc, or switch to profile that bought the game. I have one other profile on mine that is a friends and he doesn't remember buying it either so looks like something glitched on MS's side. I'm most likely going to delete it off since it is taking 35GB of installed space now. It was a game I have been wanting to play, but not until it goes way cheap.

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
post #19538 of 19541 Old Today, 06:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked: 322
Thanks for the response. Sounds like a glitch. Who knows, it'll probably be on GWG in a year or so.
Arutha_conDoin likes this.
post #19539 of 19541 Old Today, 07:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Brad View Post
Thanks for the response. Sounds like a glitch. Who knows, it'll probably be on GWG in a year or so.
Assuming I do not pick it up on Steam on the Winter Sale and all the DLC for like $10

PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
-Ghanima Atreides
post #19540 of 19541 Old Today, 09:09 PM

Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked: 90
The Evil Within download is a bug that MS is looking into. You can read about it in the preview forums, but there's not much info other than that MS is aware that this game is being pushed out in error and they are working on a fix.

XBL: octavarium1/PSN:octavarium1970
post #19541 of 19541 Old Today, 09:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmorgan View Post
The Evil Within download is a bug that MS is looking into. You can read about it in the preview forums, but there's not much info other than that MS is aware that this game is being pushed out in error and they are working on a fix.
Hell the fix is just give us a key to play it
chmorgan likes this.

PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
-Ghanima Atreides
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Monoprice , Xbox One Console Day One Edition