The Official Xbox One thread... - Page 719 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 1696Likes

post #21541 of 21548 Old Yesterday, 08:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaPZ80U View Post
Well, I had my Xbox one power brick replaced at my local Microsoft Store. It still makes a sound from up close but is less distracting from my normal sitting distance. It seems to emit more of a high frequency whine than a low frequency buzz like the original one. So, maybe I can use Instant on now without it disturbing me when the room is otherwise silent.
I traded my Xbox One in for an S model. No power brick and much quieter.

Lubarsky's Law of Cybernetic Entomology: There's always one more bug.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #21542 of 21548 Old Today, 01:45 AM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Netflix won't stream content to me at 1080p24; how do I fix this?

Netflix won't stream content to me at 1080p24; instead, my TV's HUD says that it is receiving a 1080p60 signal. I know that my TV is set up for and is compatible with 24p content... a few days ago, I watched a movie on Blu-ray, and the TV's HUD said that the incoming video signal was 1080p24. Moreover, I think that when I first got my Xbox One S a few weeks ago, one of the first things I did after setting it up was download the Netflix app, set up that app, and try streaming something. When I did that, my TV reported that it was receiving a 1080p24 signal. But after a recent Xbox One system update, that is no longer happening. In my Xbox One S' display settings page, 24p is enabled. What do I do? Is anyone else having this same problem?
post #21543 of 21548 Old Today, 01:50 AM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 0
One other thing: is it worthwhile for me to get the extended warranty for my Xbox One S? I bought my Xbox One S from my local Microsoft store about three weeks ago and when I was offered the extended warranty, I chose not to buy it. I was told I'd have 30 days to buy it if I changed my mind.
post #21544 of 21548 Old Today, 04:47 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 4201 Post(s)
Liked: 2501
Quote:
Originally Posted by shobaffum View Post
The XBOne S is slightly louder than the XBOne Fat.

53TB unRAID2--41TB unRAID3--35TB unRAID1a
Sony 65x850C--Samsung UBD-K8500--Sony HT-NT3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #21545 of 21548 Old Today, 04:51 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 4201 Post(s)
Liked: 2501
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Neilson View Post
One other thing: is it worthwhile for me to get the extended warranty for my Xbox One S? I bought my Xbox One S from my local Microsoft store about three weeks ago and when I was offered the extended warranty, I chose not to buy it. I was told I'd have 30 days to buy it if I changed my mind.
I got the MS extended warranties on my two Fat units from 2013. But back then you could just easily order the extended warranty online. Now MS wants you to bring the system to an MS store(I guess when purchased elsewhere) to be able to get the extended warranty. I had planned on getting it until I read that. And have nooi desire to disconnect the systems to bring to the store for them to to examine. So now I just plan to stick with the normal warranty for mine. Which is good until November 2017. Although I probably would have picked up the extended warranty from Gamestop or BestBuy if theirs covered three years instead of two. Since the MS warranties adds two years to the existing warranty.

53TB unRAID2--41TB unRAID3--35TB unRAID1a
Sony 65x850C--Samsung UBD-K8500--Sony HT-NT3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #21546 of 21548 Old Today, 07:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 609 Post(s)
Liked: 3122
Quote:
is it worthwhile for me to get the extended warranty for my Xbox One S?
I would never consider an extended warranty on a $299 device. They pay-in risk/reward just doesn't seem worth it.

With that said, I've owned dozens of game consoles (MS, Sony, Nintendo, Sega, Atari, NEC, et al), and only two have failed/died on me: The original Xbox, and an Xbox 360.

But my Day One XB1 is still going strong.

"My advice: don't spend money on therapy. Spend it in a record store." – Wim Wenders
post #21547 of 21548 Old Today, 09:10 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 2419 Post(s)
Liked: 1290
Quote:
Netflix won't stream content to me at 1080p24; instead, my TV's HUD says that it is receiving a 1080p60 signal.

The Xbone Fat doesn't output 24p streaming video at 24Hz either. Very few devices do, including dedicated streamers. Rokus, Fire TVs and Chromecast can't (well, the 2015 Fire TV can, but only 4K content). Most BDPs can't do it and as you pointed out, they all can output video from disc at 24Hz.

I have a 2012 Panasonic BDP which can output streaming video at 24Hz (sadly, you have to enable it every time you start an app for which you want that), but in subsequent model years they dropped the capability. I also have a WD TV Live Streaming which can do it. Those both have horrendously slow old Netflix UIs. My TiVo Bolt can do it for Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, VUDU and Plex, which makes it currently my favorite streamer.

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
post #21548 of 21548 Old Today, 09:15 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1770 Post(s)
Liked: 508
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
Quote:
The XBOne S is slightly louder than the XBOne Fat.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasmaPZ80U View Post
Well, I had my Xbox one power brick replaced at my local Microsoft Store. It still makes a sound from up close but is less distracting from my normal sitting distance. It seems to emit more of a high frequency whine than a low frequency buzz like the original one. So, maybe I can use Instant on now without it disturbing me when the room is otherwise silent.
My ps4 is completely silent in rest mode but very loud with games as the fans are working hard at times. My Xbox one is somewhat noisy now in a silent room when in instant on mode and in standby. But it isn't at loud with games in terms of fan noise. In terms of disc noise both are comparable during bd playback and games. Fan noise is also minimal during bd playback for both.

All in all, the ps4 is noisy with games and the xb1 in standby. Otherwise, the rest doesn't draw much attention to itself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Monoprice , Xbox One Console Day One Edition

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page