The Official Xbox One thread... - Page 668 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 1048Likes

post #20011 of 20023 Old Today, 08:31 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 791 Post(s)
Liked: 1618
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverJ View Post
Thanks - the fact that the bumpers are updated and stick feels different (maybe) makes me hopeful that the drift problem has been addressed with this redesign.

Yeah, I'm not sure about the sticks because I don't have another one to compare to and the X1 sticks have always been loose, but at least they didn't feel weird like the 360 sticks. But the bumpers now feel a lot more like the 360 bumpers instead of mouse click buttons. So they solved the one thing I hated most about it. Other than the improved sticks I still feel like this thing is a step backwards in every other way from the 360 controller, but it's at least tolerable now.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #20012 of 20023 Old Today, 09:19 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1948 Post(s)
Liked: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post
Yeah, I'm not sure about the sticks because I don't have another one to compare to and the X1 sticks have always been loose, but at least they didn't feel weird like the 360 sticks. But the bumpers now feel a lot more like the 360 bumpers instead of mouse click buttons. So they solved the one thing I hated most about it. Other than the improved sticks I still feel like this thing is a step backwards in every other way from the 360 controller, but it's at least tolerable now.
That sounds like a step backwards. I like the buttons on the XBOne controller much better than the 360.
post #20013 of 20023 Old Today, 09:45 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 791 Post(s)
Liked: 1618
Even the bumpers?

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #20014 of 20023 Old Today, 09:55 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post
Even the bumpers?
Especially the bumpers. The few times I've played something on my 360, it just doesn't feel right any more with that old controller. For me, everything with the new controller feels better, more comfortable, and easier to use. Well I guess except for the quick battery replacement with the 360 controller.
post #20015 of 20023 Old Today, 10:18 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1njin View Post
If somebody were to buy a Xbox One at this point, would you guys pretty much recommend holding out for a Elite?
I would definitely hold out for an elite, IMO. Matte console, 1TB SSHD, and elite controller…I want one. Thinking of selling mine at the moment and picking one up in November. I don’t know though. I doubt I could sell my console for much at the moment, and I did pay $500 for it last year with Kinect. I guess in my head it’s easier to justify spending $500 on a console, as opposed to $150 for a controller.

And I’ll agree with bd2003 that the XB1 bumpers are junk, although I do not have a newer controller revision with the updated 3.5mm input. I also like the 360 gamepad better than XB1. Something I’ve never cared for are the rounded buttons on Xbox controllers. Make the tops flat like Playstation controllers and I’d like them a whole lot better.
post #20016 of 20023 Old Today, 10:26 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 39
I'd love to know if the new Elite version also comes w/ a die shrink for less power demand and less heat.
post #20017 of 20023 Old Today, 12:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 541 Post(s)
Liked: 355
isnt it just the same console with a unique controller? Dont believe internals are changed save for the hybrid drive

PSN & XBL: Epyon415
Twitch.tv: http://www.twitch.tv/epyon415
Twitter: @gundumgaming
YouTube Gameplay Videos
post #20018 of 20023 Old Today, 12:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 39
MS (or Sony for that matter) never announce internal system changes. It would make unloading old stock difficult for them. usually we discover the change w/ a unit that draws less power.

Anybody remember looking through the peephole on the old 360 boxes looking for a Falcon board? Ah the good old days ...
post #20019 of 20023 Old Today, 12:26 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
MS (or Sony for that matter) never announce internal system changes. It would make unloading old stock difficult for them. usually we discover the change w/ a unit that draws less power.

Anybody remember looking through the peephole on the old 360 boxes looking for a Falcon board? Ah the good old days ...

Haha yeah I also remember checking to see which OG Xbox would have a Samsung disc drive. Ended up buying one from circuit city...dang that seems like forever ago.
post #20020 of 20023 Old Today, 12:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 319 Post(s)
Liked: 785
The One controller is better than the 360 controller in every single way other than the bumpers. Just the huge jump in battery life is a major win. The triggers are fantastic especially for the games that use the rumble. The sticks don't wear like the rubber on the 360 sticks. The dpad actually works decently. And the overall shape is nicer. The 360 controller feels so foreign now.
DaverJ likes this.
post #20021 of 20023 Old Today, 01:15 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post
The One controller is better than the 360 controller in every single way other than the bumpers. Just the huge jump in battery life is a major win. The triggers are fantastic especially for the games that use the rumble. The sticks don't wear like the rubber on the 360 sticks. The dpad actually works decently. And the overall shape is nicer. The 360 controller feels so foreign now.
What is the complaint about the bumpers? I like that i don't need to press them in very far to get a response.

53TB unRAID2--38TB unRAID3--33TB unRAID1a
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #20022 of 20023 Old Today, 01:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 272 Post(s)
Liked: 1915
Quote:
If somebody were to buy a Xbox One at this point, would you guys pretty much recommend holding out for a Elite?
If you can wait and don't mind $500, yes - hold out for the Elite.

The controller looks like quality hardware, and the updated hard drive is minor but a nice addition IMO. Would love to trade in my Day One package w/ Kinect for the Elite package.

"My advice: don't spend money on therapy. Spend it in a record store." – Wim Wenders
post #20023 of 20023 Old Today, 02:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 319 Post(s)
Liked: 785
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
What is the complaint about the bumpers? I like that i don't need to press them in very far to get a response.
well, if you're used to pressing the bumper the way you press the 360 bumper, it throws you off.

And I have 3 one controllers. On two of the controllers, the bumpers are easy to hit either way. On the third controller, I have to hit it the way you're supposed to hit the One bumpers (from beneath without moving your fingers off the trigger).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Monoprice , Xbox One Console Day One Edition

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page