TitanFall (EA/Respawn, PC/XB1/360, Spring 2014, Game Informer Leak - Page 52 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 25Likes

post #1531 of 3667 Old 03-03-2014, 08:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

One day there was info saying they were going to do pre-loading but then a statement was released that the info was incorrect. And you would not be able to pre-purchase/ pre-download TF. I was pissed at first until I remembered that I wouldn't be playing it until the evening of launch day anyway. So I'll just purchase it before I leave for work in the morning and hopefully it will be ready to go when I get home in the evening on both of my XBOnes.
That may work for you, but seeing how I am off already on Monday night and Tuesday night. It would be great if I could at least buy it on Monday and start the DD at Midnight so I can start playing right away since I was planning on being up all night that night (monday) anyways. Truth be told I am pretty disappointed with MS and the DD I think they are dropping the ball on it. For a company who supposedly wanted to go down that road they sure are not giving any incentives on trying to get people to switch over. This is probably the biggest game this year and the only thing I see for a DD is if you buy the $500 TF bundle. Maybe I'll just buy the damn disc just to have it at midnight anyways.

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1532 of 3667 Old 03-03-2014, 08:25 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Grab the game for $50 bucks at a midnight bestbuy release or a little later same day with a pre-order. No messing around.

No BS unknowns to deal with plus you save a few bucks for the next game.
post #1533 of 3667 Old 03-03-2014, 09:36 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 640 Post(s)
Liked: 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arutha_conDoin View Post

That may work for you, but seeing how I am off already on Monday night and Tuesday night. It would be great if I could at least buy it on Monday and start the DD at Midnight so I can start playing right away since I was planning on being up all night that night (monday) anyways. Truth be told I am pretty disappointed with MS and the DD I think they are dropping the ball on it. For a company who supposedly wanted to go down that road they sure are not giving any incentives on trying to get people to switch over. This is probably the biggest game this year and the only thing I see for a DD is if you buy the $500 TF bundle. Maybe I'll just buy the damn disc just to have it at midnight anyways.

Even if they gave me the disc for free, I wouldn't want to use it. Having the games on disc completely changes the experience on the XBOne(or PS4) and not for the better. So I will be sticking with Digital downloads for all my games on both systems. Since they are more expensive I will just be buying fewer games.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #1534 of 3667 Old 03-03-2014, 10:01 PM
Advanced Member

Agreed, a DD only game at the full price of $60, could be justified for this one and only game. I'm coming around....

Destiny and Halo down the road as well maybe but in general, DD can only be justified in instances where I have multiple X1's in the house or shared consoles/games with close family.

I want to buy more games in the mean time. I always have and its important to me while kids are in the house. Disney Infinity & Skylanders will bleed you dry so I need to justify my games at an average of $40 new, on release day. Why not? The deals are out there.
post #1535 of 3667 Old 03-03-2014, 10:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 557
Quote:

Even if they gave me the disc for free, I wouldn't want to use it. Having the games on disc completely changes the experience on the XBOne(or PS4) and not for the better. So I will be sticking with Digital downloads for all my games on both systems. Since they are more expensive I will just be buying fewer games.

Online only games, I can justify buying digital. Once the servers are taken down the game is worthless anyway. But I just can't give up physical discs. Even after I lost most of my physical collection to a house fire I still trust physical more than digital. I just can't explain it, even after losing everything like that I still prefer physical when given the option.

Having to use crappy Satellite internet also helps keep me from going full digital. It would probably take 2 nights during my data free zone to grab games over 30GB.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.
post #1536 of 3667 Old 03-03-2014, 10:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by PENDRAG0ON View Post

Having to use crappy Satellite internet also helps keep me from going full digital. It would probably take 2 nights during my data free zone to grab games over 30GB.

As what the great Dionne Warwick said "that's what friends are for" wink.gif

AT HAMMOND ROBOTICS WE'RE BRINGING THE FUTURE ... HOME
post #1537 of 3667 Old 03-03-2014, 10:57 PM
AVS Special Member

I honestly haven't tested just how fast it is at grabbing games. I downloaded the Killzone Multiplayer side in under three hours (13GB) while streaming HD youtube on the browser. I need to see how fast it can download without anything else sapping the bandwith.

I would love to do a proper review of the service as a whole, my experience has been pretty interesting so far...

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
post #1538 of 3667 Old 03-03-2014, 11:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 497
read that there are ziplines in the game!

and a bad-ass beast...

GISMO1 likes this.
post #1539 of 3667 Old 03-04-2014, 12:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 175
Quote:

I'm totally agreeing with you on this, but I think MS is just failing miserably at promoting the DD side of things. They need to push it! If they do not want to do it then open the door to Amazon and let them help. For crying out loud I was able to Killzone on Amazon for cheaper on the DD code on there the PSN (at least I think I was) and I had no issues with it.

If MS was serious about the DD you would think with one week to go they would have Titanfall up on the Marketplace for pre-order. Hell put it up now with the DLC included and I will jump on it in a heart beat. I want my Xbox one like steam. I do not want any more discs and I want some cheaper prices. I Know I will not see Steam sales, but a brand new games should be at least $10 cheaper than the disc based game.

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
post #1540 of 3667 Old 03-04-2014, 04:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arutha_conDoin View Post

I'm totally agreeing with you on this, but I think MS is just failing miserably at promoting the DD side of things. They need to push it! If they do not want to do it then open the door to Amazon and let them help. For crying out loud I was able to Killzone on Amazon for cheaper on the DD code on there the PSN (at least I think I was) and I had no issues with it.

If MS was serious about the DD you would think with one week to go they would have Titanfall up on the Marketplace for pre-order. Hell put it up now with the DLC included and I will jump on it in a heart beat. I want my Xbox one like steam. I do not want any more discs and I want some cheaper prices. I Know I will not see Steam sales, but a brand new games should be at least $10 cheaper than the disc based game.

MS and Sony are in a bit of a bind. If they start offering DD games for cheaper than physical media or offering them earlier, they risk ticking off their major retail outlets (Best Buy, Gamestop, Wal-mart, Amazon) who promote and sell their games and consoles. In the end that is where their major money comes from.
I just don't think they can risk the backlash from these major retailers and that's why DD media will remain the same price as retail.
Jeremy Anderson likes this.
post #1541 of 3667 Old 03-04-2014, 05:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalsaber View Post

MS and Sony are in a bit of a bind. If they start offering DD games for cheaper than physical media or offering them earlier, they risk ticking off their major retail outlets (Best Buy, Gamestop, Wal-mart, Amazon) who promote and sell their games and consoles. In the end that is where their major money comes from.
I just don't think they can risk the backlash from these major retailers and that's why DD media will remain the same price as retail.

That is exactly the problem. Sadly nothing good is going to come of any of it. Some people will justify the cost of anything no matter how badly screwed they are getting. DD prices are absurd. But yet, people are buying them. So why would MS/Sony ever drop the cost? Even once the retail market is gone, they will have no reason to drop prices on DD - because people were buying them at full price anyways.

Speak with your wallet folks. We are in this position with high prices on everything because people keep paying them.
post #1542 of 3667 Old 03-04-2014, 06:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfmp3 View Post

That is exactly the problem. Sadly nothing good is going to come of any of it. Some people will justify the cost of anything no matter how badly screwed they are getting. DD prices are absurd. But yet, people are buying them. So why would MS/Sony ever drop the cost? Even once the retail market is gone, they will have no reason to drop prices on DD - because people were buying them at full price anyways.

Speak with your wallet folks. We are in this position with high prices on everything because people keep paying them.

Not sure why people think DD prices are absurd? The disc makes up such a tiny cost of a game. Discs are pennies. Any money saved in the physical distribution are offset by the costs of digital distribution. It's not cheap to run these servers.

I still buy discs because of the trade in and loan ability, I think digital needs to provide a solution there, but the actual cost shouldn't really be any cheaper than physical.

"The Scuba Tank" thread
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

PSN/XBL : ScubaSteve2365
post #1543 of 3667 Old 03-04-2014, 06:06 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 442
The same can be said about buying digital movies. About the only incentive is is getting it before it is released on BR. Otherwise it cost the same as it does on disc on release date. Digital albums cost the same as retail CD. No change in that except if you want only one song off an album sure but the cost has been basically the same these last 10 years so why is videogames any different than those mediums?

The 5.0 is here
post #1544 of 3667 Old 03-04-2014, 06:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by mboojigga View Post

The same can be said about buying digital movies. About the only incentive is is getting it before it is released on BR. Otherwise it cost the same as it does on disc on release date. Digital albums cost the same as retail CD. No change in that except if you want only one song off an album sure but the cost has been basically the same these last 10 years so why is videogames any different than those mediums?

I don't know about digital movies vs blu rays, but that's not true for CDs. Just check the amazon prices for new releases and the mp3 download of the albums are anywhere from 50 cents to a few bucks cheaper. Doesn't sound like a lot, but $1.50 off a $10 album is 15%. 15% off a $60 game is 9 dollars, so that means if they sold games for $50 digitally that would put them right in line with CDs.

The difference is, music has already made that digital jump as well as PC gaming. Consoles are just lagging behind.
mikeloxlong likes this.

Xbox Gamertag/PSN ID: RemoWilliams84

"I started out with nothing, and I still got most of it." -Seasick Steve

post #1545 of 3667 Old 03-04-2014, 06:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoWilliams84 View Post

I don't know about digital movies vs blu rays, but that's not true for CDs. Just check the amazon prices for new releases and the mp3 download of the albums are anywhere from 50 cents to a few bucks cheaper. Doesn't sound like a lot, but $1.50 off a $10 album is 15%. 15% off a $60 game is 9 dollars, so that means if they sold games for $50 digitally that would put them right in line with CDs.

The difference is, music has already made that digital jump as well as PC gaming. Consoles are just lagging behind.

Music can also be purchased piece-meal, trying buying just Level 3 of a video game. It's model does not directly correlate. The music industry also has to compete with heavily with piracy, something that console games don't have to worry about as much, it's still there, there are always pirates, but console game pirating isn't even remotely close to how easy it is to pirate music. Music is often priced at impulse buy range so as to simply be more convenient than piracy.

The cost of a game isn't it's physical distribution.

"The Scuba Tank" thread

PSN/XBL : ScubaSteve2365
post #1546 of 3667 Old 03-04-2014, 07:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post

read that there are ziplines in the game!

and a bad-ass beast...
I can't wait to see what that thing does when you piss it off. Just one more week. Oh and how dare you attempt to get the thread back on topic with a Titanfall post, all that should be discussed is whether DD is best or not. It's not like this is a Titanfall thread or anything.
mikepaul and mikeloxlong like this.

XBL: xGunner26x

PSN: AMER1CAN_GUNNER

Steam: xGunner26x

post #1547 of 3667 Old 03-04-2014, 08:36 AM

Liked: 34
"Your Titan will be ready in 7 days...." biggrin.gif

WOOT!!
tampabuc and mikeloxlong like this.

XBOX GT: Pegdragger1
post #1548 of 3667 Old 03-04-2014, 08:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 44
I wish Titanfall could be downloaded at say a savings of %40. Would jump on it in a second. One problem why you can't do a fair comparison is mp3 are easily copied and downloaded in a matter of seconds. So they managed to find a reason to get people to do it honestly enough times that they don't mind paying the dollar. Get the one you want and maybe sample an album. Your not forced to pay full price for an album that maybe has at best 2 or 3 songs you like. But it also introduced you to new artists. I don't see how they can do this for a game because of not only the size but the amount of people it requires to produce such an endeavor. Maybe I am off base here, but I am sure Titanfall required an enormous amount of money in the beginning and you have to pay these people. But I still think it is cheaper to maintain those servers (fixed cost) than to produce each game on a disc. Maybe the difference is small, I don't claim to know, but there has to be a reason for people to want to download beside the convenience. One reason I use steam. They obviously figured it out and I don't hear the developers complaining. As it is I am getting Titanfall for $35 of my own money so it is a no brainer for me. And from playing and what I have seen of it, this is one developer that deserves to make as much money as possible for their effort. So hope it sells really well.
post #1549 of 3667 Old 03-04-2014, 09:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 101

post #1550 of 3667 Old 03-04-2014, 09:24 AM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 193
I can't pretend to know what the physical distribution costs are but I would wager they aren't as big as the cut the retailers take. I guess MS and Sony are now making that cut on DD and are not passing it on to the developers but I don't know.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

post #1551 of 3667 Old 03-04-2014, 09:33 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrtledog View Post

Came in here to post this. The hype train is at full steam!!
post #1552 of 3667 Old 03-04-2014, 09:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 145
I DON'T GIVE A FKK ABOUT DD OR DISK, I JUST WANT TO PLAY TITANFALL.
pennhunter and pegdragger like this.

I Geez Zeus Me

My life is richer for not knowing what goes on on reality television
post #1553 of 3667 Old 03-04-2014, 10:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 258
I really hope they do the online campaign mode well. Part of the problem with the stories and mp in COD and BF4 are that they don't tie together at all. You finish the campaign then go into a completely separate multiplayer. If you can give me a reason to care about which side wins with an integrated story, even better.

Xbox Gamertag/PSN ID: RemoWilliams84

"I started out with nothing, and I still got most of it." -Seasick Steve

post #1554 of 3667 Old 03-04-2014, 10:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlittlejeans View Post

I can't pretend to know what the physical distribution costs are but I would wager they aren't as big as the cut the retailers take. I guess MS and Sony are now making that cut on DD and are not passing it on to the developers but I don't know.

Each disc costs less than $1 from production to retail. Retail cost is usually $35-$45 depending on the publisher. That gives you an idea of the markup involved. Games that go unsold are covered by a type of insurance that protects both parties against price drops. (Loss of this insurance is often the death of a publisher)

Digital cuts all of that out. What retailers need to do is offer DD codes right alongside physical copies for the same price. Nintendo has been doing this for a while now, and it really seems to be working for them. Their digital adoption rate is very high and every quarter it is rising.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
post #1555 of 3667 Old 03-04-2014, 10:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 44
What the content providers need to do is cut out the middle man completely and get all the profits. Unfortunately, this doesn't work with consoles. It would work in the PC business and happens on occasion. Steam must surely have some kind of sweet deal for publishers or they couldn't stay in business. There are still developers for old systems that depend on direct sell to make a living. Most probably don't know you can buy Sega Genesis games if you know where to look. Non of it illegal.
post #1556 of 3667 Old 03-04-2014, 11:01 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 40
post #1557 of 3667 Old 03-04-2014, 02:11 PM
GCS
AVS Special Member

Liked: 31
I am 100% sure I will suck mud puddles in this game but damn it sure looks like fun.

XBL Gamertag - blowfish7494

"Pull up your big boy pants and deal with it" - The Wife!

"Put on your man suit and fake it" - The Wife

post #1558 of 3667 Old 03-04-2014, 04:25 PM
Advanced Member

OK, I had to do it....I pulled the trigger on a second X1 console today, the Titanfall bundle of course.

Preordered it at GameStop so no hassles and a easy return option just in case. Plus, I can pick it up at midnight on the 11th or anytime the next day.

Here is my fuzzy math (justification) for going with this option:

Normal X1+TF Expenses:

+ $500 Normal Console
+ $60 Titanfall game (I would have spent $50-60 regardless no matter what)
+ $65 Titanfall branded controller; already purchased

TOTAL = $625

Second Console - Titanfall Bundle:

+ $500 Titanfall Console
- $60 free game
- $65 TF branded controller (may still keep it but will probably return it unused; just for cost justification purposes).
- $30 worthless 3rd controller (trade-in credit)

TOTAL = $345 for a brand new 2nd X1 console + Titanfall!

I know this logic is not exactly sound on the surface but not too bad when considering a second X1 anyway. It would have been nice to save the extra $25 from the MS store or with a Target Red Card but no guarantees there. Anyway, I can't wait!
post #1559 of 3667 Old 03-04-2014, 04:58 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCS View Post

I am 100% sure I will suck mud puddles in this game but damn it sure looks like fun.

Agreed, I normally could care less about multiplayer focused games, but I don't get that sense with this game like I normally do based on a lot of time with the Alpha & Beta versions. It will be hard to replicate the matchmaking abilities of past Halo games where anyone could jump in and have fun, unlike COD & BF. I get the feeling that all of the different options will make it fun for all, at least for a good while, with a decent time investment. That being said, the snipers will probably eventually ruin it for everyone as usual. Bastards.
post #1560 of 3667 Old 03-04-2014, 05:15 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 333
DD FOR LIFE MOTHERF@(*@#!!!!

Xbox Live & PSN gamertag- Daekwan

Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Titanfall

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page