TitanFall (EA/Respawn, PC/XB1/360, Spring 2014, Game Informer Leak - Page 124 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 35Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #3691 of 3709 Old 10-24-2014, 09:08 AM
AVS Special Member
 
JuiceRocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Manhattan Beach, California
Posts: 4,712
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 32
I played Frontier last night (one map only) and we finished the waves, first try. It was fun, a nice way to have a different game mode. I think more Waves would make sense, since it did seem a little short.

Is the player numbers that are shown in the game modes correct? If so - the game is seriously lacking in players. It said there were only 1333 total players in my "region", which I'm assuming is the US? That can't be right. One game mode had less than 100 players...really?

-JR
JuiceRocket is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3692 of 3709 Old 10-24-2014, 09:23 AM
AVS Special Member
 
kevin g.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,382
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 52
So the update is live? I must have read the post wrong.

Quote:
I played Frontier last night (one map only) and we finished the waves, first try. It was fun, a nice way to have a different game mode. I think more Waves would make sense, since it did seem a little short.

Is the player numbers that are shown in the game modes correct? If so - the game is seriously lacking in players. It said there were only 1333 total players in my "region", which I'm assuming is the US? That can't be right. One game mode had less than 100 players...really?
Is the horde mode matchmade? Or can you do it yourself? I would guess since the game is totally online...matchmade.
I would also assume the numbers are somewhat glitched, even when the game was new, the numbers never seemed to be correctly reported. But I am sure it has dropped off quite a bit. Just based on my FL alone, many have moved on to Destiny.

"Once you learn good English...Can't nobody take it away!"

Xbox LIVE Gamertag: KEVIN G 40

kevin g. is offline  
post #3693 of 3709 Old 10-24-2014, 09:57 AM
AVS Special Member
 
JuiceRocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Manhattan Beach, California
Posts: 4,712
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin g. View Post
So the update is live? I must have read the post wrong.

Is the horde mode matchmade? Or can you do it yourself? I would guess since the game is totally online...matchmade.
I would also assume the numbers are somewhat glitched, even when the game was new, the numbers never seemed to be correctly reported. But I am sure it has dropped off quite a bit. Just based on my FL alone, many have moved on to Destiny.
Yep, the update is live, mine updated last night when I turned the game on.

When I selected Frontier mode, it threw me in a server with 3 people (lobby). I backed out since I didn't have voice (and they all did), and joined a new one a few seconds later. I was the first in the lobby, then it populated with the max of 4 players.

The suicide spectres remind me of the beheaded kamikaze's of Serious Sam.

Did anyone download any of the new Titan voices? I downloaded the Japanese one to give it a shot.

-JR
JuiceRocket is offline  
post #3694 of 3709 Old 10-24-2014, 09:58 AM
AVS Special Member
 
JuiceRocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Manhattan Beach, California
Posts: 4,712
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin g. View Post
So the update is live? I must have read the post wrong.

Is the horde mode matchmade? Or can you do it yourself? I would guess since the game is totally online...matchmade.
I would also assume the numbers are somewhat glitched, even when the game was new, the numbers never seemed to be correctly reported. But I am sure it has dropped off quite a bit. Just based on my FL alone, many have moved on to Destiny.
Yep, the update is live, mine updated last night when I turned the game on.

When I selected Frontier mode, it threw me in a server with 3 people (lobby). I backed out since I didn't have voice (and they all did), and joined a new one a few seconds later. I was the first in the lobby, then it populated with the max of 4 players.

The suicide specters remind me of the beheaded kamikaze's of Serious Sam.

Did anyone download any of the new Titan voices? I downloaded the Japanese one to give it a shot.

-JR
JuiceRocket is offline  
post #3695 of 3709 Old 10-24-2014, 11:44 AM
Member
 
MilkManX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: AZ USA
Posts: 135
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Frontier is fun. Different maps make the challenges different. I don't remember the name of the first map I tried but my team easily won and we got a 3 star rank. Some of the other maps were a lot harder to do that on. Mortar Titans are butt heads.
MilkManX is offline  
post #3696 of 3709 Old 10-26-2014, 06:09 PM
AVS Special Member
 
JuiceRocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Manhattan Beach, California
Posts: 4,712
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilkManX View Post
Frontier is fun. Different maps make the challenges different. I don't remember the name of the first map I tried but my team easily won and we got a 3 star rank. Some of the other maps were a lot harder to do that on. Mortar Titans are butt heads.
I find that the nuke titans are really tough when they come in clusters. Takes some good teamwork to keep them away sometimes.

I was hoping frontier mode would let me breeze through the Gen 8 challenges of wins and crushing people - but the wins don't count (which makes sense since it's against AI), and dropping is harder since it seems that the AI does more damage.

Anyway, I played a bunch of Frontier matches last night and still enjoyed it.

No matter if you enjoy it, it's very cool to see them put this much work into all of these new modes/features and good stuff.

-JR
MilkManX likes this.
JuiceRocket is offline  
post #3697 of 3709 Old 10-28-2014, 08:57 PM
AVS Special Member
 
onlysublime's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Orange County
Posts: 4,794
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 546
big Titanfall sale. game is 50% off at $25 while the season pass is only $8.25!!!

horde mode makes the season pass worth it to me...
MilkManX likes this.
onlysublime is offline  
post #3698 of 3709 Old 10-28-2014, 09:04 PM
Senior Member
 
Kenshiro 26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Defending the Ark
Posts: 318
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post
big Titanfall sale. game is 50% off at $25 while the season pass is only $8.25!!!

horde mode makes the season pass worth it to me...
Are those prices for the XBOX One version, 360?

Origin lists the PC version as $14.99 for the game, $17.49 for the Season Pass.

PSN Username - Kenshiro26
XBOX LIVE Gamertag - Kenshiro 26
Steam Username - Kenshiro_26
Origin ID - Kenshiro26

Last edited by Kenshiro 26; 10-28-2014 at 09:09 PM.
Kenshiro 26 is online now  
post #3699 of 3709 Old 10-28-2014, 10:06 PM
AVS Special Member
 
onlysublime's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Orange County
Posts: 4,794
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 546
Xbox One. 360 version is not on sale.
onlysublime is offline  
post #3700 of 3709 Old Yesterday, 08:17 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
bd2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 10,656
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 339 Post(s)
Liked: 1430
Are the dlc maps rolled into the main playlist, or do you need to pick the DLC specific playlists?

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
bd2003 is online now  
post #3701 of 3709 Old Yesterday, 11:03 AM
AVS Special Member
 
JuiceRocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Manhattan Beach, California
Posts: 4,712
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post
Are the dlc maps rolled into the main playlist, or do you need to pick the DLC specific playlists?
You can select specific DLC packs by game type, but I'm not sure if they're in regular rotation.

-JR
JuiceRocket is offline  
post #3702 of 3709 Old Yesterday, 12:55 PM
AVS Special Member
 
sirjonsnow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,529
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 91
The first two map packs are included in the main playlists.
sirjonsnow is online now  
post #3703 of 3709 Old Yesterday, 01:53 PM
AVS Special Member
 
JuiceRocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Manhattan Beach, California
Posts: 4,712
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjonsnow View Post
The first two map packs are included in the main playlists.
Thanks for sharing!

They should really remove the player count numbers (region & worldwide). It just depresses me - I was happier not knowing that there are only 466 people in the world playing Hardpoint right now. If I'd never seen the numbers I'd have thought it was pretty thriving, not like I recognize a lot of the player names, and there are still plenty of L1/L2 players to make it seem like new ones are joining up all the time.

Even worse is the Variety Pack - Frontier's Edge with a whopping 120 people worldwide playing it.

-JR
JuiceRocket is offline  
post #3704 of 3709 Old Yesterday, 02:02 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
bd2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 10,656
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 339 Post(s)
Liked: 1430
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuiceRocket View Post
Thanks for sharing!



They should really remove the player count numbers (region & worldwide). It just depresses me - I was happier not knowing that there are only 466 people in the world playing Hardpoint right now. If I'd never seen the numbers I'd have thought it was pretty thriving, not like I recognize a lot of the player names, and there are still plenty of L1/L2 players to make it seem like new ones are joining up all the time.



Even worse is the Variety Pack - Frontier's Edge with a whopping 120 people worldwide playing it.



-JR

Lol, that's the reason I asked...when I fired it up to play after the last update, there were literally *zero* players in the DLC playlists on PC.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
bd2003 is online now  
post #3705 of 3709 Old Yesterday, 02:28 PM
AVS Special Member
 
JuiceRocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Manhattan Beach, California
Posts: 4,712
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post
Lol, that's the reason I asked...when I fired it up to play after the last update, there were literally *zero* players in the DLC playlists on PC.
Yikes.

Over 3 million copies sitting around the world and this few players? Is that even possible?

Regardless, I'm going to ignore the numbers and keep playing. As a hardpoint fan I haven't noticed any issue in finding a full server.

-JR
JuiceRocket is offline  
post #3706 of 3709 Old Yesterday, 07:29 PM
AVS Special Member
 
deveng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 1,585
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post
big Titanfall sale. game is 50% off at $25 while the season pass is only $8.25!!!

horde mode makes the season pass worth it to me...

Just logged onto my console and bought the season pass. It showed up as $6.25, so even better. Also Titanfall the game is showing up as $25.00. (Maybe everyone knows this already).


This is perfect for me, as personally I think Titanfall is the better game (Destiny is just a continuous grind) and I have been waiting for the season pass to go on sale.

Xbox and PS3 Gamertag = Xerostomia
Wii = I'm too lazy to get the number
deveng is online now  
post #3707 of 3709 Old Yesterday, 10:37 PM
AVS Special Member
 
onlysublime's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Orange County
Posts: 4,794
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 546
$6.25???

OMG, I got ripped off...
onlysublime is offline  
post #3708 of 3709 Old Today, 05:51 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
bd2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 10,656
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 339 Post(s)
Liked: 1430
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuiceRocket View Post
Yikes.



Over 3 million copies sitting around the world and this few players? Is that even possible?



Regardless, I'm going to ignore the numbers and keep playing. As a hardpoint fan I haven't noticed any issue in finding a full server.



-JR

There were a few thousand in the other playlists, wasn't that hard to find a game outside of those lists. I just haven't played it enough recently to see many DLC maps pop up in the standard lists.

For what it's worth, it's nowhere near as bad as cod ghosts on PC, where you'll see like 100 people playing TDM, maybe 20 playing domination and the rest all zero. It's borderline fraudulent for them to even sell the DLC for that.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
bd2003 is online now  
Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Titanfall

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off