The Official Xbox One thread... - Page 737 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1922Likes

post #22081 of 22084 Old Yesterday, 06:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 657 Post(s)
Liked: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post
Okay, just for clarity's sake on all this Atmos/Windows Sonic thing... so far, this only applies to movies? it doesn't really apply to games yet, correct? I still need to have my Turtle Beach's set as it is for gaming.

It sounds promising to have better audio from the same set of headphones.
No, you set your TB's to stereo mode(turning off their virtual surround). Then in the One's audio settings you select Sonic(you have to buy Atmos) and check the "HDMI or optical" or whatever it sez box. This allows the One to take the unprocessed stereo signal and use the Atmos or Sonic processing. I can tell you that the Stealth 500X surround is utter crap(I used to think it was pretty good) compared to the Atmos processing. I mean it's literally a true surround experience, night and day. I tried it w/ Siege last nite, and WOW. This is not a subtle difference we're talking about, it's like getting a new headset. The Atmos is a bit too tinny, it desperately needs a bass boost. I haven't tried Sonic yet. Imagine being able to buy a cheap stereo headset, and now being able to get good surround sound out of it. That must be why TB's new wireless 7.1 surround set is like half the price of their previous versions-they know people don't and won't pay for it when the One's processing better and FREE($15 for Atmos).

Xbox Live: General PATT0N

Last edited by rightintel; Yesterday at 07:04 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22082 of 22084 Old Yesterday, 07:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 844 Post(s)
Liked: 1410
so ALL games will have surround sound regardless of patching or developer intervention?

If that's the case, I'd be willing to try it for $15.
post #22083 of 22084 Old Yesterday, 08:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 657 Post(s)
Liked: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post
so ALL games will have surround sound regardless of patching or developer intervention?

If that's the case, I'd be willing to try it for $15.
They won't have Atmos unless specifically programmed, but they will all process surround in Windows Sonic.

Xbox Live: General PATT0N

post #22084 of 22084 Old Today, 08:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 341 Post(s)
Liked: 422
I'm trying to understand as well.

So, pay $15 but Atmos will still only work in apps/games that support Atmos. Is that pretty much limited to the demo app and Blu-Rays for now? Does it work for all BDs or does it have to have an Atmos soundtrack?

Windows Sonic works with all apps/games outputting a stereo signal. Is this correct?

Is it the same for Windows 10 PCs/laptops? I can choose Windows Sonic and listen to Vudu/iTunes movies in surround but not Atmos.

Do I have all this right?

PSN ID: CrimsonNagus
XBL GT: Crimson Nagus (returning to XBL with Xbox One X)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Monoprice , Xbox One Console Day One Edition

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page