The Official Xbox One thread... - Page 691 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 1651Likes

Old 01-16-2016, 11:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 498 Post(s)
Liked: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverJ View Post
Other than an extended pause for the sign in (wish they would fix that), the dashboard works great on my end. In fact, I really like the layout and design.
Same here. Just a slight pause on the sign on and the Dashboard has been pretty stable since the main launch in November.

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2016, 03:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1865 Post(s)
Liked: 1969
Sometimes my sign in is almost instant and sometimes it takes a bit longer. Better than it was a month or so ago,it was agonizingly slow. I never timed it but I'm sure it was well over a minute.

Sent from my HTC One_M8
Old 01-17-2016, 07:50 AM

Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 128
The dash on my Day One model has fine performance. The signing in tho takes about 15-20 seconds, where as at used to be lickety split. I've noticed this happening in the past couple weeks or so. I hadn't been able to log on much beyond the last couple of weeks, so I missed the longer times it was taking others to log on.

I've also noticed the degradation on streaming quality, but this has only been over the past few days and isn't constant.
Old 01-17-2016, 08:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 26
My only complaint with the new dash is if you don't have a Kinect to say "Xbox, redeem code" you have got to dig way into the store to find the option to do it. I like that if you get a code via a message, you can redeem it instantly. But I should be able to go to the Games and Apps tab, and somewhere, anywhere in there, is a redeem code. Or make it front and center when you go to the front page of the store. On the 360, it has always been pretty simple, but the One buried it. Yes, I know I can redeem on the website. But if I've already got the console open, why should I have to take those extra steps?

Xbox 360: Deezul AwT
HDTV since 2004, 3D since 2011
Go Jackets!
Old 01-17-2016, 09:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 528 Post(s)
Liked: 777
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezul View Post
My only complaint with the new dash is if you don't have a Kinect to say "Xbox, redeem code" you have got to dig way into the store to find the option to do it. I like that if you get a code via a message, you can redeem it instantly. But I should be able to go to the Games and Apps tab, and somewhere, anywhere in there, is a redeem code. Or make it front and center when you go to the front page of the store. On the 360, it has always been pretty simple, but the One buried it. Yes, I know I can redeem on the website. But if I've already got the console open, why should I have to take those extra steps?
So store, browse all games and use a code. 3 steps is a lot? That kind of goes back to why Kinect is so nice. "Xbox, use a code"

The 5.0 is here
Old 01-17-2016, 10:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 458 Post(s)
Liked: 155
My sign-in time was ATROCIOUS a little while back. It's improved, but still slow.

Xbox Live: General PATT0N
Old 01-17-2016, 11:35 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2340 Post(s)
Liked: 1257
Something strange is going on with sign in. It will start signing in, say "Hello, <account-name>!" fairly quickly, then the little waiting-to-sign-in indicator continues to display. I usually just start my game either with a voice command or by pressing A. The game might ask me to sign in but that happens in a few seconds.

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
Old 01-17-2016, 02:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 1151 Post(s)
Liked: 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott View Post
Something strange is going on with sign in. It will start signing in, say "Hello, <account-name>!" fairly quickly, then the little waiting-to-sign-in indicator continues to display. I usually just start my game either with a voice command or by pressing A. The game might ask me to sign in but that happens in a few seconds.

I have this exact same experience, and because there are multiple users, I never know if I'm about to start a game as guest or as me.

PSN: Cravit8
XBL: oOo_Crav_oOo
Old 01-18-2016, 05:09 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by barth2k View Post
I'm having trouble with streaming video apps, specifically hbo go and Amazon prime video. Video is choppy in first minute, but even after that, I get blurriness during motion and dropped frames when camera pans. Netflix is better, but not completely smooth.

The internal apps in my TV, otoh, are super smooth and no problem at all. Both connected Wi-Fi. Speed test on Xbox shows 50+mbps up and down, which pretty much maxes out my Fios. Why does the xbox have poor streaming performance? I like to use the xbox apps because it has more readable subtitles, navigating and searching is much easier with the xbox controller than the tv remote, and the play FF RW controls are better implemented, if only I could fix the video choppiness.
Delete and reinstall the app. This fixed it for me. Other people have tried the "clear data" option for the app.
Old 01-18-2016, 10:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 764 Post(s)
Liked: 603
I agree. Sign in is stupid slow now. Makes no sense. Especially when you tell it which account to automatically sign in with.
Old 01-18-2016, 11:45 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 3900 Post(s)
Liked: 2309
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
Kind of have to be able to navigate the dashboard to be able to launch the games though.
Not with Kinect. One of the best things about Kinect is the super fast UI navigation. I can quickly start a game or go just about anywhere I need.

53TB unRAID2--41TB unRAID3--35TB unRAID1a
Sony 65x850C--Samsung UBD-K8500--Sony HT-NT3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
Old 01-18-2016, 11:47 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Kinect just sees me, and signs me in. I love that.

Old 01-18-2016, 01:19 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
Kinect just sees me, and signs me in. I love that.
I leave the PDP mount's cover on my Kinect's cameras unless I'm using a game with gestural control. Since I'm the only person who logs into my Xbox I just use the automatic log-in, which used to only take a couple of seconds. It still only takes a couple of seconds to give the "hi!" acknowledgement that I'm logged in, but the logging-in indicator stays on the screen for a long time after that unless I give it a command either via voice or controller. I'm fairly certain that it's a bug which wasn't always in this new dashboard.

Old 01-18-2016, 02:13 PM
AVS Special Member

It must be a bug but not affecting everyone.
Arutha_conDoin likes this.

The 5.0 is here
Old 01-18-2016, 03:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by barth2k View Post
I'm having trouble with streaming video apps, specifically hbo go and Amazon prime video. Video is choppy in first minute, but even after that, I get blurriness during motion and dropped frames when camera pans. Netflix is better, but not completely smooth.
Do you have your One in standby or a cold shut-down? People in the Rock Band forums are reporting choppy issues when booting The One from a cold start due to the One acting like a regular computer and doing a bunch of background tasks (like looking for updates) instead of starting up ready to play games like a console should. Those guys say turning The One on and waiting about 15 minutes resolves these issues.
Old 01-18-2016, 03:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I leave the PDP mount's cover on my Kinect's cameras unless I'm using a game with gestural control. Since I'm the only person who logs into my Xbox I just use the automatic log-in, which used to only take a couple of seconds. It still only takes a couple of seconds to give the "hi!" acknowledgement that I'm logged in, but the logging-in indicator stays on the screen for a long time after that unless I give it a command either via voice or controller. I'm fairly certain that it's a bug which wasn't always in this new dashboard.
Identical experience here. Wasn't always this way...

Old 01-19-2016, 08:13 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 307 Post(s)
Liked: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverJ View Post
Other than an extended pause for the sign in (wish they would fix that), the dashboard works great on my end. In fact, I really like the layout and design.
I have this issue too. Ever since the new dash update, it takes anywhere from a minute to 3 minutes (!!) to sign in every time. Kinda lame.

Also, my Day One X1 was having disc reading errors and I would have to eject the disc and try and again for it to work. Luckily, that went away (for now).

Sony HW40es Projector / 106" Silver Ticket screen
Sony 70" W830B LED TV
Xbox One GT: JonnyRingo619
PS4 GT: Ringo619
Old 01-19-2016, 04:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 231 Post(s)
Liked: 682
Update of the up coming Preview features.

http://majornelson.com/2016/01/19/ne...pp-this-month/
DaverJ likes this.
Old 01-19-2016, 05:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spid View Post

Still no way to sign-in while appearing offline...sheesh.

Old 01-20-2016, 06:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightintel View Post
Still no way to sign-in while appearing offline...sheesh.
The appear offline is in the profile. Also, if you are actually talking about everytime you turn your Xbox One on, than in the same profile is under privacy settings which you can select friends or block. Been there since day one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	191.5 KB
ID:	1198362  

The 5.0 is here

Last edited by mboojigga; 01-20-2016 at 06:08 PM.
Old 01-20-2016, 10:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 728 Post(s)
Liked: 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuss View Post
Delete and reinstall the app. This fixed it for me. Other people have tried the "clear data" option for the app.
You're talking about manage app > uninstall all, correct? I did that with hulu app then selected ready to install. It did not ask for my sign in so I wonder if uninstall actually cleared out the data.

I don't see any clear data option. The hbo go app can get choppy too but hulu seems to be the worst
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Flatus View Post
Do you have your One in standby or a cold shut-down? People in the Rock Band forums are reporting choppy issues when booting The One from a cold start due to the One acting like a regular computer and doing a bunch of background tasks (like looking for updates) instead of starting up ready to play games like a console should. Those guys say turning The One on and waiting about 15 minutes resolves these issues.
No I'm not coming from a cold boot, and I don't watch anything while it is updating a game or something. If this were a PC I'd try to look at system monitor and see if something is hogging the cpu.

It does seem like a video issue because the games are fine
Old 01-21-2016, 10:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by spid View Post

No Family timer yet, a feature that hit the 360 before the end of year two. I thought that with the Windows 10 rollout, they'd incorporate the Family Safety features of Windows 10 into the Xbox One, but I'm starting to wonder if that will ever happen.

Xbox 360: Deezul AwT
HDTV since 2004, 3D since 2011
Go Jackets!
Old 01-21-2016, 04:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mboojigga View Post
The appear offline is in the profile. Also, if you are actually talking about everytime you turn your Xbox One on, than in the same profile is under privacy settings which you can select friends or block. Been there since day one.
I'm aware of those settings, but I was referring to a 360 style option. It wasn't a matter of blocking/unblocking, just disabling the auto sign-in, w/ a much quicker way to show yourself online.

Old 01-22-2016, 10:29 AM
AVS Addicted Member

My Xbox now logs in instantly at start-up. I think that I probably got the latest preview build.
DaverJ likes this.

Old 01-22-2016, 10:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 520 Post(s)
Liked: 3038
Quote:
My Xbox now logs in instantly at start-up. I think that I probably got the latest preview build.
I noticed that too - very quick!

Must be the new Preview build because I noticed I can hide titles in the available-to-install section. Handy for the demos I won't play again!

"My advice: don't spend money on therapy. Spend it in a record store." – Wim Wenders
Old 01-23-2016, 07:35 AM

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Anybody else's Xbone have a weak grip on cables? The cat5 (Monoprice) cable falls out very easily, and I've had the HDMI work loose while troubleshooting.
Old 01-23-2016, 08:17 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermghoti View Post
Anybody else's Xbone have a weak grip on cables? The cat5 (Monoprice) cable falls out very easily, and I've had the HDMI work loose while troubleshooting.
The XBOne is the only device I've used the included HDMI cable with. I typically use Mono price or some other brand. But in 2013 when I got my XBOnes, the Mono price cables would not fit snug. It seemed like there could have been a slight obstruction near the HDMI port that partially blocked the Monoprice cable. So I tried the included XBOne cable and that fit snug. And I've had no issues with the cables since.

Of course because of this I tried using the included HDMI cable with my PS4. That cable caused nothing but issues. I threw it away and used a Mono price cable with the PS4 instead.

Although recently I changed out most of my Monoprice cables to Aurum cables I got from Amazon.
ermghoti likes this.

Old 01-23-2016, 02:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 498 Post(s)
Liked: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
Although recently I changed out most of my Monoprice cables to Aurum cables I got from Amazon.
Have you tried using any the Aurum cables on the Xbox One? I have my HDMI cable plugged into the X1 to what was going to my Cable box and it would disconnect very easily. I think it was a Monoprice cable nut not sure.

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
Old 01-23-2016, 03:13 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arutha_conDoin View Post
Have you tried using any the Aurum cables on the Xbox One? I have my HDMI cable plugged into the X1 to what was going to my Cable box and it would disconnect very easily. I think it was a Monoprice cable nut not sure.
I never tried it. I just continued using the Xbox One supplied cable. Right now I'm using the Aurum cables with all my 2160P devices.

Old 01-23-2016, 04:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 564 Post(s)
Liked: 1018
I love Monoprice. But some of their cables suck.
Lord Flatus likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
Monoprice , Xbox One Console Day One Edition