The Official Xbox One thread... - Page 657 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 944Likes
post #19681 of 19710 Old 07-23-2015, 10:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 218 Post(s)
Liked: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by chmorgan View Post
Just curious here. Do you know it's the headset causing the disconnects? I never use headsets and get disconnects almost every time I game.

Maybe try a pair of cheap a$$ headsets with the new controller and see what happens other than the audio being horrible.

Also, if you're in the preview program, there is a specific selection for reporting controller disconnects. Maybe try beating that drum as well.
Can you point out where this is located? Is it in the Preview App? I would happily report every damned disconnect that I am experiencing, just to give them any info to actually repair the problem, and stop blaming our networks and media racks with metal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
The only thing I've noticed was that both my XBOnes had an update installed this week. And when it was finished the boxes were off instead of standby.(The Light on the Power Supply was Orange instead of the normal white)
I've experienced this on every update. I've never been able to say "Xbox On" after an update...

"Once you learn good English...Can't nobody take it away!"

Xbox LIVE Gamertag: KEVIN G 40

Last edited by kevin g.; 07-23-2015 at 10:46 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19682 of 19710 Old 07-23-2015, 12:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked: 94
[QUOTE=kevin g.;35976362]Can you point out where this is located? Is it in the Preview App? I would happily report every damned disconnect that I am experiencing, just to give them any info to actually repair the problem, and stop blaming our networks and media racks with metal.

If you hold down the home button, you'll get the screen that pops up and asks if you want to shut down your console or controller. On the right side of that screen click on the report a problem button and it will walk you thru the steps.
kevin g. likes this.
post #19683 of 19710 Old 07-23-2015, 04:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked: 529
The Dwarves announced for the Xbox One.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/07/...box-one-ps4-pc

Arutha_conDoin likes this.
post #19684 of 19710 Old 07-23-2015, 04:32 PM

Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by chmorgan View Post
Just curious here. Do you know it's the headset causing the disconnects? I never use headsets and get disconnects almost every time I game.

Maybe try a pair of cheap a$$ headsets with the new controller and see what happens other than the audio being horrible.

Also, if you're in the preview program, there is a specific selection for reporting controller disconnects. Maybe try beating that drum as well.

They only disconnect when using the Astros. If I use any other headset like the Sony golds it doesn't disconnects. But, the Sony golds aren't wireless on the Xbox so I use those wired. I'm thinking if anyone experiences this with turtle beaches? Also, I notice that in order to stop the disconnects for a while I have to do a hard reset and then it will be ok for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PSN: Artman22
Xbox live: Artman22
post #19685 of 19710 Old 07-23-2015, 05:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 255 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artman22 View Post
They only disconnect when using the Astros. If I use any other headset like the Sony golds it doesn't disconnects. But, the Sony golds aren't wireless on the Xbox so I use those wired. I'm thinking if anyone experiences this with turtle beaches? Also, I notice that in order to stop the disconnects for a while I have to do a hard reset and then it will be ok for a while.

I don't know if this will help you, but I think the headsets have their own proprietary signal. On my mac it shows all the available networks, and occasionally I see "Turtle Beach Proprietary" show up(I also get the disconnects).

Xbox Live: General PATT0N
post #19686 of 19710 Old 07-23-2015, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightintel View Post
I don't know if this will help you, but I think the headsets have their own proprietary signal. On my mac it shows all the available networks, and occasionally I see "Turtle Beach Proprietary" show up(I also get the disconnects).

Still don't understand why MS didn't go Bluetooth with their controllers. Almost 2 years in and still having these issues. Unbelievable....

post #19687 of 19710 Old 07-24-2015, 03:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked: 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artman22 View Post
I use a set of Turtle Beach PX4's from time to time, which are wireless except for the chat cable going to the One controller. I've luckily never had a controller disconnect, with or without the use of a headset, so I'm not sure that my experience applies here. I am in the preview program if that makes any difference.

While we are on the topic of headsets and such, does anyone find the overall chat volume very low? Compared to the PS4 and even the 360, the chat volume just isn't loud enough most of the time. This is mitigated when using the PX4's as they have an auto chat volume function, but when using the included headset or the PS4 headset, the volume is low. I've maxed out every chat volume setting I can find and I still have the same issue.

PSN ID/XBOX Live! Gamertag: BiffCo
My SD/HD movie collection
post #19688 of 19710 Old 07-24-2015, 06:09 AM

The Official Xbox One thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Brad View Post
I use a set of Turtle Beach PX4's from time to time, which are wireless except for the chat cable going to the One controller. I've luckily never had a controller disconnect, with or without the use of a headset, so I'm not sure that my experience applies here. I am in the preview program if that makes any difference.

While we are on the topic of headsets and such, does anyone find the overall chat volume very low? Compared to the PS4 and even the 360, the chat volume just isn't loud enough most of the time. This is mitigated when using the PX4's as they have an auto chat volume function, but when using the included headset or the PS4 headset, the volume is low. I've maxed out every chat volume setting I can find and I still have the same issue.

Yea.. When trying to chat on the Xbox it does sound low when using the Astros but not so much with the included mono Xbox headset. I don't have this problem on the ps4. I wonder if there's compatibility issues with these headsets and Xbox that still hasn't been fixed?

post #19689 of 19710 Old 07-24-2015, 07:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 222
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Brad View Post
While we are on the topic of headsets and such, does anyone find the overall chat volume very low? Compared to the PS4 and even the 360, the chat volume just isn't loud enough most of the time.
I kinda understand what you mean. The chat volume is loud enough and I can hear people clearly when they have their mikes placed correctly, no problem. However the max volume does seem lower than what I remember of the 360. It's as if they are on some mission not to have people go deaf lol. If I compare this to my Turtle Beach's on my PC the Xbox One volume gets nowhere near as loud as those. Fortunately for me the Xbox One's chat volume, close to max, is a comfortable setting for me. But if I were losing my hearing I'd definitely be SOL as there seems no way to increase the volume. And I'm willing to bet the age group just about 10-20 years younger than me will be/are having some serious issues with hearing loss as that seems to be the iPad age group where they were/are blasting that portable audio non-stop and loud as hell. I know we had the Walkman back in the day but it's use wasn't as heavy as I see with people with these new devices these days and the past 15 or so years, maybe longer.
kevin g. likes this.

AT HAMMOND ROBOTICS WE'RE BRINGING THE FUTURE ... HOME
post #19690 of 19710 Old 07-24-2015, 09:56 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 756 Post(s)
Liked: 1604
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
Apparently keyboard and mouse support is on the way. My guess? Games will have to specifically opt-in to keyboard and mouse to keep the playing field level.

https://twitter.com/XboxP3/status/623516307137269760

They kinda have to add KB/mouse support if they're going to let excel run on an Xbox like they said it would.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #19691 of 19710 Old 07-24-2015, 10:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 276 Post(s)
Liked: 745
I think the Xbox One chat is remarkably clear and even bordering on being overly senstive. Even with the default free mic.

In the 360 days, I never heard chip bags crinkle as people grab chips. I never heard crunching chips. I never heard people swallow drinks. I never heard fidgeting noise in leather and wondering whether they farted. I never heard the buttons on the controller being pushed.

When I go to the adjacent bathroom, I now am cognizant about muting the mic so that people don't hear the flushing. I didn't have to mute the mic on the 360 except when I used the TB's. With the default 360 mic, I always had to remember to "eat the mic" so that people would hear me.
post #19692 of 19710 Old 07-24-2015, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post
I think the Xbox One chat is remarkably clear and even bordering on being overly senstive. Even with the default free mic.

In the 360 days, I never heard chip bags crinkle as people grab chips. I never heard crunching chips. I never heard people swallow drinks. I never heard fidgeting noise in leather and wondering whether they farted. I never heard the buttons on the controller being pushed.

When I go to the adjacent bathroom, I now am cognizant about muting the mic so that people don't hear the flushing. I didn't have to mute the mic on the 360 except when I used the TB's. With the default 360 mic, I always had to remember to "eat the mic" so that people would hear me.

I agree to an extent, but I do remember people smashing buttons on the 360. It just all depends on what game. In fight night I always remember people smashing buttons lol.

post #19693 of 19710 Old 07-24-2015, 02:33 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1753 Post(s)
Liked: 1033
And you could definitely hear when someone was in the bathroom with the 360. I had to make sure I always had it on mute, when I went to the bathroom while in chat with my 360.

53TB unRAID2--38TB unRAID3--33TB unRAID1a
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #19694 of 19710 Old 07-24-2015, 03:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Well on my TB's on either system I have to remember to use the mute. But with the default headsets that come with the system the One version will pick up everything whereas the 360 I had to eat the mic.

And even with the tb's, it still picks up more with the One than the 360. Or at least it's cleaner sound so that u could make it out.
post #19695 of 19710 Old 07-24-2015, 05:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 970 Post(s)
Liked: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbburns View Post
Everyday since Sunday. I was wondering if it was the preview program or the latest update to Witcher 3 since that is all that I've been playing lately. Sunday was the first day that I noticed it. I called Xbox, and they had me do a hard turn-off of the Xbox One and turn my router off and unplug it for five minutes. He also suggested that I unplug my Xbox 360 since that could be competing for resources. Never had a problem before.

When it happened again on Monday, I just did a hard reboot of the One, and that fixed it, so that is my easier solution for now, but what a pain in the ass. Hope they fix it soon.

Is there a benefit to being in that beta testing program ? Cause otherwise some of these problems seem like an experiment in enjoying misery.

I have only participated in such programs when I was actively helping move software ahead in development. Console just doesn't seem like a thing any reasonable person would want tier gaming box to be tied down to. At least with PC software multiple apps can be installed and easily rolled back to.

PSN: Cravit8
XBL: oOo_Crav_oOo
post #19696 of 19710 Old 07-24-2015, 05:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravit8 View Post
Is there a benefit to being in that beta testing program ? Cause otherwise some of these problems seem like an experiment in enjoying misery.

I have only participated in such programs when I was actively helping move software ahead in development. Console just doesn't seem like a thing any reasonable person would want tier gaming box to be tied down to. At least with PC software multiple apps can be installed and easily rolled back to.
No, no real benefit other than early access to new features. I didn't want to wait until the end of the year to try out the backwards compatibility feature.

I think they may have fixed the kicking you off of Live problem. I was kicked off this morning after playing Witcher 3, but I played it again for a few hours this afternoon, and I was still connected to Live when I stopped playing it. I'm still connected to Live while watching TV. The Xbox has been on for a good six hours now.

Xbox/PS/WiiU gamertag: GoNats
Apple Game Center: iGoNats

post #19697 of 19710 Old 07-24-2015, 05:15 PM

Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbburns View Post
No, no real benefit other than early access to new features. I didn't want to wait until the end of the year to try out the backwards compatibility feature.

I think they may have fixed the kicking you off of Live problem. I was kicked off this morning after playing Witcher 3, but I played it again for a few hours this afternoon, and I was still connected to Live when I stopped playing it. I'm still connected to Live while watching TV. The Xbox has been on for a good six hours now.
It's still not fixed for me. I just finished an hour gaming session with the Witcher 3 and had gotten the boot.

To be fair, this is the only real problem I've encountered while being in the preview program. I think it's great to be able to offer feedback and to be involved in the process of cultivating new features.
post #19698 of 19710 Old 07-24-2015, 06:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Same here. I use the TB 500X Stealth, and I hear all the ambient noise/everything the people in my party are doing at their home(and yes, unfortunately, the farting).

post #19699 of 19710 Old Yesterday, 12:57 AM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Morning / evening all

Quick question , when the Xbox one goes to full backwards compatibility will I be able to play "live " with people on the 360 ?

Cheers
post #19700 of 19710 Old Yesterday, 06:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Well there were a few early on. One example is the EA Access program. Those on the Preview got access to that service before the general public.
Arutha_conDoin and Cravit8 like this.

post #19701 of 19710 Old Yesterday, 07:07 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1786 Post(s)
Liked: 1008
Quote:

There's also the fact that we who are in the preview have very early access to the new 360 backward compatibility feature, due to go live for everyone in the Fall. I've been playing the original Mass Effect on Xbox One.

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill

Last edited by michaeltscott; Yesterday at 12:42 PM.
post #19702 of 19710 Old Yesterday, 12:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signs View Post
Morning / evening all

Quick question , when the Xbox one goes to full backwards compatibility will I be able to play "live " with people on the 360 ?

Cheers
Yes. the compatibility is pretty amazing. the only thing not compatible are USB peripherals. and I would assume 360 wireless devices as well including the wireless controllers, wireless chat headset, the wireless racing wheel, etc.
post #19703 of 19710 Old Yesterday, 01:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Yes. the compatibility is pretty amazing. the only thing not compatible are USB peripherals. and I would assume 360 wireless devices as well including the wireless controllers, wireless chat headset, the wireless racing wheel, etc.
No doubt. I'm more of an Apple guy, but you have to give MS credit. That compatibility is nothing short of phenomenal.

post #19704 of 19710 Old Yesterday, 01:23 PM

Quote:
So I will be able to play with them ,but not chat ? ( thanks for the reply btw )
post #19705 of 19710 Old Yesterday, 01:38 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1786 Post(s)
Liked: 1008
Quote:
So I will be able to play with them ,but not chat ? ( thanks for the reply btw )

If you can play with people on the 360 I'd expect that you could chat with them using your Xbox One headsets or Kinect. Of course I could be wrong .

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
post #19706 of 19710 Old Yesterday, 01:53 PM

Let me explain , we recently had a break in and the thieving scum stoll all my av gear including the 360 out of the cinema room ( weirdly they left the the Xbox one in the lounge !) so I was toying with not replacing the 360 and just getting another Xbox one for the cinema room as I have some really good friends on the 360 :-)
post #19707 of 19710 Old Yesterday, 01:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
You can't use the wireless chat headset or any other 360 peripherals:

I'm not sure whether it's been clarified whether chat is enabled. Someone test that out? Last time I used the emulator, I played some games but didn't do any chatting.

I wouldn't mind doing a quick chat session to see if it works.
post #19708 of 19710 Unread Today, 08:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 218 Post(s)
Liked: 116
I know they enabled cross-plat voice communication, a couple months back, so the tech is there. I haven't used it between the One and the 360, though...

"Once you learn good English...Can't nobody take it away!"

Xbox LIVE Gamertag: KEVIN G 40

post #19709 of 19710 Unread Today, 12:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Let me explain , we recently had a break in and the thieving scum stoll all my av gear including the 360 out of the cinema room ( weirdly they left the the Xbox one in the lounge !) so I was toying with not replacing the 360 and just getting another Xbox one for the cinema room as I have some really good friends on the 360 :-)
Took the 360 and left the One? lol
That reminds me of back in the day (late 80's mid 90's) thieves used to call themselves stealing "computers" when all they did was take the monitor and left the actual computer behind. LMAO
I remember guys on the street trying to sell "computers" and all they got is the monitor. I started to tell them their idiots but then thought to myself why educate them on the next break-in.

post #19710 of 19710 Unread Today, 01:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Liked: 252
My understanding is actually that right now 360 games using Backwards Compatibility only are Xbox One to Xbox One multiplayer. That should change when it comes out of testing though.

XBL/Steam: JHoff80
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Monoprice , Xbox One Console Day One Edition

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page