TitanFall (EA/Respawn, PC/XB1/360, Spring 2014, Game Informer Leak - Page 127 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 63Likes

post #3781 of 3803 Old 06-20-2016, 02:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by totalownership View Post
Titanfall 2 not using the Azure servers has me gravely concerned. The multiplayer experience in Titanfall 1 was great. I hope whatever it is they're going with doesn't ruin that. If it does then it's a no-buy for me. Not going through that frustration.
Its going to use azure, AND both amazon and google clouds plus their own servers to get wider global coverage.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3782 of 3803 Old 06-20-2016, 06:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuss View Post
Its going to use azure, AND both amazon and google clouds plus their own servers to get wider global coverage.
Ok. After watching the video interview with the devs it seemed as if they weren't using Azure servers anymore and going with the others. I really hope there is an experience rating system so I can steer clear of servers that I have bad games on and be consistently connected to those I do have good experiences on. No matter which farm they use.

AT HAMMOND ROBOTICS WE'RE BRINGING THE FUTURE ... HOME
PROTOCOL 3: PROTECT THE PILOT
post #3783 of 3803 Old 06-25-2016, 07:16 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudgeSmails View Post
Titanfall remains my favorite shooter, I cannot wait for the sequel.

I agree, I'll be picking this up right away and trying to avoid the desire to get the new COD.

Xbox Live: IamVertigo
PSN: IamVertigo
post #3784 of 3803 Old 08-12-2016, 10:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 235 Post(s)
Liked: 694
Single Player Trailer

aaronwt likes this.
post #3785 of 3803 Old 08-12-2016, 10:50 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 4148 Post(s)
Liked: 2474

53TB unRAID2--41TB unRAID3--35TB unRAID1a
Sony 65x850C--Samsung UBD-K8500--Sony HT-NT3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #3786 of 3803 Old 08-18-2016, 03:09 AM
AVS Special Member

There will be an open beta from August 19-21st.

http://www.polygon.com/2016/8/16/125...a-release-date
post #3787 of 3803 Old 08-18-2016, 03:59 AM
AVS Special Member

A quick look at the mulitplayer test

post #3788 of 3803 Old 08-20-2016, 12:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 341 Post(s)
Liked: 309
Looks like a lot of Titanfall 1 players are ripping the sequel (admittedly, still a preview, but the game is out in two months) to shreds.

Reddit and the official forums are mostly in a panic:

https://www.reddit.com/r/titanfall

https://forums.titanfall.com/en-us/c...-test-feedback

XBL/Steam: JHoff80
post #3789 of 3803 Old 08-20-2016, 02:06 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by spid View Post
There will be an open beta from August 19-21st.

http://www.polygon.com/2016/8/16/125...a-release-date
I just tried out today on my PS4 and XBOne S. I liked it. I'm looking forward to the game release in a couple of months.

I look it as more of the same with some upgrades and improvements.

post #3790 of 3803 Old 08-20-2016, 03:24 PM
Advanced Member

Ive only played two matches but I didn't immediately like it either. I enjoyed my second play tofay, they have already tweaked it to make Titans become available faster.

post #3791 of 3803 Old 08-20-2016, 03:25 PM
Advanced Member

All in all I do agree with this article. They tried to "fix" the wrong things. http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertco...-backward/amp/
JudgeSmails likes this.

post #3792 of 3803 Old 08-20-2016, 06:36 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 235
Is there really not going to be an Attrition game mode (aka team deathmatch) as the Forbes article says? If so, I'll have to pass on this.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

post #3793 of 3803 Old 08-20-2016, 07:14 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlittlejeans View Post
Is there really not going to be an Attrition game mode (aka team deathmatch) as the Forbes article says? If so, I'll have to pass on this.

Nah I'm sure there will be, I don't consider the amount of game modes or the maps themselves to be representative of the final product.

But the gameplay itself and the requirement to "earn" a Titan is probably indicative of the direction they are attempting to go.

post #3794 of 3803 Old 08-20-2016, 07:44 PM
AVS Special Member

They say that there won't be Attrition actually. Bounty Hunter is the mode that replaces it. Also no burn cards.

post #3795 of 3803 Old 08-21-2016, 01:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 58
I thought Titanfall was the best game of 2014. Still playing it, as I decided to get the level 10 achievement to 'finish' the game 100%. Played the beta, and the whole game just felt 'off'. To me at least, the game felt 'slower', and perhaps that is what people mean that everything felt 'heavy'. Played the whole game, and was not able to spawn my Titan. Grapple hook is interesting, but the whole fun of Titanfall was the platforming aspect.

If they take out attrition, they are hurting themselves. Currently, I would say 90% of people are playing attrition on Titanfall. Why remove the most popular game mode.

Well, I was super psyched for this game to come out, but now I think it drops from #1 to well below GoW 4, and probably even Battlefield 1. Since I was always going to get GoW 4, that means Battlefield 1 comes before Titanfall 2. I'm going to play some more of the beta tomorrow, but within a few games I got bored and went back to the original Titanfall.

Xbox and PS3 Gamertag = Xerostomia
Wii = I'm too lazy to get the number
post #3796 of 3803 Old 08-21-2016, 07:16 AM
AVS Club Gold

It seemed the opposite to me. It seemed faster than the original Tittanfall. Although the grappling hook proably is responsible for that. If they get rid of those cards I think that will be a huge improvement. I hated messing around with those with the first TitanFall. Although I did miss being able to start off in the Titan. But this also isn't a final release.

I'm sure things will change based on feedback they get from this. But overall I really liked what I played. I really liked the Bounty Hunter game where I think it was eight or six people against another eight or six people. I mostly played Bounty Hunter and Domination(or whatever they called it). And I also liked the new TiTans they showed. It also seemed like I got the Titans faster than the original game, which was nice.

Last edited by aaronwt; 08-21-2016 at 07:20 AM.
post #3797 of 3803 Old 08-21-2016, 07:33 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 132
Well I for one am now holding off on ordering. Titanfall remains my favorite multiplayer shooter. Yet the savage feedback has me concerned. I have doubts they can fix all "issues" as many I think are conscious decisions by Respawn to make the game more COD-like. I'll now hold off on pre-order and wait for official reviews post live. The issues highlited by reddit, the forums and forbes are just deal-breakers.

Big Trouble in Little China - greatest film ever made

Gamertag: Team Banzai
post #3798 of 3803 Old 08-21-2016, 07:49 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudgeSmails View Post
Well I for one am now holding off on ordering. Titanfall remains my favorite multiplayer shooter. Yet the savage feedback has me concerned. I have doubts they can fix all "issues" as many I think are conscious decisions by Respawn to make the game more COD-like. I'll now hold off on pre-order and wait for official reviews post live. The issues highlited by reddit, the forums and forbes are just deal-breakers.
hmmm... maybe that is why I'm liking this beta of Titanfall 2 so much?

I just know after playing it this weekend, I am looking forward to the game release more than ever now. It just overall seemed like a good improvement over the first game to me.

post #3799 of 3803 Old 08-21-2016, 08:01 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
hmmm... maybe that is why I'm liking this beta of Titanfall 2 so much?

I just know after playing it this weekend, I am looking forward to the game release more than ever now. It just overall seemed like a good improvement over the first game to me.
Haha, to each their own! I'll look forward to hearing your feedback post release.
post #3800 of 3803 Old 08-21-2016, 11:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 263
I downloaded the pre-alpha on Xbox and PS4. Got some good games in on both. This time around I might double-dip on it and get it for both. For some reason I feel more latency on the Xbox version than the PS4 one. On PS4 if getting shot I'm able to evade alot of the times and survive. It also doesn't seem to take a whole clip to kill someone versus the Xbox one. But I have that experience on many games on Xbox Live. But I have WAY more friends on the Xbox version and for us to all play together was much smoother than on when I played on the PS4 version. Infact I was only able to play one game where all of us where in the same team last night on PS4 version versus all but one game we all played together on the Xbox version.

Graphically they both look great. PS4 has an edge of course but again , IMO, it's nothing to be up in arms over.

Gameplay does seem slower than the original. I personally like the original's game speed.

AT HAMMOND ROBOTICS WE'RE BRINGING THE FUTURE ... HOME
PROTOCOL 3: PROTECT THE PILOT
post #3801 of 3803 Old 08-21-2016, 12:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 309 Post(s)
I am pretty disappointed thusfar...
I really loved the first game, and if my friends would/were still playing, I'd be in matches every day. TF2 seems klunky to me, not fluid like the first one...If they are attempting to make it like COD, that would be the reason for my disdain. I absolutely hate that series. I am pretty average at shooters, but I am pretty good in Titanfall. (1.7 K/D vs. Pilots...that's better than any other shooter I've played...by far) Funny how other mainstream shooters have attempted to copy the mechanics, (wall running and flight) and that wasn't good enough for them.

I do get that if they changed too little, (Halo) they would get heat from folks saying you may as well play TF1. But the Lobby is horrendous. My son couldn't join on me, several times I couldn't send invites to our network...stay in a match after it was over, and all of us were playing different matches. Gameplay is ok, but part of the draw to Titanfall, was you could get a Titan, at least once in a match...even if you did nothing. I had several matches in the alpha where I did not even get a Titan. I liked the Burn Cards. It could get tedious, but it gave you another opportunity to aid your team, outguess the other guy, and possibly give you the edge to win.

I do like some of the new abilities. They are well thought out by the development team. Some of the new Titans and weapons are cool. Visuals are fantastic, and watching your anti-Titan weapon hit, and create an explosion (instead of a hit marker) that can cause it to stumble, was a stroke of genius.

I know it's an early release, but I am keeping several of my appendages crossed that they don;t f*ck it up.

"Once you learn good English...Can't nobody take it away!"

Xbox LIVE Gamertag: KEVIN G 40

post #3802 of 3803 Old 08-21-2016, 02:11 PM
AVS Special Member

I think one thing Titanfall 1 did better than a lot of other shooters is that even if you were losing badly, it still felt fun... whether you were able to rodeo a Titan and bring it down before it got the electric smoke recharged, or pulling off acrobatic moves to get behind someone and take them out before they noticed, or when you were losing badly (in which case a kill streak was not happening) and at least were able to call in for a titan and wreak some havoc on the other team before going out with a bang. I liked the cards too, because they meant that even if you were losing, you were working towards your objectives and earning something.

I didn't have that much time with it, but this game doesn't seem to have that feel of being fun and rewarding even when you're losing to me. But I did read the feedback before trying it, so a little bit of that might have crept in.

post #3803 of 3803 Old Today, 09:09 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Loved the original Titanfall, but as others have said something feels "off" with the new one so far. I especially don't like the new 3-step takedown system of titans (remove battery, drop in two grenades), which eliminates the old rodeo system.

Also seems like there were a lot more snipers, which I rarely had an issue with in the first one. We'll see...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Titanfall

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page