Diablo 3 - Page 5 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 3Likes

post #121 of 150 Old 08-19-2014, 03:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Can you play co-op over xbox live (remotely) or it is just split screen? thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 150 Old 08-19-2014, 03:41 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 409
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDiggers View Post
Can you play co-op over xbox live (remotely) or it is just split screen? thanks!
If you are playing locally, remotely, or any mix of the two you share one screen. It is not a split screen, but if one person wants to check stats it shows up for everyone.
post #123 of 150 Old 08-19-2014, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spid View Post
If you are playing locally, remotely, or any mix of the two you share one screen. It is not a split screen, but if one person wants to check stats it shows up for everyone.
Thanks. I just wanted to make sure Xbox live was an option and you didn't need to be in the same room to play.
post #124 of 150 Old 08-22-2014, 06:03 AM

Liked: 33
Why can I not find this game for download on the xbox 360? Is it not available digitally yet or am I missing something?
post #125 of 150 Old 08-22-2014, 08:53 AM

anyone playing this on the One? Thoughts? Thanks.
post #126 of 150 Old 08-22-2014, 09:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Reached lvl 70 last night so I have played it a bit. Looks very good, Diablo 3 is not the most detailed game by design but its Wow inspired graphics hum along at 1080P/60 without issues.

Frank J. Cone

XBox Live / Steam: FCONE

Please do not form any opinion of the content of this post, it is still in BETA.

post #127 of 150 Old 08-22-2014, 10:24 AM

Fun? I've never played the diablo games before. Thx.
post #128 of 150 Old 08-25-2014, 07:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 39
I've never played any of the Diablos before this, either, and I am really enjoying it. It is right up my alley, though, with the dungeon crawling and exploration. During the busier fights when you are surrounded it is jut a button-mashing experience for me with the hopes that something will do some major damage. I am only level 31-ish at this point and still in Act I. But again, I explore a whole new area before heading towards the objective marker. I am about to up the difficulty, but I was kind of waiting for Act II before doing that. Not sure how long Act I is, but I haven't had too much trouble with enemies in a while, and with higher difficulty comes better loot.

If you are playing this, add me to your friends list. It is fun when one of the enemies who killed a friend in their game shows up out of nowhere in yours.

Xbox/PS/WiiU gamertag: GoNats
Apple Game Center: iGoNats

post #129 of 150 Old 08-25-2014, 08:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Fun? I've never played the diablo games before. Thx.

We are having run with it. My char is 35 Paragon and my wife is 23. (Paragon is the levels after you reach 70). So its kept our attentions for some time.

Frank J. Cone

Please do not form any opinion of the content of this post, it is still in BETA.

post #130 of 150 Old 08-25-2014, 12:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankJ.Cone View Post
...(Paragon is the levels after you reach 70)...
That is good to know. This game does not do a good job of explaining things to you. I wondered when that paragon tab was going to come into play. I accidentally stumbled upon how to add gems to my weapons/armor. And at this point I don't know if it is possible to remove the gems before salvaging/selling said weapons/armor or if they are permanently attached.

post #131 of 150 Old 08-25-2014, 12:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Yes, you can remove the gems. This is done at the jeweler, but it will cost you. The better the gem the more it will cost.
dbburns likes this.

Xbox Live GT: QuasiCorn
post #132 of 150 Old 08-25-2014, 12:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Speaking of things not being explained, I have a couple of mirrors in my satchel that have magical/stat properties associated with them, but I don't know how to equip them. Are they equipped automatically just by being in my bag? They are on the same screen as my health potions, which do say "Equipped", but the mirrors don't have any indication of being equipped. When I click on them to see if I could equip one, nothing changes.

post #133 of 150 Old 08-25-2014, 12:46 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbburns View Post
Speaking of things not being explained, I have a couple of mirrors in my satchel that have magical/stat properties associated with them, but I don't know how to equip them. Are they equipped automatically just by being in my bag? They are on the same screen as my health potions, which do say "Equipped", but the mirrors don't have any indication of being equipped. When I click on them to see if I could equip one, nothing changes.
Minor spoilers, but you will pick up another follower in Act II who will be able to use those items. All of your followers will have special items only they can use. You will also find the jeweler who can remove gems in Act II as well.
dbburns likes this.
post #134 of 150 Old 08-25-2014, 12:57 PM
AVS Special Member

This is good information. Is there a way for me to give some of my weapons/armor to my followers? My first follower eventually ended up with one decent weapon (the only other weapon I ever saw him have aside from his default weapon). My new companion has a really crappy generic weapon, but I don't know how to give him a good weapon. I think he uses bows, though, and my Crusader can't equip bows, so I always salvage/sell them.

post #135 of 150 Old 08-25-2014, 03:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
This is good information. Is there a way for me to give some of my weapons/armor to my followers? My first follower eventually ended up with one decent weapon (the only other weapon I ever saw him have aside from his default weapon). My new companion has a really crappy generic weapon, but I don't know how to give him a good weapon. I think he uses bows, though, and my Crusader can't equip bows, so I always salvage/sell them.

When you click the 'back' button you get to your character screen. One of the tabs will be for follower. Use the RB to get to that. Then click on an item in your inventory to give him/her. I cannot remember of hand, but they should be able to use rings/amulets as well as the main weapon, and off hand item. If you are using the follower that uses bows, next one you pick up, give to your follower, or even better, just craft one (or buy one if you have no crafting materials). Ultimately, it may be worth your while to give some legendary items to the followers, but they do very little damage. They are useful especially if any of them have bonuses (gold find, magic find, etc but that is about it). However, the best use for your follower are the added bonuses that you pick for them, as they level up. Templar, give them equipment that boost strength, scoundrel -dexterity, enchantress - intelligence.
dbburns likes this.

Xbox and PS3 Gamertag = Xerostomia
Wii = I'm too lazy to get the number
post #136 of 150 Old 08-25-2014, 05:40 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 145
You guys are killing me with all of the positivity. This is not a game that I would normally be into but I'm sold now.

Apparently, this is a very popular game. I stopped by the local GameStop on the way home today and they were totally sold out of D3 (X1 & PS4), including 3 other stores in the area.

Last edited by tampabuc; 08-25-2014 at 05:51 PM.
post #137 of 150 Old 08-26-2014, 01:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Ah, I see now that loot is shared among my Crusader and his followers. The first half-dozen times I went to the follower tab must have been right after I unloaded my unwanted stuff to the blacksmith/merchant. Or there were no weapons suitable for that follower. I did get to the third follower in the game and was able to giver her some pretty sweet stuff.

post #138 of 150 Old 08-27-2014, 02:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
After ranking up to a Gen 10 pilot in Titanfall I switched over to Diablo 3. Loving this game - great change of pace! I really enjoyed Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance on the original Xbox and this is even better Highly recommended (and wonderful sound design!).
post #139 of 150 Old 08-28-2014, 07:02 AM
AVS Special Member

@FrankJ.Cone Thanks for the Legendary armor. It's come in handy so far. It is worlds better than the lowly Rare armor I had been wearing in those spots.

I would like to increase my difficulty again, but I think the next level is locked. I am currently at the third difficulty level from the left - I think it is called Expert. I know the next one was locked the other day. Maybe I should check again. I am currently in Act II (maybe midway through), Level 37-ish Crusader. Does it only unlock later in the game or after achieving a higher character level?

Last edited by dbburns; 08-28-2014 at 07:17 AM. Reason: Remembered difficulty name
post #140 of 150 Old 08-28-2014, 08:15 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Long time Diablo player, all the way back to the original. Have Diablo 3 on PC, but it does not run anywhere near high settings. I love it on my One. I actually prefer using the controller than mouse, and the visuals are great. I have not experienced any frame rate drops or anything. I also love, love the crusader. I named mine Sherman since he is a tank. The one thing I have noticed is that normal is way too easy. Hard seems to be fairly easy as well, and my only deaths have been lack of attention on my part. I am on Act 4 now, so I will see how the difficulty ramps up here. Having played it for hours and hours on the PC, it was really just to tide me over until Destiny. It is now my top game on the One.
post #141 of 150 Old 08-28-2014, 08:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Enjoying the game a lot. Anyone who has this and wants to friend me, of course feel free. I often have my mic on but if I do not I am not trying to be rude, I am just on Skype. My son and nephew just went back to school and I am on Skype a lot with them or my daughter in Penn.

Frank J. Cone

post #142 of 150 Old 10-07-2014, 05:23 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

post #143 of 150 Old 10-08-2014, 08:55 AM

Reall enjoying this game.
post #144 of 150 Old 10-08-2014, 02:45 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 25
So glad they are supporting the console ports with the PC patches. I am looking forward to some RIFT hunting!
post #145 of 150 Old 10-13-2014, 02:56 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
yes you can play live remotely.
post #146 of 150 Old 10-16-2014, 07:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
@FrankJ.Cone Thanks for the Legendary armor. It's come in handy so far. It is worlds better than the lowly Rare armor I had been wearing in those spots.

I would like to increase my difficulty again, but I think the next level is locked. I am currently at the third difficulty level from the left - I think it is called Expert. I know the next one was locked the other day. Maybe I should check again. I am currently in Act II (maybe midway through), Level 37-ish Crusader. Does it only unlock later in the game or after achieving a higher character level?
FYI not sure if this is what you noticed but the game will only let you change the difficulty by 1 (up or down) from what the setting was when you started the game. i.e if you start the game at Master then while in the game you can only go down to Expert or up to T1. T2 will be locked. Quit the game ......set the difficulty to T1 then in game you can go down to Master or up to T2, etc.

And now to vent................Kadala how I hate you so

Last edited by RafaelSmith; 10-16-2014 at 07:28 AM.
post #147 of 150 Old 10-16-2014, 08:11 AM

Actually, I think you need to finish Act V to increase the difficulty beyond Expert.
post #148 of 150 Old 10-16-2014, 08:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Actually, I think you need to finish Act V to increase the difficulty beyond Expert.
Yes you are correct.......I have been playing in adventure mode for a while now that I forgot that was the case.
post #149 of 150 Old 10-16-2014, 04:45 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Adventure mode is where it's at! This is more fun that just doing the Story ACTs over and over...
post #150 of 150 Old 10-17-2014, 07:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilkManX View Post
Adventure mode is where it's at! This is more fun that just doing the Story ACTs over and over...
Agreed. I have always been a min/maxer in games that allow it and I really like D3s adventure mode with the rifts, grifts, bounties, etc. While I know it repetitive ...the way they do it makes it seem less so......at least for me.

Now if they would only make Kadala a boss mob you have to ...........=P
Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Diablo Iii

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page