The Official Xbox One thread... - Page 700 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 1676Likes

Old 03-29-2016, 04:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 500 Post(s)
Liked: 466
Rise of the Tomb Raider Cold Darkness Awakened is out!!! I have it installed and going to sit down and play after I go pick up my cough syrup. Had to call in today from work and lucked out with this launching when it did!
DaverJ and onlysublime like this.

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2016, 05:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 129
NHL 16 is now in The Vault for all you goons out there.
Arutha_conDoin and Nayan like this.
Old 03-29-2016, 06:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmorgan View Post
NHL 16 is now in The Vault for all you goons out there.
about fricking time!!
chmorgan likes this.

PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
-Ghanima Atreides
Old 03-30-2016, 05:13 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyst View Post
Buy XB1 now or wait till E3?

With the current $50 off a console deal, I'm thinking about finally buying into this generation. I like the idea of the faster hybrid drive in the Elite, but I've been told the bundle isn't worth the price premium if you don't care about the controller.

That said, do y'all think I should just grab the $299 bundle now or wait to see if they drop a refresh (like an updated Slim model, etc.) at E3 this year?

If the chances are nill of a new model I may as well grab one on sale now, but since XB1 has been out a few years I thought I'd ask.

thanks!
Gamestop is having a special right now, trade in your 360 Slim and get $100 credit towards a One. Meaning you can get it for $199.
DaverJ likes this.

Bert Jones
Old 03-30-2016, 09:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 235 Post(s)
Liked: 689
During the Build Day 1 Keynote Microsoft confirmed that the plan to make every Xbox One a dev kit will go live this summer with the Anniversary update for Xbox One. Also confirmed as part of the keynote.

* Universal Store for Windows 10 and Xbox One
* Background Music
* Cortana coming to Xbox One.
* A preview for retail unit to dev kit will be available today.

Details on how the devkit will work

http://www.polygon.com/2016/3/30/113...ox-one-dev-kit
DaverJ and onlysublime like this.

Last edited by spid; 03-30-2016 at 11:18 AM.
Old 03-30-2016, 11:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 617 Post(s)
Liked: 1064
OMG! background music! can't wait to play Groove while gaming. Right now, snapped Groove during gaming bogs down the whole experience and takes up so much real estate.
Arutha_conDoin likes this.
Old 03-30-2016, 11:40 AM
AVS Special Member

http://www.polygon.com/2016/3/30/113...ox-one-dev-kit

Xbox Dev Mode is available starting today as a preview and will be finalized as a full release this summer. The mode will allow anyone to build, test and experiment with Universal Windows Program (UWP) development. Converting a console to Dev Mode requires no special equipment or fees, though to fully access the abilities, a user will need to create a Dev Center account for $19.

"Now the Xbox isn't just for playing, but also for creating awesome content," said Chris Charla, director of ID@Xbox. "We're excited to open the Xbox One to everyone so anyone can get started developing."

While the preview of Dev Mode is available to anyone now, Charla stressed that most people should wait until its full release later this summer.

"You might run into issues now," he said.

The preview only offers access to 448 MB of the Xbox One's 8 GB of RAM. When Dev Mode comes out of preview, Charla said, developers will have access to the full 1 GB of RAM supported for UWP Xbox games.

"It's also a preview," he added. "And we want to be able to test things still in the preview."

First, a user has to download the Dev Mode activation app from the Xbox Games Store. Launching the app kicks off a welcome screen and a link to documentation that details what to expect when you switch over from retail to a dev kit, as well as the requirements.

The requirements include that you:
  • Join the Windows Insider Program
  • Are running Windows 10 on your PC
  • Have a wired connection to your PC from your Xbox One
  • Install the latest Visual Studio 2015 and Windows builds
  • Have at least 30 GB of storage free on your console
The introduction also warns that once you've converted your console over, you may occasionally run into issues running retail games. In addition, the introduction says, leaving Dev Mode will require resetting your console to its factory settings and uninstalling all of your games, apps and content.

Upon agreeing, you're given a code that can be entered on your computer once you sign into your Dev Center account. The activation can take awhile and usually requires updating your console. Once it's complete, the console restarts and returns you to your standard startup screen.

After setting up Dev Mode, a user simply pairs their Xbox One with Visual Studio, which sees the console as a Windows 10 machine to which it can deploy content directly through a wired connection.

"When a UWP app is running, it doesn't know it's running on an Xbox," Charla said. "It just knows it's a Windows 10 device."

"You don't have to do a lot of extra stuff to get a game to run on Xbox One," he said. "There is no specific Xbox API for Unity. You can do some things with screen resolution, but really you don't have to do much."

The space shooter game, Charla said, was created with Visual Studio Community — free software from Microsoft — and developed on a personal copy of Unity, which you can download for free and which doesn't have any Xbox-specific code.

"To us it's very important to be able to do that," Charla said. "We really see this as an amazing solution, especially for hobbyists, students, anyone who wants to get started with games."

Developers will still rely on the existing ID@Xbox system in place for getting their games onto the console.

That means that a developer will have to go through Microsoft's concept approval, which usually takes about two weeks, before the game is eligible to be published on Xbox One.

"Concept approval is a process that every game that releases on Xbox One goes through to ensure that the games hit technical quality standards and are appropriate for Xbox One," Charla said. "We're not looking to be censors and we're excited to enable a broad range of experiences so that when players turn on their Xbox One, they have access to the most diverse portfolio of games possible."

If a game isn't approved for release on Xbox One, the developer is still able to release their creation on the Windows Store, he added. "If they want to use Xbox Live on Windows, or release a game on Xbox One, they can work with ID@Xbox to enable Xbox Live for their title or bring it to Xbox One."

If a game is approved for the console, developers will have to sign a contract with Microsoft, which includes a "standard platform royalty that everyone charges," Charla said.

"If a developer has a game that they want to publish, they apply to ID@Xbox, tell us about the game, and once the concept is approved we sign a contract," he said. "Then as they get closer, we help them out getting through certification. We also do promotion of the game at events like what we had at GDC, where we invite a lot of press."

The big change here is that traditionally, Microsoft had to give a hopeful developer a dev kit. Now a developer can just switch over their own retail console.

In allowing any Xbox One to become a dev kit, Microsoft is unlocking the floodgates to game development, but at the same time, the company is still using a restrictive system, in which Microsoft is the gatekeeper, to allow those games on the console.

"We're excited to enable anyone to start experimenting with development using UWP and to test those experiences in the living room on their Xbox One," he said. "At the same time, for any game that ships on Xbox One, we have a promise to our players that games will hit certain standards. For all games on Xbox One, we require things such as appropriate age and content ratings and concept approval. This ensures that games hit technical quality and content standards that Xbox audiences expect. This is part of our promise to Xbox One consumers. We're not looking to be censors, and if you look at the Xbox One and Xbox 360 libraries, you can see examples of the broad range of content we're excited to see on Xbox One."

Apps, not just games

The new system, while likely to draw a lot more attention to indie games on Xbox One, isn't just for game development. Because apps doesn't need content approval and the ratings are automated, the process to create a universal app that will work on consoles and computers will be slightly easier. And Microsoft does expect to see a wave of non-gaming apps come to the console. The company is just not sure what sorts of things they may be.

"I'm old-school," Charla continued. "I remember back in the hobbyist days when magazines would list programs out in BASIC and you would type them into your computer. That era created some of the greatest game makers in history. We can hearken back to that now. If you have a PC, you can now make PC games and play them on your Xbox. I think we're going to help jump-start a whole generation of developers."
Old 03-30-2016, 05:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Interesting news about the future of the preview Program

Quote:
Myerson confirmed that Xbox One is on the same Anniversary Update schedule as Windows 10 for PCs—so a mid-2016 release—and that he planned to merge the Windows Insider program with the Xbox One Preview program after the Anniversary Update. “It doesn’t make sense for these to be separate,” he said. So it looks like many more Xbox One testers will be able to live on the bleeding edge starting later this year.

https://www.thurrott.com/windows/win...-terry-myerson
Old 03-31-2016, 05:26 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Hey everybody, I bought the Elite console back at the end of December, and until recently it has been working great. I typically boot up the system while I do a few quick things before sitting down and turning on the TV, AVR, etc. That way, everything is typically up and running when I'm ready to get to it (I don't use instant on even though I know this reduces the time to boot up).

Anyway, yesterday afternoon when I did this, my TV kept saying that there was no signal. The light was on and I could hear the fan running. I tried switching inputs on my AVR to see if it was an HDMI issue, but that didn't help. Then I manually shut down the XB1 and restarted it; this got it to boot up normally, so I passed it off as a fluke. Then last night it did the same thing, only it wouldn't boot up again no matter how many times I tried. I checked all the cables and inputs to make sure they weren't the problem, and all was fine there. I checked the Xbox support site and it gave the steps to do a "cold boot" with the power and eject buttons. I did this, and it got it up and running. I put the video settings back to 1080p and made sure everything looked fine. It did, so I shut it down and rebooted it to see if the problem was fixed: again, no signal. I manually shut it down and tried booting up again and it worked fine. I tried a couple more times and it seemed to boot up normally every other try, with the "no signal" issue the other times.

I tried it again this morning, and it booted up fine the first time, so I shut it down and tried again. The second try left me with no signal. So it appears that my console will only boot up normally at seemingly random times, and that's not particularly acceptable. I'm not about to do a cold boot every time I want to use it, and if it's supposed to work, then I want it to work! Has anyone else run into a similar issue?

I bought it from Best Buy, and I paid for the extra protection, so I should be able to have it taken care of, but I wanted to see if anyone here had any thoughts. Has anyone heard about issues like this with the Elite console? I bought it hoping for it to be the better performer, but I'm worried that it actually just has issues. It's not in stock anywhere locally and neither Best Buy nor Gamestop appear to be giving trade-in values for it.
Old 03-31-2016, 06:12 AM

Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by markdavid570 View Post
Hey everybody, I bought the Elite console back at the end of December, and until recently it has been working great. I typically boot up the system while I do a few quick things before sitting down and turning on the TV, AVR, etc. That way, everything is typically up and running when I'm ready to get to it (I don't use instant on even though I know this reduces the time to boot up).

Anyway, yesterday afternoon when I did this, my TV kept saying that there was no signal. The light was on and I could hear the fan running. I tried switching inputs on my AVR to see if it was an HDMI issue, but that didn't help. Then I manually shut down the XB1 and restarted it; this got it to boot up normally, so I passed it off as a fluke. Then last night it did the same thing, only it wouldn't boot up again no matter how many times I tried. I checked all the cables and inputs to make sure they weren't the problem, and all was fine there. I checked the Xbox support site and it gave the steps to do a "cold boot" with the power and eject buttons. I did this, and it got it up and running. I put the video settings back to 1080p and made sure everything looked fine. It did, so I shut it down and rebooted it to see if the problem was fixed: again, no signal. I manually shut it down and tried booting up again and it worked fine. I tried a couple more times and it seemed to boot up normally every other try, with the "no signal" issue the other times.

I tried it again this morning, and it booted up fine the first time, so I shut it down and tried again. The second try left me with no signal. So it appears that my console will only boot up normally at seemingly random times, and that's not particularly acceptable. I'm not about to do a cold boot every time I want to use it, and if it's supposed to work, then I want it to work! Has anyone else run into a similar issue?

I bought it from Best Buy, and I paid for the extra protection, so I should be able to have it taken care of, but I wanted to see if anyone here had any thoughts. Has anyone heard about issues like this with the Elite console? I bought it hoping for it to be the better performer, but I'm worried that it actually just has issues. It's not in stock anywhere locally and neither Best Buy nor Gamestop appear to be giving trade-in values for it.
This is a shot in the dark, but try changing the 1080P setting to auto. I had a similar problem with the 360 and this helped. You should probably still return the unit as this shouldn't be happening. Good luck!
Old 03-31-2016, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmorgan View Post
This is a shot in the dark, but try changing the 1080P setting to auto. I had a similar problem with the 360 and this helped. You should probably still return the unit as this shouldn't be happening. Good luck!
Thanks. I may try that, but just a little bit ago it was still doing the same thing. It's odd because it literally alternates between booting normally and not sending a signal every other time...and that's now when the problem is first occurring. Never mind the fact that it just isn't working how it is supposed to, I'm concerned that it's just going to get worse as time goes on. At this point, I figure I'll just pack it up and take it back to Best Buy to see what they say about whether it can be fixed or not.
Old 03-31-2016, 12:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Diagnosing sucks. Exchange the One. If it still happens after the exchange you know it's not the xbox. It could be a failing cable. A failing hdmi port. Who knows.
Old 03-31-2016, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post
Diagnosing sucks. Exchange the One. If it still happens after the exchange you know it's not the xbox. It could be a failing cable. A failing hdmi port. Who knows.

Yeah, I have a Geek Squad appointment set up to deal with it, but I won't know until then if they'll do an exchange or not. The Elite bundle isn't available in my local store, and the website says that it's not available for shipping. At this point, I'd be fine to exchange it for one of the 1TB bundles that are out even if it means not having the SSHD. I can always add an external SSD later if I want.

As for the problem, I've tried different HDMI cables in different inputs on my AVR, and it still does the same thing. I've also tried the HDMI cable on my PS3, and it worked fine. I see your point though, if it still does it I'll be pretty confused. It's just an odd issue, but hopefully Best Buy will pull through on it.
Old 03-31-2016, 02:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 577 Post(s)
Liked: 3094
Quote:
At this point, I'd be fine to exchange it for one of the 1TB bundles that are out even if it means not having the SSHD. I can always add an external SSD later if I want.
Try to hang on to the Elite controller if you can....

"My advice: don't spend money on therapy. Spend it in a record store." – Wim Wenders
Old 03-31-2016, 03:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 531 Post(s)
Liked: 777
Quote:
Yeah, I have a Geek Squad appointment set up to deal with it, but I won't know until then if they'll do an exchange or not. The Elite bundle isn't available in my local store, and the website says that it's not available for shipping. At this point, I'd be fine to exchange it for one of the 1TB bundles that are out even if it means not having the SSHD. I can always add an external SSD later if I want.

As for the problem, I've tried different HDMI cables in different inputs on my AVR, and it still does the same thing. I've also tried the HDMI cable on my PS3, and it worked fine. I see your point though, if it still does it I'll be pretty confused. It's just an odd issue, but hopefully Best Buy will pull through on it.
Why not go straight to MS since BB is out of stock. You should be able to keep your geek squad on the system because your using your manufacture warranty.
kevin g. and Arutha_conDoin like this.

The 5.0 is here
Old 03-31-2016, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverJ View Post
Try to hang on to the Elite controller if you can....

I didn't think I'd care about the controller...but yeah...it's pretty awesome. At this point, I'm so used to it with COD that I'd plan to pick one up if I end up having to replace the system.
Old 03-31-2016, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mboojigga View Post
Why not go straight to MS since BB is out of stock. You should be able to keep your geek squad on the system because your using your manufacture warranty.

Eh...it's a good thought, but this is why I paid for the protection plan. I've read about people having serious issues with Microsoft's service, so I'd rather not deal with the hassle. I figure with the Geek Squad, they'll either fix it, send it out to be fixed, or offer to replace it. With a fix or send out, I believe I still have the remaining life of the plan for other fixes if they become necessary. If they replace it (or provide a voucher for the original amount paid less the protection plan price), then it's considered fulfilled.
Old 03-31-2016, 06:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Eh...it's a good thought, but this is why I paid for the protection plan. I've read about people having serious issues with Microsoft's service, so I'd rather not deal with the hassle. I figure with the Geek Squad, they'll either fix it, send it out to be fixed, or offer to replace it. With a fix or send out, I believe I still have the remaining life of the plan for other fixes if they become necessary. If they replace it (or provide a voucher for the original amount paid less the protection plan price), then it's considered fulfilled.
I get the point of why you got the protection. I do all the time from Best Buy for my products. But for something like the Xbox One, they simply replace it and send the defective device back to Microsoft who then makes that a refurbished system. Normally you go in swap out and choose to get a new Geek Squad protection on it. Best Buy doesn't fix the products they have third party or in this case MS fix the console.

Not sure what horror stories you have heard. You go to the website put the serial in they confirm send you a pre-paid shipping box send you the new console. You still have your Geek Squad protection for the new device. I would think the only thing is letting Best Buy know so they can update it with the new serial.

The 5.0 is here

Last edited by mboojigga; 03-31-2016 at 07:51 PM.
Old 04-01-2016, 05:04 AM

Quote:
I get the point of why you got the protection. I do all the time from Best Buy for my products. But for something like the Xbox One, they simply replace it and send the defective device back to Microsoft who then makes that a refurbished system. Normally you go in swap out and choose to get a new Geek Squad protection on it. Best Buy doesn't fix the products they have third party or in this case MS fix the console.

Not sure what horror stories you have heard. You go to the website put the serial in they confirm send you a pre-paid shipping box send you the new console. You still have your Geek Squad protection for the new device. I would think the only thing is letting Best Buy know so they can update it with the new serial.
I guess I just feel better about going to the store to work directly with someone who can make the process move quicker and smoother, as opposed to dealing with sending the console off to a Microsoft center and waiting, etc.

It may be a moot point now though. Last night as I was getting ready to box everything back up I decided to check to make sure it was still causing a problem so that I wouldn't...you know...look like an idiot showing up with a console that worked just fine. Well...it booted up and worked just fine. So I tried again, and again it worked fine. Four times I booted up and it worked just fine. Then twice again this morning. With that said, I'm planning to cancel my Geek Squad appointment...but watch...I'll get home tonight and it'll start causing problems again!
mboojigga and Nayan like this.
Old 04-01-2016, 05:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 696 Post(s)
Liked: 1054
Well, if it acts up again threaten it with a trip!
mboojigga and markdavid570 like this.

I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended. Please be patient and I will get to you shortly. Crap I say
Old 04-01-2016, 06:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I guess I just feel better about going to the store to work directly with someone who can make the process move quicker and smoother, as opposed to dealing with sending the console off to a Microsoft center and waiting, etc.

It may be a moot point now though. Last night as I was getting ready to box everything back up I decided to check to make sure it was still causing a problem so that I wouldn't...you know...look like an idiot showing up with a console that worked just fine. Well...it booted up and worked just fine. So I tried again, and again it worked fine. Four times I booted up and it worked just fine. Then twice again this morning. With that said, I'm planning to cancel my Geek Squad appointment...but watch...I'll get home tonight and it'll start causing problems again!
Well damn that is good. Are you in the dashboard preview beta by any chance?

The 5.0 is here
Old 04-01-2016, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Well damn that is good. Are you in the dashboard preview beta by any chance?

Nope!
Old 04-02-2016, 03:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Phil Spencer had a round table discussion at BUILD. He talks about a lot but I highlighted this section.

Quote:
So you will say Cortana instead of Xbox?

Yeah. We toyed with that back and forth, and I just think if it is going to work that way on your desktop it would be weird if it didn’t on Xbox, because the icon is the same. But when we started with "Xbox On," Cortana was over here and Xbox team was over there. We considered, should it be “Xbox, hey Cortana…” but then you end up saying 15 different things, so we’re just using Cortana.
The semantic understanding of whether what’s happening on Live… “Hey Cortana, is Mike online right now?” It goes through and considers, “He probably means, Mike Ybarra? Yes. What’s he playing right now? Okay. Join his party.” My ability to go back and forth with Cortana and understand both the context implied, and we’ve looked at games with things like, “Hey Cortana, how do I get through this level?” We know what game you’re playing. We know what character you are. We know where you are in the game from Achievements and the mapping of what’s happening in the frame, so we’re actually going to able to say, bring up all the game DVR clips of the area where you are and say, “Here’s how other people have completed the level you’re on.” There’s both the navigation of Live itself and everything that’s going on. “Hey show me what’s trending in The Division right now,” and we can instantly bring up a hit list of the things going on in The Division, or things about the actual games themselves and how you get through them. I think a lot about those opportunities.
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...evolution.aspx

Last edited by spid; 04-02-2016 at 03:49 AM.
Old 04-02-2016, 04:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Phil also said this about upgrading the hardware.

Quote:
I’m not a big fan of Xbox One and a half. If we’re going to move forward, I want to move forward in big numbers," Spencer said. "I don’t know anything about any of the rumors that are out there, but I can understand other teams’ motivations to do that. For us, our box is doing well. It performs, it’s reliable, the servers are doing well. If we’re going to go forward with anything, like I said, I want it to be a really substantial change for people – an upgrade.
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...ampaign=buffer
Old 04-02-2016, 09:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 340 Post(s)
Liked: 308
The thing that bothers me about Cortana being everywhere and always having the same trigger is that they haven't figured out a way to differentiate between devices yet.

If I'm sitting in my living room with my Xbox on, my laptop beside me, and my Lumia sitting on the table (not an unrealistic scenario, really - other than the fact I still use a Windows phone ), and say "Hey Cortana, is Mike online right now?" (as suggested in the linked article) then all three devices will trigger, with two of them saying "I'm sorry, I didn't get that".
aaronwt likes this.

XBL/Steam: JHoff80

Last edited by jhoff80; 04-02-2016 at 09:16 AM.
Old 04-02-2016, 10:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Personally, I love the idea of saying "Hey, Cortana" or "Xbox, ..."

However, after experiencing it first-hand, they need to change it to something simpler. Because I have a lot of friends with foreign accents and "Hey, Cortana" is quite an adventure. One of my friends came from Vietnam with a semi-heavy accent. And just saying "Cortana" was a contortion for her. Just like "Hello" is an adventure for a Japanese speaker (comes across as "hey-row"). If they want non-English speakers to use the feature, it needs to be easier.

Maybe something like "Hey, you, ___" or "Hi, ___"
Old 04-02-2016, 01:22 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2390 Post(s)
Liked: 1283
It can't be something that you might say to a person in the room with you. I think that they should give you the choice of "Hey Cortana" and "Hey Xbox" or just "Xbox" like it is now, with the Cortana features.

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
Old 04-02-2016, 03:23 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 2390 Post(s)
Liked: 1283
I see that Quantum Break is reviewing moderately well. Still, I think that I will wait for a discount offer. None of the download pre-order bonuses interest me; buying the disc from the Microsoft Store before the 19th gets you $15 worth of Xbox Rewards Points but no such offer for the download.

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
Old 04-02-2016, 05:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeltscott View Post
I see that Quantum Break is reviewing moderately well. Still, I think that I will wait for a discount offer. None of the download pre-order bonuses interest me; buying the disc from the Microsoft Store before the 19th gets you $15 worth of Xbox Rewards Points but no such offer for the download.
I jumped on the Digital as soon as I heard you get a free copy of on Windows 10. The only thing I am annoyed at is that I have not gotten the code yet for the Win 10 version and I want to pre-install a few days before the game drops. It's already to go on my X1, but still bummed I am waiting for the W10 code.

PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
-Ghanima Atreides
Old 04-02-2016, 05:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post
Personally, I love the idea of saying "Hey, Cortana" or "Xbox, ..."

However, after experiencing it first-hand, they need to change it to something simpler. Because I have a lot of friends with foreign accents and "Hey, Cortana" is quite an adventure. One of my friends came from Vietnam with a semi-heavy accent. And just saying "Cortana" was a contortion for her. Just like "Hello" is an adventure for a Japanese speaker (comes across as "hey-row"). If they want non-English speakers to use the feature, it needs to be easier.

Maybe something like "Hey, you, ___" or "Hi, ___"
How did you experience it? I got an update on the 18th, but so far nothing works for "Hey Cortana" I am in the preview program too.

PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
-Ghanima Atreides
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
Monoprice , Xbox One Console Day One Edition