post #541 of 748 Old 12-22-2013, 12:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by highd3f View Post

What's with the exclamation mark showing next to lap time in Career mode? It appears even when barely touching opponents. Of course, it's impossible not to touch other cars considering how aggressive they are, quite convincingly representing the multiplayer experience.

Also, what is the matter with that woman always explaining things when you're entering Message Center or going to Multiplayer. How do you turn her off? It's extremely annoying.

yeah, if you get involved in hitting, you'll see the exclamation mark. i think it just means you lose some bonus points for driving clean. they should make the bonus points huge for cleaning driving. that would get gamers to drive nicely.

to stop the voice explanations, there's an option on the screen (whenever she's speaking) to disable those (never see message again).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 748 Old 12-23-2013, 07:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 145
picked this up from Ebay. I was looking for a non violent game to play in front of the kids. I've never been a race sim guy really. It's been a long time since I picked up any car game for that matter. I think the last driving game was Crackdown-the first one. The rest has been either Basketball of Call of Duty.

Pleasantly surprised by this game. The picture is fantastic. Really awesome looking as many have probably seen already.

The controls are fine, it didn't really take much to learn how to drive with a controller. As long as you know how physics works in real life, controlling it with a XONE controller was fine. In fact, I was able to get 1st place in my 3rd race on the 3rd track which I think was in the UAE (in my matte red S2000)

The thing that really surprised me was how these Drivatars worked. Initially, I saw MrLittleJeans in the starting grid and I was like cool, friends are joining me. I put on my headset and I wanted to talk to him. Talking away, no response, talking away, no response. Maybe he was micless since he just had babies. Then something surprising happened, he friggin bumped me! I was like what the hell bro!?!? It wasn't just one time, but a couple times. It was time for dinner so I hoped off for a bit, fed the kids and all that.

I read up more on Forza and found that these Drivatars are basically your friends in AI form. Like Superman's Dad in that ship in Man Of Steele.

Still, it was convincing enough that I thought it was a real person.

another thing, not sure how long the replay button has been around but man, it's great, I can give up some cash to make sure I don't screw up that turn and fishtail some or lose speed because I'm going sideways or i braked too early etc. Really cool stuff there.

Definitely going to race a few more tracks and cars and leagues in the future.

I Geez Zeus Me

My life is richer for not knowing what goes on on reality television
post #543 of 748 Old 12-23-2013, 07:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 21
Did the patch drop? I put it in yesterday and into a pop up saying something was installing. Went to the game and I see no drag strip and my cash won is the same...
post #544 of 748 Old 12-23-2013, 08:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 59
I am so frustrated with the bumper cars AI that I have all but stopped playing. I turned off damage so that my car is not wrecked but It feels like I might as well be playing a need for speed title... I really hope there is a solution to this issue...

Frank J. Cone

XBox Live / Steam: FCONE

Please do not form any opinion of the content of this post, it is still in BETA.

post #545 of 748 Old 12-23-2013, 09:03 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankJ.Cone View Post

I am so frustrated with the bumper cars AI that I have all but stopped playing. I turned off damage so that my car is not wrecked but It feels like I might as well be playing a need for speed title... I really hope there is a solution to this issue...

The Drivatar thing is a blessing and a curse. I like that I'm not racing bland AI that just follows a pre-defined racing line. But they can also be stupidly aggressive.

Thankfully, after about the first half lap of any race, I'm far enough ahead (typically play with difficulty set on above average) that I don't have to worry about it. But that initial half lap I end up usually using 1-3 rewinds due to overly aggressive drivatars.

Marafice Eye <--- All gamertags listed there - Twitch TV Channel YouTube Channel
__________________________________________________ _
Plan9Reloaded Co-host
Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast
https://soundcloud.com/plan9reloaded/sets/podcast - direct pod link
http://plan9reloaded.com/site/ - main website
post #546 of 748 Old 12-23-2013, 10:42 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by highd3f View Post

What's with the exclamation mark showing next to lap time in Career mode? It appears even when barely touching opponents. Of course, it's impossible not to touch other cars considering how aggressive they are, quite convincingly representing the multiplayer experience.

Also, what is the matter with that woman always explaining things when you're entering Message Center or going to Multiplayer. How do you turn her off? It's extremely annoying.

Here's the deal on the mystical clean lap.

As soon as the race starts (you pass the flag to officially start the face) it will automatically put the exclamation up... i refer to this as a dirty lap. You are right, there is really no way to get a clean lap with the Drivatar AI, but here's how you do it, assuming you have at least 3 laps: Spend the first lap getting in first place, do everything possible to get into first. On the second lap race clean with no cars around you, never go off track, and then on the 3rd lap record another clean lap and it will actually count. I think the thought process here is that its possible if you cut a corner at the end of the previous lap if would be possible to gain more speed going into the next lap to effect the next lap time. This is pretty much the secret to setting good lap times while racing in career, I'm not a pro driver but I can get top 1-5% in the world on most tracks/classes.

However what is a load of bull is I can't count how many times I've done what I listed above, and for literally no reason the exclamation 'dirty lap' sign pops up. No cars around me, staying on the track, not using rewind.

The new modes are buggy and half baked at best.

1.) Drag races take forever to set up, for very little seat time.
2.) There will be 8+ people in the drag lobby, then the race starts and it's against only 1 person, races finish and go back to the lobby and everyone is there... WTF?
3.) In multiple instances of only maybe 50 races it started the drag race by DROPPING EVERYBODY ON THE ROOF OF THEIR CAR, again... WTF?!?
4.) Cars hopping all over the place, or even literally flying/hovering 15 feet over the track as they go down the dragstrip. Seriously?
5.) Cars being halo drag cars for no reason. Why is the RUF yellowbird so much faster in the drag races as cars with just as much power, less weight, etc. Makes no sense. I have all of the current halo cars, I'm just saying it's stupid...
5.) Tried out the Virus tag game, I started as the virus in EVERY SINGLE RACE, 10-12 times in a row. Hey game, how about you give me a shot to get gold?
6.) In all of the tag modes, every single car is on ice skates. It's the silliest thing I've ever seen. Why didn't they carry over the physics to the tag modes? It makes it a total joke, no different than some NFS BS.

All in all, the graphics are great in this game, but while the Drivatar AI makes things a bit more interesting eventually you get tired of AI trying to ram you in corners - preventing you from racing proper lines. Also, why is my Drivatar in only 3 races a day - makes no sense. The menu structure of the game is terrible, they have a lot of work to do there. Why must I load the next race before I can quit? Why are the cars all just piled together so you have to just scroll forever to get to anything? Put them in brand folders, what a bunch of idiots. There is not enough tracks, I've got all of them memorized and I get tired of doing the same tracks over and over and over, when I really only truly enjoy a few of them. Racing sims are really the only games I play these days, I'd say overall Forza is a letdown on all fronts but graphics and physics unfortunately.

Currently about level 200, 75% done with career mode. Majority of titles/badges/achievements done including online.

Home Theater Build in Progress (Contemporary living room, Klipsch RF-7 II 5.2 audio, Sony VPL-HW50ES Projector, Da-Lite 16:9 159" HP, recessed Mid Atlantic rack, etc)
post #547 of 748 Old 12-23-2013, 11:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
The exclamation mark happens for following reasons.

-More than two wheels are off the track
-Hit another car
-You are drafting OR another car is drafting on you
-Used rewind

Drafting is what gets you most of the time. That is almost impossible not to do when you are driving in traffic. You also need to be clean on the last part of the previous lap.
post #548 of 748 Old 12-23-2013, 11:33 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameboy View Post

The exclamation mark happens for following reasons.

-More than two wheels are off the track
-Hit another car
-You are drafting OR another car is drafting on you
-Used rewind

Drafting is what gets you most of the time. That is almost impossible not to do when you are driving in traffic. You also need to be clean on the last part of the previous lap.

Seriously, drafting is part of legitimate racing, we shouldn't be getting penalized for it imo, total bull.

Marafice Eye <--- All gamertags listed there - Twitch TV Channel YouTube Channel
Plan9Reloaded Co-host
post #549 of 748 Old 12-23-2013, 04:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marafice Eye View Post

Seriously, drafting is part of legitimate racing, we should t be getting penalized for it imo, total bull.
Didn't Turn 10 reward for perfect Drafting in Forza 4? Hell I thought they did for Forza 5 as well! Part of racing is drafting so you have the other do the work for you and then blow by them later...

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
post #550 of 748 Old 12-23-2013, 04:35 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arutha_conDoin View Post

Didn't Turn 10 reward for perfect Drafting in Forza 4? Hell I thought they did for Forza 5 as well! Part of racing is drafting so you have the other do the work for you and then blow by them later...

They do. I get Perfect Drafts all the time. By the way... Arutha... Your Drivatar is a dick lol. Have to rewind so many times when I come in proper for a turn only to get hit by you lol.
Arutha_conDoin likes this.

Plan9Reloaded Co-host
post #551 of 748 Old 12-23-2013, 04:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

They do. I get Perfect Drafts all the time. By the way... Arutha... Your Drivatar is a dick lol. Have to rewind so many times when I come in proper for a turn only to get hit by you lol.
Maybe you need to learn not to take my Line and then my drivatar would not hit you;) Funny I get hit by you and Onlysublime as well.

PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
-Ghanima Atreides
post #552 of 748 Old 12-23-2013, 09:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arutha_conDoin View Post

Maybe you need to learn not to take my Line and then my drivatar would not hit you;) Funny I get hit by you and Onlysublime as well.

I noticed the drivatars are behaving better nowadays. And as a result, I'm driving much cleaner than when the game first came out. My banging will hopefully age out of my drivatar profile so it'll be nicer. I was pretty darn aggressive back then because I was getting slammed from all directions when the game first came out and my road rage came out.

apologies for my drivatar! tongue.gif

I really do think they should majorly boost up bonus credits for clean driving to get good behavior.
post #553 of 748 Old 12-23-2013, 09:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post

I noticed the drivatars are behaving better nowadays. And as a result, I'm driving much cleaner than when the game first came out. My banging will hopefully age out of my drivatar profile so it'll be nicer. I was pretty darn aggressive back then because I was getting slammed from all directions when the game first came out and my road rage came out.

apologies for my drivatar! tongue.gif

I really do think they should majorly boost up bonus credits for clean driving to get good behavior.
no Apologies needed. What makes the game so fun is not knowing what to expect!

PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
-Ghanima Atreides
post #554 of 748 Old 12-24-2013, 10:48 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post

Agreed 100%. There is no monetary bonus for clean racing right now, other than bragging rights for a higher ranking for the track/class. rolleyes.gif

Home Theater Build in Progress (Contemporary living room, Klipsch RF-7 II 5.2 audio, Sony VPL-HW50ES Projector, Da-Lite 16:9 159" HP, recessed Mid Atlantic rack, etc)
post #555 of 748 Old 12-26-2013, 03:05 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 322 Post(s)
Liked: 611
Are these 3 Million points I was given going to expire? If they do then when will they expire? I will need to use them if they wille xpire.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #556 of 748 Old 12-26-2013, 07:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
I think you just have to claim them within a month. I believe, once claimed, they are yours.
post #557 of 748 Old 12-27-2013, 05:40 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyN View Post

I think you just have to claim them within a month. I believe, once claimed, they are yours.

Ok Thanks.

LED DLP

post #558 of 748 Old 12-27-2013, 08:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 145
I wish there was a way to share from the smartglass app to the sky drive to here. ARGH! My console is at home and I guess I have to upload first to be able to share.

MrLitlleJeans had a dick drivatar. I will try to show later. LOL!

I Geez Zeus Me

My life is richer for not knowing what goes on on reality television
post #559 of 748 Old 12-27-2013, 08:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeloxlong View Post

I wish there was a way to share from the smartglass app to the sky drive to here. ARGH! My console is at home and I guess I have to upload first to be able to share.

MrLitlleJeans had a dick drivatar. I will try to show later. LOL!
Oh things can get ugly on here if we show people's drivatars biggrin.gif

PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
-Ghanima Atreides
post #560 of 748 Old 12-29-2013, 01:48 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 153
I just picked this up for $39.99 but wondering if any of you have NFS:R + F5, if so do you feel F5 is worth while for someone that already has Rivals?

I am hearing F5 is a balanced mix of sim and arcade racing... true?

I am not a sim fan but I do play GT5 on the PS3 with a Logitech wheel and really enjoy that experience.

Thanks,
Jason
post #561 of 748 Old 12-29-2013, 02:19 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGamePimp View Post

I just picked this up for $39.99 but wondering if any of you have NFS:R + F5, if so do you feel F5 is worth while for someone that already has Rivals?

I am not a sim fan but I do play GT5 on the PS3 with a Logitech wheel and really enjoy that experience.

Thanks,
Jason

Forza is much closer to GT5 than Rivals... Honestly I HATE the way cars feel in Rivals. I rented it from GameFly and have played maybe an hour and haven't bothered to play it again, it just feels so.... crap to me. Forza 5 is where I'll stay.

Plan9Reloaded Co-host
post #562 of 748 Old 12-29-2013, 10:57 AM
Advanced Member

A few friends of mine finally picked up Forza 5 and we've done some experimenting.

First things first, I somewhat know why I was in so few races each day - because nobody on my friends list had the game yet. Now that they have it, I'm in a lot more races each day.

That said, I've found the payouts to be completely baseless and useless. I had my friends check my Drivatar's position before finishing each race, many first place finishes as well as a lot of 2-3 and 4-6 places. In something like 84 appearances I still only made like 12 grand. Makes no sense. How is someone supposed to get the 1 million Drivatar achievement when it doesn't accurately reward you for your actual Drivatar's performance? It certainly is not doing that and I have proof.

Baseless payouts aside, I still don't understand the Drivatar system. I'll be in a friends race, along with other people in their friends list who are nowhere near as good and with a low Drivatar sync, along with a bunch of random's from the internet. They will have their Drivatar difficulty at normal or maybe a notch up (I easily dominate playing pro level). The worst person on their friends list will/can finish well ahead of me (they really struggle at the lowest difficulty). How does that happen? rolleyes.gif In my races this guy finishes last every time, 1 race his Drivatar was in danger of being lapped LOL I've verified I have a much better lap time on every single track than each of them. The entire thing just doesn't make any sense.

post #563 of 748 Old 12-29-2013, 11:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Done Deal DR View Post

A few friends of mine finally picked up Forza 5 and we've done some experimenting.

First things first, I somewhat know why I was in so few races each day - because nobody on my friends list had the game yet. Now that they have it, I'm in a lot more races each day.

That said, I've found the payouts to be completely baseless and useless. I had my friends check my Drivatar's position before finishing each race, many first place finishes as well as a lot of 2-3 and 4-6 places. In something like 84 appearances I still only made like 12 grand. Makes no sense. How is someone supposed to get the 1 million Drivatar achievement when it doesn't accurately reward you for your actual Drivatar's performance? It certainly is not doing that and I have proof.

Baseless payouts aside, I still don't understand the Drivatar system. I'll be in a friends race, along with other people in their friends list who are nowhere near as good and with a low Drivatar sync, along with a bunch of random's from the internet. They will have their Drivatar difficulty at normal or maybe a notch up (I easily dominate playing pro level). The worst person on their friends list will/can finish well ahead of me (they really struggle at the lowest difficulty). How does that happen? rolleyes.gif In my races this guy finishes last every time, 1 race his Drivatar was in danger of being lapped LOL I've verified I have a much better lap time on every single track than each of them. The entire thing just doesn't make any sense.
Are you talking about Career Mode, Rivals Mode or Freeplay mode?
?
post #564 of 748 Old 12-29-2013, 12:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGamePimp View Post

Thanks,
Jason
If you're ever heading to the Ocean gimme a call you can stop by and take a spin in my simulator seat I threw together, its the only way to play Forza5, best sim I have ever played.

Personally I love the nasty Drivatars, they make it so easy to pass4-6 at a time the way they torpedo into each other and then you use them as a guardrail to launch from 6th to 3rd full throttle. Multiplayer is a whole other ballgame, it's like demolition derby with level 160s in beginners classes....

IMG_0704_zps43851c69.jpg
post #565 of 748 Old 12-29-2013, 03:30 PM
Advanced Member

So apologies in advance, my drivatar will probably become an even bigger dick. I got tired of rewinding over and over and over since I play with damage on full. Turned it to cosmetic only and now I'm taking my revenge!
Arutha_conDoin likes this.

Plan9Reloaded Co-host
post #566 of 748 Old 12-29-2013, 03:58 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark P View Post

Are you talking about Career Mode, Rivals Mode or Freeplay mode?
?

I'm talking about the entire drivatar system being broken.

Turned the difficulty up to "unbeatable" today, after about 20 races I have yet to lose. In fact it's still very easy.

post #567 of 748 Old 12-29-2013, 04:00 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

I'm talking about the entire drivatar system being broken.

Turned the difficulty up to "unbeatable" today, after about 20 races I have yet to lose. In fact it's still very easy.

But aren't you like in the top 1%?(or is it top .1%?) Your average Forza 5 person, like me, cannot win on the highest difficulty setting.

LED DLP

post #568 of 748 Old 12-29-2013, 04:09 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

But aren't you like in the top 1%?(or is it top .1%?) Your average Forza 5 person, like me, cannot win on the highest difficulty setting.

Yes, on most tracks/classes. But why does my Drivatar suck? My friends will start up a game and my Drivatar will lose to another friend who is terrible. Im just saying all of it makes no sense, and really I'd rather it just doesn't associate my gamer tag with some ai that drives awful. I'm not saying it has to let me destroy my friends on the game they are trying to play all the time, I just think I shouldn't be losing to peoples drivatars who can't come within 30 seconds of my lap times.
migraine24-7 likes this.

post #569 of 748 Old 12-29-2013, 04:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Yes, on most tracks/classes. But why does my Drivatar suck? My friends will start up a game and my Drivatar will lose to another friend who is terrible. Im just saying all of it makes no sense, and really I'd rather it just doesn't associate my gamer tag with some ai that drives awful. I'm not saying it has to let me destroy my friends on the game they are trying to play all the time, I just think I shouldn't be losing to peoples drivatars who can't come within 30 seconds of my lap times.
There is no way they will beat you or even come close in Rivals Mode, your top lap times are reflected in your Drivatar. Are you trying to tell me that your friends can go into Rivals Mode and race you as their rival and beat your rival? I would like to see a video of this if you are beating them by 30 seconds, I don't even think they can select you as a rival until they are within your lap times. If you're talking career then yeah your Drivatar is just a car on the track
post #570 of 748 Old 12-29-2013, 04:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

So apologies in advance, my drivatar will probably become an even bigger dick. I got tired of rewinding over and over and over since I play with damage on full. Turned it to cosmetic only and now I'm taking my revenge!
LOL yeah I'm pretty sure mine is completely out of control as well, I had a really bashful run through today but I was tired of getting third and fifth because of scrapping with drivatars so I now just go full throttle torpedo into the leaders in the curves and get in first, I really see no other way when racing clean, first place gets too much lead while 2-4 battle for second
Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Forza Motorsport 5 Day One Edition , Forza Motorsport 5

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page