TitanFall (EA/Respawn, PC/XB1/360, Spring 2014, Game Informer Leak - Page 34 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 25Likes

post #991 of 3666 Old 02-17-2014, 09:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowSS View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpalmieri1203 View Post

Great news on the amount of levels included. I wonder what "campaign multiplayer" is?

I thought they were including a campaign, but it was "online". You party up with 4(?) friends and multiplayer campaign. Am I just making this up? I can't find the source right now.

[EDIT] Found it:
Quote:
So we’ve only really spoken about one way to play Titanfall. That’s Campaign Multiplayer. You can join a lobby by yourself or with a party, but here’s where it gets different. You and your party or enlisted into a faction, either IMC or Militia. You’ll play the campaign and progress through the narrative hitting the missions in order until you’ve beaten the game on that faction. You’ll then have the option to play through again from the beginning on the other faction. Once you’ve beaten the game from both sides, you’ll be able to play any mission on either faction you like. There are traditional modes as well that you’d expect from a multiplayer FPS game and you can start playing those from the first time you run the game. No matter what you play, you earn XP and progress.​

Multiplayer Campaign

Online Multiplayer Campaign. Sounds like a lot of fun. Unless you don't like playing with others I don't see what's not to like.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #992 of 3666 Old 02-17-2014, 10:13 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 232
When I hear the word "campaign" I instantly assume that means AI-only opponents. If that's the case here, then that largely assuages any complaints about this game being "multiplayer only." Although I'm loving the traditional MP modes, it would be nice to get a break from human opponents every now and then.
post #993 of 3666 Old 02-17-2014, 10:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 145
some impressions forgive me if this is too long

the game is a lot of fun and I'm finally able to see the complexities of the game after what I initially thought was mostly superficial novelty fun (wall runs, double jump and Titans). TBH, it wasn't a mind blowing experience ala love at first sight, it was more of a learn to love the game thing but man did you learn to love the game quickly.

Deakwan was kind enough to give me his code while he was on vacay and in return, I emailed him mine when I got it. Even trade enough.

"lt's not hatred that's important. lt's a desire to annihilate"
-101 Dalmatians

It's fun to annihilate bots, pilots, titans and any combination of them as a pilot but it's even more fun to get a Titan and try to do it. I'm not quite certain of the staying power of TitanFall. not completely sold but I'm as close as I've ever been. I run into the same stuff with this game as COD. There are campers in the game. High above the battlefield and even harder to see (be it through distance and/or cloaking) it's tougher than ever to see these guys which can be quite frustrating. There are many ways to take them out, stay in building, use your sniper rifle, use a Titan (when you get one) etc. etc. etc.

the Maps seem blurry to me. An by that I mean there's no pawn shop, garage, strip club, Ginas, ice cave, cave, cannery, ship sniper. There are some landmarks sure but the call outs for their locs seem lost for me. Maybe it's because of all the things going on combined with not enough time. It's more a mindless shoot the baddies all up and down the street for 10 or so minutes. Hoping that these two are not the best maps of the lot. So far it's literally an exercise in "move towards the red dots for action" for a few hours.

the weapons have barely any recoil on them. It's like lasers. The auto-pistol is awesome but it's more suited for flanking and surprise attacks vs. head to head combat. I've never been very good with pistols, good but not great. Neither have I been a shotgun master. I think in time, it would be wise of me to learn them to see what tactical advantages they have in a game like this. In COD, they had their place but I'm not sure with TF.

One of the things I know I will miss is that rush of trying not to die to get my kill streaks. Part of the allure and bragging rights is knowing you can stay alive longer and get higher kill streaks than most people. With TF, it's just not there. Everyone gets one eventually and in some cases, it's advantageous to use your Titan later and be opportunistic against weakened Titans for example.

Other than that, the game is pretty fun. Solid gameplay feel for sure and really intuitive as well. It pays to play fast and not camp because not only are you competing against the other team, you are also trying to get those grunts for points against your own teammates. At first, it's seemed like mindless killing fun. no strategy no real thought out approach to the game but the more I played, the more I was able to appreciate that the complexities are right there in front of you to peel off as much as you want. It's really up to you how you want to play it. The more I play the desire to annihilate grows. Annihilate as pilot or Titan, the game is slowly becoming evocative and that response is as close to the first time I played Halo, then COD and to some extent Gears.

some fun points

going stealth and flankjing as a Pilot against AI and other pilots
sneaking up behind a Titan and blowing it's brains up
clearing a room of grunts and hoping that there's an enemy pilot in there
wall running into positions you previously only dreamed of
hearing "Your Titan is ready"
dropping a Titan in the middle of a busy firefight and engaging guard mode
dropping a Titan far from the fight and have it set to follow mode
rodeoing a friendly titan for more firepower against other Titans
if I'm feeling like it, sniping
doing the "return to sender" successfully
rocket lock ons
using Burn cards for the right moment
killing 5 AIs in a row using the auto lock
multi-kill grenades

TitanFall is a new way to have a familiar kind of fun.

I Geez Zeus Me

My life is richer for not knowing what goes on on reality television
post #994 of 3666 Old 02-17-2014, 10:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 54
[quote name="mikeloxlong" url="/t/1476078/.[/quote]

Well said. I agree with your experience. You put the "finding the complexities of the game" perfectly.

XBL-Steelhouse1

"No one wants to fight the naked guy."
post #995 of 3666 Old 02-17-2014, 10:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 172
Got a couple of more Titan drop kills. That thing is so fun.
My new things is I LOVE when someone tries to jump on my Titan's back and take it out. I let him get nice and cozy and then BUZZZZZZ. Zap him with the old electrified smoke. I just wish I could see the look on their faces when it happens. Crazy thing is one dude cameback for seconds and thirds. You'd think after the first time he'd get the idea. The second should reinforce it. Third time you just plain dumb.
I finally was able to get on with some old Gears/COD buddies. And we fell back into all our old roles and were dominating. We usually play just Domina.... uh Hardpoint wink.gif
I'm usually the Hardpoint getter. 2 guys are the forward asualt guys. 1 other guy is our long range guys and 1 other guy usually roams either helping me get a point when trouble is a foot or going off with the last roaming guy.
We were really dominating then we ran into some group of guys where herein lies an "uh oh". It was VERY clear and apparent that something was up. Either these guys were playing in China somewhere or they were EA guys in disguised and sitting right next to the servers but it was clear that lag was in effect. I mean it was VERY clear. We simply couldn't kill any of them. They would have their back turned. You'd unload in them and they'd spin around and seemingly shoot you once and down you went. Now we don't know what exactly was going on but hope this data is being evaluated for the future.

Man my eyes were burning after playing so long. We had to pry ourselves from the game.

AT HAMMOND ROBOTICS WE'RE BRINGING THE FUTURE ... HOME
post #996 of 3666 Old 02-17-2014, 10:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 156
One thing I just now realized was possible when looking through my challenges.... apparently you can hack the Spectres? not sure why you'd want to but still. biggrin.gif

XBL/Steam: JHoff80
post #997 of 3666 Old 02-17-2014, 11:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Hacking them makes them fight on your side. Granted it is more fun just killing them.wink.gif
post #998 of 3666 Old 02-17-2014, 11:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post

One thing I just now realized was possible when looking through my challenges.... apparently you can hack the Spectres? not sure why you'd want to but still. biggrin.gif
Run up to them, I think you might have to sneak from behind to do it, but you'll get a prompt to press X to hack them. I've done it a few times. I think if they kill the bots around them you get the credit for those kills. Don't know what else it's good for.

post #999 of 3666 Old 02-17-2014, 11:47 AM
AVS Special Member

post #1000 of 3666 Old 02-17-2014, 12:46 PM

Liked: 17
I liked it! You can go almost anywhere as a pilot and their agility is sweet. I don't like that every game HAS to include a one button melee kill. Really?! I like allowing the assassination melee from behind, but being able to kill with a kick?! That is lame. I was "panic-kicked" too many times (while I was shooting them I might add).

Also I think it could use a definitive notice of whether a pilot is dead or not. I had some heated battles around my Titan in guard mode fighting another Titan while I was trying to take out a pilot. I had a ton of hitmarkers and thought he was dead, but no, he came around a tunnel and killed me. Just more noticeable, IDK maybe I'd recognize it better the more I played.

The Titans are beasts! I ended up a lot of times taking a hardpoint and putting my Titan in guard mode while I went around and had fun.

The enhanced shoulder fired rocket (via a burn card) took out Titans in 2 shots!

I didn't really get any lag, there was an occasional studder when a lot of action was going down, but only a very small percentage of my games saw that.
I finally figured out that pack hunting is the way to go. It's imperative to have a mic I think.
Pretty fun. I will enjoy it!

Xbox GT: CROWSS_LT1
post #1001 of 3666 Old 02-17-2014, 01:09 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowSS View Post

I liked it! You can go almost anywhere as a pilot and their agility is sweet. I don't like that every game HAS to include a one button melee kill. Really?! I like allowing the assassination melee from behind, but being able to kill with a kick?! That is lame. I was "panic-kicked" too many times (while I was shooting them I might add).

I have the same complaint. On more than one occasion, I shot a guy in the chest with the shotgun (maybe not a perfect hit, but I hit them), and they proceed to kill me with a jump kick. I can't think of anything more frustrating than that. I would think that's a simple balance tweak that they can address with the retail version or a future patch.
post #1002 of 3666 Old 02-17-2014, 01:19 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 273 Post(s)
Liked: 1386
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsaville View Post

I have the same complaint. On more than one occasion, I shot a guy in the chest with the shotgun (maybe not a perfect hit, but I hit them), and they proceed to kill me with a jump kick. I can't think of anything more frustrating than that. I would think that's a simple balance tweak that they can address with the retail version or a future patch.

Nah, that's not going away. Titanfall needs lag comp too. It's pretty solid as it is though, but there will always be those moments, especially in a game this fast.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #1003 of 3666 Old 02-17-2014, 01:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

Nah, that's not going away. Titanfall needs lag comp too. It's pretty solid as it is though, but there will always be those moments, especially in a game this fast.

Maybe if they pulled out a knife and stabbed me in the neck, I could live with it. Dying from a kick to the chest is just really lame. biggrin.gif
pennhunter likes this.
post #1004 of 3666 Old 02-17-2014, 01:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 557
Quote:

Maybe if they pulled out a knife and stabbed me in the neck, I could live with it. biggrin.gif

I am laughing way more than I should be at this.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.
post #1005 of 3666 Old 02-17-2014, 02:39 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 441
Quote:
Originally Posted by totalownership View Post

Got a couple of more Titan drop kills. That thing is so fun.
My new things is I LOVE when someone tries to jump on my Titan's back and take it out. I let him get nice and cozy and then BUZZZZZZ. Zap him with the old electrified smoke. I just wish I could see the look on their faces when it happens. Crazy thing is one dude cameback for seconds and thirds. You'd think after the first time he'd get the idea. The second should reinforce it. Third time you just plain dumb.
I finally was able to get on with some old Gears/COD buddies. And we fell back into all our old roles and were dominating. We usually play just Domina.... uh Hardpoint wink.gif
I'm usually the Hardpoint getter. 2 guys are the forward asualt guys. 1 other guy is our long range guys and 1 other guy usually roams either helping me get a point when trouble is a foot or going off with the last roaming guy.
We were really dominating then we ran into some group of guys where herein lies an "uh oh". It was VERY clear and apparent that something was up. Either these guys were playing in China somewhere or they were EA guys in disguised and sitting right next to the servers but it was clear that lag was in effect. I mean it was VERY clear. We simply couldn't kill any of them. They would have their back turned. You'd unload in them and they'd spin around and seemingly shoot you once and down you went. Now we don't know what exactly was going on but hope this data is being evaluated for the future.

Man my eyes were burning after playing so long. We had to pry ourselves from the game.

That was probably me frown.gif
pennhunter likes this.

The 5.0 is here
post #1006 of 3666 Old 02-17-2014, 02:58 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Loving the Beta, everything has been smooth and haven't noticed any lag. Besides many of the points already mentioned, one thing that I don't remember anyone mentioning is the sound. Crank the surround and sub...WOW!!!
post #1007 of 3666 Old 02-17-2014, 03:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeron View Post

Loving the Beta, everything has been smooth and haven't noticed any lag. Besides many of the points already mentioned, one thing that I don't remember anyone mentioning is the sound. Crank the surround and sub...WOW!!!
Funny thing you mentioned sound. I just tied it on the PC and noticed the sound portion of the install was pretty big. So I had my self psyched up for some nice audio. I use headphones while PC gaming and my speaker system while console gaming. I have to say on the PC side I was underwhelmed. One sound that seemed to be different is the jet pack sound. Seems more pronounced on the console than the PC. Visually, of course , it was better than on the PC BUT I expected more. I had everything cranked up and still couldn't get rid of some AA happening. I don't know. I guess i would have to do some tweaking and because of that.... I'll be on Xbox One with this title. My PC is pretty much strictly for racing and playing whatever free games I get with graphic card bundles.

post #1008 of 3666 Old 02-17-2014, 03:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 213
Yeah I never did get a beta invite.
post #1009 of 3666 Old 02-17-2014, 03:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 86
One other thing I don't like - if you're in a party you HAVE to join your friends. It won't let you join one match while members of your party are in a different match.
post #1010 of 3666 Old 02-17-2014, 03:42 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 160
So which version are you guys planning to pick up... 360 / Xone / PC?

Jason

My Twitch Game Stream [PS4/Xone/PC]...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #1011 of 3666 Old 02-17-2014, 03:42 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mphfrom77 View Post

You no longer need a key. It is available as a demo for everyone.
Daekwan and mphfrom77 like this.

The 5.0 is here
post #1012 of 3666 Old 02-17-2014, 04:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 213
Oh, I see. How long is the this available then. I can't get on tonight, maybe tomorrow.
post #1013 of 3666 Old 02-17-2014, 04:56 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Oh, I see. How long is the this available then. I can't get on tonight, maybe tomorrow.

I think it got extended until tomorrow or Wednesday? Not sure.

The 5.0 is here
post #1014 of 3666 Old 02-17-2014, 05:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 496
tuesday was the original close. it's going to get moved to wednesday and hopefully even thursday
post #1015 of 3666 Old 02-17-2014, 05:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjonsnow View Post

One other thing I don't like - if you're in a party you HAVE to join your friends. It won't let you join one match while members of your party are in a different match.

the update hasn't been rolled out yet for the new party system coming up. that's in march.
post #1016 of 3666 Old 02-17-2014, 05:15 PM
AVS Special Member

my vid's not up on Youtube yet... but got a screenshot of my one and only Titanfall on another Titan...

post #1017 of 3666 Old 02-17-2014, 05:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 173
Quote:

Maybe if they pulled out a knife and stabbed me in the neck, I could live with it. Dying from a kick to the chest is just really lame. biggrin.gif
Maybe they have Van Dame thighs so dying the kicks is ok biggrin.gif

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
post #1018 of 3666 Old 02-17-2014, 05:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGamePimp View Post

So which version are you guys planning to pick up... 360 / Xone / PC?

Jason
Xone for me. My son is having too much fun on this too, and he is not a mouse and keyboard player (ahhh, maybe I should ground from the controller until he learns to master the keyboard and mouse biggrin.gif )

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
post #1019 of 3666 Old 02-17-2014, 05:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Liked: 414
Quote:

I don't think they opened up to PC yet.

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami -
post #1020 of 3666 Old 02-17-2014, 05:48 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post

I don't think they opened up to PC yet.

They did. Everyone who registered for the beta on PC was automatically added. Titanfall Beta just shows up in your games list, you don't get an email
mphfrom77 likes this.

<--- All gamertags listed there -

__________________________________________________ _
Plan9Reloaded Co-host
Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast

- direct pod link

- main website
Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Titanfall

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page