TitanFall (EA/Respawn, PC/XB1/360, Spring 2014, Game Informer Leak - Page 120 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 39Likes

post #3571 of 3724 Old 06-30-2014, 10:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin g. View Post
I hated it as well, I had the most "marked kills" on my team, and felt like I was marked the most. The problem I see with it, is the constant switching when marked players are killed. (It seems to me that the marked player should remain marked until killed? Then switch...)

Just an observation, but the other team had pretty good strategy, and I suppose this came with experience of the game type, they seemed to save their Titans and had at least four on the map at one time, and the "Marked" player was always in a Titan...which is a definite loser if your team is all on foot.
Marked for Death feels like a game mode that came from a group of players who were always playing attrition together and decided to try something different to make it more exciting. The game mode works really well when you're playing with friends or have the entire team on voice - but public groups w/o voice can make it really frustrating.

I was playing a round the other night and my entire team was on voice. They had people dedicated to defense on the "Marked" individual, and the others went after the enemy mark. To your point about Titans, if the marked player on our team wasn't in a Titan, he'd go up high near the Titans, who'd just sit back and defend him. When the enemy would come in, the Titans would push forward and in turn move the fight away from the marked player.

It worked, and was interesting. The other team was obliterated, because my guess is they had no teamwork. I've been on that end many times, just randomly running around by myself wondering if I should go after the marked guy or try to defend my teammate.

-JR
DaGamePimp likes this.

Last edited by JuiceRocket; 06-30-2014 at 11:51 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3572 of 3724 Old 06-30-2014, 04:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Another oddity I've seen - I've been executed by other Titans even though I ALWAYS run Auto-eject. Anyone else ever have this happen. It's very rare, but it has happened.

The last time I *may* have had a sliver of life left when the other Ogre punched - I'm thinking maybe if you're close enough to being doomed, but not quite there, that an execution can be triggered.
post #3573 of 3724 Old 06-30-2014, 05:40 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 169
MfD is indeed good fun if played as a team as stated above, if random and no team effort it's just chaos and good luck once you're 'Marked'.

It's amazing that people complain about the lack of modes yet when a new mode is added it's still time to complain yet again.

TF is a great game and some of the most fun I have had gaming in a long time, I hope they keep at it and allow the community to decide what works.

Jason
post #3574 of 3724 Old 06-30-2014, 06:35 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1026 Post(s)
Liked: 846
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjonsnow View Post
Another oddity I've seen - I've been executed by other Titans even though I ALWAYS run Auto-eject. Anyone else ever have this happen. It's very rare, but it has happened.

The last time I *may* have had a sliver of life left when the other Ogre punched - I'm thinking maybe if you're close enough to being doomed, but not quite there, that an execution can be triggered.
I thought executions had nothing to do with auto eject? As long as the Titan is sufficiently depleted, another Titan can perform an execution as long as it's timed right. I've always used auto eject with the Nuclear option. I've still been pulled out of my Titan dozens of times before it ejected me.

Now I need to try and get a few "Marked for Death" matches in before I watch 24.

40TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #3575 of 3724 Old 06-30-2014, 07:28 PM
AVS Special Member

I thought you had to be Doomed.
post #3576 of 3724 Old 06-30-2014, 09:52 PM
AVS Club Gold

Boy I had some fun with Marked for Death. One match I was marked six times. We were tied and the next score would win and of course I was marked again. So I was running around and doing everything I could not to get killed. Luckily the marked person on the other team got killed just a few seconds before I did so we ended up winning. Plus there seems to be alot of XP. I was getting more Xp than I usually do from a Hardpoint game. It was a lot of fun.

LED DLP
post #3577 of 3724 Old 07-01-2014, 05:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
Boy I had some fun with Marked for Death. One match I was marked six times. We were tied and the next score would win and of course I was marked again. So I was running around and doing everything I could not to get killed. Luckily the marked person on the other team got killed just a few seconds before I did so we ended up winning. Plus there seems to be alot of XP. I was getting more Xp than I usually do from a Hardpoint game. It was a lot of fun.
Not gonna lie, I really didn't have faith in MFD going in. I couldn't be more wrong though. Only three of us were miked up in a party so no coms with the other guys but they played it like they were in on the conversation. It's a mode you'd have to adjust how you play for sure. I was fighting Titan on Titan while their marked dude was killed and the new mark was being selected. Right before I got his Titan doomed the guy was marked and I snatched him out his Titan not more than a second later. LOL. I know that dude was pissed. One thing it does show though is for this mode that mini-map is a bit too mini. Once you see those large red dots coming to you on the map it's pretty much time to write the will. Very fun mode , think I'll enjoy as much of it as I can before they move on to other modes.

And yeah seems like they were pouring out XP on it. Unfortunately being a level 50 Gen 10 pilot it's all going to waste at this point.

AT HAMMOND ROBOTICS WE'RE BRINGING THE FUTURE ... HOME
post #3578 of 3724 Old 07-01-2014, 06:37 AM
AVS Club Gold

I'm just got to Gen 4 this past weekend. I'm not sure if I'm going to try to do the challenges with the sniper rifle to get to gen 5. It took me awhile to finish gen 3. And I was on level 50 for a while. It does kind of suck to have the XP not get counted.

LED DLP
post #3579 of 3724 Old 07-01-2014, 08:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I'm just got to Gen 4 this past weekend. I'm not sure if I'm going to try to do the challenges with the sniper rifle to get to gen 5. It took me awhile to finish gen 3. And I was on level 50 for a while. It does kind of suck to have the XP not get counted.
Believe it or not the sniper stuff goes by quicker than you think. I can almost guarantee that won't be the last requirement you complete for gen 5.

post #3580 of 3724 Old 07-01-2014, 01:19 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 244
I played for a few hours last night. The new matchmaking (where it shifts players around at the last second) seems to work as far as creating closer matches. However, it's frustrating that you can't keep a good team together. If you win (even in a close match), it will always swap players for the next match.
post #3581 of 3724 Old 07-01-2014, 01:51 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
The snipers rifle was easy to complete compaired to the stupid charger rifle kills on titans I average 1 tital kill per 3 games. I end up with at least two assists per game with it though.

I never argue with fools cause from a distance you canÂt tell who is who....
post #3582 of 3724 Old 07-02-2014, 03:24 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsaville View Post
I played for a few hours last night. The new matchmaking (where it shifts players around at the last second) seems to work as far as creating closer matches. However, it's frustrating that you can't keep a good team together. If you win (even in a close match), it will always swap players for the next match.
PC...

If you are in a team where people have joined together through Origin (Shift+F1) then it does not split you up.

Jason

Last edited by DaGamePimp; 07-02-2014 at 03:03 PM.
post #3583 of 3724 Old 07-02-2014, 06:51 AM
AVS Club Gold

I noticed being split up several times last night. But the team I was on kept winning in Marked for Death. I think I was only on the losing team once last night. I certainly had a lot of fun. I did not want to turn it off. But it was getting very late and I needed to go to bed. SO when the server dropped out I took that as a sign and left.

LED DLP
post #3584 of 3724 Old 07-07-2014, 11:48 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
I just turned Gen 6 and can offer you some ideas for Gen 4 and Gen 5:

Sniper Rifle: First off, don't think of it as a sniper rifle. Rather, think of it like a DMR (which is included in it's name) and use it like a DMR. As soon as you get 10 pilot kills ditch the 40x scope and user the smaller one. The gun is quite powerful and you'll nab your kills quickly. Just don't use a run and gun approach (my ideal for this game) and take out enemies from a relative distance.

Charge Rifle: You need to get 30 critical hits on Titans which means you can ONLY hit them in the exposed red portions after their shields are down. This isn't easy - sometimes you'll actually take out a titan and it won't count (because you missed the red part) or you'll do 90+% of the work but your teammate will get the kill. Try to toss two arc grenades to take out a titan's shields first which will expose the red part. Then, it's a mix of skill, luck, and patience. Try to stay in buildings with exposed windows when possible.

Gen 5 to Gen 6 also requires the Gooser challenge which used to involve taking out 50 pilots while ejecting. This is not easy to do although I see multiple videos on YouTube which have never really worked for me. Here was my strategy: Use the chain gun with the extended mag and stand a medium distance away from a Titan (not too close or it's too hard to track the ejected pilot, not too far away or your shots won't count). When the titan puts its arms up in the "touchdown!" pose that means the pilot is about to eject. Make sure you have at least 30 rounds ready to go. When the pilot ejects DO NOT hold down the right trigger and spray and pray. You'll likely hit the pilot a few times but not actually take him out. I lost out on may kills doing this. Instead, FEATHER the trigger which increases your accuracy (i.e., fewer shots but more hits). As well, sometimes you rodeo a titan and take it out and you + the pilot eject at the same time. Be sure to feather the trigger here as well. Also, there's a video online which argues that most enemy pilots in this situation are in front of you and down from you about 15 degrees. I haven't seen this ever - I see no pattern at all.

The Gooser was hard for me - I'm pretty good at Titanfall and usually finish first or second in the lobby on Attrition (sometimes by a wide margin). However, it took me a good seven hours or so just to do the Gooser. There are so many variables which are outside of your control which come in to play here. It was rewarding when I finally did it, although I can't imagine having to do it 50 times.

Hope this helps!
aaronwt likes this.
post #3585 of 3724 Old 07-07-2014, 12:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyb09 View Post
I just turned Gen 6 and can offer you some ideas for Gen 4 and Gen 5:

Sniper Rifle: First off, don't think of it as a sniper rifle. Rather, think of it like a DMR (which is included in it's name) and use it like a DMR. As soon as you get 10 pilot kills ditch the 40x scope and user the smaller one. The gun is quite powerful and you'll nab your kills quickly. Just don't use a run and gun approach (my ideal for this game) and take out enemies from a relative distance.

Charge Rifle: You need to get 30 critical hits on Titans which means you can ONLY hit them in the exposed red portions after their shields are down. This isn't easy - sometimes you'll actually take out a titan and it won't count (because you missed the red part) or you'll do 90+% of the work but your teammate will get the kill. Try to toss two arc grenades to take out a titan's shields first which will expose the red part. Then, it's a mix of skill, luck, and patience. Try to stay in buildings with exposed windows when possible.

Gen 5 to Gen 6 also requires the Gooser challenge which used to involve taking out 50 pilots while ejecting. This is not easy to do although I see multiple videos on YouTube which have never really worked for me. Here was my strategy: Use the chain gun with the extended mag and stand a medium distance away from a Titan (not too close or it's too hard to track the ejected pilot, not too far away or your shots won't count). When the titan puts its arms up in the "touchdown!" pose that means the pilot is about to eject. Make sure you have at least 30 rounds ready to go. When the pilot ejects DO NOT hold down the right trigger and spray and pray. You'll likely hit the pilot a few times but not actually take him out. I lost out on may kills doing this. Instead, FEATHER the trigger which increases your accuracy (i.e., fewer shots but more hits). As well, sometimes you rodeo a titan and take it out and you + the pilot eject at the same time. Be sure to feather the trigger here as well. Also, there's a video online which argues that most enemy pilots in this situation are in front of you and down from you about 15 degrees. I haven't seen this ever - I see no pattern at all.

The Gooser was hard for me - I'm pretty good at Titanfall and usually finish first or second in the lobby on Attrition (sometimes by a wide margin). However, it took me a good seven hours or so just to do the Gooser. There are so many variables which are outside of your control which come in to play here. It was rewarding when I finally did it, although I can't imagine having to do it 50 times.

Hope this helps!
You're spot on with the sniper rifle. Ditch that scope asap and just start treating it as a BAR from COD. At the end of that Gen I actually wanted to keep the rifle, it becomes second nature to use it.

I'm using the same strategy you used for your Gooser challenge. I tried the charge rifle, which seemed to be favoured on YouTube, but could never get it to work. I've got one more pilot to get and then I'll finally be moving on to Gen 6.

A while ago I punched a pilot who ejected - imagine if that'd been the challenge - Gooser by titan punch!

-JR
post #3586 of 3724 Old 07-07-2014, 05:02 PM
AVS Club Gold

I've maxed out level 4 now but I haven't started on those challenges yet. Thanks for the tips.

LED DLP
post #3587 of 3724 Old 07-08-2014, 12:23 PM
Advanced Member

The challenges for level 6 are a breeze: LMG kills, 50 rodeo kills, and only 10 mag launcher kills. I started at level 1 last night and got to level 38 in less than three hours.
post #3588 of 3724 Old 07-08-2014, 01:07 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
The challenges for level 6 are a breeze: LMG kills, 50 rodeo kills, and only 10 mag launcher kills. I started at level 1 last night and got to level 38 in less than three hours.
WOW The LMG is one of my favorite weapons. Those requirements seem much, much easier than the level 4 reGen requirements.

That might be the incentive I need to move on. But I think for now I will hold off. I've been having too much fun with Marked for Death. If I try to do the reGen requirements on it I will probably not be of much use in the match.

LED DLP
post #3589 of 3724 Old 07-08-2014, 01:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
I don't know that I'd call it "a breeze"...I've been level 50 Gen 6 for a few weeks. (It doesn't help that I hate...HATE the LMG, never use the thing, even though I have a Pilot loadout all set up for it.) I'm sorry, but the damned thing just jumps an pushes all over the place, even when trying to burst fire. I just can't master it. I have everything but the rodeo's and the LMG's.
Also disappointed that they nerfed the 101, at distance. Had to take my silencer off to be effective again.

"Once you learn good English...Can't nobody take it away!"

Xbox LIVE Gamertag: KEVIN G 40

post #3590 of 3724 Old 07-08-2014, 08:57 PM
AVS Special Member

post #3591 of 3724 Old 07-09-2014, 11:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
The LMG+Rodeo Kills is nice, since you unlock that hammer with the LMG. This sounds like a much easier Gen than 5...but the 50 rodeo kills...does that mean killing the pilot inside the titan when the titan explodes? Or just getting the titan down to critical? Or staying on until the titan explodes?

-JR
post #3592 of 3724 Old 07-09-2014, 11:21 AM
AVS Special Member

You just have to doom the Titan, but it can't be an auto-titan. If the guy jumps out before it gets doomed it doesn't count. Makes it a lot longer to finish than you'd think. This was actually my least favorite challenge.
post #3593 of 3724 Old 07-09-2014, 11:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuiceRocket View Post
The LMG+Rodeo Kills is nice, since you unlock that hammer with the LMG. This sounds like a much easier Gen than 5...but the 50 rodeo kills...does that mean killing the pilot inside the titan when the titan explodes? Or just getting the titan down to critical? Or staying on until the titan explodes?

-JR
I'm pretty sure it's getting on the Titan before the pilot ejects and getting it doomed. Can't recall but I do know that the pilot doesn't have to stay in the whole time.

Quote:
You just have to doom the Titan, but it can't be an auto-titan. If the guy jumps out before it gets doomed it doesn't count. Makes it a lot longer to finish than you'd think. This was actually my least favorite challenge.
I'm very sure that as long as the pilot was in when you started the rodeo it counted.

post #3594 of 3724 Old 07-09-2014, 11:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
If the guy jumps out before it gets doomed it doesn't count. Makes it a lot longer to finish than you'd think. This was actually my least favorite challenge.
Oh man, I hope not, no-one stays in a titan when it's about to get doomed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalownership View Post
I'm pretty sure it's getting on the Titan before the pilot ejects and getting it doomed. Can't recall but I do know that the pilot doesn't have to stay in the whole time.

I'm very sure that as long as the pilot was in when you started the rodeo it counted.
Fingers crossed this is the way, otherwise this'll be a PITA.

*edit* just finished Gooser today, time to move to Gen 6!

-JR

Last edited by JuiceRocket; 07-09-2014 at 09:08 PM.
post #3595 of 3724 Old 07-10-2014, 11:27 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin g. View Post
I don't know that I'd call it "a breeze"...I've been level 50 Gen 6 for a few weeks. (It doesn't help that I hate...HATE the LMG, never use the thing, even though I have a Pilot loadout all set up for it.) I'm sorry, but the damned thing just jumps an pushes all over the place, even when trying to burst fire. I just can't master it. I have everything but the rodeo's and the LMG's.
Also disappointed that they nerfed the 101, at distance. Had to take my silencer off to be effective again.
I did just about all of the LMG requirements yesterday. I believe it's one of the worst guns in the game - extremely low accuracy. Power means nothing if you aren't landing anything! Interestingly, I've only downed 13 titans using it paired with the Slammer but downed 17 titans using the SMG. I may try the CAR SMG tonight to finish the remaining 20 and see how it compares. When using the LMG I usually get the titan down to a sliver of health and I'm taken out and therefore lose the kill.
post #3596 of 3724 Old 07-10-2014, 04:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I did just about all of the LMG requirements yesterday. I believe it's one of the worst guns in the game - extremely low accuracy. Power means nothing if you aren't landing anything! Interestingly, I've only downed 13 titans using it paired with the Slammer but downed 17 titans using the SMG. I may try the CAR SMG tonight to finish the remaining 20 and see how it compares. When using the LMG I usually get the titan down to a sliver of health and I'm taken out and therefore lose the kill.
Was the LMG a requirement earlier in the game? For some reason I remember using it exclusively for quite some time, but I could have sworn it was because I was trying to Gen or reach some sort of achievement? Or maybe I used it for no reason at all. I can't remember.

-JR
post #3597 of 3724 Old 07-10-2014, 04:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:

I read in the update that because of the fire rate, the smaller SMG was one of the quickest weapons to take down a Titan in the game...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuiceRocket View Post
Was the LMG a requirement earlier in the game? For some reason I remember using it exclusively for quite some time, but I could have sworn it was because I was trying to Gen or reach some sort of achievement? Or maybe I used it for no reason at all. I can't remember.

-JR
He was talking about Gen 6 Challenges.
I just can't force myself to use it. I thought I would hate the sniper challenges more. This is just giving me a mental block.

"Once you learn good English...Can't nobody take it away!"

Xbox LIVE Gamertag: KEVIN G 40

Last edited by kevin g.; 07-10-2014 at 05:02 PM.
post #3598 of 3724 Old 07-14-2014, 11:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Seems certain that there's going to be a "hijack the titan" game mode. Just wondering how it's going to play out.

Putting together these two pieces of info pretty much confirms it:

First during the press release for the upcoming DLC this was noted:
"The action is rapid and varied – featuring parkour-style wall running, massive double jumps and the ability to hijack titans. The freedom to shift back and forth between pilot and titan allows players to change tactics on the fly, attacking or escaping depending on the situation and extending the action vertically to new heights."
The hijack part was removed from the Titanfall offcial site in short order but some observant readers already caught wind of it.

Secondly , and probably more importantly, the PC files were opened and this was found:
http://titanfallblog.com/2014/06/30/...newest-update/

"
Users on NeoGAF have found new game modes within Titanfall’s game files that have not yet been announced as of now. These were found in the PC files with the latest update that released last week.
The first two modes found were already announced, with Marked for Death already available. Last Titan Standing 2v2 will be added soon.
  • Wingman Last Titan Standing - Last team with Titans standing wins
  • Marked for Death - Kill the marked pilot
  • Titan Tag - No description
  • Capture the Titan - Capture the Titan and bring it to your base
  • Bodyguard (TITAN_ESCORT) - No description
  • Big Brother - Attack and defend the control panel
The last four are new modes that have yet to be revealed and could probably be in testing right now. As of now, there’s no confirmation as to if these will end up in game, or just remain as testing modes.
Each of the modes have text associated with them."
aaronwt likes this.

post #3599 of 3724 Old 07-17-2014, 05:19 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
I picked up and am currently reading Titanfall: The Final Hours - by Geoff Keighley. I was about to pull the trigger on the eBook from Amazon, then found out about the book in App form. I picked it up from the Play store for 99c. It's well worth it at the price. It's a fascinating account of how the game almost didn't come to be and why the decision was made to go multi player only.
Interestingly, initially, the single player campaign was the primary focus.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=titanfall.and
post #3600 of 3724 Old 07-23-2014, 05:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 204
They just announced the Black Market will be added in a future update:

http://www.titanfall.com/news/titanf...e-black-market

(One thing I was happy to see is that they specifically mention that there will never be a way to buy these in-game credits with real money).

XBL/Steam: JHoff80
Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Titanfall