Forum Jump: 
 3Likes

post #451 of 749 Old 11-29-2013, 09:22 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 191
I didn't buy Forza 5 because I felt it was a step backwards. It also seems like a lot of the features I like are gone. No store front. No drag strip. Etc etc. Am I wrong? Are these features there and I'm missing something?

GO BLUE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 749 Old 11-29-2013, 09:31 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 533 Post(s)
Liked: 680
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSY View Post

Have you seen this from Forza? You had mentioned the LaFerrari.. Does this apply to you?

"4) For those players who have purchased the LaFerrari Car Pack or the Forza Motorsport 5 Car Pass we'll gift the 2013 LaFerrari directly into your Forza Motorsport 5 garage. No need to purchase the car separately with in-game credits or tokens. (Note: In order to receive and use these gift cars, you'll need to own either the LaFerrari Car Pack or the Forza Motorsport 5 Car Pass). This gift may take up to 24 hours or longer to be fulfilled in the game and, in order to receive your gift, you will need to back out to the main title screen with the orange McLaren P1 and then press "A" to log back in."

No I did not see that before. thanks! I'll need to check it out tomorrow.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #453 of 749 Old 11-29-2013, 09:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by migraine24-7 View Post

I didn't buy Forza 5 because I felt it was a step backwards. It also seems like a lot of the features I like are gone. No store front. No drag strip. Etc etc. Am I wrong? Are these features there and I'm missing something?
I think the Storefront is coming.

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
post #454 of 749 Old 11-30-2013, 08:41 AM

Liked: 12
I'm loving this game. Granted I'm not that great at it, but I try and race as cleanly as possible. Playing with drivatars is a blast. Seeing the different behavior makes it exciting. I do have a question for the forza champs. What is the best method for a successful launch? It seems lke what ever I do, I always lag behind.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Midnight Racer
post #455 of 749 Old 11-30-2013, 08:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 154
The thing that annoys me most about the drivatars is that most of them that I've seen just ram into me all the time. Is that something that changes as I get more skilled and therefore can play against more skilled players? Or is that something that continues all the time?

XBL/Steam: JHoff80
post #456 of 749 Old 11-30-2013, 09:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 21
I've experienced the opposite. Occasionally I'll get one that rams me but not blatantly. For the most part it's prey clean racing even though the cars seem to be all over the place like real life.
post #457 of 749 Old 11-30-2013, 10:04 AM
AVS Club Gold

So how do I even access any of the cars? I did spend the $50 for the car pass. When I go to my garage it only shows that I won four cars. I don't even see the LaFerrari car in there which is supposed to be gifted. I guess it's been over 24 hours.

LED DLP

post #458 of 749 Old 11-30-2013, 10:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post

The thing that annoys me most about the drivatars is that most of them that I've seen just ram into me all the time. Is that something that changes as I get more skilled and therefore can play against more skilled players? Or is that something that continues all the time?

There is a drivatar difficulty level that you can adjust in the options. I haven't changed it but I would imagine that might help. The default is average and there is quite a few steps up you can try.

xbox live/PSN: Chad473
post #459 of 749 Old 11-30-2013, 01:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post

from what I read, as the drivers get better (and especially as they used to the tracks and thus know how to handle the turns and different situations), the drivatars will get better. I've noticed this. When the game first went live, the Turn10-tuned drivatars were well-behaved like AI. Then gamers started showing up and their crazy drivatars arrived. But the drivatars are getting better. It's not so bumper cars as they were before though it's still like online races. The first couple turns are chaos as people hit each other, then as it thins out, the room helps people drive.

The sucky part is you do have to get your hands dirty in those first couple of turns or else it's hard to win (assuming you're driving the low level cars at the start of the career; I assume as you go to higher skill cars, driver mistakes and skills will allow better passing opportunities). So I bet my drivatar is vicious as well.

I do kind of miss the peacefulness of the campaign and how it was separate from the craziness of online racing. But now the campaign feels like online racing.
post #460 of 749 Old 11-30-2013, 01:48 PM
AVS Special Member

I just read at Arstechnica that Nurburgring Nordschleife is coming back in January. hopefully it's free. wondering what other tracks are coming.
Arutha_conDoin likes this.
post #461 of 749 Old 11-30-2013, 03:09 PM
AVS Club Gold

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif Free??? That would be nice but I would be surprised if it is free.

I can't believe how much money I've already spent in this game and I'm not even a car fan.

My only big mistake was the car pack for $50. I should have spent the $50 on tokens and just bought the cars I want in game. And then spent $20 for the VIP add on. I just noticed that today. The big thing for me is that it gives you double XP(it also comes with some cars). Which is a good deal considering how much they charge for limited double XP time.

LED DLP

post #462 of 749 Old 12-01-2013, 09:20 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Don't know if he ever lurks outside the COD thread but damn you Conman, I just starred this game tonight and your drivatar gave me hell on the first Bathurst race, lol!

gamertag: xxx shiv xxx
PSN: xx_shiv_xx
post #463 of 749 Old 12-01-2013, 09:35 PM
AVS Special Member

there's a person on my friends list. he was in front of me and a car came up to his side and he just rammed him immediately, right in front of my eyes. and then I went up the other side of him and he tried to ram me! LOL. the joys of human behavior. not blaming anyone. I think all this rough riding is causing all of us to bring out our inner mad max. I should've recorded it! next time!

I bet my drivatar is insane. I know I've been driving more aggressively (road rage) because people keep slamming into me or trying to use me as the outside car as a barrier to prevent them from sliding off the turn (I've been going, fine, if they're going to hit me, I'm going to hit them back). It seems like they took away the penalties for hitting cars. But the drivatars are getting better. What I noticed is when the cars are in a pack, the cars will really jockey for position roughly but once there's some space, people drive more sanely.
post #464 of 749 Old 12-01-2013, 10:48 PM
JSY

Liked: 28
I've really become addicted to this game a little bit.. Am I crazy - but I spent a load of time buying some cars to get in before the 50% price cut ends at 11:59pm PST. Also, I found the tier awards that were given out on the website and it was nice.. Even though I had Forza 4 I am still only Tier 1 (okay, didn't play it much) but they awarded 1 million credits to Forza 5.. I also got 20k credits for Forza 4 and Forza Horizon. I guess these are the rewards they were talking about to look out for?

Also, has anyone just bought like all the cars from a particular maker just because they like the maker? I have an affinity (no pun intended) for BMW and I am drawn to buy those cars. LOL.. too bad they don't have my model in there. biggrin.gif

The drivatars are cool - it really does add the realism to it as I see cars spin out sometimes but yeah, I've had the occassional ram that is frustrating.

Of all the games I have for both XB1 and PS4, I've spent most of my time with Forza. It's addictive!

Edit: Actually after a quickie race, the website now shows Tier 2... with 162 pts to the next tier after getting an additional 55 pts since the last visit. Hmm, so I'm confused a little - should I have gotten 2 million? Or is that Tier 2 a mistake because it says my next tier I will get 2 million credits. LOL, I'm confused now. Whatever - just having fun with this!
post #465 of 749 Old 12-01-2013, 11:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 201
Any Forza fan that has been playing this a good bit care to make a guess as to how long career mode will likely take for them now that they've had a number of days to play it?

I'm kind of curious if the size of career mode has been tailored a bit to match the vehicle and particularly the track count. Something of the size of the last couple of games is going to be quite an undertaking to finish 100% with a significantly smaller track roster. Would be best with what's here that it would be more like 30 hours instead of some of the extraordinary long times some of the others can take. Forza 4 I think I was seeing 150 hour estimates (I haven't played that one yet).
post #466 of 749 Old 12-01-2013, 11:55 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 213
Getting as much time in as I can before shipping my XBO out on Tuesday for RMA (disc drive is borked). Thankfully my copy of Forza 5 was digital so I can keep playing at least. Been having an absolute blast with my Atom 500 V8.

775hp
1,697 pounds
207mph top speed

Drifts like a dream lol.

EDIT: And of course, when I go check my Tier Rewards (Tier 4) I can redeem 4 million credits for Forza 5, RIGHT when the 50% off ends... BAH!

Marafice Eye <--- All gamertags listed there - Twitch TV Channel YouTube Channel
__________________________________________________ _
Plan9Reloaded Co-host
Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast
https://soundcloud.com/plan9reloaded/sets/podcast - direct pod link
http://plan9reloaded.com/site/ - main website
post #467 of 749 Old 12-02-2013, 05:40 AM
AVS Club Gold

So now I can suddenly see my rewards. I had no luck this weekend. I see I have 3,120,000 in rewards. It would have been nice if I had received it before I spent money on tokens to get the McLAREN P1 and the LaFerrari. I wish I would have purchased more cars this weekend while they were half price.

LED DLP

post #468 of 749 Old 12-02-2013, 06:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

So now I can suddenly see my rewards. I had no luck this weekend. I see I have 3,120,000 in rewards. It would have been nice if I had received it before I spent money on tokens to get the McLAREN P1 and the LaFerrari. I wish I would have purchased more cars this weekend while they were half price.
Cars are half priced through the 3rd I Think.

PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
-Ghanima Atreides
post #469 of 749 Old 12-02-2013, 07:16 AM
JSY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arutha_conDoin View Post

Cars are half priced through the 3rd I Think.

Did they extend the date? I thought I noticed it was still half off this morning. Must. Resist. Urge.
post #470 of 749 Old 12-02-2013, 08:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSY View Post

Did they extend the date? I thought I noticed it was still half off this morning. Must. Resist. Urge.
I nabbed the McLaren P1 for about 1100 tokens. It may be reduced for VIP members for longer.

PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
-Ghanima Atreides
post #471 of 749 Old 12-02-2013, 11:06 AM
AVS Special Member

For those who may not be part of the Forza reward. Sign up here. I just signed up and didn't realize what I had been earning. I am level 3 and now have 3 Million credits being deposited to my account soon:eek:
onlysublime likes this.

PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
-Ghanima Atreides
post #472 of 749 Old 12-02-2013, 11:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post

there's a person on my friends list. he was in front of me and a car came up to his side and he just rammed him immediately, right in front of my eyes. and then I went up the other side of him and he tried to ram me! LOL. the joys of human behavior. not blaming anyone. I think all this rough riding is causing all of us to bring out our inner mad max. I should've recorded it! next time!

I bet my drivatar is insane. I know I've been driving more aggressively (road rage) because people keep slamming into me or trying to use me as the outside car as a barrier to prevent them from sliding off the turn (I've been going, fine, if they're going to hit me, I'm going to hit them back). It seems like they took away the penalties for hitting cars. But the drivatars are getting better. What I noticed is when the cars are in a pack, the cars will really jockey for position roughly but once there's some space, people drive more sanely.

Yeah I fear what my divatar is like. I try to drive as clean as possible but after a certain amount of me getting slammed around by others I just go all road ragey, not all the time, but when it does happen I am bascially playing demolition derby with everyone else on the track.
post #473 of 749 Old 12-02-2013, 12:12 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 213
A typical drive in my 1963 VW Beetle

"Son, do you know why I pulled you over?"
"I might have been going a little fast officer, my speedo did say 90"
"Son... you were doing 216 miles an hour.."
"I was?! Sorry officer, my speedo tops out at 90, I had no idea!"

789hp, 5.7L twin turbo V8 in an AWD VW Beetle... I love lapping the AI when they're in LaFerraris and Veyron SS's lol

Marafice Eye <--- All gamertags listed there - Twitch TV Channel YouTube Channel
__________________________________________________ _
Plan9Reloaded Co-host
Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast
https://soundcloud.com/plan9reloaded/sets/podcast - direct pod link
http://plan9reloaded.com/site/ - main website
post #474 of 749 Old 12-02-2013, 12:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

There is a good chance it was me. I noticed this morning when I playing that I slammed into your Drivatar (and others)during the first couple of corners. Not so much because I could, but because others were forcing me to change my line or bumping me into you. Once you get through the initial first few corners the cars seems to space out and it is not so bad. Then again I get fits of road rage when I see a friend of mine and I just want to put him into the guard rail no matter what!

PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
-Ghanima Atreides
post #475 of 749 Old 12-02-2013, 01:28 PM
AVS Club Gold

Has anyone else run into this? I had a race yesterday where I came in second. But after I crossed the finish line I went to the main Xbox screen and the game paused. Then the car stopped running and stopped on the track. This was after I had crossed the finish line. When I came back to the game it unpaused and the car started moving again, but someone else in the race had also finished and their car was in front of me. Of course after the finish line you have no control over the car.

When it showed the standings it showed that I got third place. It showed my total race time as being quicker than then person in second, who had crossed the finish line after me. So the race time showed up properly but i was only credited with third place even though I finished in second. I guess it's some kind of bug.

LED DLP

post #476 of 749 Old 12-02-2013, 06:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:

For those who may not be part of the Forza reward. Sign up here. I just signed up and didn't realize what I had been earning. I am level 3 and now have 3 Million credits being deposited to my account soon:eek:

Thanks very much for posting this. In addition to getting 4,000,000 credits in Forza 5, I also got around 120k credits for both Forza 4 and Horizon, both of which I still own. I was never aware of this program but thanks to your post I'm now the proud (virtual) owner of a McLaren P1 and a few other exotic cars that it would have probably taken me months to work up to.
post #477 of 749 Old 12-02-2013, 06:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I totally missed this post! Thanks!

I'm curious... If I redeem now but I go back and play those games more, will I earn more points? There's a lot of points still on the table unearned.
post #478 of 749 Old 12-02-2013, 09:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I totally missed this post! Thanks!

I'm curious... If I redeem now but I go back and play those games more, will I earn more points? There's a lot of points still on the table unearned.
Yea, looks like the more games you play of Forza (horizon, 3, 4) you can level up faster.

PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
-Ghanima Atreides
post #479 of 749 Old 12-02-2013, 10:12 PM
JSY

Does anyone who has the VIP membership (or the Limited Edition) know what the VIP badge and title looks like? I'm confused by the terminology and know they've had problems with VIP members getting what they are entitled to. I have that crown next to my name but it sounds like there should be some sort of VIP badge and title? I looked through the badges and titles and don't see any for VIP. Or are all they talking about is the crown?

Thanks!
post #480 of 749 Old 12-02-2013, 10:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
Quote:

Thank you for this. Got rewards for my kids and myself. Thank you.
Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Forza Motorsport 5 Day One Edition , Forza Motorsport 5

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page