TitanFall (EA/Respawn, PC/XB1/360, Spring 2014, Game Informer Leak - Page 16 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 13Likes

post #451 of 3648 Old 01-20-2014, 09:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by americangunner View Post

I agree. I'm guessing people either are too young or don't remember the 8 and 16 bit era. Graphics, or more importantly, resolution doesn't make or break a game.
agreed! Look at Minecraft. That game is not pushing resolution or textures and it sells very well! My kids love it. Hell we have it on every platform (Phone, Tablet, PC, Xbox 360, XBox One when it gets released).

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 3648 Old 01-20-2014, 10:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 206
Agreed with the whole resolution thing. The best game I ever played was NHL '93 through NHL '97. But still this is next gen, and there is no reason not to expect its high capabilities within the first 12 months.
post #453 of 3648 Old 01-20-2014, 10:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 26
I'm 40 and played plenty of games in that era. At the same time a new console 8 years later should be able to out-do the previous gen resolution wise...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
centking and benjamin-benjami like this.
post #454 of 3648 Old 01-21-2014, 12:30 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 155
post #455 of 3648 Old 01-21-2014, 05:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 42
(My Bad)
post #456 of 3648 Old 01-21-2014, 08:08 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 155
johnbe,

I think you might have watched the wrong video, this video was about Titanfall. wink.gif

Jason
post #457 of 3648 Old 01-21-2014, 08:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGamePimp View Post

johnbe,

I think you might have watched the wrong video, this video was about Titanfall. wink.gif

Your right. But the first time I clicked on it, it had nothing to do with Titanfall. 2nd time, it was about Titanfall. And I pressed the same play button in the middle, but it went to some other guy I think. I guess I should of known it wasn't the same guy. He is right about Titanfall. My bad.
post #458 of 3648 Old 01-21-2014, 11:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobieck1 View Post

I was playing about 10-1130 pst. What is your tag?

My tag is SKULLFACE. You took me out a few times!

-JR
post #459 of 3648 Old 01-21-2014, 05:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 148
post #460 of 3648 Old 01-21-2014, 06:10 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 505 Post(s)
Liked: 665

Do they have a digital version to order? I can't use discs for games anymore. It just changes the entire feel of the next gen consoles.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #461 of 3648 Old 01-21-2014, 06:15 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

Do they have a digital version to order? I can't use discs for games anymore. It just changes the entire feel of the next gen consoles.

I love physical media, love looking at it on my shelf. Hence why I buy Blu rays and seasons of shows
post #462 of 3648 Old 01-21-2014, 06:18 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfamousGamer View Post

I love physical media, love looking at it on my shelf. Hence why I buy Blu rays and seasons of shows

I still buy BDs and TV shows on BD, but the first thing I do is rip them to my servers so I don't need to use the disc. It's just a completely different experience when I have to mess around with a disc. It's much more enjoyable selecting a title to play on my tablet and it just starting right away on the mediaplayer to view on the TV. The same goes for the games. It's much nicer, easier and quicker just to say the name of the game and it starts loading right away.

LED DLP

post #463 of 3648 Old 01-21-2014, 06:19 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I need to set something like that up
post #464 of 3648 Old 01-21-2014, 10:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Yeah, but on the one hand, if you can't sell your game to somebody else, you really don't own it. So, it's hard to get excited about leasing TitanFall for 60 bucks and never being able to sell that game off to somebody else, to get a little bit of value out of that item that you purchased.

I totally get it, that when the game is on the hard drive, and you can instantly start it up, it's a much better experience. I've been gaming on Steam the last several years and obviously all the games are digital downloads and the same lack of ownership thing applies to these PC games, but the cost of entry can be dramatically less for the patient PC gamer, so I got spoiled. It really sucks, because I got used to not messing with changing disks, being able to bounce from game to game, and now I got to mess with disks again. It's like going backwards. I just can't wrap my mind around paying $50 or $60 on a game that is permanently stuck to my account, and I have no ability to cash it in for any kind of value towards something else. On PC I don't mind, because if I wait 9 months to a year I can get the game for $9.99 or less. At that point, who cares if I can never recoup any value from that.

Sorry to go on a rant here.... smile.gif
post #465 of 3648 Old 01-22-2014, 05:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Yeah, DD is a nice idea, but I'm not going to pay $60 for a day one release when I can get a physical copy for $40 on day one or at least within a month.
post #466 of 3648 Old 01-22-2014, 05:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjonsnow View Post

Yeah, DD is a nice idea, but I'm not going to pay $60 for a day one release when I can get a physical copy for $40 on day one or at least within a month.

Exactly. My impulse buy with COD Ghosts digitally taught me my lesson. If I would have bought that on disk there is no way I'd still own it.

Xbox Gamertag/PSN ID: RemoWilliams84

"I started out with nothing, and I still got most of it." -Seasick Steve

post #467 of 3648 Old 01-22-2014, 06:11 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjonsnow View Post

I just can't do it even for the lower price. Because the user experience is completely different when using discs. With a disc it's feels like last gen to me. Heck without Kinect and DD I would not have even purchased a launch XBOne.

I was never really worried about trade ins because I rarely did it. Only in the last few years did I do that with the 360, and I barely got any money for my games from many years ago. The only ones I got a decent price for were almost new like GTAV and Ghosts because they were only weeks old.. But I only sold GTAV because I couldn't see playing a game one the 360 anymore. And I had only bought the disc version of ghosts to get the freefall map. And because BestBuy had a special trade in deal so it basically only cost me $10 to get the freefall map after trade in. I also purchased it digitally on the 360 with the $10 upgrade to the XBOne version. Ghosts was well worth it to me since I typically get many hours of play time from a CoD game. MAny of the other launch XBOne games, I will not get my moneys worth. But I would not be selling them if I had the disc version.

Which reminds me. I have a new disc version of Forza 5 I got with my second XBOne I got from eBay. I need to decide what to do with it. Where can I take it to get the best trade in deal?

LED DLP

post #468 of 3648 Old 01-22-2014, 06:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 254
Quote:

I just can't do it even for the lower price. Because the user experience is completely different when using discs. With a disc it's feels like last gen to me. Heck without Kinect and DD I would not have even purchased a launch XBOne.

I was never really worried about trade ins because I rarely did it. Only in the last few years did I do that with the 360, and I barely got any money for my games from many years ago. The only ones I got a decent price for were almost new like GTAV and Ghosts because they were only weeks old.. But I only sold GTAV because I couldn't see playing a game one the 360 anymore. And I had only bought the disc version of ghosts to get the freefall map. And because BestBuy had a special trade in deal so it basically only cost me $10 to get the freefall map after trade in. I also purchased it digitally on the 360 with the $10 upgrade to the XBOne version. Ghosts was well worth it to me since I typically get many hours of play time from a CoD game. MAny of the other launch XBOne games, I will not get my moneys worth. But I would not be selling them if I had the disc version.

Which reminds me. I have a new disc version of Forza 5 I got with my second XBOne I got from eBay. I need to decide what to do with it. Where can I take it to get the best trade in deal?

If you also have a ps4/ps3/vita, Amazon is offering $20 worth of PSN credit on top of whatever the trade in value is for any games that you trade in. I did this with Dead Rising 3.

Xbox Gamertag/PSN ID: RemoWilliams84

"I started out with nothing, and I still got most of it." -Seasick Steve

post #469 of 3648 Old 01-22-2014, 06:40 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoWilliams84 View Post

If you also have a ps4/ps3/vita, Amazon is offering $20 worth of PSN credit on top of whatever the trade in value is for any games that you trade in. I did this with Dead Rising 3.

Thanks. I just looked. I didn't realize this was a Day One edition of Forza 5. Apparently the day 1 edition is only worth $19, while the regular version is worth $22. This might work out for me. I still have another ZUne I need to trade it so I can probably send both together and hopefully still get the $20 PSN credit.

EDIT: crap, the games need be worth a total of $20 to get the $20 credit. I'll need to find a few old 360 games to see if they will add the 70 cents needed to get to $20.

LED DLP

post #470 of 3648 Old 01-22-2014, 12:19 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 333
Quote:

Same thing here, except discs have been last generation to me for several years now. Since about 2008 I've been keeping all of my digital media on hard drives. Everything I own now is digital stored to the point where I have 12TB NAS distributing all my media. I can access that NAS with any network connected device in my home.. and any internet connected device away from home. Rarely do I "buy" any more movies, but the few I absolutely had to "buy" are from a cloud based source like iTunes.. where I never have to worry about storing it or needing to keep track of the receipt for purchasing it. Those services generally allow me to re-download movies/media as many times as I want and I can watch it on my most of my devices with no need to ever store/organize/transport physical media.

I could give a crap less about selling a game back. Mainly because the sellback offers are so low, its rarely worth the gas money it takes to drive GameStop, Bestbuy or UPS to get your $2 bucks back on a $60 game. Beyond the low-ball trade in offers.. I simply isnt worth storing or tracking physical media anymore. Its nothing but clutter in my otherwise neat living room, bedroom or home theater basement.. and something else to sit gathering dust. Even worse as your disc library grows, the headache grows of keeping that media sorted, maintaining discs/cases/inserts & doing so in a manner where everything stays together without getting scratched, cracked, torn, lost, stolen. Just not worth worth the effort. I have no problem paying MORE for a digital download.. vs buying a disc. And while I enjoy the HQ audio & video from BR.. I refuse to pay $10, 20 even $30 for a BR. I was shocked to see that 3D-BR's go for $30 at Costco! I learned my lesson buying tons of DVD's from 1998-2007 and am now stuck with about 500 DVD's that nobody wants including myself. So these days, instead of buying movies, I rent them. Chances are I'll only ever watch them once.. and if that once-in-a-blue-moon occurrence happens that I watch a movie a 2nd time.. then I have no problem picking them up Redbox kiosk or having them mailed to me.

As a final bonus, for buying all digital download this generation. I no longer have to swap discs between several of the same consoles. I have three (3) 360s and swapping discs became a nightmare. When switching between games, I can do so in seconds on any of the next gen consoles. And best of all, if I ever decide to take my console on the road (I travel alot for biz/leisure) I can pack much lighter.

MS & XBL are rather slow to the DD party. Buying DD for the XB1 is much more difficult & expensive than it is for the PS4. Take COD:Ghosts for example. I used Amazon Marketplace to buy the DD game for $49.99. I was instantly given a 12 digit code. I then logged on to PSN and entered that code. I then told PSN to download the game to my PS4. Without ever touching my PS4, I downloaded COD Ghosts for $10 less than the $59.99 retail price and the 34GB download took exactly 27 minutes to complete on my 75/35 FIOS internet connection. PSN also allows you to download games early and "unlock" them on their launch date so dont have to worry about the download servers getting overloaded on launch date. I would hope MS is paying close attention to how well Sony handles DD pricing & delivery. And adjusts their model to follow suit. While I've also downloaded all of my XB1 games, the process is more involving and requires paying the full retail price of the game. Even still.. its worth it to me.
Jeremy Anderson likes this.

Xbox Live & PSN gamertag- Daekwan
www.facebook.com/Daekwan
post #471 of 3648 Old 01-22-2014, 01:07 PM
AVS Club Gold

You can always donate the DVDs to a local charity. I donated several hundred to a charity years ago and just took the write off on my taxes. At the time I was able to value them at several thousand dollars. It was much better than when I threw all my video tapes in the trash in 2000. I almost did that with my DVDs until I had read about the donation option.
benjamin-benjami likes this.

LED DLP

post #472 of 3648 Old 01-22-2014, 01:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 84
I am another that will never be able to go back to physical media....for anything. Stopped buying BR movies and CDs and now games. I guess at the moment we just have to look at it as paying extra for the convenience. The whole selling/trading used games never was a issue for me since I never took part in that....so I was actually perfectly fine with MS original DRM plans but lol I was in the minority. "Ownership" for me is simply having rights to use a piece of software....how its delivered does not change the definition for me so Ill take the most convenient smile.gif
Arutha_conDoin likes this.
post #473 of 3648 Old 01-22-2014, 02:09 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked: 1378
I'm less bothered by not being able to resell on PC, because the game feels more eternal. You can still play PC games from the mid 90s without having to dig out an old console and controller. And you can jack the settings up, download some texture packs and it's an "HD version", all without having to repurchase.

A couple of months ago I started selling my 100ish 360/PS3 games, and took in hundreds of dollars (lots of which went towards buying the PC versions of the same games at less than I sold the discs for). I was really stoked that those games were still worth even a couple of bucks...but honestly if there was a way to resell digital games I'd dump half my steam/origin library in an instant. I certainly wouldn't mind if I had that opportunity.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #474 of 3648 Old 01-22-2014, 02:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Wow, you guys will really pay a TON extra for the convenience, because it really is a TON of money if you really think about it.

I totally understand the appeal, because I was gaming like that on my PC, and swapping disks in and out does seem like a very backwards concept. But man.... You really have to pay through the azz to gain that convenience.

If you went totally PC based, and were patient, you could have all that convenience, plus save a metric F ton of cash, but yeah, would lose out on all the console exclusives...
post #475 of 3648 Old 01-22-2014, 02:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1 View Post

Wow, you guys will really pay a TON extra for the convenience, because it really is a TON of money if you really think about it.

I totally understand the appeal, because I was gaming like that on my PC, and swapping disks in and out does seem like a very backwards concept. But man.... You really have to pay through the azz to gain that convenience.

If you went totally PC based, and were patient, you could have all that convenience, plus save a metric F ton of cash, but yeah, would lose out on all the console exclusives...

For me it just means I am a little more selective as to which titles I buy....which is actually a good thing. The # of games i spent $$ and hated after a few hours in the past is sad. So for every 3 I would have bought 'cheaper' i buy the 2 good ones DD and enjoy them. Really not that big a deal.
post #476 of 3648 Old 01-23-2014, 08:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 685
Quote:

You can always donate the DVDs to a local charity. I donated several hundred to a charity years ago and just took the write off on my taxes. At the time I was able to value them at several thousand dollars. It was much better than when I threw all my video tapes in the trash in 2000. I almost did that with my DVDs until I had read about the donation option.

great job, that is one of my issues with DD, is charities (especially with kids) get screwed..
post #477 of 3648 Old 01-23-2014, 08:25 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami View Post

great job, that is one of my issues with DD, is charities (especially with kids) get screwed..

That's what gift cards are for.

The 5.0 is here
post #478 of 3648 Old 01-23-2014, 09:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mboojigga View Post

That's what gift cards are for.

are you being serious... so right now people pay 60 dollars for a game play it and then donate, your solution is pay 60 for game and then buy a gift card for 60 and donate that. If you think that charities won't take a hit, because now everyone is going to buy gift cards in place of donating old games you are crazy.
post #479 of 3648 Old 01-23-2014, 09:46 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami View Post

are you being serious... so right now people pay 60 dollars for a game play it and then donate, your solution is pay 60 for game and then buy a gift card for 60 and donate that. If you think that charities won't take a hit, because now everyone is going to buy gift cards in place of donating old games you are crazy.

Yeah most kids I know for charity work we do is exactly what they are asking for. I got a 10 year old who doesn't care for a DVD disc or game disc. The foster parent likes the gift cards because on the 360 he doesn't have to search for game disc or scratch disc from being tossed around. He can still monitor the appropriate games with the parental permissions. So yes I am serious just like the iPod touches and $99 tablets the kids are wanting in our area so no they are not getting screwed. This had been common for us for a couple of years now.

The 5.0 is here
post #480 of 3648 Old 01-23-2014, 10:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mboojigga View Post

Yeah most kids I know for charity work we do is exactly what they are asking for. I got a 10 year old who doesn't care for a DVD disc or game disc. The foster parent likes the gift cards because on the 360 he doesn't have to search for game disc or scratch disc from being tossed around. He can still monitor the appropriate games with the parental permissions. So yes I am serious just like the iPod touches and $99 tablets the kids are wanting in our area so no they are not getting screwed. This had been common for us for a couple of years now.

edit nevermind.. not worth it..
Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Titanfall

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page