TitanFall (EA/Respawn, PC/XB1/360, Spring 2014, Game Informer Leak - Page 112 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 40Likes

post #3331 of 3731 Old 04-24-2014, 12:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlittlejeans View Post

Can you punch the titan and knock him out of the bubble?
nope
mrlittlejeans likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3332 of 3731 Old 04-24-2014, 02:05 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotoman View Post

It only works if a pilot gets in it and the bubble drops...it does not hurt the titan inside its shield.

That's interesting because I have seen it do damage while inside the shield, must be another bug.

Jason
post #3333 of 3731 Old 04-24-2014, 03:35 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 1051 Post(s)
Liked: 853
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlittlejeans View Post

Can you punch the titan and knock him out of the bubble?

I don't know about that but has anyone been punched hard enough that they go off a cliff while in their Titan? That has happened a couple of times to me. I was pissed when it happened but it was funny with me yelling at the Tv screen. Now I try to stay away from the edge when confronting another Titan.

40TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #3334 of 3731 Old 04-24-2014, 03:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

I don't know about that but has anyone been punched hard enough that they go off a cliff while in their Titan? That has happened a couple of times to me. I was pissed when it happened but it was funny with me yelling at the Tv screen. Now I try to stay away from the edge when confronting another Titan.

Eject! I walked off once on my own, but managed to get my eject off soon enough.
post #3335 of 3731 Old 04-24-2014, 04:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjonsnow View Post

Eject! I walked off once on my own, but managed to get my eject off soon enough.

I've had it happen a couple times where I got turned around in smoke myself and have tried to boost out of it only to end up flying off a cliff as well. biggrin.gif

XBL/Steam: JHoff80
post #3336 of 3731 Old 04-24-2014, 04:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Oh yeah, a bunch of times! It's an awful feeling - BOOM - and you start sliding and you're thinking no...no...NO....and then yep. You're off the ledge.

I've never tried to eject, I'll do that next time!

-JR
post #3337 of 3731 Old 04-24-2014, 06:11 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

I've gone off the cliff trying to dash away from other titans...doh!

In one game I was in my Titan and we had just lost. The escape ship was parked next to the cliff (I can't remember the name of the map), and when I got to the evac area there were 3 enemy Titans waiting. I quickly went up to one standing next to the cliff and punched him over the edge before firing on the other two. I can't recall if I managed to escape, but I was satisfied with having Wile E Coyote'd one of them. I would have loved to have seen his reaction.
post #3338 of 3731 Old 04-25-2014, 07:11 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGamePimp View Post

That's interesting because I have seen it do damage while inside the shield, must be another bug.

Jason

Yeah you get the reticle damage indicator but nothings happening to the titan. You can even see it in the video I posted. It looks like its doing damage based on the reticle but the shield and health bar don't change.

Xbox handle: TheRotoman
post #3339 of 3731 Old 04-25-2014, 11:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Haven't been able to play much the last couple weeks, plus I mostly stopped at Gen 5 until they fixed Gooser. Now on Gen 6 I'm stalled a little working on rodeo kills - a lot more people running smoke and staying away from pilots than when the game first came out.
post #3340 of 3731 Old 04-25-2014, 11:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 45
When it's time to GTFO of Dodge and get to the chopper, it's all about the timing:

Bad Timing - http://1drv.ms/1huRToX

Good Timing- http://1drv.ms/1mHVlxl
post #3341 of 3731 Old 04-25-2014, 12:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spid View Post

I am grinding my way through the shotgun requirements for regen last night when I ran into something from a grunt I had not seen before. A pod had dropped down and I threw an arc grenade into the bunched up group. Most of them died, but one grunt managed to survive and he started to crawl away injured. I killed it, but it struck me that one it is cool they took the time to animate something like that, and two it is really creepy to shoot a crawling bot in the face.

The more I play the game the more the grunt behavior impresses me.

I came across this Spectre executing a grunt and thought it was pretty comical how this execution imitated what I've seen in many a movie. The camera isn't quite as centered as it should be but notice how the Spectre isn't facing the grunt and without even looking back at his victim he executes him.

http://1drv.ms/1mHWTHM

It's weird but the timing seems a bit off because when it happened in real time during the game it seemed like I was a good bit further away from the Spectre when he kills the grunt and I then kill him. In this clip it's almost simultaneous.

Arutha_conDoin likes this.
post #3342 of 3731 Old 04-25-2014, 07:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
So I had my best kill ever tonight and didn't know how to record it frown.gif

I ejected from my Titan the same time the pilot on top of me jumped up high and I killed him in mid air with a drop kick smile.gif
post #3343 of 3731 Old 04-26-2014, 04:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 73
Just say "XBox record that"
onlysublime likes this.

Frank J. Cone

XBox Live / Steam: FCONE

Please do not form any opinion of the content of this post, it is still in BETA.

post #3344 of 3731 Old 04-27-2014, 09:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked: 206
I was able to accidentally select two burn cards at once today... And stupidly didn't think to record it.

I had selected the "pull rank" one to take time off my titan dropping, but then realized my timer was already around 20s anyway, so right before my five second respawn countdown ended (I know I can just press A but I was distracted by my phone for a second), I pressed Y to select a new card. It let me select a new card, the Amped Kraber, even though the Pull Rank card had already applied and taken my Titan timer to 0.

XBL/Steam: JHoff80
post #3345 of 3731 Old 04-27-2014, 09:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 64
You be the judge:

I think I split the ship in half, just before the hyper jump...
Falling Skies

"Once you learn good English...Can't nobody take it away!"

Xbox LIVE Gamertag: KEVIN G 40

post #3346 of 3731 Old 04-27-2014, 10:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin g. View Post

You be the judge:

I think I split the ship in half, just before the hyper jump...
Falling Skies

Nope. No points and a drop won't go through a ship. However, there's at least one map where the shockwave of a landing Titan can hit a low evac ship and destroy it.
post #3347 of 3731 Old 04-27-2014, 10:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 64
I know I had seen the "Evacuated" at the end, and the absence of andy points, but you can clearly see the impact point, and pieces flying....I assumed an evacuation glitch. Ah well...It was a fun experience, while it lasted.

"Once you learn good English...Can't nobody take it away!"

Xbox LIVE Gamertag: KEVIN G 40

post #3348 of 3731 Old 04-27-2014, 10:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 88
There is video of the ships being destroyed post hyper jump via satchel packs and it resulting in server drops for both sides.

I think this is in Mythbusters #2.

XBox: King Nuthin
post #3349 of 3731 Old 04-28-2014, 12:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin g. View Post

I know I had seen the "Evacuated" at the end, and the absence of andy points, but you can clearly see the impact point, and pieces flying....I assumed an evacuation glitch. Ah well...It was a fun experience, while it lasted.
I think the pieces you see flying are the "protective shield" or maybe some retro rockets or whatever for the titan when it drops. I think 3 pieces come off just before impact when a Titan drops.

AT HAMMOND ROBOTICS WE'RE BRINGING THE FUTURE ... HOME
post #3350 of 3731 Old 04-28-2014, 05:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 104
THe Lvl 6 Regen challenge: Brain Surgeon. Do you have to doom them and stay on until they explode or just stay on until they explode? I got 4 out of 5 right now, but not entirely sure which method I need to do.
post #3351 of 3731 Old 04-28-2014, 07:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 146
Finally finished me some SEcond Son, back to TitanFall as I figure out what to trade that game in for...Wii U for some Family Friendly Mario Action ( a 3.5 and 1.5 yr old) or maybe RayMan? Or maybe hold out for some Watch Dogs (basically near future Assassin's Creed)

This laser beam challenge is a pain. I have to basically "steal" Titan kills...I feel dirty!

I Geez Zeus Me

My life is richer for not knowing what goes on on reality television
post #3352 of 3731 Old 04-28-2014, 07:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 73
I played a few matches this weekend but very few. I really feel the weapon requirements just drain the fun for me. I had a match where I focused on getting satchel kills and Titan kills with the laser weapon and all the while I am saying to myself: "I am the worst teammate ever screwing around working on my Gen while my teammates are working on winning". Then I noticed over time that several of them were doing the same. We lost fairly hard and I was actually the top points in assault and overall for my team.

I went and played Forza for two hours after that. I know its artificial and there is no real benefit to the regent system but even if you decide to get off the treadmill and play the game there is no guarantee your teammates will. So right now it often ends up being everyone using specific weapons to get specific kills when the way to get those kills pretty much makes you a crappy teamamate. I really wish if they insisted on having you use the weapons they made it a time based system, I would rather use the laser weapons or twenty hours and play normally then as mentioned above wait for the opportunity to steal a kill.
tsaville likes this.

Frank J. Cone

XBox Live / Steam: FCONE

Please do not form any opinion of the content of this post, it is still in BETA.

post #3353 of 3731 Old 04-28-2014, 08:41 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankJ.Cone View Post

I played a few matches this weekend but very few. I really feel the weapon requirements just drain the fun for me. I had a match where I focused on getting satchel kills and Titan kills with the laser weapon and all the while I am saying to myself: "I am the worst teammate ever screwing around working on my Gen while my teammates are working on winning". Then I noticed over time that several of them were doing the same. We lost fairly hard and I was actually the top points in assault and overall for my team.

I went and played Forza for two hours after that. I know its artificial and there is no real benefit to the regent system but even if you decide to get off the treadmill and play the game there is no guarantee your teammates will. So right now it often ends up being everyone using specific weapons to get specific kills when the way to get those kills pretty much makes you a crappy teamamate. I really wish if they insisted on having you use the weapons they made it a time based system, I would rather use the laser weapons or twenty hours and play normally then as mentioned above wait for the opportunity to steal a kill.

I feel the same way. I can tell what gen people are just by the weapons they're using. I've also had a few bad games myself by using non-preferred loadouts (I'm currently gen 4, so that's DMR and quad rockets).

I came up with a compromise, which is to work on only one at a time. So if I'm working on the DMR, I'll pair that with my preferred titan loadout (chain gun). This has made me a better teammate, and it's also made the game more enjoyable. Obviously this will slow down my progress, but I'm okay with that. I doubt I'll get past Gen 5 anyway due to the gooser challenge. I've never been killed while ejecting from my titan in over 500 matches, so I must not be the only one who doesn't have a ton of these kills.
post #3354 of 3731 Old 04-28-2014, 09:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Liked: 741
frank, tsa,
thanks for pointing that out... i agree, there are games that i lose (i have never regen specifically because of the reasons listed above) because somebody is going for specific challenges and it is very frustrating, i am not a fan of having these types of "challenges" in MP games
post #3355 of 3731 Old 04-28-2014, 09:25 AM

Ya'll bring up an interesting point with having the regen challenges make you a bad teammate.  I'm only Gen 3 but I do feel dirty for sniping and stealing titan kills with the plasma railgun.  It's pretty much a weapon I would never choose to use voluntarily.

post #3356 of 3731 Old 04-28-2014, 02:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalsaber View Post

THe Lvl 6 Regen challenge: Brain Surgeon. Do you have to doom them and stay on until they explode or just stay on until they explode? I got 4 out of 5 right now, but not entirely sure which method I need to do.

You just have to doom them, but they have to be piloted, not auto-titans - if they climb out at the last second it doesn't count. Also, you need 50 of them. This is the first time I've felt like a bad teammate, and it's ruining my K/D
post #3357 of 3731 Old 04-28-2014, 02:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Honestly, playing attrition to get most of the challenges doesn't make you such a bad teammate.

I went and played hard point to get the critical titan hits with the charge rifle (gen 4) and got 23/30 in about 2 hours on auto titans after getting 7 in hours and hours while playing attrition.

At some point the Gen thing will die out or people will reach their tolerance and people will just play. I am still enjoying the game and winning over 50% of matches.

I'd like to do more party play so we can work together and actually make sure we are trying to win.

XBox: King Nuthin
post #3358 of 3731 Old 04-28-2014, 03:26 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 169
That's one of the many reasons I stayed at first gen level 50... to play the game and enjoy it. wink.gif

The matchmaking usually has me in matches with players that are gen 3-10 and I hold my own so I see no reason to regenerate (other than that little gen symbol).

Aside from that I keep finishing challenges every time I play so not sure what that means, maybe if I were to regen right now I would go from gen 1 to gen 3+ based upon the completed challenges (IDK)?

Jason

- - - -
post #3359 of 3731 Old 04-28-2014, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGamePimp View Post

That's one of the many reasons I stayed at first gen level 50... to play the game and enjoy it. wink.gif

The matchmaking usually has me in matches with players that are gen 3-10 and I hold my own so I see no reason to regenerate (other than that little gen symbol).

Aside form that I keep finishing challenges every time I play so not sure what that means, maybe if I were to regen right now I would go from gen 1 to gen 3+ based upon the completed challenges (IDK)?

Jason

Jason, the challenges don't carry over from one gen to the next so you would still go to Gen 2 level 1 and have to do the Gen 2 challenges again in order to get to Gen 3.

post #3360 of 3731 Old 04-28-2014, 03:55 PM
AVS Special Member

I don't understand why you wouldn't at least regen the one time for the achievement.
Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Titanfall