The Official Xbox One thread... - Page 692 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 1352Likes

post #20731 of 20759 Old 01-23-2016, 06:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 456 Post(s)
Liked: 716
I am using Amazon cables for my 4K and devices.
Arutha_conDoin likes this.

The 5.0 is here
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #20732 of 20759 Old 01-23-2016, 06:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 383 Post(s)
Liked: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post
I love Monoprice. But some of their cables suck.
Not challenging you, but what makes you say that? Seems they've so many happy customers.

Xbox Live: General PATT0N
post #20733 of 20759 Old 01-23-2016, 07:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1435 Post(s)
Liked: 1480
Quote:
Originally Posted by rightintel View Post
Not challenging you, but what makes you say that? Seems they've so many happy customers.
Not to knock them because I use their cables on nearly everything but I did get 2 bad HDMI cables that were bad.One was hooked up to my 360 went bad after 2 years,not sure how a cable goes bad but.. then replaced it with a new one and it too was bad right out of the bag,I thought the 360 died and took it to a local shop and it was fine,used a Mediabridge cable and all was good.I still buy Monoprice,maybe a bad batch?
post #20734 of 20759 Old 01-23-2016, 08:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 446 Post(s)
Liked: 938
I buy many things from Monoprice. Ranging from earphones to headphones to HDMI to DVI to DisplayPort adapters to 360 adapters, etc. etc.

Most are great. But I've had problems with some of the cables and if you dig through the reviews, you'll see problems. Not saying the problem is endemic but some cables are just bad designs. Like an optical cable where the end design (I don't know the real terms, the sleeve? The handle part?) was too big so that it didn't fit properly in the socket. Or a network cable that didn't seat properly either (which is why they offer multiple end designs on their network cables). Or a bad 360 VGA adapter with severe ghosting. No company is perfect. Some bad designs mixed in with good designs.
post #20735 of 20759 Old 01-24-2016, 10:22 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2199 Post(s)
Liked: 1175
The latest batch of BC titles has been announced. Nothing too earth-shaking (I'd only ever heard of a couple of them), but they include The Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings which is free until February 5th.
aaronwt, DaverJ and Nayan like this.

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
post #20736 of 20759 Old 01-24-2016, 11:17 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 2724 Post(s)
Liked: 1457
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott View Post
The latest batch of BC titles has been announced. Nothing too earth-shaking (I'd only ever heard of a couple of them), but they include The Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings which is free until February 5th.
Why is it free? I didn't see it listed as a Games with Gold title for January.

53TB unRAID2--41TB unRAID3--35TB unRAID1a
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #20737 of 20759 Old 01-24-2016, 11:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 544 Post(s)
Liked: 788
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
I'm not going to question it, I am just gonna grab it.
aaronwt and onlysublime like this.

You know you're getting old when the candles on your birthday cake cost more than the cake itself. Crap I say
post #20738 of 20759 Old 01-24-2016, 12:44 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

I have absolutely no idea. Major Nelson did not explain it and I can find no explanation online. And why until the 5th? Any GwG would have stopped being free on the 31st. It was a former GwG, in the second half of January 2015.

Whatever--never good to look a gift in the mouth .
Nayan likes this.

post #20739 of 20759 Old 01-24-2016, 03:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by ermghoti View Post
Anybody else's Xbone have a weak grip on cables? The cat5 (Monoprice) cable falls out very easily, and I've had the HDMI work loose while troubleshooting.
I've only got this issue on the SPDIF port. It barely holds the cable in. Tried multiple cables to so I know it's the port. Everything else is still solid.
ermghoti likes this.

Marafice Eye <--- All gamertags listed there - Twitch TV Channel YouTube Channel
__________________________________________________ _
Plan9Reloaded Co-host
Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast
https://soundcloud.com/plan9reloaded/sets/podcast - direct pod link
http://plan9reloaded.com/site/ - main website
post #20740 of 20759 Old 01-27-2016, 01:06 PM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quick/odd question for the assembled wisdom here...

I recently picked up the first Tomb Raider game for XBOne (unexpectedly great game for $15 BTW).. It hung up when I installed it due to a defective disc, although it allowed me to begin playing - which I did until I realized it wasn't ever going to finish loading.. I exchanged the disc, and now the game is installed and playing fine, however, the graphic tile that is supposed to display on the homepage, and in the "games" menu is totally blank/missing for some reason.. I know that "blank space = Tomb Raider" but my OCD is making me want to fix this somehow. Any good ideas? If I remove the game and reinstall it in an attempt to fix, will I loose all my saved progress? (I'm now about halfway through, so that would be kind of annoying..)

Thanks for any ideas..
post #20741 of 20759 Old 01-27-2016, 01:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 382 Post(s)
Liked: 368
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECS01 View Post

I recently picked up the first Tomb Raider game for XBOne (unexpectedly great game for $15 BTW).. It hung up when I installed it due to a defective disc, although it allowed me to begin playing - which I did until I realized it wasn't ever going to finish loading.. I exchanged the disc, and now the game is installed and playing fine, however, the graphic tile that is supposed to display on the homepage, and in the "games" menu is totally blank/missing for some reason.. I know that "blank space = Tomb Raider" but my OCD is making me want to fix this somehow. Any good ideas? If I remove the game and reinstall it in an attempt to fix, will I loose all my saved progress? (I'm now about halfway through, so that would be kind of annoying..)

Thanks for any ideas..
You should be fine to uninstall. Your saved game should be stored on the cloud as well on the hard drive. When I checked out AC Black Flag and was done with it I uninstalled the game, and when it was a free game later I installed it again. My saved game progress picked up right where I was at.
DaverJ likes this.

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
post #20742 of 20759 Old 01-27-2016, 01:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marafice Eye View Post
I've only got this issue on the SPDIF port. It barely holds the cable in. Tried multiple cables to so I know it's the port. Everything else is still solid.
multiple cables as in different brands? or return/exchange? I gave up on a particular Monoprice cable after 2 exchanges.
post #20743 of 20759 Old 01-27-2016, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECS01 View Post

Thanks for any ideas..
Thanks for the info! I'll try a remove/reinstall tonight and see what happens.. Sounds like it should work, and worst case is that I get to start over again, but it's a good game and would go a lot faster the second time through..
post #20744 of 20759 Old 01-27-2016, 03:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Double check your system settings and see if you have cloud sabe setup. If not set it up and then play the game then should good to go

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
-Ghanima Atreides
post #20745 of 20759 Old 01-27-2016, 05:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 331
Quote:
multiple cables as in different brands? or return/exchange? I gave up on a particular Monoprice cable after 2 exchanges.
Main cable is the one that came with my Astro A40s, Also tried a random one I had lying around, and one I ordered off Amazon (not a Monoprice cable) It's just the port, the cables don't "click" in very well like they should. No problem on my PC or my PS4 with the exact same cables. It's not really a problem since I'm not messing around with cables that often, but on rare occasions it can get pulled out accidentally.

Marafice Eye <--- All gamertags listed there - Twitch TV Channel YouTube Channel
__________________________________________________ _
Plan9Reloaded Co-host
Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast
https://soundcloud.com/plan9reloaded/sets/podcast - direct pod link
http://plan9reloaded.com/site/ - main website
post #20746 of 20759 Old 01-28-2016, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arutha_conDoin View Post
You should be fine to uninstall. Your saved game should be stored on the cloud as well on the hard drive. When I checked out AC Black Flag and was done with it I uninstalled the game, and when it was a free game later I installed it again. My saved game progress picked up right where I was at.
FWIW I did the remove/reinstall last night and it worked perfectly as described.. Problem solved! Thanks!
post #20747 of 20759 Old 01-31-2016, 06:47 PM
AVS Special Member

So wasn't intending on getting the Xbox One chatpad since I was happy with my wireless keyboard, but found out it comes with a chat headset and thought, "why not?" Coming on Monday!

• This product includes a Chatpad and a Chat Headset with a 3.5mm jack that you can plug directly into the Chatpad. The Xbox One Wireless Controller is sold separately.
  • Includes a full QWERTY keyboard and a backlit keypad so you can type in the dark.
  • Includes audio control at your fingertips including volume, game/chat mix, and mic mute.
  • Includes two new programmable buttons which will give you access to your favorite features like Game DVR, taking screenshots or launching apps at the touch of a button (expected to be usable in mid-2016).
  • Compatible with Xbox One and Windows 10.

Didn't know about the programmable buttons. I guess they're useful if you don't have a Kinect.

I guess it also negates the need for the stereo headset adapter for older controllers as well.

post #20748 of 20759 Old 02-01-2016, 11:39 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
So wasn't intending on getting the Xbox One chatpad since I was happy with my wireless keyboard, but found out it comes with a chat headset and thought, "why not?" Coming on Monday!

• This product includes a Chatpad and a Chat Headset with a 3.5mm jack that you can plug directly into the Chatpad. The Xbox One Wireless Controller is sold separately.
  • Includes a full QWERTY keyboard and a backlit keypad so you can type in the dark.
  • Includes audio control at your fingertips including volume, game/chat mix, and mic mute.
  • Includes two new programmable buttons which will give you access to your favorite features like Game DVR, taking screenshots or launching apps at the touch of a button (expected to be usable in mid-2016).
  • Compatible with Xbox One and Windows 10.

Didn't know about the programmable buttons. I guess they're useful if you don't have a Kinect.

I guess it also negates the need for the stereo headset adapter for older controllers as well.

I see this only came out in November. It took them two years to release this? I remember having a similar device with my 360. I think I might need to pick one up from BestBuy or Amazon

LED DLP
post #20749 of 20759 Old 02-01-2016, 12:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I see this only came out in November. It took them two years to release this? I remember having a similar device with my 360. I think I might need to pick one up from BestBuy or Amazon
I don't recall seeing the chat pad for the 360 until 2-3 years after the the launch of the system.

The 5.0 is here
post #20750 of 20759 Old 02-01-2016, 01:04 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mboojigga View Post
I don't recall seeing the chat pad for the 360 until 2-3 years after the the launch of the system.

The 360 was out in November 2005; it's chatpad launched in September 2007. Apparently they don't think of these things as a priority item. Maybe they didn't sell that many for the 360

post #20751 of 20759 Old 02-01-2016, 10:10 PM
AVS Addicted Member

My cable modem apparently died requiring me to temporarily switch to using 2 Mbps AT&T wireless available in this home that I share (they didn't actually have cable when I moved in so I subscribed and got 100 Mbps data service). When I went to switch to using wireless on my Xbox One it requires me to remove the Ethernet cable. Why??? My Roku 3 and PC didn't make me remove the cable (though the PC did require that I explicitly disable the interface before it would work, seeing both networks as being available until I did). What a pain .

post #20752 of 20759 Old 02-01-2016, 11:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
My cable modem apparently died requiring me to temporarily switch to using 2 Mbps AT&T wireless available in this home that I share (they didn't actually have cable when I moved in so I subscribed and got 100 Mbps data service). When I went to switch to using wireless on my Xbox One it requires me to remove the Ethernet cable. Why??? My Roku 3 and PC didn't make me remove the cable (though the PC did require that I explicitly disable the interface before it would work, seeing both networks as being available until I did). What a pain .
The 360 does the same. Been that way since the wi-fi adaptor of the original 360.

The 5.0 is here
post #20753 of 20759 Old 02-01-2016, 11:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Looking mighty nice...

post #20754 of 20759 Old 02-02-2016, 03:43 AM
AVS Special Member

The new free game Hand of Fate was quite fun when I played it tonight. Love how they blended the card game with some hack and slash fighting. Game just starts with little to no storyline behind it, but you get the hang of it rather quick. Would love to see a MP mode added to it where players could build their own decks and battle against each other somehow.
DaverJ and onlysublime like this.

PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
-Ghanima Atreides
post #20755 of 20759 Old 02-02-2016, 07:42 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
I think this has always been the case with the Xbox One. My TiVo Bolt is the same way. You can't use wireless unless the Ethernet cable is unplugged.

LED DLP
post #20756 of 20759 Old 02-02-2016, 07:57 PM
AVS Special Member

For those with EA Access. Madden NFL 16 is in the Vault!

PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
-Ghanima Atreides
post #20757 of 20759 Old Today, 05:15 PM
AVS Special Member

I am playing Unravel via the free Trial through EA Access. I took some screen shots and a have a video. I am unable to share or upload the video or screenshots. Is this typical for free trial games, or is something not right with my upload studio program. It processed the video, but it will not save.

This game is beautiful. Fun platformer and good soundtrack. Not as hard at Ori either!

PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
-Ghanima Atreides
post #20758 of 20759 Old Today, 06:46 PM
AVS Special Member

It's up to the publisher whether to allow screen or video capture on any given title or even any given scene (e.g., if they don't want you to spoil a big game surprise twist by recording and posting)
post #20759 of 20759 Old Today, 08:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
It's up to the publisher whether to allow screen or video capture on any given title or even any given scene (e.g., if they don't want you to spoil a big game surprise twist by recording and posting)
Might be why it's not showing on my feed

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
-Ghanima Atreides
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Monoprice , Xbox One Console Day One Edition