post #631 of 749 Old 01-16-2014, 06:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smigro View Post

I am not sure if you guys have a list going, but I am always looking for more people to race with when I am on the XB1. Feel free to send a FR to GT Smigro.
It would be nice to have a group where there isn't one or two people that purposely crash you. If you start in the top 3 or four, you're good too go, as long as that one jaggass isn't there with you. Whats really bad is most of my Racing is done in Euro Prime time so half the people don't speak english. I've even turned my mic off because I don't want to be that guy that yells profanity into the mic the entire race but I can understand it. I only race X & P class these days because I figured maybe those classes had the least amount of that but It seems it's even worse. One spin and the best you can pull is maybe fourth. It used to be fun to try. When you do get a good group it is amazing but that's just so rare.

I'm also only proficient on 4-5 tracks so Im only challenge on Prague, Alps, Test track, Brickyard, and the Australian one ( Mount Panarama?) and sort of know a couple others well enough to be competitive
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 749 Old 01-16-2014, 10:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Well, anyone here is more than welcome to send me a FR just put int here AVS so I know. It owuld be nice to get into a lobby with poeple you know won't PURPOSELY crash...I do trade some paint every now and then!! biggrin.gif
post #633 of 749 Old 01-19-2014, 04:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 582
I finally got my IndyCar! What a beast! Can't believe you can floor it the whole way around Indy. Makes all the other cars feel like boats...biggrin.gif
post #634 of 749 Old 01-19-2014, 04:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 215
Too bad the AI and the way people online drive ruins any illusion of open wheel racing. Everyone still drives like they're in a 20 year old junker at the county fair's demolition derby.
post #635 of 749 Old 01-20-2014, 05:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post

I finally got my IndyCar! What a beast! Can't believe you can floor it the whole way around Indy. Makes all the other cars feel like boats...biggrin.gif
If you got the Lotus you can floor it around Prague, Alps, Australia, test track as well. I probably let my foot off the throttle less than 2 seconds a lap on any of those
post #636 of 749 Old 01-21-2014, 07:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark P View Post

If you got the Lotus you can floor it around Prague, Alps, Australia, test track as well. I probably let my foot off the throttle less than 2 seconds a lap on any of those

considering how expensive the Lotus is and how I just blew all my credits on the IndyCar, it'll be awhile before I get the lotus. But with the IndyCar, it should be much quicker to earn credits as I'll just drive Indianapolis forever and rack up credits like Marafice recommended. His tips was how I was able to buy the IndyCar in the first place. But I think more credits will be used toward acquiring a wide variety of cars rather than the Lotus. 2M credits is a lot!
post #637 of 749 Old 01-21-2014, 07:23 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 971 Post(s)
Liked: 827
Quote:

considering how expensive the Lotus is and how I just blew all my credits on the IndyCar, it'll be awhile before I get the lotus. But with the IndyCar, it should be much quicker to earn credits as I'll just drive Indianapolis forever and rack up credits like Marafice recommended. His tips was how I was able to buy the IndyCar in the first place. But I think more credits will be used toward acquiring a wide variety of cars rather than the Lotus. 2M credits is a lot!

is it worth it? I should still have over 3 million credits available, unless they took them away from me. So I need to use them on something.

40TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #638 of 749 Old 01-21-2014, 07:55 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 169
Well I rented a car with an 8.3 handling (scored in the ~2100 best for time) and the Lotus is a 10 so I would have to say based upon that 8.3 the Lotus must be worth it if you enjoy driving any given track as fast as possible. biggrin.gif

I want the Lotus but it's going to take a while to get there, still sitting under 200,000 cr after investing ~60,000 cr on maxing a Genesis (dumb move on my part).

It's too bad you cannot simply buy any car for like $3-$5 and it's unlocked without still needing credits / tokens. This would be great for people that do not have the time to get to the seriously insane cars.

Jason
post #639 of 749 Old 01-25-2014, 12:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I went the other way after I blew a ton of cash on several crap cars I just buckled down and got the Lotus, after that it doesn't take anything to buy cars with 70K payoffs flying in left and right. First, you go around laps so fast that you use that to rack up cash at lightning speed, I have bought an Indy Car, a P Class, and a couple lesser cars like the MaClarens in the matter of probably 2 hours of Rivals/Online Multiplayer.

My Indy car is a pile of crap with a wheel or I just never found a good tune for it yet but considering you never see an Indy car online in X Class my guess is there is no tune remotely close to the Lotus. The Lotus is like a bank account making a deposit every :43 seconds and thats not going around an oval. I'd really like to get my cash back on the Indy Car, I do better with my P Class
post #640 of 749 Old 01-25-2014, 01:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark P View Post

My Indy car is a pile of crap with a wheel or I just never found a good tune for it yet but considering you never see an Indy car online in X Class my guess is there is no tune remotely close to the Lotus. The Lotus is like a bank account making a deposit every :43 seconds and thats not going around an oval. I'd really like to get my cash back on the Indy Car, I do better with my P Class

well, I'm loving my IndyCar (never having drove the Lotus). I'll eventually pick it up. But with the IndyCar on the oval, racking up credits is easy now and I plan to first build up a big stable of cars. And down the road, I'll grind for the Lotus. I don't do a ton of online racing so spending a lot of time grinding for the Lotus isn't worth it as I don't see myself driving it a lot as I have no real affinity for F1 other than it's open wheel.
post #641 of 749 Old 01-28-2014, 07:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Got this game from gamefly today. Played it for a few minutes then sent it back. Not my cup of tea wasn't impressed. I was impressed with ryse but no this one.
post #642 of 749 Old 01-30-2014, 09:55 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Im completely disappointed in Forza 5. I loved Forza 4 that I completely stopped playing GT5, now the tide turned as Im playing GT6 over forza 5. The lack of cars, events, tracks, weather, and night racing was just too much to overcome. Even the forza vista mode is disappointing. In Forza 4 the Top Gear guys talked about the car and there was a narration about all the key aspects of the car, now there is a general story about the company that makes the car and very little detail about the specifics of the actual car. In free play you cant use any car as in previous versions, you can only use the cars you already own or have to rent from a small list of cars, this also was a big deal breaker for me. The marketplace is non existent. This game shouldve be called Forza 5 prologue, its not a true sequel. The game does look great too bad it only applies to a few cars and tracks.

PSN: AWDdsm
XBL: ORDEProject
post #643 of 749 Old 01-31-2014, 08:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 113
I must say I'm surprised that they haven't added more tracks yet, I've got like 38 days played on this game (not in actual play time, just a count of days logged in) and I haven't been playing it much at all the last 3 weeks. There is simply hardly anything for me to do in the game, I've been done with the single player mode for ages... and the multiplayer is agonizing. It's nothing but bumper cars. Why is there no way to specify that you want to race with damage enabled in MP??? Also, every time I've played MP, the last few times my car now feels like it's on ice for no reason. Car's I'm intimately familiar with in single player mode, I take to MP and it's night and day difference. It didn't used to be with this way, so I don't understand.

I'm pretty much done with this game until more tracks are released.

Home Theater Build in Progress (Contemporary living room, Klipsch RF-7 II 5.2 audio, Sony VPL-HW50ES Projector, Da-Lite 16:9 159" HP, recessed Mid Atlantic rack, etc)
post #644 of 749 Old 01-31-2014, 10:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 287
neemo6, I conpletely agree with you on this one. I have grown so tired of the same tracks that I am getting rid of the game. I hit level 68 but just have no interest in it and I am thinking about picking up GT6 today.

XBL: xGunner26x

PSN: AMER1CAN_GUNNER

Steam: xGunner26x

post #645 of 749 Old 01-31-2014, 11:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 83
I got this game from gamefly and returned it same day. Not impressed at all.
post #646 of 749 Old 01-31-2014, 11:52 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by americangunner View Post

neemo6, I conpletely agree with you on this one. I have grown so tired of the same tracks that I am getting rid of the game. I hit level 68 but just have no interest in it and I am thinking about picking up GT6 today.

Although I agree about the repetitive nature of Forza 5, I'm not sure I'll be jumping back into GT anytime soon. GT3 (on PS2) is one of my all-time favorite games, so I was eagerly anticipating the release of GT5 on the PS3. I played it once and just couldn't get into it. Now it collects dust on my shelf, and it doesn't look like GT6 has really changed much.
post #647 of 749 Old 01-31-2014, 01:56 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 65
I am both sides fo the love it/stopped loving it fence when it comes to Forza 5.

I still love the gameplay and love the game as a whole, but as with many complaints I want more tracks. Sorry, I am just greedy that way.

I understand that for SIM fans, shaving 10ths of a second by gettilng better may be what they want so having this many tracks allows them to practice, practice, practice and get good as so many, but in the long run I want variety.

I am also pissed with the car packs in such you buy them but you then have to buy them in game. What good is DLC is you buy it and cant' access it without buying it with in-game credits? I know that people may not agree with me, but I just wish there was more incentive to buy the DLC car packs and get a few put in your garage.

Anyhow, my strategy for Forza 5 longevity is to play, take a break and hit some other games, then come back it, rinse and repeat. Hopefully we see some new tracks that can be incorporated into the career soon, and not just new tracks for MP play.

Cheers,

Outtie
Leo_Ames likes this.

I don't have alot of posts since I joined AVS Forums in 2004. I mainly read the information in threads as a source of research material. - quoted from The Outcast in April 2007.
post #648 of 749 Old 01-31-2014, 02:39 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 971 Post(s)
Liked: 827
I think they would be crazy not to introduce more tracks. Especially if they can get more money that way.

40TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #649 of 749 Old 01-31-2014, 04:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
If you wanted to kill a golden goose, this is the way to do it. This is the half the game Forza 4 was, and instead of charging less for it, they had the gall to nickel and dime you on extra cars.

I may stay away from this franchise from now on.
post #650 of 749 Old 02-01-2014, 12:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

I think they would be crazy not to introduce more tracks. Especially if they can get more money that way.

Car packs are a superior return on investment. A fraction of the effort yet the fans still buy them by the boatload for a game already chuck full of cars but with a pitifully small track roster. They're going to do DLC since there's money in DLC, but they're going to do the type that's most financially attractive to them.

Especially this time around. I think fans just might embrace track DLC but Turn 10 got the DLC friendly early adapters locked in early before they perhaps realized just how few tracks this game really had once they had played it for a few hours. And with a 2 year release schedule, what real work they're doing now (I wouldn't be surprised if much if not all of this vehicle DLC was finished before release) is surely going towards Forza 6 rather than a game that will soon be yesterday's news.

The best Forza 5 fans have had for this area is a mere rumor that ended up false. You were supposed to have been able to at least be racing the Green Hell by now.
post #651 of 749 Old 02-01-2014, 03:56 PM
AVS Special Member

I finally passed Marafice for best lap time on the Indy oval! Now I'm aiming for Symtex... tongue.gif I have no idea how the best lap time is about 38.5 seconds. That's a gargantuan 3 second difference. I'm curious what that guy's setup is.

And what I finally learned is that drafting will not bring up the exclamation mark. I did a perfect draft as well as another good draft on various cars without raising the exclamation. So some other conditions are raising that warning.
Arutha_conDoin likes this.
post #652 of 749 Old 02-01-2014, 08:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 234
Quote:

I finally passed Marafice for best lap time on the Indy oval! Now I'm aiming for Symtex... tongue.gif I have no idea how the best lap time is about 38.5 seconds. That's a gargantuan 3 second difference. I'm curious what that guy's setup is.

And what I finally learned is that drafting will not bring up the exclamation mark. I did a perfect draft as well as another good draft on various cars without raising the exclamation. So some other conditions are raising that warning.

Lapping an opponent does it I think, though I'm not certain. Also, DAMN YOU! But I haven't touched my XBO in like 3 weeks. Toot much school and BF4 lol

Marafice Eye <--- All gamertags listed there - Twitch TV Channel YouTube Channel
__________________________________________________ _
Plan9Reloaded Co-host
Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast
https://soundcloud.com/plan9reloaded/sets/podcast - direct pod link
http://plan9reloaded.com/site/ - main website
post #653 of 749 Old 02-02-2014, 04:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Well I've borrowed the game from a friend , had it two days. So far I have the Lotus and 76 Ferrari unlocked in less than 24 hrs of having it and am like level 53 or close so I don't see the issue with credits everyone talks about. I do think DLC buying then rebuying in game cars is beyond stupid.

I think the AI is a VAST VAST improvement over the all AI drives and racing line every second of every lap, but also agree with the AI can get out of hand with ramming people during laps because of it. They brake check like crazy at times too for no reason , that's the most annoying part braking for no reason at all. I think that the AI is revolutionary but needs balance. Also I think it's crazy that it feels like the controller triggers have force feedback and not just rumble. I feel it actually feels slightly more stiff to gas or break at times. Maybe that's in my head but I swear it does.

I feel graphics wise sure its improvement but nothing I haven't been seeing on the pc for nearly 5 yrs. I guess you could say that about all next gen games huh. But it's cool long as it's not like looking at the 8 yr old crap of the xbox 360 anymore.

It's a solid game though arcade style F1 isn't my thing it was still cool to unlock the two and take them for a spin.

i7 4770K/16 gig 2133/GTX 680 840 PRO SSD

Paradigm Studio 100/570/20's/2200 Sub

Onkyo 809 42" LCD/Panny AE4000

post #654 of 749 Old 02-02-2014, 10:03 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I did some playing around after I read this. I went and bought a car and did rival against you to see how a non tuned car would do. I tried many different things and I was not able to beat you (Very close on the time though). The things I noticed the most was how much the line really made a difference when trying to get a fast time. When I was off you would just pull away. So I spent a good 3 hours playing with the tuning during the testing. I found little things that made a difference and was able to finally get down in the high 39's. With the tuning I did, I was able to pull away from you in the straightaways. So what ever I did made a enough difference. I don't know much about what I'm doing, but it was fun just messing around trying to beat your time. I did try downloading some tunings, but I always go back to mine in the end.
post #655 of 749 Old 02-02-2014, 11:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLUNKDM View Post

So I spent a good 3 hours playing with the tuning during the testing. I found little things that made a difference and was able to finally get down in the high 39's. With the tuning I did, I was able to pull away from you in the straightaways. So what ever I did made a enough difference. I don't know much about what I'm doing, but it was fun just messing around trying to beat your time. I did try downloading some tunings, but I always go back to mine in the end.

what a tease! so you're not going to share? tongue.gif
Arutha_conDoin likes this.
post #656 of 749 Old 02-02-2014, 09:50 PM
Advanced Member

I don't really know what I'm doing, but the few things I did was adjust the final drive to 4.04. I think that got me at my max speed in the straightaways. I think what helped the most was changing the aero. I took the rear down to all the way and the front was at 400 (front is more how you like it to turn). I'm not sure if this helped or not, but I changed the rims and made them the biggest.
post #657 of 749 Old 02-02-2014, 11:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLUNKDM View Post

I don't really know what I'm doing, but the few things I did was adjust the final drive to 4.04. I think that got me at my max speed in the straightaways. I think what helped the most was changing the aero. I took the rear down to all the way and the front was at 400 (front is more how you like it to turn). I'm not sure if this helped or not, but I changed the rims and made them the biggest.

thanks! I'll try out your tips. Now, for people who tune, do you load up different tunes per race track? Or just a specific tune per car irregardless of track?
post #658 of 749 Old 02-04-2014, 12:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 45
No matter which car you use, always tune for the track you're on.
post #659 of 749 Old 02-04-2014, 12:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithfarmer View Post

No matter which car you use, always tune for the track you're on.

so how does that work for an online race? people join a lobby for a race and then start tuning their cars before the race? I don't tune so I don't know.
post #660 of 749 Old 02-04-2014, 08:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 45
This is the first Forza game that I've owned since Forza 1 and I don't ever race against randoms online so my advice is geared strictly towards Time Attack/Rivals. I haven't raced much in the past few weeks but I was in the top 1% for most track/class combos that I put forth the effort to set times in and I really don't race anything lower than A class. I'd imagine most good racers have saved tunes for a particular car and class they use on certain tracks. It really doesn't take long to change up a particular tune for a car and I'm pretty sure it can easily be done between races.
Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Forza Motorsport 5 Day One Edition , Forza Motorsport 5