TitanFall (EA/Respawn, PC/XB1/360, Spring 2014, Game Informer Leak - Page 22 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 33Likes

post #631 of 3695 Old 02-12-2014, 09:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 568
Thanks for the input, sounds pretty cool. That makes it accessible to more people as well to get some kills in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 3695 Old 02-12-2014, 09:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by PENDRAG0ON View Post

Never said I would just go along with negative feedback, but with both EA and Microsoft being busted paying people to talk up their games illegally, how can I trust glowing feedback?

I am really hoping Angry Joe gets in the beta, he is one of the few youtube personalities I still trust.
Except Machinima already came out and said they were the ones the put it in. Unless you are one of those people that believe in conspiracies. Also, Angry Joe is a tool. He just plays his schtick so that he can get clicks.

XBL: xGunner26x

PSN: AMER1CAN_GUNNER

Steam: xGunner26x

post #633 of 3695 Old 02-12-2014, 09:11 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 321 Post(s)
Liked: 1429
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemeat View Post

Thanks for the input, sounds pretty cool. That makes it accessible to more people as well to get some kills in.

Yeah, it seems way more noob friendly than even cod. Even the worst player in the world can take those grunts down and significantly contribute, and there doesn't seem to be any game breaking ultra powerful killstreaks like the AC130. The titans seem much stronger than the foot soldiers, but everyone gets at least 1, prob 2 in each match, so everyone gets to try it out.

One thing I really like is that it seems really anti-camper - with cod you get rewarded with ultra powerful stuff for hanging back in a corner, in TF you get rewarded with a reasonably powerful titan for getting in the fight and getting as many kills as possible. There doesnt seem to be any real penalty for dying, it's not like your titan counter gets reset or anything.    

freemeat likes this.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #634 of 3695 Old 02-12-2014, 09:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 558
Quote:
Originally Posted by americangunner View Post

Except Machinima already came out and said they were the ones the put it in. Unless you are one of those people that believe in conspiracies. Also, Angry Joe is a tool. He just plays his schtick so that he can get clicks.

You really believe that was all on Machinima? They said that to make sure those kind of deals would continue. Their entire explanation of what happened was an obvious cover story to protect those writing the checks. Don't believe everything a company says when they have been caught red handed doing something crooked.

Joe may play his gimmick, but he is honest and doesn't take pay offs, that is reason enough for me to follow him, honesty is in short supply these days.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.
post #635 of 3695 Old 02-12-2014, 10:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 45
"Titanfall is friendly, complex, thrilling and borrows wisely not from first-person shooters"

http://www.polygon.com/2014/2/12/5403666/titanfall-beta-preview
agnathra likes this.
post #636 of 3695 Old 02-12-2014, 11:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 534
hopefully multiple AVS guys get into the beta. would be nice to go into the chaos together with some folks here.

the article from The Verge got me excited as well... I like how they borrow Halo's line... and the formatting is really nice (the art direction at Polygon is excellent).

http://www.theverge.com/2014/2/12/5402862/titanfall-preview

Combat evolved: 'Titanfall' is the first real next-gen shooter
Is this Microsoft's next Halo?
agnathra likes this.
post #637 of 3695 Old 02-13-2014, 03:55 AM
AVS Addicted Member

I could def see it being as influential as cod 4. When you think about it, what made mw1 special was tight gameplay combined with a ton of ideas cribbed from other genres like RPGs. Only this time it's MOBAs. Seems like the same story all over again.

Get ready for a decade of shooters with creeps!

post #638 of 3695 Old 02-13-2014, 07:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 186
February 13, 2014

Well this should be interesting....
RKRocha likes this.

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
post #639 of 3695 Old 02-13-2014, 09:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 127
I used two emails to apply for the Beta, if I happen to get two codes and my good buddy also gets one, I will definitely share the codes with an AVS member.

XBOX Live ID: HONDEboyMAN
PSN ID: ahartig
post #640 of 3695 Old 02-13-2014, 11:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 265
Here are my impressions from the alpha. Preface it by saying I loved Moder Warfare, thought MW2 was okay, and haven't liked one since.

I played the alpha for Titanfall more in a weekend than I've spent playing Ghosts since I bought it. I had more fun playing as a pilot than a titan and often left my titan as a sentry outside of a control point. It's so fun to free run up a wall and on top of a building to hop onto the top of a titan and take it down. I never once felt like I couldn't hold my own against a single titan. But man,when you round a corner and see three of those things heading at you, you run. You run as fast as you can.

The game definitely is a white knuckle experience and I haven't had that feeling with a multiplayer game since the first Modern Warfare.

My take on the grunts is this. They are just there to take up space and fill out the map. You can stand 15 feet from one and they fire at you like a storm trooper (hardly ever hit the mark) and it's almost comical. The spectre's on hte other hand can definitely take you out if you run into a group of them. You usually see the grunts camped around a capture point so you can't just sneak in unseen without ever firing a weapon. The spectre's tend to get good position and take pot shots at you and will also fire on the titans.

Graphics are so-so. Little better than Ghosts but nothing too impressive. Didn't really detract from the game though. You don't have a lot of time to go and count pixels in hte tree bark.

The environment plays a large part in strategy also. One map was a city and really leant itself to playing as a pilot and doing a lot of the free running maneuvers. I usually went with a shotgun on that map. The larger map really was a warzone once everyone got a titan, but was too big to really just play as a pilot. I definitely enjoyed the city map better.

I've already decided I'm going to cancel my amazon preorder... and go digital. No way I'm trading this one in.

Edit: One other thing I really liked. Some rounds (especially on the city), I would use a speed boost perk right at the beginning and flank the other team. I'd get 10 kills in hte first minute of the round then pick up my titan early. It's so much fun to start out good, get your titan early, and then just dominate everyone until they get their titan. I really like the way they implemented that system. Shows they really saw the error they made with the COD series.
mikeloxlong likes this.

Xbox Gamertag/PSN ID: RemoWilliams84

"I started out with nothing, and I still got most of it." -Seasick Steve

post #641 of 3695 Old 02-13-2014, 11:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Ign is doing a live stream of the beta in about 15 minutes.

post #642 of 3695 Old 02-13-2014, 12:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by americangunner View Post

Ign is doing a live stream of the beta in about 15 minutes.

I watched the live stream for awhile. Man that looks intense. With that much action onscreen at once, I doubt I'll have time to ponder the differences between 720/792/900/1080p. I'm sure the PS guys will count the pixels while the rest of us are playing the hell out of this game. biggrin.gif
americangunner likes this.
post #643 of 3695 Old 02-13-2014, 12:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsaville View Post

I'm sure the PS guys will count the pixels while the rest of us are playing the hell out of this game. biggrin.gif
That's pretty much what's happening now wink.gif

AT HAMMOND ROBOTICS WE'RE BRINGING THE FUTURE ... HOME
post #644 of 3695 Old 02-13-2014, 01:01 PM
AVS Special Member

It does look like a bunch of fun.

post #645 of 3695 Old 02-13-2014, 01:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsaville View Post

I watched the live stream for awhile. Man that looks intense. With that much action onscreen at once, I doubt I'll have time to ponder the differences between 720/792/900/1080p. I'm sure the PS guys will count the pixels while the rest of us are playing the hell out of this game. biggrin.gif

We won't be counting pixels, just wondering what the Next gen version is going to look like smile.gif
freemeat likes this.

XBL: BigMikeRich
PSN: BigMikeRich
post #646 of 3695 Old 02-13-2014, 01:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 568
60fps video:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=768611

Couple of screens, spoiler tagged due to size:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

post #647 of 3695 Old 02-13-2014, 01:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Glad to see Gamersyde has gotten footage up, once I get my internet installed I will check it out. (Hopefully the ground thaws enough by Saturday, otherwise I have to delay again)

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
post #648 of 3695 Old 02-13-2014, 01:15 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRich View Post

We won't be counting pixels, just wondering what the Next gen version is going to look like smile.gif

Us PC guys will let you know tonight. :)

post #649 of 3695 Old 02-13-2014, 01:24 PM
AVS Special Member

After watching some of the live stream from ign, I gotta say this game looks fun and refreshing. Even Greg Miller, who is a sony guy, seemed really excited for it.

post #650 of 3695 Old 02-13-2014, 02:13 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Just a quick heads up:

Use code 3MCRLE-CG7AF1-G7T08U for 20% off at greenmangaming, comes out to $48 flat.  Activates on origin, of course.

post #651 of 3695 Old 02-13-2014, 02:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoWilliams84 View Post

Here are my impressions from the alpha. Preface it by saying I loved Moder Warfare, thought MW2 was okay, and haven't liked one since.

I played the alpha for Titanfall more in a weekend than I've spent playing Ghosts since I bought it. I had more fun playing as a pilot than a titan and often left my titan as a sentry outside of a control point. It's so fun to free run up a wall and on top of a building to hop onto the top of a titan and take it down. I never once felt like I couldn't hold my own against a single titan. But man,when you round a corner and see three of those things heading at you, you run. You run as fast as you can.

The game definitely is a white knuckle experience and I haven't had that feeling with a multiplayer game since the first Modern Warfare.

My take on the grunts is this. They are just there to take up space and fill out the map. You can stand 15 feet from one and they fire at you like a storm trooper (hardly ever hit the mark) and it's almost comical. The spectre's on hte other hand can definitely take you out if you run into a group of them. You usually see the grunts camped around a capture point so you can't just sneak in unseen without ever firing a weapon. The spectre's tend to get good position and take pot shots at you and will also fire on the titans.

Graphics are so-so. Little better than Ghosts but nothing too impressive. Didn't really detract from the game though. You don't have a lot of time to go and count pixels in hte tree bark.

The environment plays a large part in strategy also. One map was a city and really leant itself to playing as a pilot and doing a lot of the free running maneuvers. I usually went with a shotgun on that map. The larger map really was a warzone once everyone got a titan, but was too big to really just play as a pilot. I definitely enjoyed the city map better.

I've already decided I'm going to cancel my amazon preorder... and go digital. No way I'm trading this one in.

Edit: One other thing I really liked. Some rounds (especially on the city), I would use a speed boost perk right at the beginning and flank the other team. I'd get 10 kills in hte first minute of the round then pick up my titan early. It's so much fun to start out good, get your titan early, and then just dominate everyone until they get their titan. I really like the way they implemented that system. Shows they really saw the error they made with the COD series.

I'm guessing with the Beta being sharable we can finally discuss Alpha stuff?

I agree with everything you say here. I like the grunts because they give you at least some sense of doing well, even if you're not. Like you I was amazed at how few players ever flanked at the start of the map. It was like everyone was CoD blind and had to go toe to toe. I'd always loop around and take out a bunch of people and capture a point with barely any opposition.

-JR
post #652 of 3695 Old 02-13-2014, 03:19 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

Us PC guys will let you know tonight. smile.gif

I've got a PC beta code as well, so I'll confirm as well. I expect the console version to play better but the PC should look better.

post #653 of 3695 Old 02-13-2014, 03:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuiceRocket View Post

I'm guessing with the Beta being sharable we can finally discuss Alpha stuff?

I agree with everything you say here. I like the grunts because they give you at least some sense of doing well, even if you're not. Like you I was amazed at how few players ever flanked at the start of the map. It was like everyone was CoD blind and had to go toe to toe. I'd always loop around and take out a bunch of people and capture a point with barely any opposition.

-JR

Few people ever play smart in online FPS. Flanking usually throws the entire enemy team off since modern shooters are so camper friendly.
JuiceRocket likes this.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
post #654 of 3695 Old 02-13-2014, 03:54 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

I've got a PC beta code as well, so I'll confirm as well. I expect the console version to play better but the PC should look better.

How'd you get the code? Is EA sending them already?

post #655 of 3695 Old 02-13-2014, 04:00 PM
Advanced Member

I got my codes from EA directly, not from the Beta site.

post #656 of 3695 Old 02-13-2014, 04:25 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

I got my codes from EA directly, not from the Beta site.

Press?

post #657 of 3695 Old 02-13-2014, 04:31 PM
Advanced Member

not press, just a regular game industry guy.

post #658 of 3695 Old 02-13-2014, 07:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 215
Do we know what kind of game modes will be offered? (tdm, neutral bomb, Conquest, etc)
post #659 of 3695 Old 02-13-2014, 07:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoWilliams84 View Post

This give me hope

I Geez Zeus Me

My life is richer for not knowing what goes on on reality television
post #660 of 3695 Old 02-13-2014, 07:36 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Arutha_conDoin likes this.

PSN Username - Kenshiro26
XBOX LIVE Gamertag - Kenshiro 26
Steam Username - Kenshiro_26