The Official Xbox One thread... - Page 679 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 1650Likes

post #20341 of 21440 Old 10-24-2015, 08:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 458 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
Lately, it is driving me crazy how much worse Snap has gotten in the new dashboard. And it's not even that it's gotten worse since the old dashboard, it's gotten worse since the earlier previews. You used to be able to switch focus by pressing left or right (which makes sense). Now you have to highlight the app's icon and select it.

Also, I can't believe we're getting this close to the November release date without any tweaking of the terrible layout of "My games and apps".

I am not at all thrilled with Microsoft's UI designers lately (for the past year and a half, really).
It's been pretty awful from day one. It was designed to work primarily w/ Kinect. That was a huge gamble considering the substantive percentage of people who dislike it.

Xbox Live: General PATT0N
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #20342 of 21440 Old 10-24-2015, 08:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 337 Post(s)
Liked: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickff View Post
Maybe they are accepting applications...I look forward to the preview of your layout.

This sort of response is ridiculous. (Almost as bad as 'it's only a preview, you don't know how it'll be at launch'.) Of course I am not a designer. However, there are two things you're ignoring here. One, the whole point of a preview is to ask for feedback (though like with Windows 10 in general, most design feedback has gone completely ignored). Second and more importantly, one does not have to be a designer to know what feels wrong and to know what isn't working.

With regards to the specific complaints I posted about, Snap is now a mess. Between the two bars on both sides of your screen when trying to use the Snap menu, the focus switching being a downgrade from early previews, the amount of button presses it takes to perform any snap-related actions, I don't have to be a designer to know that's bad.

The 'My games & apps' screen? That's even worse, as it's something that is used very, very frequently. 2 rows of 6 squares is great at first, but it doesn't scale over the life of a system. Just from Games with Gold alone this would be cumbersome by now, but when you have around 80 icons to scroll through to get to a game, it is practically broken. (With things like Rare Replay splitting up a lot of games, EA Access, 360 BC, Games with Gold, and 10-15 Xbox One purchases, the library can expand quickly). Again, I don't have to be a UI designer to know this.

The old UI had its issues too, obviously, but Microsoft has in some cases ignored those and in other cases just swapped out the old problems for new ones... which is a problem they've had since the earliest Windows 10 previews. Technology-wise? They're doing some great stuff. When it comes to UI? Not so much.
cubdenno likes this.

XBL/Steam: JHoff80
post #20343 of 21440 Old 10-24-2015, 04:28 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 3870 Post(s)
Liked: 2283
I keep wondering when they are going to change the game/app section. It's seems kind of crazy to me to only have two rows and dozens of columns to show everything. I have many dozens of titles now. And it doesn't make it easy to go through them.
jhoff80 likes this.

53TB unRAID2--41TB unRAID3--35TB unRAID1a
Sony 65x850C--Samsung UBD-K8500--Sony HT-NT3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #20344 of 21440 Old 10-25-2015, 05:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 527 Post(s)
Liked: 777
A New Xbox One Experience update is rolling out to NXOE Preview participants tonight at 3PM PT, October 25th. This update contains many key fixes and stability improvements - see below for details.

HOW TO GET IT

If your console is in Instant-On mode and you have been selected, it will download and install the update and reboot to standby.

NOTE: Once the update is available to your wave, you can manually begin the update by navigating to Settings > System and selecting System Update.

If your console hasn’t downloaded and installed the update by 1:00AM PT 10/24/2015, you will be prompted to do so at that time.

DETAILS

OS version released: th2_xbox_rel_1510.151023-1900

Available: 3:00PM PDT 10/25 (2AM GMT 10/26) 

Fixes:

My Games & Apps: You should no longer encounter any tiles that are blank in your collection.

Apps Crashing Fixes: Various Apps no longer crash on startup or during usage.

Formatting Hard Drives: You should no longer run into issues when formatting external hard drives.

Edge Browser: You should no longer encounter a black screen when browsing in Edge.

FEATURED FEEDBACK OPPORTUNITIES

We have some new content for you, so be sure to check out the Preview Dashboard app for more details! Our highlighted quests for this release are:

Take a photo: This quest encourages you to try out the new Xbox One Avatar experience, and give us your feedback.

Highlight Reel: In this quest, try out the features of the new Upload Studio app.

Halo 5 Pre-load check

To ensure you have a great Day one experience with Halo 5: Guardians, please do the following:

· Go to “My Games & Apps” – Installed – Sort by Size. If you see Halo 5: Guardians at 54.8 GB then you are ready to play.

· If you do not see Halo 5: Guardians at 54.8 GB, you should first hard reboot your console in an effort to enable your console to take the final pre-GA Content Update for Halo 5

· Else If Halo 5: Guardians is still not showing an installed size of 54.8 GB then please uninstall your copy of Halo 5 and re-install

Known Issues:

Blocking App Issues

Voice Studio fails to launch

EPIX will not be able to stream video

Game and App Issues:

Game and App Updates: Game and app updates may fail to download and be applied while the console is off with instant on enabled

Workaround: Game and app updates can successfully be downloaded and applied while the console is on.

Progress bars and installation: Progress bars for installations may fail to display any progress; often content will install normally after a period of time.

Game Install: When installing some game titles with pending updates, you may experience installs which show a progress rate greater than 100%.

Workaround: The game will eventually install correctly; simply wait for the install to finish.

Game or App Crashes: Some users may experience game or app crashes which require the game to be force closed.

Workaround: Relaunch the game or app, or, navigate home and use the menu button to force close the app, then relaunch it.

Titanfall: Titanfall may fail to connect to Xbox Live.

Workaround: Hard reset the console.

NFL Live App: When playing videos in the NFL Live App, the screen may dim after a short period of time or freeze during live tv, often after commercial breaks.

ESPN App: may freeze during live TV, often after commercial breaks

Media Player: may fail to connect to DLNA content

Forza 6:

Forza 6 may fail to update due to an installation stopped error.

Forza 6 may fail to resume a suspended session after powering on the console in Instant-On mode.

Skype: Skype video calls may fail to transition to an audio call when moving to the background, causing the call to end.

General System Issues

Xbox App:

You may be unable to power on or off your console from the Connection Window in the Xbox App.

Workaround: Select More > Forget Console and re-add the console.

When using the Xbox App to power on or off your console, the Xbox App may fail to display whether the console was properly powered on or off.

Workaround: Select More > Forget Console and re-add the console.

Live TV Issues:

You may experience a stuck frame streaming TV to the Xbox App. You can enter OneGuide or resize your window to restore video playback.

The media transport controls do not work when streaming TV to SmartGlass and Xbox app clients.

Installation Stopped errors: When installing digital games or apps, you may encounter an installation stopped error, and the content will stop installing.

Workaround: Hard reset the console.

High Contrast Mode: When a user enables High contrast mode in Settings, High contrast mode is always enabled on the console regardless of which user is signed in. You can disable High contrast mode under Settings > Ease of Access > High contrast.

USB keyboards and sign-in: When using a USB keyboard to enter your password, pressing the tab key may cause the sign-in page to lock up.

Party and game chat: You may be unable to hear others when joining a party chat.

Workaround: Switching to game chat should allow you to hear others correctly.

Progress bars and installation: Progress bars for installations may fail to display any progress. In the majority of cases the content installs normally after a period of time.

Dashboard: You may encounter English text with strange characters on the Home screen. This is placeholder text and will be corrected in a future update.

Store:

You may be unable to navigate to certain areas of the Store using voice commands.

Preordered games may display as fully installed and no longer have a “Preorder” designation in My games & apps.

Disc Installations:

Certain games may fail to install from a disc if auto launch is disabled.

Workaround: Enable auto launch in Settings.

If installing a disc based game while no one is signed in on the console, launching the game will cause the game to start, but crash to a black screen shortly after.

Sign-in, security & passkey: If you have enabled passkey or password protection for Settings, you may experience issues accessing certain sections of Settings.

Workaround: Navigate to Settings > Account > Sign-in, security & passkey and update your configuration. If you have trouble accessing this section in Settings, hard reset your console.

Virtual Keyboard: The virtual keyboard may not function when attempting to browse in Edge.

Snap Center: When YouTube is snapped, it may share input with the home screen.

HDMI-In: You may experience a black screen when using a device via HDMI-in, even if this device is not a cable or set-top box.

Workaround: Run through the initial TV set-up and configure for a TV provider even if you don’t have a TV provider.

My Games & Apps: My games & apps may crash if switching quickly between Apps and Queue or Games and Queue.

System Update Errors: If you encounter an update error screen while downloading a system update and the console freezes, please wait 3 minutes before rebooting the console to ensure crash data is automatically captured.

Notifications: Friends do not receive game toast notifications.

Season passes: In a small number of cases, users with season passes may find that they aren’t recognized by the game.

Workaround: Uninstall your other season passes and re-install the season pass you wish to use.

Upload Studio:

Some users are experiencing failures launching Upload Studio or intermittent crashes when using Upload Studio.

Upload Studio may freeze when navigating quickly through effects.

USB TV Tuner:

If you have a USB TV Tuner plugged into your Xbox One console, Windows and Windows Phone SmartGlass devices will crash when attempting to connect to the console. To avoid this, you can switch to the Xbox App on Windows 10 or reset your TV settings and avoid setting up the USB TV Tuner.

Saying “Xbox Pause” or pressing pause on the media remote may fail to pause TV.

Xbox App/SmartGlass Issues

SmartGlass and Xbox App Live TV/OneGuide: You may experience issues connecting to Live TV or OneGuide when connecting to the console with SmartGlass.

Workaround: Set your SmartGlass connection to auto connect, quit the app, and restart. If the issue persists, hard reset the console.

Thank you for your participation in the Preview program!
aaronwt likes this.

The 5.0 is here
post #20345 of 21440 Old 10-25-2015, 07:08 PM
AVS Special Member

They removed the version stamp in the bottom right... looks like they think this is approaching good enough for a general release. (Obviously that doesn't mean they're done, but it means they're starting to take the steps to prepare to release it.)

Also, the thing they most clearly say is fixed in this build is not at all fixed for me: "My Games & Apps: You should no longer encounter any tiles that are blank in your collection." I've still got a ton of blank tiles after updating to this build.

post #20346 of 21440 Old 10-25-2015, 08:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Xbox is moving faster. I haven't had any of the problems like blank tiles, MTU issues or crashes. No crashes since the second update. Halo is showing the correct size as well.

The 5.0 is here
post #20347 of 21440 Old 10-25-2015, 08:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 517 Post(s)
Liked: 3032
New Xbox One Experience working great for me.

Just got a controller update notification - nice this can be done wirelessly with the newer controllers! Any word on what this update addresses?
mboojigga likes this.

"My advice: don't spend money on therapy. Spend it in a record store." – Wim Wenders
post #20348 of 21440 Old 10-26-2015, 05:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Xbox fans mark your calendars: @XboxP3 just revealed new Xbox One experience & back compat start launching Nov. 12 for all Xbox One owners
tampabuc likes this.

The 5.0 is here
post #20349 of 21440 Old 10-26-2015, 07:48 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 2338 Post(s)
Liked: 1257
They claim that they'll have "over 100" bc games ready at launch. It'd been nice if they'd released some to the preview as they finished them; it no doubt would have helped their testing to have more customers banging on them. The last things that they added was Borderlands, on the 3rd of September. I'm thinking of buying it for $20 from Xbox.com and playing it on my Xbox One.

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
post #20350 of 21440 Old 10-27-2015, 04:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 756 Post(s)
Liked: 583
Quote:
Originally Posted by mboojigga View Post
Xbox fans mark your calendars: @XboxP3 just revealed new Xbox One experience & back compat start launching Nov. 12 for all Xbox One owners
Bit surprised its this early. Still some quirky things that needs addressed but I'm assuming they will "fix" them for launch.
post #20351 of 21440 Old 10-27-2015, 10:58 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Really?!?! They better get busy then.

post #20352 of 21440 Old 10-28-2015, 10:45 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
This sort of response is ridiculous. (Almost as bad as 'it's only a preview, you don't know how it'll be at launch'.) Of course I am not a designer.
It's like when you disagree with a random stupid idea in a meeting and they say "what's your suggestion?" Like you have alternative options in your pocket for every dumb thing that someone might say.
Arutha_conDoin and Cravit8 like this.
post #20353 of 21440 Old 10-28-2015, 01:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 562 Post(s)
Liked: 1017
will probably be a WIP like Windows 10. For as much as Windows 10 looks nice with all the features, its bugginess is driving me crazy.
kevin g. likes this.
post #20354 of 21440 Old 10-28-2015, 02:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 1157 Post(s)
Liked: 957
Picked up the Xbox One adapter so I can use my controller wirelessly with my PC and I have to say why can't they make this thing smaller. I play on a laptop and this thing looks so wrong sticking out of the side.

Not sure if this was mentioned before or not but has anyone seen this

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-001-_-Product

I was thinking of picking it up for the sole reason to be able to stream the xbox to my bedroom. Much cheaper alternative to a second console. Should be sufficient to stream.....I think? Also it can display to an iPad and not sure how much lag that would have if any but could be a plus. If it can stream I'll take the plunge.

To bad its out of stock.

One of the greatest posts I have read

benjamin-benjami - http://www.avsforum.com/forum/142-pl...l#post24609271
post #20355 of 21440 Old 10-28-2015, 03:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post
Picked up the Xbox One adapter so I can use my controller wirelessly with my PC and I have to say why can't they make this thing smaller. I play on a laptop and this thing looks so wrong sticking out of the side.

I was thinking of picking it up for the sole reason to be able to stream the xbox to my bedroom. Much cheaper alternative to a second console. Should be sufficient to stream.....I think? Also it can display to an iPad and not sure how much lag that would have if any but could be a plus. If it can stream I'll take the plunge.

To bad its out of stock.
I would recommend one that has a ethernet port if that's at all possible in your setup.

post #20356 of 21440 Old 10-28-2015, 03:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I would recommend one that has a ethernet port if that's at all possible in your setup.

Didn't even think about that. The Ethernet is possible just would have to purchase a usb to Ethernet adapter.

I use the streaming feature on the road and I have to say it works great. I've used it off my iPhone hotspot and still worked great.

post #20357 of 21440 Old 10-29-2015, 07:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 649 Post(s)
Liked: 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post

To bad its out of stock.
Might want something with a little bit more ram, 2GB seems way too little. Does MS have spec req for xbox streaming?

PSN & XBL: Epyon415
Twitch.tv: http://www.twitch.tv/epyon415
Twitter: @roguengames
YouTube Gameplay Videos

I am the greatest MGO player eva!! - http://www.twitch.tv/epyon415/v/24236420
post #20358 of 21440 Old 10-29-2015, 08:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epyon415 View Post
Might want something with a little bit more ram, 2GB seems way too little. Does MS have spec req for xbox streaming?

Not really. They just recommend at least 2gb and a 1.5 cpu. I might see the return policy and if I can return it I might give it a shot. If not no big deal. I'll just stream it to my laptop like I've been doing.

post #20359 of 21440 Old 10-29-2015, 11:13 AM
AVS Special Member

From email,

TONIGHT WE RIDE. Need for Speed is now available to play on EA Access, for a limited time. Go ahead and take it for a spin – the Play First Trial is included in your membership. Love the game? Use your 10% discount and own Need for Speed for less.

And just a heads up – the Star Wars™ Battlefront™ Play First Trial hits on November 12. Guess what? You'll get to try it first because you're cool like that.
aaronwt likes this.

The 5.0 is here
post #20360 of 21440 Old 10-29-2015, 12:26 PM
AVS Club Gold

Thanks. I guess now is the time for me to get that month of EA access.

post #20361 of 21440 Old 10-30-2015, 09:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 498 Post(s)
Liked: 463
Quote:
From email,

TONIGHT WE RIDE. Need for Speed is now available to play on EA Access, for a limited time. Go ahead and take it for a spin – the Play First Trial is included in your membership. Love the game? Use your 10% discount and own Need for Speed for less.

And just a heads up – the Star Wars™ Battlefront™ Play First Trial hits on November 12. Guess what? You'll get to try it first because you're cool like that.
What sucks about that is the time limit on it In 10 hours you will be able to get some stuff done, but it's going to feel like a very slow strip tease!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
post #20362 of 21440 Old 10-30-2015, 01:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Liked: 351
This looks Great! MS & Phil Spencer have done a super job of upgrading the Xbox One from the original launch version.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/b...-compatibility

There are no more barriers for me anymore. I can't wait to get my Christmas present and start playing Halo 5. The Wife is also buying the Master Chief Collection and Elite Controller for me. I still have a lot of unplayed games for Xbox 360, that I will now jump over and play on the XB1. I also think I'll just keep a dedicated external 2 TB HDD to store all of my Xbox 360 disks, DD Games & DLC on, for play on the One. This was a tremendous move for me by the Xbox Team. It moved the Xbox back up to the top of the heap with me for console gaming.
post #20363 of 21440 Old 11-04-2015, 09:47 AM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Been lurking around here for about 6 months now, but got pulled into ordering a new "Elite" by the lure of backward compatibility (hope that pays off).

I have it all hooked up and working this morning, but I'm now wondering what the recent experiences are W.R.T. running a Tivo Roamio through the Xbone HDMI input. I'm a bit of a HT snob so I don't want to loose any picture quality or alter any of the calibrations on the TV as a result of passing signal through the Xbox. However, the convenience seems appealing if it will pass the signal unaltered and without any audio issues....

What's the current experience? Any observable impacts to picture/sound quality? Audio issues to be aware of? Thanks for any insight..
DaverJ likes this.
post #20364 of 21440 Old 11-04-2015, 10:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECS01 View Post
Been lurking around here for about 6 months now, but got pulled into ordering a new "Elite" by the lure of backward compatibility (hope that pays off).

I have it all hooked up and working this morning, but I'm now wondering what the recent experiences are W.R.T. running a Tivo Roamio through the Xbone HDMI input. I'm a bit of a HT snob so I don't want to loose any picture quality or alter any of the calibrations on the TV as a result of passing signal through the Xbox. However, the convenience seems appealing if it will pass the signal unaltered and without any audio issues....

What's the current experience? Any observable impacts to picture/sound quality? Audio issues to be aware of? Thanks for any insight..
Good news - so far backward compatibility works really good. Almost unexpectedly good - MS really nailed this.

Bad news - most of us who have tried running DVRs through the XB1 usually go back to separate inputs. I can't remember any specific video or audio related issues - it's mostly the Xbox and the Tivo's interfaces seem to step on each other, and possibly confused members of the household on how to watch the DVR..? Or maybe the TV-in is simply unnecessary for a DVR. IMO the Tivo peanut remote is the best device for controlling the DVR, so the XB1 isn't really doing anything for TV watching.

Of course, YMMV. Interesting in hearing your findings.
barrelbelly and ECS01 like this.

"My advice: don't spend money on therapy. Spend it in a record store." – Wim Wenders
post #20365 of 21440 Old 11-04-2015, 10:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverJ View Post
Good news - so far backward compatibility works really good. Almost unexpectedly good - MS really nailed this.

Bad news - most of us who have tried running DVRs through the XB1 usually go back to separate inputs. I can't remember any specific video or audio related issues - it's mostly the Xbox and the Tivo's interfaces seem to step on each other, and possibly confused members of the household on how to watch the DVR..? Or maybe the TV-in is simply unnecessary for a DVR. IMO the Tivo peanut remote is the best device for controlling the DVR, so the XB1 isn't really doing anything for TV watching.

Of course, YMMV. Interesting in hearing your findings.

I briefly had my Dish connected to my XB1. I don't remember any video issues, it looked the same to me. I disconnected it since it seemed to only be of use for watching live TV, the XB1 didn't seem to work well with the DVR aspects of the Hopper, and it was confusing and required the XB1 to be turned on to watch TV. If they had the HDMI work as a direct passthrough when the XB1 was off, that would have been a different story.

I think there may be issues with passing through a PC via the HDMI port, since the XB1 RGB compression/expansion issues would crush the blacks/whites of anything sending full range RGB. I'm curious if the NXE/Win10 upgrade will fix that issue.
ECS01 likes this.

Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you have fed him for a lifetime

Last edited by oryan_dunn; 11-04-2015 at 10:43 AM.
post #20366 of 21440 Old 11-04-2015, 12:07 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 300
I've had my Directv genie running through the xb1 since the beginning. It's a bit annoying to have to turn on the xbox just to watch tv, but I love being able to snap tv while I'm playing games. A lot of times I'll watch/listen to a hockey or basketball game while I'm playing. If the game gets interesting, just pause and switch to full screen mode.
ECS01 likes this.

Xbox Gamertag/PSN ID: RemoWilliams84

"I started out with nothing, and I still got most of it." -Seasick Steve

post #20367 of 21440 Old 11-04-2015, 12:08 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2338 Post(s)
Liked: 1257
Quote:
... the Xbox and the Tivo's interfaces seem to step on each other, and possibly confused members of the household on how to watch the DVR..? Or maybe the TV-in is simply unnecessary for a DVR.

The Xbox TV UI is in no way superior to the TiVo one, so I removed the HDMI splitter I put between it and my AVR and the Xbox. One problem is that I had to switch to the TiVo remote when I wanted to watch a recording which is the primary way that I watch television. I suppose that if you want to watch while playing a game or use the NFL app or stay connected for friends communication, but I never wanted to do the first two and the last can be done with Smart Glass (I think--I rarely play in multilayer modes so I am don't often communicate with the people on my friends list).
ECS01 likes this.

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
post #20368 of 21440 Old 11-04-2015, 12:17 PM
AVS Special Member

oh yeah, I forgot about the snap feature for TV - that's one advantage to using the XB1 TV-in feature.

I'm sure there are people who love that, especially sports fans. I don't use snap at all.
ECS01 likes this.

post #20369 of 21440 Old 11-04-2015, 12:26 PM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
oh yeah, I forgot about the snap feature for TV - that's one advantage to using the XB1 TV-in feature.

I'm sure there are people who love that, especially sports fans. I don't use snap at all.
Thanks for the input guys - much appreciated!

Some excellent points made on duplication of function and overall usability.

I guess my concern about degrading video/sound quality isn't really an issue since those topics don't seem to be getting much comment, and that's also good to know.
post #20370 of 21440 Old 11-04-2015, 12:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECS01 View Post
Thanks for the input guys - much appreciated!

Some excellent points made on duplication of function and overall usability.

I guess my concern about degrading video/sound quality isn't really an issue since those topics don't seem to be getting much comment, and that's also good to know.
I also recall that I saw some people claiming the de-interlacer in the XB1 wasn't very good, but I think you could get around that by ensuring the Tivo always sends 1080p.
ECS01 likes this.

Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you have fed him for a lifetime
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Monoprice , Xbox One Console Day One Edition