TitanFall (EA/Respawn, PC/XB1/360, Spring 2014, Game Informer Leak - Page 118 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 25Likes

post #3511 of 3667 Old 05-29-2014, 10:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 31
I wish that making a critical hit with the charge rifle at least gave you an audible notification. It's really frustrating to play a round, get off probably 15 shots on Titans that are in the critical phase - think to yourself that "yeah! Finally got some!" only to see that you apparently didn't make a single one.

Ugh.

Can't stand this challenge.

-JR

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3512 of 3667 Old 05-29-2014, 01:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuiceRocket View Post

I wish that making a critical hit with the charge rifle at least gave you an audible notification. It's really frustrating to play a round, get off probably 15 shots on Titans that are in the critical phase - think to yourself that "yeah! Finally got some!" only to see that you apparently didn't make a single one.

Ugh.

Can't stand this challenge.

-JR
LOL, Man I don't know what to tell you. I just started this challenge and been racking up the hits when I get the chance that is. More often than not I get the crits. I'll pay attention more to what I'm doing and tell you what I see. One time though I could swear I got the credit and there wasn't even any red on the Titan yet.

AT HAMMOND ROBOTICS WE'RE BRINGING THE FUTURE ... HOME
post #3513 of 3667 Old 05-29-2014, 04:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalownership View Post

LOL, Man I don't know what to tell you. I just started this challenge and been racking up the hits when I get the chance that is. More often than not I get the crits. I'll pay attention more to what I'm doing and tell you what I see. One time though I could swear I got the credit and there wasn't even any red on the Titan yet.

Thanks man! Maybe I'm doing something wrong - but it's crazy. I just checked and after turning level 33 and getting the charge rifle - and outfitting every single one of my pilot builds with it - and killing my gameplay to try to hit criticals with it...and now up to level 46...I have EIGHT hits. EIGHT! At this pace getting 22 more will take me weeks....

-JR

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3514 of 3667 Old 05-29-2014, 06:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 86
8 hits between level 33 and 46 isn't that bad. That was probably less than 8 games at that gen with the XP boost.
post #3515 of 3667 Old 05-30-2014, 01:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Titanfall did a mistake with the new maps. They should of had the new maps mixed with the old maps. It gets kind of lame playing same 3 maps over and over again. Just my opinion.
post #3516 of 3667 Old 05-30-2014, 04:02 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 656 Post(s)
Liked: 719
Quote:
Originally Posted by bori View Post

Titanfall did a mistake with the new maps. They should of had the new maps mixed with the old maps. It gets kind of lame playing same 3 maps over and over again. Just my opinion.

I haven't had a chance to play it since the new maps were released. I hope they keep a rotation with just the new maps so I can become acquainted with them.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3

XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #3517 of 3667 Old 05-30-2014, 04:15 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 163
The new maps will rotate in with the original maps if everyone playing has the map pack.

Jason

My Twitch Game Stream [PS4/Xone/PC]...

post #3518 of 3667 Old 05-30-2014, 06:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGamePimp View Post

The new maps will rotate in with the original maps if everyone playing has the map pack.

Jason
Yeah, I've seen the new maps rotated with the old ones quite a few times already. From my understanding I think it's just with Hardpoint and Attrition right now but they are mixed in with them.

post #3519 of 3667 Old 06-01-2014, 06:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 378
I had one those great rounds where I went 12-0. I still am not fond of the DMR, but at least it is starting to click for me. I was treating like a sniper rifle not like a multishot rifle. For some reason the game looks better over the last couple of weeks than I remember it at launch. I am sure it is just an illusion or I am noticing more detail.
post #3520 of 3667 Old 06-01-2014, 01:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spid View Post

For some reason the game looks better over the last couple of week than I remember it at launch. I am sure it is just an illusion or I am noticing more detail.

Funny, just last night when I jumped into my titan I immediately thought "wait - did they change/update the textures???" and then spent a few seconds staring at the gun, UI, etc. I'm with you, it randomly seems to look better...but I'm guessing it's just that I'm finally stopping to look!

-JR

post #3521 of 3667 Old 06-01-2014, 07:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Finally hit Gen 10, now just have to unlock all the attachments and mods.
post #3522 of 3667 Old 06-02-2014, 09:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjonsnow View Post

Finally hit Gen 10, now just have to unlock all the attachments and mods.
Congrats dude. I'm still working on level 8 reqs myself. Infact I just started on them. My gaming weekend got bombed so I got no play time. The closest I got was starting it up, sitting in the lobby ready to go only to have to quit out 10 seconds before the game as the wife came in and said "I'm ready to go now" frown.gif Thought she'd be on the phone for at least another 20 minutes.

post #3523 of 3667 Old 06-05-2014, 12:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked: 493
So this game is still sitting unopened on my desk. Is there anyone with a 360 copy who would like to play with a noob? Call of Duty was so negative and made me so negative with all the racism and sexism and nonsense that I dropped competitive multiplayer for good about 3 months ago and haven't looked back. I still play a little safeguard on ghosts but everyone I talk to says this game isn't nearly as frustrating and it's player-base not nearly as bigoted... But I'm still a little leery.

"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love."

--Carl Sagan
post #3524 of 3667 Old 06-05-2014, 08:09 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sage11x View Post

So this game is still sitting unopened on my desk. Is there anyone with a 360 copy who would like to play with a noob? Call of Duty was so negative and made me so negative with all the racism and sexism and nonsense that I dropped competitive multiplayer for good about 3 months ago and haven't looked back. I still play a little safeguard on ghosts but everyone I talk to says this game isn't nearly as frustrating and it's player-base not nearly as bigoted... But I'm still a little leery.

The TF player base is much smaller and you do not have the same level of immature behavior running rampant, if you get someone that's annoying you simply block their mic.

Not many games are as bad as COD when it comes to that nonsense.

Jason

post #3525 of 3667 Old 06-05-2014, 09:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 493
That's good to hear. I used to be able to cuss and scream with the best of them-- but more and more recently the chatter I'm hearing from others has turned pretty dark. I'm not really a sensitive person but for whatever reason this has really started to bother me and while I miss playing competitively I don't miss being a bear playing competitively. smile.gif

"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love."

--Carl Sagan
post #3526 of 3667 Old 06-05-2014, 09:59 PM
AVS Addicted Member

I don't mind the occasional curse word but as soon as things move to personal insults or racism I'll mute the player and if it is several people (even the same team I'm on) I'll simply leave the game.

Best of luck, would hate to see someone miss out on playing TF for that reason as it is a very enjoyable game (most fun I have had playing a game since Borderlands 2... which I still play redface.gif).

Jason

post #3527 of 3667 Old 06-05-2014, 10:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 557
You want bad? Go play Final Fantasy XIV. Everyone has access to an unmodded type based chat, and it can get rough. Crystal Tower is a 24 man Raid that has three teams of 8 that have to work together to win, and when things fall apart? Oh boy. Tanks and Healers tend to have the most additude since they carry the team and are the first to be blamed when things hit the fan.

As a tank, I really have to watch what I say, if I die because I didn't get healed fast enough... just saying that the heals weren't coming fast enough is usually enough to get insulted by the healer...

CoD's playerbase has nothing on a MMO fan...

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.
post #3528 of 3667 Old 06-06-2014, 03:01 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Well... as luck would have it I don't play MMO games so I would not know.

Some of the worst online behavior that I have encountered has been while playing COD (had some really immature people on Halo as well).

Way back in the day playing Quake III Arena and Unreal Tournament I hardly ever experienced any immature ranting, then Xbox hit and we all know where that went.

Jason

post #3529 of 3667 Old 06-06-2014, 07:53 AM
AVS Special Member

I'm always in a party or no mic, no reason to talk to the general populace.
post #3530 of 3667 Old 06-06-2014, 09:34 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:

I'm always in a party or no mic, no reason to talk to the general populace.

Game chat wasn't even working for me before. But now that my controller is properly updated (update controller option in the system settings tab), I am able to chat in game without having to be in a party. I find communication essential if you want your team to win unless the other team just sucks.

post #3531 of 3667 Old 06-09-2014, 03:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Just got the achievement for unlocking everything (as Gen 10, lvl 50). Some stats:

Total Games - 783
Time - 5d, 10h, 20m
Games at Gen 10 to unlock all attachments - 82
post #3532 of 3667 Old 06-09-2014, 03:57 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Congrats... true dedication and still 2 more map packs to go.

On my current pace, I will reach gen10 never.

You had one hell of a week Sir John Snow (this Sunday's game of thrones episode included). biggrin.gif
post #3533 of 3667 Old 06-09-2014, 04:04 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:

Just got the achievement for unlocking everything (as Gen 10, lvl 50). Some stats:

Total Games - 783
Time - 5d, 10h, 20m
Games at Gen 10 to unlock all attachments - 82

Color me impressed. Congrats.
post #3534 of 3667 Old 06-09-2014, 04:10 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 1394
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGamePimp View Post

Well... as luck would have it I don't play MMO games so I would not know.

Some of the worst online behavior that I have encountered has been while playing COD (had some really immature people on Halo as well).

Way back in the day playing Quake III Arena and Unreal Tournament I hardly ever experienced any immature ranting, then Xbox hit and we all know where that went.

Jason

That's cause you'd have to delay your spawn to type out a rant for those death match games. I remember reading some truly horrible things about my mom in between matches in counter strike though. I'm not a MOBA player at all, but I've also heard that it gets pretty ugly in LoL and DOTA 2. It just takes a little more effort when you've got to type it out.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #3535 of 3667 Old 06-09-2014, 05:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tampabuc View Post

Congrats... true dedication and still 2 more map packs to go.

On my current pace, I will reach gen10 never.

You had one hell of a week Sir John Snow (this Sunday's game of thrones episode included). biggrin.gif

I know nothing.
post #3536 of 3667 Old 06-09-2014, 06:06 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Perfect! biggrin.gif
post #3537 of 3667 Old 06-10-2014, 03:00 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Next TF update later this month...

Marked for Death – MFD is a 6v6 mode where one player per team is “Marked for Death”. Teams need to protect their own marked player while hunting down the enemy Pilot. Once a target is killed, new Pilots are marked. This is a fast paced mode that challenges players to fully explore maps and coordinate as a team.

Wingman LTS – This is a 2v2 version of Last Titan Standing. It’s our first non 6v6 mode and relies on teamwork and strategy. Great for players who want to play an even more tactical version of LTS.

Titan Burn Cards – Burn cards are no longer just for Pilots. Titan cards include amped weapons and enhanced Titan abilities.

Titan Customization(Visual and voice over) – Players will be able to choose between 3 Titan VO packs. “Betty” is the original voice and this update adds Lisa and Jeeves. Players will also be able to select Titan decals. You’ll unlock these as you complete challenges in the game and apply them to the front of your Titan. Our friends over at Penny Arcade were kind enough to contribute a cool decal to the mix too!

Matchmaking Updates – Titanfall now shows when players are connecting into a lobby as well as shuffling teams to keep skill levels and matches closer.

Some of the smaller changes include burn card overflow protection, new menu art and the ability for auto-titans to use smoke and particle walls.

Jason
agnathra and mboojigga like this.

post #3538 of 3667 Old 06-10-2014, 04:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 69
I am not happy to hear about Titan burn cards... Titans have classes that balance out... cards are going to throw that off for sure. Having to respawn to an burn card enabled player is not a real loss. Having your Titan wrecked by a burn card enabled Titan is going to SUCK!

Frank J. Cone

Please do not form any opinion of the content of this post, it is still in BETA.

post #3539 of 3667 Old 06-10-2014, 04:22 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 656 Post(s)
Liked: 719
Titan Burn cards sound good to me. I see it as no different than the pilot burn cards.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3

XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #3540 of 3667 Old 06-10-2014, 04:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

Titan Burn cards sound good to me. I see it as no different than the pilot burn cards.

You get a new pilot when your pilot dies, you get a pilot when your titan dies. Huge difference. Right now Titan vs Titan is so well balanced. Burn cars by design upset the game balance. As its a pilot you lose its not significant, having an amped titan melt your titan when you come around a corner means you are back to building towards a titan.

Frank J. Cone

Please do not form any opinion of the content of this post, it is still in BETA.

Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Titanfall

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page