TitanFall (EA/Respawn, PC/XB1/360, Spring 2014, Game Informer Leak - Page 130 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 88Likes

post #3871 of 3886 Old 04-14-2017, 07:20 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by spid View Post
DLC Plans going forward for the game.

Between April and June, we are confirming that we’ll be releasing:
  • 2 more general multiplayer maps
  • 2 more Live Fire Maps
  • A new Titan
  • Two more purchasable Prime Titans: Ronin and Tone.

• In addition to the new content, we’ve also got some updates to Titanfall 2 in the works. Today we can confirm that between April and June you can expect to see:
  • Gen cap increase to 100
  • Expanded Private Match settings including the addition of Live Fire and Coliseum to the selectable modes
  • A new Faction
  • Marked for Death game mode
  • More Pilot executions
  • Addition refinements to matchmaking like estimated wait time and more
  • More purchasable camos, skins, etc. from the store
  • And more!

https://www.ea.com/games/titanfall/t...ews-network-13
And no frontier defense again. Seriously? You would think that would be super easy to put in considering it was in the last game. Ugh.
sage11x likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3872 of 3886 Old 04-22-2017, 10:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1072 Post(s)
Liked: 1042
Apparently Frontier Defense isn't coming until Summer.

I'm excited for the new vanguard titan. But I'm still miffed about some of the recent balancing. Devotion needs another nerf and since when did ION become such a monster?? Other than that I'm pretty happy with the game besides pilot tactical is still game/game mode breaking. Pulse blade is almost criminally underused considered how ridiculously OP it is EXCEPT in Live Fire where every single person uses it and it sucks. It literally ruins the game mode for me. Grapple still messes with the hit detection to the degree that playing skilled spudder men is an exercise in absolute frustration. I personally find cloak to be my most hated ability as I've seen more and more players use it to corner camp. We don't even need to get into Phase Shift do we? Tactical abilities should be removed from use in specific game modes (ie Live Fire) and/or a game mode needs to be added that omits them. I would hate to divide up the player base even more but I still feel this is the single largest issue affecting the game.

What to do if you find yourself stuck with no hope of rescue:
Consider yourself lucky that life has been good to you so far. Alternatively, if life hasn't been good to you so far, which given your present circumstances seems to be more likely, consider yourself lucky that it won't be troubling you much longer...

-- Excerpt from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
post #3873 of 3886 Old 05-31-2017, 12:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 278 Post(s)
Liked: 836
New content drop include a new titan and a new map

http://www.respawn.com/frontier-news...monarch-reigns

aaronwt likes this.

post #3874 of 3886 Old 05-31-2017, 08:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 3
What are the odds on an eventual Titanfall 3?
post #3875 of 3886 Old 06-01-2017, 11:52 AM
UHD Addict

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 6071 Post(s)
Liked: 3768
Quote:
Sweet!! I'll need to start playing this again. I've been spending my gametime with Forza Horizon 3 lately.

53TB unRAID2--41TB unRAID3--35TB unRAID1a
Sony 65x850C--Sony UBP-X800--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #3876 of 3886 Old 06-01-2017, 11:53 AM
UHD Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amerzel_ View Post
What are the odds on an eventual Titanfall 3?
Probably long.

post #3877 of 3886 Old 06-03-2017, 06:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 332 Post(s)
Liked: 143
Yeah, this iteration was too big for it's shoes. They thought they could go up against Gears and COD. It's solid, but they dropped several things that made it so innovative, and diverse from COD.
The weaker Titans, and the inability to pull what weapon/missile/defense combo that you choose...(not their pre-ordained loadouts) all added up to underwhelming for me...

I did enjoy playing Titan Brawl last night, however ...(except for the ever annoying, ridiculously overpowered RONIN class...that bot should not be able to block bullets from four different Titans at the same time) first time I picked the game up in a while.

"Once you learn good English...Can't nobody take it away!"

Xbox LIVE Gamertag: KEVIN G 40

post #3878 of 3886 Old 06-23-2017, 06:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Today we are revealing our 6th DLC drop for Titanfall 2 called The War Games and it will be available for free for all platforms on June 27th! We’ll have the trailer for you at launch.
For now, let’s breakdown what you’re getting:
  • Map: War Games – Pilots on the Frontier frequently use simulator pods to train, using life-like recreations of historical battles as combat scenarios. War Games highlights the civilian shops, tall buildings for window-to-window fighting, and city streets for Titan combat from the Battle of Angel City, and the large, open tank garage facilities for hand-to-hand Pilot combat from the Battle of Airbase Sierra. The outskirts of the map feature a clean, VR style perfect for Titan duels, while Pilots are often found running along the bright, interconnected wallrunning routes.
  • Live Fire Map: Traffic –A weathered test site where pilot positioning is pitted against mobility across two busy thoroughfares. Dense cover makes every corner a threat, with room for snipers to hide in the back fields.
  • New Execution: Shadow Boxing [Holo Pilot]
  • 3rd Weapon Slot for Pilots – You will now be able to equip a primary, secondary, and anti-titan weapon.
  • Titan Brawl will be added to the permanent list of game modes. Titan damage will be displayed instead of assists.
  • New Featured Mode: Free Agents
  • Additional details for balance changes, features, and updates will be provided in the patch notes closer to launch.

https://www.ea.com/games/titanfall/t...1&sf56994710=1
aaronwt likes this.
post #3879 of 3886 Old 06-23-2017, 10:13 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Today we are revealing our 6th DLC drop for Titanfall 2 called The War Games and it will be available for free for all platforms on June 27th! We’ll have the trailer for you at launch.
For now, let’s breakdown what you’re getting:
  • Map: War Games – Pilots on the Frontier frequently use simulator pods to train, using life-like recreations of historical battles as combat scenarios. War Games highlights the civilian shops, tall buildings for window-to-window fighting, and city streets for Titan combat from the Battle of Angel City, and the large, open tank garage facilities for hand-to-hand Pilot combat from the Battle of Airbase Sierra. The outskirts of the map feature a clean, VR style perfect for Titan duels, while Pilots are often found running along the bright, interconnected wallrunning routes.
  • Live Fire Map: Traffic –A weathered test site where pilot positioning is pitted against mobility across two busy thoroughfares. Dense cover makes every corner a threat, with room for snipers to hide in the back fields.
  • New Execution: Shadow Boxing [Holo Pilot]
  • 3rd Weapon Slot for Pilots – You will now be able to equip a primary, secondary, and anti-titan weapon.
  • Titan Brawl will be added to the permanent list of game modes. Titan damage will be displayed instead of assists.
  • New Featured Mode: Free Agents
  • Additional details for balance changes, features, and updates will be provided in the patch notes closer to launch.

https://www.ea.com/games/titanfall/t...1&sf56994710=1

No frontier defense again, ugh.
post #3880 of 3886 Old 06-23-2017, 10:33 AM
UHD Addict

What was Frontier defense?

Sent from my Galaxy S8 using Tapatalk

post #3881 of 3886 Old 06-23-2017, 02:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
What was Frontier defense?

Sent from my Galaxy S8 using Tapatalk
It was the horde mode they had in Titanfall 1. They've said they're adding it but here we are 9 months later and it's still not there.
aaronwt likes this.
post #3882 of 3886 Old 06-24-2017, 08:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I'm beginning to think that Frontier Defense is never coming.

In other news: holy hell is monarch strong. I don't think monarch would have seemed out of place in the old game but they've nerfed the other titans so much that a titan that can essentially go super saiyan feels unbalanced. I didn't play this game for a couple of months and all I had heard was the new titan was weak and you had to play a very defensive, poke and run style of play with her. Nope. First match I played with monarch she hit max level and I felt like an unstoppable war machine of the apocalypse. I think she really changes the meta and I'm not 100% that it's in a good way. Love her or hate her: Tone at least has significant disadvantages. The only disadvantage I see with monarch is the lack of a defined defensive capability but with maelstrom you can just pop a bunch of smoke and '**** this **** I'm out!'

I'm still looking for people to play with. If any of you guys/gals are so inclined send me an invite. I prefer bounty hunt (I know I know) but I'd be willing to play anything with anyone that isn't a random. This game feels better when played with a party. It can get pretty bleak playing solo which is one of the reasons I think the game has struggled in the market. It's a lot of fun but my God can you get wrecked when you come across a group that knows what they're doing. This is not COD where you can hero ball-- at least not in the titan meta. You can tear it up as a pilot but when the rest of your team is sucking on their thumb sticks feeding the other team points it doesn't matter how well you're playing. I would say I'm an average player and by that I mean I'm no lobby monster but I'm also not a scrub. I enjoy this game and would just like to have fun and play with some people of a like mind set. My live name is: NannerpussPRO.

Consider yourself lucky that life has been good to you so far. Alternatively, if life hasn't been good to you so far, which given your present circumstances seems to be more likely, consider yourself lucky that it won't be troubling you much longer...

post #3883 of 3886 Old 07-01-2017, 12:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Monarch needs a nerf. Urgently.

post #3884 of 3886 Old 07-18-2017, 04:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

post #3885 of 3886 Old 07-19-2017, 10:19 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Finally, lol. I'll now buy this game again (or maybe I'll wait for it to hit EA access).
sage11x likes this.
post #3886 of 3886 Old 07-24-2017, 05:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

TitanFall (EA/Respawn, PC/XB1/360, Spring 2014, Game Informer Leak

Frontier Defense tomorrow and holy **** check out these patch notes! It's like Christmas! Thank you Respawn! All hail Scorch!

https://forums.titanfall.com/en-us/d...he-patch-notes

NEW CONTENT [FREE]

NEW MODE: Frontier Defense!
Co-op 4 player mode.
Davis and Droz of the Last Resort faction will be guiding you through the waves. They are unique to Frontier Defense mode and your earned merits will still apply to whatever MP Faction you have selected.
Defend your Harvester against 5 waves of increasingly difficult enemies.
The Titan you pick at the start is locked for the rest of the match.
Earn cash for defeating enemies that you can spend in between waves to purchase tools at the Armory.
Choose from Easy / Regular / Hard / Master difficulty.
There will be an Insane difficulty as well that will exist in a separate tile as a Featured Mode.
New Titan Progression - ??Aegis Ranks??
Earn Aegis Ranks by completing matches of Frontier Defense. Aegis Ranks can unlock powerful upgrades for your Titans, helping you succeed at higher difficulty levels. For now these Ranks will only apply to Frontier Defense.
5 maps supported at launch

Homestead
Forwardbase Kodai
War Games
Rise
Blackwater Canal
We are currently testing additional maps and will add more in future
??Classic Music?? option will unlock Titanfall 1 lobby music and Frontier Defense music. [Win 10 matches of Frontier Defense to access]

NEW MAP: Rise
Long sight lines and tight quarters dictate the battle in this abandoned desert reservoir. The towering, sheer walls and a system of convenient zip lines provide Pilots with means to get around quickly while Titans do battle in the long corridors below. Pilots can also set up ambushes in the guts of this complex pipeworks, while titans can lock down large sections of the battlefield at critical junctures. Tread carefully.

NEW LIVE FIRE MAP: Township
A new modular construction of a residential firefight. Cover is sparse for Pilots bold enough to leave the safety of a few houses. Windows and rooftops decide who controls the map, but dense interiors can always hold surprises.

NEW CONTENT [PURCHASABLE]

ELITE WEAPON WARPAINTS: Exclusive to Pilot weapons, these Warpaints grant the Squad Leader bonus: If you or any other player own one of these Warpaints, everyone on your team will be granted bonus XP. The effect doesn't stack, and you don't need to have the warpaint equipped to receive the bonus. Additionally, owners of the Warpaints will have a 10% chance of receiving a double XP token per owned weapon [up to 30%] at the end of every match.

PRICE: $4.99 each // $24.99 bundle for all [bundle only available until 8.28.2017]
G2A5 ??MASTERWORK ELITE??
ALTERNATOR ??FRONTIER PATRIOT ELITE??
B3 WINGMAN ??AQUA FADE ELITE??
ARCHER ??PHANTOM ELITE??
CAR ??CRIMSON FURY ELITE??
R-201 CARBINE ??UNDERGROUND ELITE??
EVA-8 AUTO SHOTGUN ??BADLANDS ELITE??
FLATLINE ??BLUE FADE ELITE??

TITAN WARPAINTS [LIMITED EDITION - CAN ONLY BUY UNTIL 8.28.2017]: Grants bonus Aegis XP to you and your teammates at the completion of a Frontier Defense match when this skin is equipped. This boost will be increased with each team member that also has the warpaint meaning you can earn up to 4x Aegis XP bonus. Warpaint also includes an additional shoulder arm plate with scaling iconography based on hardest Frontier Defense difficulty completed with that titan. The Warpaint also grants a special call sign with scaling iconography based on the hardest Frontier Defense difficulty completed with that titan.

PRICE: $4.99 each // $24.99 bundle for all

GAME IMPROVEMENTS
Added more out of bounds triggers to Complex.
New stats page for maps, including tracking of Frontier Defense difficulty levels.
Visual improvements for Weapon and Titan stats pages.

TITAN BALANCE

General
Ogre class Titans now have a baseline of 1 dash with a 10 second cooldown.
Turbo Engine will now reduce cool down of Scorch and Legion??s dashes to 5 seconds. It will still behave the same as before for other Titan classes.
Overcore now gives 20% core meter.
Electric Smoke unlocks at 20% instead of 25%.

Ronin
Sword Block damage reduction reduced by 5%.

Scorch
Scorch will now have 1 dash charge with a 10 second cooldown.
Increased Firewall??s width.
Scorch Kits
Wildfire Launcher now increases the direct-hit damage of the Thermite Launcher. It still increases the amount of fire spread.
Scorched Earth??s lingering fire lasts longer.
Tempered Plating now makes Scorch immune to crits and his own thermite damage.
Fixed a bug with Flame Core not igniting Incendiary Traps.

Legion
Legion will now have 1 dash charge with a 10 second cooldown.
Hidden Compartment: Power Shot has two charges and Power Shot damage is reduced by 15%.

Monarch
XO-16 base magazine size increased to 40 rounds.
Reduced the strength of the slow effect of Energy Siphon.
Slightly reduced effectiveness of Arc Rounds against Vortex Shield and Heat Shield.
Multi-Target Missile System no longer locks onto cloaked targets.

PILOT BALANCE

General
Aim Assist settings have been modified for Assault Rifles and SMGs.
ARs and SMGs require you to be aiming closer to your target before any ADS assist takes effect.
Reduced the overall effectiveness of ADS assist for Assault Rifles.
Titan Hunter kit modified to be 10% extra Titan meter from damage instead of 10% Titan Meter on Titan Kill.

Phase Shift
Now has just 1 charge, but recharges faster.

SMG??s
Medium and long damage significantly reduced.
One of the positive changes we saw in the High TTK playlist was the increase of weapon diversity. It is our hope that between the Aim Assist nerf and this SMG nerf, we??ll see weapon diversity increased across all three platforms.

G2
Reduced fire rate.

DMR
Reduced fire rate: In this particular instance, we felt that the reduced fire rate simply made the gun feel better since the gun stabilizes better between shots.

Flatline
Slightly reduced damage at medium range. It still has the best medium range damage of any Assault Rifle.

Archer
No longer locks onto cloaked targets.

Smart Pistol
No longer locks onto cloaked targets.

Sidearms
High TTK playlist changes for the P2016, Wingman, Wingman Elite, and Mozambique have been brought over to bring their power level down now that all Pilots can carry a secondary weapon.

Melee
Lunge time and melee hit frames changed to .3 seconds from .2 seconds. This will help people firing weapons, particularly automatic weapons, get extra shots in before the lunge completes.
Melee lunge range reduced.
Non-lunge melee attack range increased. This will help with the cases where melee looks like it should hit but doesn??t connect with the target.

GAME MODE ADJUSTMENTS:
Various improvements to the UI for Private Match, including increased visibility of text chat on PC.

MISC BUG FIXES
Fixed issues with purchasable Nose Arts not showing up correctly on Titans.
Spectators in Marked for Death can no longer be marked for death.
(Xbox One) Buttons and pod doors in War Games intro sequence now play at the correct volume.
Titan Nose Arts flagged as Advocate Gift unlocks may now actually be awarded when opening Advocate Gifts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Titanfall

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page