TitanFall (EA/Respawn, PC/XB1/360, Spring 2014, Game Informer Leak - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 39Likes
post #91 of 3724 Old 08-20-2013, 11:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekwan View Post

Cant stop watching that video. This game will rock!

I'm actually glad its coming out in the Spring vs being another launch title. That way, right about the time I'm getting tired of playing COD:Ghosts and its started to get old.. I will have this game to look forward too!

I've never understood why BF and Halo never changed to spring launch titles. Launching any FPS in the month of November is guaranteed to be an uphill battle. COD is a juggernaut and the series has only gotten more popular every year. Battling them for November sales is only hurting yourself.
Yep. Everything just looks refreshing! I love the battlefield having some much vertical diversity without sacrificing pace, dig the weapons, animations, titans, etc. Everything just looks like the fresh perspective the FPS world needs (assuming its executed as well as it looks to be).

My Rig

Kenobi's 31 Days of Horror:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 3724 Old 08-20-2013, 12:14 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Titanfall: COD Killer

That should be the name

If they don't screw this up we may have a new king to sit upon the throne. The community is begging for something new and fresh, now is the time to strike.

Xbox Live/PSN: bucwylde23

Daekwan: What makes a grown man want to be a troll like this?

coyote_5: You know who's cool and doesn't know it? Bucwylde. Jus' sayin.

post #93 of 3724 Old 08-20-2013, 07:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 358 Post(s)
Liked: 573
I really want a look at the 360 port-- but other than that this game is giving me the same feelings of excitement and anticipation I had going into mw3 (and subsequently being massively disappointed).

The 'old' IWs finger prints are all over this. You look at the game and despite the mechs and futuristic setting/weapons it still looks more like cod than the new cod... And I mean that as a compliment.

"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love."

--Carl Sagan
post #94 of 3724 Old 08-21-2013, 02:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sage11x View Post

I really want a look at the 360 port-- but other than that this game is giving me the same feelings of excitement and anticipation I had going into mw3 (and subsequently being massively disappointed).

The 'old' IWs finger prints are all over this. You look at the game and despite the mechs and futuristic setting/weapons it still looks more like cod than the new cod... And I mean that as a compliment.
Not sure I agree... this just seems so much more innovative than anything we've seen in COD since maybe MW2. The vertical gameplay will have a substantial impact on MP matches and map concepts. If the controls were implemented properly and we are not lagfuhked it should be a win and like buc said a COD killer.

My Rig

post #95 of 3724 Old 08-21-2013, 06:10 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 499 Post(s)
Liked: 1481
Grr where's my 60fps video already...

I hope they have a solution for people to get around seeing the same intro sequence 10,000 times.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #96 of 3724 Old 08-21-2013, 06:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kenobi View Post

Not sure I agree... this just seems so much more innovative than anything we've seen in COD since maybe MW2. The vertical gameplay will have a substantial impact on MP matches and map concepts. If the controls were implemented properly and we are not lagfuhked it should be a win and like buc said a COD killer.

That's just the thing. Cod4 was THE innovator. Mw2, as a sequel, still managed to bring new and exciting gameplay ideas to the table--remember how insane it was seeing the ac-130 trailer for the first time?

Every other cod, including black ops 1, is just a riff off that original formula. The 'old IW' knew how to innovate, Treyarch and the 'new IW' know how to copy. To me, the facsimile always loses something...

Go watch the 'flag runner' mp preview of mw2 and then watch this latest titanfall preview from gamescom and maybe you'll see what I'm saying.

As for lag, who knows how well this cloud hosting will be implemented. My feeling is there might be some rough patches early on. Controls should be awesome-- this IS the former IW and they're working with the fantastic steam engine here.

--Carl Sagan
post #97 of 3724 Old 08-21-2013, 12:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 585
apparently, they had both keyboard/mouse and One controller setups at Gamescom:

http://www.theverge.com/2013/8/21/4643152/titanfall-best-of-gamescom-2013?login=1377108632

There are two main protagonist classes in the game: the agile and quick Pilots, equipped with Jump Jets to facilitate wall running and double jumps, and the titular Titans, which are slow and graceless, but pack devastating firepower. Those are then further differentiated on the basis of user loadout, with three sub-classes of Pilot and Titan diversifying your options. Switching between your Pilot and a Titan is a matter of calling in an airdrop of the massive mech and then jumping into it — the transition is beautifully smooth and keeps you entirely absorbed in the action.

EA's Gamescom booth allows players a chance to try the Attrition multiplayer mode, where a group of hostage rescuers squares off against a squad of uncooperative kidnappers. I took part as one of the base defenders, though frankly the action is so frenetic as to make it almost irrelevant which side you're on — the point is to kill the enemy and Titanfall offers a supremely satisfying variety of ways to do so. The Tactical Pilot gets a Smart Pistol that can shoot around corners, one of the Titan types has a Vortex Shield that can absorb bullets and then spit them back out, and there are of course a set of heavy anti-Titan weapons to balance the fight.

The beauty of Titanfall's gameplay is in just how well all this variety comes together. Spotting an enemy Titan feels suitably terrifying, but height obstacles keep them away from the covered-up areas of the map and out in the open. A pair of Titans can thus dominate the center of battle, but there's plenty of room for quick-witted Pilots to outmaneuver and take them down. Wall running, in particular, hasn't felt this good since I first experienced it in the Prince of Persia series. The only evidence of this being pre-alpha software is in the AI enemies, whose reactions appear slow and dimwitted.

I played Titanfall with both a keyboard and mouse combo and an Xbox controller. The old school PC controls still feel like the most natural way to direct a first-person game, though Xbox gamers won't lose too much in the transition to a gamepad. The keys are mapped intelligently and you adapt to either control scheme pretty quickly.

Titanfall will launch on PC, Xbox 360, and the Xbox One in 2014.
post #98 of 3724 Old 08-21-2013, 01:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post

apparently, they had both keyboard/mouse and One controller setups at Gamescom:

http://www.theverge.com/2013/8/21/4643152/titanfall-best-of-gamescom-2013?login=1377108632

There are two main protagonist classes in the game: the agile and quick Pilots, equipped with Jump Jets to facilitate wall running and double jumps, and the titular Titans, which are slow and graceless, but pack devastating firepower. Those are then further differentiated on the basis of user loadout, with three sub-classes of Pilot and Titan diversifying your options. Switching between your Pilot and a Titan is a matter of calling in an airdrop of the massive mech and then jumping into it — the transition is beautifully smooth and keeps you entirely absorbed in the action.

EA's Gamescom booth allows players a chance to try the Attrition multiplayer mode, where a group of hostage rescuers squares off against a squad of uncooperative kidnappers. I took part as one of the base defenders, though frankly the action is so frenetic as to make it almost irrelevant which side you're on — the point is to kill the enemy and Titanfall offers a supremely satisfying variety of ways to do so. The Tactical Pilot gets a Smart Pistol that can shoot around corners, one of the Titan types has a Vortex Shield that can absorb bullets and then spit them back out, and there are of course a set of heavy anti-Titan weapons to balance the fight.

The beauty of Titanfall's gameplay is in just how well all this variety comes together. Spotting an enemy Titan feels suitably terrifying, but height obstacles keep them away from the covered-up areas of the map and out in the open. A pair of Titans can thus dominate the center of battle, but there's plenty of room for quick-witted Pilots to outmaneuver and take them down. Wall running, in particular, hasn't felt this good since I first experienced it in the Prince of Persia series. The only evidence of this being pre-alpha software is in the AI enemies, whose reactions appear slow and dimwitted.

I played Titanfall with both a keyboard and mouse combo and an Xbox controller. The old school PC controls still feel like the most natural way to direct a first-person game, though Xbox gamers won't lose too much in the transition to a gamepad. The keys are mapped intelligently and you adapt to either control scheme pretty quickly.

Titanfall will launch on PC, Xbox 360, and the Xbox One in 2014.
Oh mamma! And the headlines read "RIP COD 10/29/2003 - Titanfall"

My Rig

post #99 of 3724 Old 08-21-2013, 02:11 PM
AVS Special Member

the things they talked... man, spring can't get here fast enough!
post #100 of 3724 Old 08-21-2013, 03:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 183
If that doesn't get you pumped I don't know what will!

Xbox Live: TheRealMaxPower --- PSN: TheRealMaxPower

Panasonic TC-P65VT60    Vienna Acoustic Mozart Grands    Onkyo TX-SR805   Sony BDP-S790

Astro Mixamp 2013   Schiit Modi    AKG K702 65th Anniversary   Antlion ModMic    Sennheiser PC360

Theater- Benq W1070    Elite 120" projection...

post #101 of 3724 Old 08-21-2013, 04:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

Grr where's my 60fps video already...

I hope they have a solution for people to get around seeing the same intro sequence 10,000 times.

Respawn ‏@Respawn 26m

Looking for the 1080p/60 FPS Titanfall Gamescom gameplay trailer? Download it now on http://www.titanfall.com

post #102 of 3724 Old 08-21-2013, 05:38 PM
AVS Special Member

is the server being killed? I can't download the video... god, I love watching 60 fps videos. I looked up pricing for 1080p60 recorders and had heart palpitations...

I'm just going to stick with 1080p30 recording for now...
post #103 of 3724 Old 08-21-2013, 06:22 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

is the server being killed? I can't download the video... god, I love watching 60 fps videos. I looked up pricing for 1080p60 recorders and had heart palpitations...

I'm just going to stick with 1080p30 recording for now...

They apparently got so slammed, they had to take it down. Should be back up soon though.

post #104 of 3724 Old 08-22-2013, 02:49 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Here's a good video about Respawn.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_SvvX_EDWYI&feature=relmfu

I did some research on Vincent and Jason, amazing how activision really tried to screw them.

gt: EverydayBADGUY
post #105 of 3724 Old 08-22-2013, 09:09 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 466
Titanfall has been the talk of Gamescom so far. The Respawn Entertainment-developed FPS -- which doubles as an insane mech-like multiplayer monstrosity of an experience -- is coming to Xbox 360, Xbox One and PC next year, but there's still plenty to learn about the highly anticipated shooter.
One especially intriguing aspect of the game is how Respawn is taking advantage of the Xbox One's self-proclaimed "power of the cloud", which Microsoft has done a superb job of explaining in meticulously-scripted showings to press, but hasn't quite been showcased to the general public in its simplest of forms.
In an interview with MMGN at Gamescom 2013, Titanfall producer Drew Mccoy said the one thing gamers seem to be confused about when it comes to Xbox One's development philosophy is the "cloud" itself, and how developers are actually using it.
"We had a lot of reactions where people didn’t quite know about the 'cloud' coming out of E3," he explained. "We said we were using it, and it’s going to be cool.
"We’re not using the cloud for what other studios could use it for. What it boils down to is that Microsoft has data centers all over the world, with tones of data sitting in a giant pool of resources that allow us to say, 'Hey, you’re in Germany and you want to play ... here’s a German server for you!
"It dynamically allocates servers for you based on where you’re playing from."
Dedicated servers are the one thing players of franchises like Call of Duty and Battlefield have been asking for on consoles. Microsoft's "power of the cloud" is now allowing developers to mould online experiences more suited to the region of the player, which is something that should definitely help herald a new generation of gaming.

http://mmgn.com/xboxone/news--titanfall-developer-simplifies-xbox-ones-powe

The 5.0 is here
post #106 of 3724 Old 08-22-2013, 09:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Liked: 741
i have never been so uninterested and interested in a game at the same time. let me explain, when i saw the initial footage and concept it had very little interest to me, combining mechs and FPS, meh, who cares.. it still doesn't just make me excited (the way BF4 does), but i haven't heard anything negative about the game and i am one of the few people that enjoy both COD and BF (although i like BF a little more, i have put quite a bit of time into COD), so i doubt that when TF comes out that i won't buy it or enjoy playing it (assuming it is as good as everyone is saying)..
post #107 of 3724 Old 08-22-2013, 09:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 287
I just hope that Destiny and Titanfall don't release around the same time since I want to play both of them a bunch.

XBL: xGunner26x

PSN: AMER1CAN_GUNNER

Steam: xGunner26x

post #108 of 3724 Old 08-22-2013, 01:29 PM
AVS Special Member

I'm finding it hard to get into Destiny. I've only watched a couple of vids and neither has particularly interested me. maybe someone could point me to a wow video. i know this isn't a destiny thread so maybe PM me?

my last experience with a Bungie game (Halo: Reach) wasn't a wow experience. It was good but a little disappointing (Halo 4 redeemed the franchise IMO).
post #109 of 3724 Old 08-22-2013, 02:31 PM
AVS Special Member

This game interests me because the idea just seems very fresh. Sure the individual components have been used before-- military shooter, yep; mech combat, sure-- but there hasn't been a game that really integrates all these components into one experience and based on the pedigree of the development team I think we're in for a fun time...

--Carl Sagan
post #110 of 3724 Old 08-22-2013, 03:04 PM
AVS Addicted Member

http://penny-arcade.com/report/article/titanfall-looks-amazing-but-it-plays-much-much-better-than-it-looks
Quote:
The control layout simply makes sense, to the point where I can’t even describe it to you. The buttons your fingers reach for to do the thing you want them to do? Those buttons work the way you expect. It all snaps into place quickly, and the game opens up for even beginning players to feel like they’re masters of the environment.

It's hard to go back to other shooters after playing Titanfall; everything else begins to feel slow and clumsy. The speed of the game, combined with the precision of the controls, makes you feel like a surgeon as much as a soldier. It's a beautiful game to watch, sure, but it comes to life once the controller is in your hand, and you get a sense for what is now possible in terms of movement.

Titanfall is going to get a lot of attention for its visuals, and rightly so, but the praise it's receiving may seem like hyperbole until more people get their hands on it. Let's hope that's sooner rather than later.

Glad to hear people are liking it even more after playing it.
freemeat likes this.

post #111 of 3724 Old 08-22-2013, 03:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I'm finding it hard to get into Destiny. I've only watched a couple of vids and neither has particularly interested me. maybe someone could point me to a wow video. i know this isn't a destiny thread so maybe PM me?

my last experience with a Bungie game (Halo: Reach) wasn't a wow experience. It was good but a little disappointing (Halo 4 redeemed the franchise IMO).
Halo 4 was my least favorite. But Titanfall just looks like all win. I think gamers will be hungry for something they have never seen or done before with the next wave of nextgen consoles. Not to say BF and COD will be obsolete but it's time for a new experience to reign for a while.
americangunner likes this.

My Rig

post #112 of 3724 Old 08-22-2013, 03:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Kenobi View Post

Halo 4 was my least favorite. But Titanfall just looks like all win. I think gamers will be hungry for something they have never seen or done before with the next wave of nextgen consoles. Not to say BF and COD will be obsolete but it's time for a new experience to reign for a while.
I enjoyed Halo 4's story, but didn't play very much of the online because all my friends skipped the game. Titanfall is looking like the main driving force behind me grabbing a XB1. I know it won't be out until next year, but knowing that I will want the game makes it easier for me to hang on to my day one preorder.

XBL: xGunner26x

PSN: AMER1CAN_GUNNER

Steam: xGunner26x

post #113 of 3724 Old 08-22-2013, 03:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Halo 4 was fantastic on many levels for me.

It has the best graphics of any Halo game. Sometimes I'm playing and wondering how far things have come from 3 to 4. It destroys the graphics of Reach. The framerate is the best of all of them. It has the spartan ops which is a decent replacement for firefight. I love all horde-like games like Gears of War, Mass Effect, etc. because I love co-op against masses of enemies. I love that you can have Call of Duty style controls so it's easy to switch back and forth between the games. The gameplay does feel like a combo of Halo and Call of Duty which is a good thing to me (yeah, purists and their purity....). The only thing I wished for was 60 fps.
post #114 of 3724 Old 08-22-2013, 05:50 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Downloaded the "60fps" trailer from titanfall.com...........and it's encoded at 29.97fps.  Sigh.

onlysublime likes this.

post #115 of 3724 Old 08-22-2013, 06:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Downloaded the "60fps" trailer from titanfall.com...........and it's encoded at 29.97fps.  Sigh.
thanks for the tip... canceling download.
post #116 of 3724 Old 08-22-2013, 09:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by americangunner View Post

I enjoyed Halo 4's story, but didn't play very much of the online because all my friends skipped the game. Titanfall is looking like the main driving force behind me grabbing a XB1. I know it won't be out until next year, but knowing that I will want the game makes it easier for me to hang on to my day one preorder.

Story?? It was like Mad Libs the Game, I still have no idea what was going on. It was fairly boring too. Yeah, the engine was good, but every Halo seems to be less.. everything.. than the one before.
post #117 of 3724 Old 08-23-2013, 09:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Titanfall to use Respawn's own dedicated servers, not MS' servers.

http://nextvg.com/2013/08/23/titanfall-to-run-on-respawns-own-dedicated-servers-cloud/

post #118 of 3724 Old 08-23-2013, 09:08 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrtledog View Post

Titanfall to use Respawn's own dedicated servers, not MS' servers.

http://nextvg.com/2013/08/23/titanfall-to-run-on-respawns-own-dedicated-servers-cloud/

That looks like a misinterpretation to me, especially since it goes against everything respawn has said. If you click through to the link:
Quote:
The game also doesn’t lock Respawn to Xbox One or Windows, as the cloud tech belongs to them rather than Microsoft.

In other words, respawn wrote the server software, Microsoft is just providing the hardware to run it on X1. But they can port it to any cloud service they want on other platforms.

post #119 of 3724 Old 08-23-2013, 09:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjonsnow View Post

Story?? It was like Mad Libs the Game, I still have no idea what was going on. It was fairly boring too. Yeah, the engine was good, but every Halo seems to be less.. everything.. than the one before.

I laughed at this! smile.gif

The halo 4 campaign was a bit of a let down. Of course-- halo's campaigns have been trending downward since the original anyways so I wasn't too surprised by that. What DID surprise me is just how tepid 343 was with the property. To be clear, I really like halo 4: the single player is enjoyable enough despite being a giant switch hunt (and it's certainly pretty) while the multi player is better balanced than reach and manages to not get as bogged down in it's mechanics as that game did... Still, I wish 343 had taken more liberties with the franchise. I totally get why they didn't-- messing with fanboys' expectations for the game would have been considered high treason within M$.

This is what I'm excited about looking at Respawn: Titanfall is new IP! This is a developer who has full reign to do what they want, how they want, without worrying about how it will meet the expectations of a rabid fan base or stay within the guidelines of an overbearing publisher. Cod, halo, battlefield-- these are franchises held prisoner by their own success. There is no creative freedom in their development and that's killing the fun.

--Carl Sagan
post #120 of 3724 Old 08-23-2013, 10:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

That looks like a misinterpretation to me, especially since it goes against everything respawn has said. If you click through to the link:
In other words, respawn wrote the server software, Microsoft is just providing the hardware to run it on X1. But they can port it to any cloud service they want on other platforms.

That is correct, it was mis-reported. It will run on MS dedi servers.

Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Titanfall

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page