post #361 of 376 Old 10-11-2014, 02:26 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1078 Post(s)
Liked: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post
demo for Disney Fantasia is out for both the One and the 360!

Meh. Harmonix is doomed--they'll never develop a property which will hit 1% of the sales of the least popular Rock Band title or Dance Central. Dance Central might keep them going but reviving RB for the new generation of consoles may be very difficult.

Mike Scott (XBL: MikeHellion, PSN: MarcHellion)

"Think of the cable company as a group of terrorist (sic)." -- hookbill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 376 Old 10-11-2014, 02:37 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 149
I hope not.... we really need this dev and game type to stay relevant. Family/friend local gaming is important to the survival rate of the next gen consoles, and gaming in general. Even the lonely PS4.
post #363 of 376 Old 10-11-2014, 02:45 PM
AVS Addicted Member

There are several family friendly games already and I'm sure that the list will continue to grow, but Harmonix is trying to stick to music-oriented gaming and the ideas that they're coming up with are pretty lame. They had to resort of crowdfunding the development of a few titles. If they don't branch out into non-music titles they may not make it.

post #364 of 376 Old 10-11-2014, 02:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 583
I'm having fun with it. at first, I had flashbacks to my first time playing DDR where I'm trying to time my footsteps with the onscreen prompts. but then once realize to just follow the beat, your feet will hit the prompts without even trying. that's what it was with fantasia. at first I was like, "do I swing now? how about now?"

It's still hard on the chaotic songs. But I think that comes to repeated play on the song to know the sequence (like learning a Guitar Hero song).

The changing of the song is pretty cool too...
mboojigga likes this.
post #365 of 376 Old 10-11-2014, 04:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 201
To be fair, they're probably sticking to the music oriented genre because they have years and years of experience in it. I mean, if you're a heart surgeon for decades, you can't just suddenly switch to neurosurgery because it's more profitable. You generally have to stick to what you know. But yes, financially they're in a whole lot of trouble.
mboojigga likes this.

XBL/Steam: JHoff80
post #366 of 376 Old 10-29-2014, 02:08 PM
AVS Special Member

didn't know about this until recently. there's kickstarter for a game that supports the Xbox One Kinect as well as Oculus Rift.

only a week left and it looks like they're not going to make it... so if you're interested, jump in fast!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ck-horror-game

Nevermind is a biofeedback-enhanced horror adventure game that takes you into the dark and twisted world within the subconscious minds of psychological trauma victims.

As you explore surreal labyrinths and solve the puzzles of the mind, a biofeedback sensor monitors how scared or stressed you become with each passing moment. If you let your fears get the best of you, the game becomes harder. If you’re able to calm yourself in the face of terror, the game will be more forgiving.

Nevermind’s goal is to create an unforgettable gameplay experience that also teaches players how to be more aware of their unique internal responses to stressful situations. If you can learn to control your anxiety within the disturbing realm of Nevermind, just imagine what you can do when it comes to those inevitable stressful moments in the real world…

Our dream for Nevermind has always been to provide as much game as possible for as many platforms as we can so you don’t have to invest in additional biofeedback hardware.

XBOX ONE VERSION
Although the game would be primarily played with the controller, the Xbox One's basic Kinect 2.0 comes with built-in biofeedback technology just waiting to be tapped into! This was one of our most common requests from the first Kickstarter campaign, and we have gotten TONS of great support from the folks at ID@XBOX. We have the kits - now we just need the funding to make it happen!

NOTE: For those of you that don’t own an Xbox One, this version will minimally help us generate additional revenue, which will - in turn - be poured back into making more great level content for Nevermind!

OCULUS RIFT INTEGRATION
We’re HUGE believers in the potential of the Oculus Rift to change immersive experiences as we know them. Furthermore, games like Nevermind are uniquely equipped to capitalize on some of the most compelling elements that virtual experiences like Oculus have to offer. For example, imagine a horror game that plays with the fact that we know exactly what is/isn’t in your peripheral vision. We can’t WAIT to bring Nevermind to Oculus, including tuning all existing content to suit the technology.

post #367 of 376 Old 11-28-2014, 06:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 417
post #368 of 376 Old 11-28-2014, 04:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Infinity Blade Saga coming to Xbox One as a Kinect game!

• Infinity Blade Saga includes almost all the stages from the original iOS versions of the Infinity Blade trilogy but with a more guided storyline.
  • The Kinect control is actually optional and it’s playable with a joypad too.
  • There’s a demo available that’s playable with Kinect 2. (Although it’s unclear if they just mean the demos at the show or if there’s actually a demo avilable on Xbox Live in China.)
  • Tencent Games have a long-term developing plan for it and it could be F2P. (Free-to-play.)
  • They plan to release it in China before or after the Chinese Lunar New Year, depending on the government approval process going smoothly.

tampabuc likes this.
post #369 of 376 Old 12-03-2014, 11:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Our family has been without an X-Box since our 360 died a little over a year ago, we really enjoyed all the Kinect games with our son who is now 7 years old. Well my thought was to get a new X-Box One with Kinect for Christmas now that it has been out for a year and had time to mature. To my surprise I am not seeing any quality family games for the ONE, it is like they completely gave up on the Kinect and families? I am missing games somewhere?
post #370 of 376 Old 12-03-2014, 12:14 PM

Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar_Mudder View Post
Our family has been without an X-Box since our 360 died a little over a year ago, we really enjoyed all the Kinect games with our son who is now 7 years old. Well my thought was to get a new X-Box One with Kinect for Christmas now that it has been out for a year and had time to mature. To my surprise I am not seeing any quality family games for the ONE, it is like they completely gave up on the Kinect and families? I am missing games somewhere?
Don't hold your breath for Kinect games. Microsoft really dropped the ball on it. Should have had several titles at launch for it. Third party developers didn't create much for it when all Xbox Ones came with Kinect so they certainly won't now that most of them sold today don't come with it.

They basically conceded this next gen battle to PS4 because they insisted on bundling the Kinect at the beginning. But for what, not games. All this just for most people to use as a "xbox record that" device?

Samsung 85" 4K, Dolby Atmos 7.1.4 with MartinLogan Theos, Stage, Motion 15, EM-R, Seaton Submersive F2, Denon AVR-X5200W
post #371 of 376 Old 12-03-2014, 12:19 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 1
I actually love my kinect. It always recognizes my voice clearly and is very snappy. I get home and turn it on with my voice then automatically logs me in and when I'm changing out of my work clothes I already have espn playing with the volume up
highd3f likes this.
post #372 of 376 Old 12-03-2014, 12:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Hard to believe they botched it that bad. The Kinect on the 360 really seemed like it called a lot of attention and was the future of gaming, they had a winner but seemed to have forgot to keep pushing it, too bad. Think I will stick to PC gaming then.
post #373 of 376 Old 12-03-2014, 01:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Sure. There's lots of motion gaming on the PC. O_o

There are Kinect family titles. Did you it even look?
post #374 of 376 Old 12-03-2014, 01:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post
Sure. There's lots of motion gaming on the PC. O_o

There are Kinect family titles. Did you it even look?

My point was that if I don't have motion control games I will stick with the PC, nothing to gain with the X-Box

Please enlighten me on the Kinect family games, yes I have looked. Other then Sports Rivals and Fantasia I don't see any, not interested in Dance and Fitness titles....
post #375 of 376 Old 12-03-2014, 04:53 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar_Mudder View Post
Please enlighten me on the Kinect family games, yes I have looked. Other then Sports Rivals and Fantasia I don't see any, not interested in Dance and Fitness titles....

Of little-kid-friendly games, there's Fruit Ninja Kinect and the recently released Boom Ball. There are Kinect features in Zoo Tycoon, Angry Birds Star Wars and Peggle 2. There are no doubt others.

post #376 of 376 Unread Today, 02:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Any word of a game like Kinect Party or Happy Action Theater coming to the Xbox One? My two little ones love that game, but it's been growing long in the tooth.

-JR
Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Xbox One Console Day One Edition

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page