TitanFall (EA/Respawn, PC/XB1/360, Spring 2014, Game Informer Leak - Page 27 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 02-15-2014, 09:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 44
We'll I'm really impressed with this game. I wasn't expecting much though as I have felt really burnt out on FPSes in general.

I'd say first off it's ashame this won't be on PS4 and secondly I'm glad I decided to purchase a one in addition to my 4.

The game does what Halo 2 and the original MW did: multiplayer is exciting. I love that I can throw the Titan into AI then run back around and rodeo the enemy Titan. The headshot pistol is neat but it's a lot harder to use effectively than the tutorial would lead you to believe. People vanish so quickly from your sights going up, down and all around. Matches are fast but beefy: a lot happens. The maps are expansive yet quick to navigate.

The evac ending is also a really great idea and adds a really fun mini game. I guess what I love about it is that the game is still fun even if your losing. It like killstreaks, I always get rewarded with a Titan. The effectiveness if the Titan is determined buy the effectiveness of the player unlike most KS.

I really recommend checking this title out come March 11.
tampabuc and mboojigga like this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2014, 09:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
i can't believe i didnt get a beta code. for some dumb reason i felt like it was my destiny to get in on it since i'm so damn excited for this game. REALLY disappointed...

oh well, back to AC IV. frown.gif

---Mr. Met---

J-E-T-S-JETS JETS JETS!!!!!!! --- LETS GO DE-VILS!!!!!!! --- LETS GO METS!!!!!!! --- LETS GO NETS!!!!!!!
Old 02-15-2014, 09:50 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
F5 key is worn out refreshing my inbox so many times, no code here either.
Old 02-15-2014, 09:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by talbain View Post

i can't believe i didnt get a beta code. for some dumb reason i felt like it was my destiny to get in on it since i'm so damn excited for this game. REALLY disappointed...

oh well, back to AC IV. frown.gif

Ha ah, right there with ya
Old 02-15-2014, 10:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahartig View Post

Anyone still wanting a code. Email EA help. Tell them you have pre-ordered the game and would like a beta key. Should work. I got mine that way.

WORKED! Appreciate it!

Mathematics is the reason for the season.

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Ogive

Old 02-15-2014, 10:08 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 465 Post(s)
Liked: 1468
It's definitely growing on me, once I got into hard point. I still don't know if it has the same staying power as cod though. I guess what I don't like is that you rarely feel like you're interacting with other players outside of the Titan battles. It's like 99% of the time I've been killed on foot I get randomly shot in the back or from a mile away, it's just zero fun. Same with every kill I've gotten, haven't had any good back and forth firefights. That's what happens when you have laser accurate hitscan weapons and huge maps. It's just little specks shooting at other little specks. If players had to actually engage each other with projectile weapons (like tribes) I think it'd be a lot more fun (and less noob friendly.)

The Titan battles on the other hand are excellent, feels like there's a lot of skill to it....as long as a pilot doesn't come in and ruin it.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
Old 02-15-2014, 10:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 560
A Titan Only mode would interest me greatly, I haven't played a good mech game in 10 years.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.
Old 02-15-2014, 10:13 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PENDRAG0ON View Post

A Titan Only mode would interest me greatly, I haven't played a good mech game in 10 years.

It def makes me want to try out hawken.

Old 02-15-2014, 10:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 343 Post(s)
Liked: 968
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

It def makes me want to try out hawken.

Hawken is fun. Nothing revolutionary but worth a play. There are a couple of good Armored Core games out there too. I honestly think Mechwarrior needs to come back as a full blown Xbone title using every bell and whistle. The more advanced Kinect and voice stuff could make a very engaging time.
Old 02-15-2014, 10:29 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthrsg View Post

Hawken is fun. Nothing revolutionary but worth a play. There are a couple of good Armored Core games out there too. I honestly think Mechwarrior needs to come back as a full blown Xbone title using every bell and whistle. The more advanced Kinect and voice stuff could make a very engaging time.

How egregious are the microtransactions? Is it pay to win, or just cosmetic stuff?

Old 02-15-2014, 10:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 343 Post(s)
Liked: 968
Quote:

How egregious are the microtransactions? Is it pay to win, or just cosmetic stuff?

Never paid or looked real far into it. Played a dozen hours and moved on. It's like hide and seek.
Old 02-15-2014, 10:33 AM
AVS Addicted Member

As far as the PC version goes: looks pretty nice in 1080p/120fps. Its that very clean look that source is known for, although the lens flare is way over the top. Still get some really weird performance drops with no explanation, hopefully they'll fix that by release. Seems to come with crazy high res textures compared to the X1 version, the insane setting must require 3GB of VRAM because it was completely maxing out my 2GB card. You spend so little time close up to stuff its kind of pointless, but if you have a 3GB card, you might as well.

3D is just short of playable. No major graphical issues outside of the backgrounds, but the UI is an absolute disaster. It's prob an easy fix, but I doubt they'll care enough to do it. Hopefully some modder closes the gap, its 99% there and otherwise looks awesome in 3D.   

Old 02-15-2014, 10:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Last Titan Standing already mentioned as one of the gametypes.

Old 02-15-2014, 10:47 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrtledog View Post

No one was playing it when I tried it, couldnt get into a match.

Old 02-15-2014, 10:51 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 40
LTS is not Titans only. Everyone starts with a Titan and one life but you can disembark immediately.

Xbox handle: TheRotoman
Old 02-15-2014, 10:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrtledog View Post

Sounds like a no respawn mode, which is usually a game of hide and seek. I'll check out some gameplay vids tonight when I have unlimited data.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.
Old 02-15-2014, 10:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 272
Quote:

It's definitely growing on me, once I got into hard point. I still don't know if it has the same staying power as cod though. I guess what I don't like is that you rarely feel like you're interacting with other players outside of the Titan battles. It's like 99% of the time I've been killed on foot I get randomly shot in the back or from a mile away, it's just zero fun. Same with every kill I've gotten, haven't had any good back and forth firefights. That's what happens when you have laser accurate hitscan weapons and huge maps. It's just little specks shooting at other little specks. If players had to actually engage each other with projectile weapons (like tribes) I think it'd be a lot more fun (and less noob friendly.)

The Titan battles on the other hand are excellent, feels like there's a lot of skill to it....as long as a pilot doesn't come in and ruin it.
during the alpha I felt exactly the opposite as far as firefights. Seemed like if you employed the wall running maneuvers and stayed moving you were rarely ever sniped. But that's in console with a controller instead of keyboard and mouse. One if the reason I stopped playing pc fps online. The accuracy with a mouse is just too much.

Xbox Gamertag/PSN ID: RemoWilliams84

"I started out with nothing, and I still got most of it." -Seasick Steve

Old 02-15-2014, 11:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoWilliams84 View Post

during the alpha I felt exactly the opposite as far as firefights. Seemed like if you employed the wall running maneuvers and stayed moving you were rarely ever sniped. But that's in console with a controller instead of keyboard and mouse. One if the reason I stopped playing pc fps online. The accuracy with a mouse is just too much.

Agreed, the creeps sneak up on you if you stay put and have no radar. The wall running makes you hard to target so weapons like the auto lock pistol make total sense.

Old 02-15-2014, 11:17 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoWilliams84 View Post

Honestly though you're perfectly competitive when playing with a controller. I think I've overall done better actually, thanks to the aim assist. It's hard to track a pilot jumping around everywhere with the mouse, but the assist does most of the work for you up close.

Old 02-15-2014, 11:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Played for about an hour this morning. It's fun but I can't see paying 60 for a multiplayer only game.
Old 02-15-2014, 11:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
Quote:

Anyone still wanting a code. Email EA help. Tell them you have pre-ordered the game and would like a beta key. Should work. I got mine that way.

Good call... I emailed support and had a code within an hour.

XBL GT: DMBFiredancer
Old 02-15-2014, 11:29 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 241
I played it for a couple of hours this morning. I thought the graphics were very good, and the action was intense. I mostly played Attrition, and I wasn't quite as bad at the game as I thought I would be. There was virtually no teamwork, but I guess that's to be expected when playing with random people. I only played Last Titan Standing once, and my team got slaughtered. Everybody wandering around aimlessly doesn't work well at all in that mode. smile.gif

I'm definitely looking forward to the release of this game. I'm hoping they have some smaller maps and additional game modes.
Old 02-15-2014, 11:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 45
browerjs,

Did you choose the option that you received an incorrect beta code?
Old 02-15-2014, 12:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 83
It would of be nice if it had a mission option.
Old 02-15-2014, 12:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalsaber View Post

Played for about an hour this morning. It's fun but I can't see paying 60 for a multiplayer only game.
Funny with Battlefield 3 and 4 if I showed any time logged on Single player that is my son who did it. I have no problems dropping $60 for just a MP game and this one I will gladly do.

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
Old 02-15-2014, 12:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 154 Post(s)
Liked: 201
I went to play this morning and noticed in the Private Lobby that the Invite option was not available. I checked my friends list and had at least one friend online and playing. Anyone else notice this?

My Thoughts on the game so far is that it is addicting. Graphics are better than I thought, but then seriously who has time to look with how intense the action is. Even when I watch my son play I'm too engrossed with what he is doing to pay attention to the details, but from what I have seen I am happy with how it looks for the Xbox one.

Gameplay is unique. I like the fact that now there do not seem to be any choke points in the maps. With ability to run up and scale walls you can easily outmaneuver a position and flank singly or with a small group. I do hope to see a hardcore mode where there is no Mini map, or at least no icons for player locations on it! I like how the gameplay changes from pilot to Titan. I was somewhat worried the feel would be the same for both, but each have their own tactics especially with the Titans ability to Dash/Dodge. Sniping is a lot less in the game as well. I did get nailed a few times, but nothing like I was on COD. Some are going to hate this fact, but others are going to love (I was one).

Weapons I like the variety you start with, but then I got the SMG, and OMG I fell in love. That thing is devastating for me so far. I get the feeling they are going to have nerf that one some when the game comes out.

Overall I am totally stoked for the game. I had a feeling I was going to like, but I didn't think I was going to get hooked on it like I did so far. I rarely kick my son off to play games when he is playing, but this morning watching him play a few rounds I had decided it was time for me to play and not spectate! He was not happy since he only got two rounds in:D March 11th will be a long wait after this beta is over....

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
Old 02-15-2014, 12:20 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 335
I'll take an extra code if anyone has one.

Gave mine away because I cant play till Monday night/Tuesday. But definitely interested if someone has an extra.

Thanks!

Xbox Live & PSN gamertag- Daekwan
www.facebook.com/Daekwan
Old 02-15-2014, 12:33 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Thanks! Like others, this worked for me too!
Old 02-15-2014, 12:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 45
how long did it take?
Old 02-15-2014, 12:40 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithfarmer View Post

browerjs,

Did you choose the option that you received an incorrect beta code?

I think that's the one. There's a field that asks you to input the code that isn't working and that's where you tell them your story. It doesn't actually need a code to be accepted.

Took just under two hours for them to get back to me with a code.

Tags
Titanfall