The Official Xbox One thread... - Page 676 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
 1741Likes

Old 10-05-2015, 08:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 577 Post(s)
Liked: 809
Sh*t the bed I got the update. Downloading 1.1GB

The 5.0 is here
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2015, 09:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 732 Post(s)
Liked: 1178
Quote:
Originally Posted by mboojigga View Post
Sh*t the bed I got the update. Downloading 1.1GB
Well, my Halo console is almost here. So if the Windows 10 dash is all flaky, I only have to wait a week or so before I'm back to the normal Win8 dash.

I'll end up being like my Surface machines. 8.1 on my main machine. 10 on my backup machine to experiment with.
Old 10-05-2015, 11:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Playing around with the Windows 10 dash...

Maybe I need to reboot (haven't yet) but the Kinect sign-in doesn't seem to work anymore. And when I go to the Kinect settings, I see a "Guest" above my head instead of my gamertag. Before, if that happened, I could choose the "Kinect doesn't see me and it remaps me". But now when I choose the "I moved my Kinect sensor or I'm having trouble with Kinect" I see the floor routine and the audio calibration. But there's no longer the tilt calibration and it never identifies me. Hopefully rebooting fixes it.

Seeing that new OneGuide is pretty cool! Love how the OTA shows are populating the page too!

Scrolling in the Community sucks.

I assume when I select something and I'm dumped back to the Home page is it's because some crashed.

Some settings take time to stick. My color in my Windows 8 dash was blue. I switched it to green. But it stayed blue. Eventually it turned green. Love to see the avatar animation again! Going to record some green screen animations so I can use them for YouTube videos again. Though I don't see a way to change the avatar animation. I didn't see it in the Windows 10 apps either. Currently, the only way to switch to a different avatar animation is to boot your 360 and change it there.

It's funny that they made the restart console option so easy to get to now. No more having to dig through the settings to restart a console. Probably will eliminate the need to hold down the power button to turn off and cold boot too.

Okay, restarting didn't fix the Kinect log-in problem.

Moving pins is messed up. After moving a pin, it puts me at the Community tab. Also, now I have to readjust all my pins because the origin is now on the left instead of the right like with the Windows 8 dash.

Last edited by onlysublime; 10-06-2015 at 12:05 AM.
Old 10-06-2015, 07:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 577 Post(s)
Liked: 809
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post
Playing around with the Windows 10 dash...

Maybe I need to reboot (haven't yet) but the Kinect sign-in doesn't seem to work anymore. And when I go to the Kinect settings, I see a "Guest" above my head instead of my gamertag. Before, if that happened, I could choose the "Kinect doesn't see me and it remaps me". But now when I choose the "I moved my Kinect sensor or I'm having trouble with Kinect" I see the floor routine and the audio calibration. But there's no longer the tilt calibration and it never identifies me. Hopefully rebooting fixes it.

Seeing that new OneGuide is pretty cool! Love how the OTA shows are populating the page too!

Scrolling in the Community sucks.

I assume when I select something and I'm dumped back to the Home page is it's because some crashed.

Some settings take time to stick. My color in my Windows 8 dash was blue. I switched it to green. But it stayed blue. Eventually it turned green. Love to see the avatar animation again! Going to record some green screen animations so I can use them for YouTube videos again. Though I don't see a way to change the avatar animation. I didn't see it in the Windows 10 apps either. Currently, the only way to switch to a different avatar animation is to boot your 360 and change it there.

It's funny that they made the restart console option so easy to get to now. No more having to dig through the settings to restart a console. Probably will eliminate the need to hold down the power button to turn off and cold boot too.

Okay, restarting didn't fix the Kinect log-in problem.

Moving pins is messed up. After moving a pin, it puts me at the Community tab. Also, now I have to readjust all my pins because the origin is now on the left instead of the right like with the Windows 8 dash.
Sign in is working for me but I had to standup closer for it to recognize me. I verified the pin move problem as well. The only other problem I had was signing into my EA profile on NBA Live 16 after the update.

The 5.0 is here
Old 10-06-2015, 07:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 868 Post(s)
Liked: 726
Looks like i got it as well. Updating now.
Old 10-06-2015, 09:42 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 136
Got it last night. Download and install took around an hour even though I have very fast home connection. It's...different. Definitely faster but very different. It does remind me of the XBOX App on Windows 10 PCs. It was late so I didn't get to play around that much. I was pleasantly surprised by all the TV and One Guide changes. Glad to see that whole flow getting an overhaul and some love. Color and design wise it seems pretty spartan. I did watch the mini-video on controller shortcuts. Those seem like nice improvements and mandatory to get most from the redesign. I did have some tiles and buttons not react to pushes.

Big Trouble in Little China - greatest film ever made

Gamertag: Team Banzai
Old 10-06-2015, 10:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 527 Post(s)
Liked: 486
No problems with Kinect seeing me. I did end up redoing the audio calibration on it. Tv app does not always start by going big. Well manually need the controller to turn too full screen.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
Old 10-06-2015, 10:57 AM
AVS Special Member

I got around the Kinect sign in problem. I signed out. Went to the preview dashboard app. It asked for me to log in. Instead of just choosing my profile, I selected, "It didn't recognize me." and now it works. at the kinect screen, it shows my gamertag above my head.
Arutha_conDoin likes this.
Old 10-06-2015, 11:51 AM
UHD Addict

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 4747 Post(s)
Liked: 2804
I haven't turned on my XBOnes in a while because of Carpel Tunnel issues. I guess I need to turn them on and see if I have the update.

I'm hoping to be able to play the Battlefront beta. But the last time I tried to use the controller I could not hold it up for more than a few minutes. My arms/hands feel better now, but not back to normal yet.
Old 10-06-2015, 12:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 527 Post(s)
Liked: 486
Sorry to hear the news @aaronwt . Hopefully you get a chance to play the beta and you start feeling better soon

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
Old 10-06-2015, 02:46 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 353 Post(s)
Liked: 170
Is it too late to opt in? lol

PSN: Artman22
Xbox live: Artman22
Old 10-07-2015, 06:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Liked: 124
I got the update yesterday.
Old 10-07-2015, 08:14 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Has anyone changed their mind and tried to opt back out of getting the dashboard upgrade after initially opting in?

I saw at least one report yesterday that someone wasn't able play Rock Band 4 with the new dashboard update. Since I am getting my RB4 today, I decided that I would opt back out, and there is a option in the Preview app to do so but even though it says you can change this option, I am not able to, it does nothing when you click on this drop down field.
Old 10-07-2015, 08:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin803 View Post
Has anyone changed their mind and tried to opt back out of getting the dashboard upgrade after initially opting in?

I saw at least one report yesterday that someone wasn't able play Rock Band 4 with the new dashboard update. Since I am getting my RB4 today, I decided that I would opt back out, and there is a option in the Preview app to do so but even though it says you can change this option, I am not able to, it does nothing when you click on this drop down field.
A friend of mine had the wireless adapter in the XBO completely fail after updating to the new dash. As in the hardware failure error. Reset back to the old dash, works fine. I personally use wired so this probably wouldn't be an issue for me, but man, the bugs in this release seem to be a little obnoxious. I think I'll just wait for the full release in Nov.

Marafice Eye <--- All gamertags listed there - Twitch TV Channel YouTube Channel
__________________________________________________ _
Old 10-07-2015, 09:29 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2552 Post(s)
Liked: 1353
You can't use any wired controllers with RB4 on Xbone other than mics. I think that I need to opt back out of the update myself since I started playing RB4 yesterday.

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
Old 10-07-2015, 10:05 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott View Post
You can't use any wired controllers with RB4 on Xbone other than mics. I think that I need to opt back out of the update myself since I started playing RB4 yesterday.
I would be interested to know if you are able to opt out. Like I mentioned above, I see the option to do so but the drop-down field where you should be able to change the status won't let me.
Old 10-07-2015, 10:10 AM
UHD Addict

I got the update on both of my XBOnes this morning. Boy they are both slow as molasses now. When I opened up Forza 5, 6, and Horizon 2. They all took around three times as long to load. Even moving around with the controller was much slower. I also had to mess with Kinect because it would not recognize me on either machine after the preview update. But it isn't a final relase so issues are expected.

53TB unRAID2--41TB unRAID3--35TB unRAID1a
Sony 65x850C--Samsung UBD-K8500--Sony HT-NT3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
Old 10-07-2015, 10:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 868 Post(s)
Liked: 726
Yeah I'm having issues with Kinect not recognizing me.
Old 10-07-2015, 10:58 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marafice Eye View Post
You know, I've been on Xbox Live since the OG Xbox, and been on this specific gamertag for 9 years, and I still can't get a damn invite to the preview program...
I have been a member since November 15, 2002 and I still can't get one. I've begged and even call XBL support and not gotten one.
Old 10-07-2015, 11:01 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2552 Post(s)
Liked: 1353
Quote:
I would be interested to know if you are able to opt out. Like I mentioned above, I see the option to do so but the drop-down field where you should be able to change the status won't let me.
Yeah--it says that my console is in "EnrollChangePending" state . If they switch me I guess I'm screwed until the fix the bugs that effect me.

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
Old 10-07-2015, 11:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 1171 Post(s)
Liked: 967
Got the update last night while playing RB4, I said no to it at first and planned on doing it today. Hopefully RB4 still works fine.

One of the greatest posts I have read

benjamin-benjami - http://www.avsforum.com/forum/142-pl...l#post24609271
Old 10-07-2015, 12:58 PM
AVS Special Member

I like the direction of where the dash is going. But it's just too buggy.

I don't want to factory reset back to 8 and have to redownload everything. what a pain.
Old 10-07-2015, 02:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

It's too late to back out. Once it says "enrollpending" you will get Windows 10. You can choose not to install the update. However, you will not be able to connect to Xbox Live and will be offline. You can reset back to factory Windows 8 but that requires wiping the hard drive and redownloading everything.
Old 10-07-2015, 11:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Has "Xbox, On" worked for anyone after the update???
Old 10-08-2015, 12:04 AM
AVS Special Member

So are regular people seeing the Frozen game or only Windows 10 Xbox's? It looks like the Windows 8 app. So I guess we're going to start seeing Windows 8/10 games on the Xbox?
Old 10-08-2015, 02:17 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 353 Post(s)
Liked: 170
Wow this is horrible. I opted in today and now I hope I'm not in for a disaster. I should've been patient and waited. Hopefully by the time I get it it's a lot better and has been fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PSN: Artman22
Xbox live: Artman22
Old 10-08-2015, 07:25 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artman22 View Post
Wow this is horrible. I opted in today and now I hope I'm not in for a disaster. I should've been patient and waited. Hopefully by the time I get it it's a lot better and has been fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No big issues on my end. I've primarily just played Destiny or my kids played some games and no big issues. Once or twice a selection didn't take and I had to click it again but that was it. Kinect is working because I've recorded some screenshots and 'record that' videos with no error.

Big Trouble in Little China - greatest film ever made

Gamertag: Team Banzai
Old 10-08-2015, 07:46 AM
UHD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post
Has "Xbox, On" worked for anyone after the update???
Yes. That is one thing that still works for me the same as before.

My biggest complaint, at least when I messed with it yesterday, was that the games were taking an extremely long time to load. SO long that initially I thought the system was frozen. But it wasn't and each time the game eventually started. Although I didn't actually play any of the games, just checked the load times.

53TB unRAID2--41TB unRAID3--35TB unRAID1a
Sony 65x850C--Samsung UBD-K8500--Sony HT-NT3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
Old 10-08-2015, 03:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 93
They will fix things pretty quickly I'm sure.

Xbox Live: IamVertigo
PSN: IamVertigo
Old 10-08-2015, 03:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 892 Post(s)
Liked: 3349
My XB1 updated with the W10 dash this morning. First thing I checked was Skylanders Superchargers, and it seems to work fine.

So far no issues, but won't have time to spend with it 'till next week.

"My advice: don't spend money on therapy. Spend it in a record store." – Wim Wenders
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
Monoprice , Xbox One Console Day One Edition