TitanFall (EA/Respawn, PC/XB1/360, Spring 2014, Game Informer Leak - Page 55 - AVS Forum
First ... 53  54  55 56  57  ... Last
Xbox Area > TitanFall (EA/Respawn, PC/XB1/360, Spring 2014, Game Informer Leak
sirjonsnow's Avatar sirjonsnow 12:26 PM 03-05-2014
About 4 million Xbones have been sold. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Titanfall week one numbers broke 1 million. I don't think there's going to be a player shortage.

bori's Avatar bori 12:38 PM 03-05-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjonsnow View Post

About 4 million Xbones have been sold. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Titanfall week one numbers broke 1 million. I don't think there's going to be a player shortage.

With the price 100 dollars more and they are still selling millions. Just wait until they price drop this thing.
PENDRAG0ON's Avatar PENDRAG0ON 12:41 PM 03-05-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjonsnow View Post

About 4 million Xbones have been sold. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Titanfall week one numbers broke 1 million. I don't think there's going to be a player shortage.

3.4-3.6 million worldwide is more accurate, January sales were lackluster and overseas sales have fallen off a cliff. February isn't looking much better either. Announcing the Titanfall bundle when they did won't help February numbers, between those who decide to wait and those who return the console to wait for the bundle, I expect the sales to drop lower than January's numbers.

March NPDs will be the numbers to watch, and they won't be out until mid April. It is then that we will see how worthwhile the Titanfall deal was and just how much of a bump it gives them.
totalownership's Avatar totalownership 12:54 PM 03-05-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravit8 View Post


Probably going to run into lots of the same players where as if you play on 360 you might never see those same players again since the install base is 30x greater.
I even noticed that on BF4.
That's more because BF4 is a hot mess. If Titanfall is as tight as the Beta was I'm pretty sure you won't be running into the same players over and over again.
I'm probably the only guy, except for one other, who still plays BF4. I think it's widely known by now that they screwed the pooch on BF4.
Then keep in mind depending on how good the matchmaking system is maybe you will run into some of the same people more than once if your group and that group seems to have down-to-the-wire matches over and over.
mikeloxlong's Avatar mikeloxlong 01:42 PM 03-05-2014
pixel counting...sales counting...I'm going to count how much fun I'll be having with Titanfall while MS bashers continue to thumb their nose because they can't play anything else at the moment.

how many days till my TitanFall? HOORAH!
sage11x's Avatar sage11x 02:08 PM 03-05-2014
In my mind both the Xbone and the ps4 are piss poor value. I took the money I could have used on both and just bought a new PC instead. I'll still probably buy a console version of titanfall-- for 360. If I want graphics I'll just play on PC.
Scott_lb's Avatar Scott_lb 02:15 PM 03-05-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by sage11x View Post

In my mind both the Xbone and the ps4 are piss poor value. I took the money I could have used on both and just bought a new PC instead. I'll still probably buy a console version of titanfall-- for 360. If I want graphics I'll just play on PC.


Sure, but you're talking about the least valuable part of a console's life cycle: The consoles themselves are brand new, have the least amount of features they will have, and are the most expensive. Further, there are the least amount of quality games. The 360 and PS3 are the opposite of this right now given they are at/near the end of their lifespan. The real issue would be to justify buying both consoles vs. just one. I have both as well. I have two games on the XBox One: Ghosts and Battlefield. Battefield is an absolute mess and Ghosts won't even load anymore (so I sold it). On PS4 I have Killzone which was ok - not great - just ok. So, I spend $900 three months ago for one ok game and two broken ones. I'm cool with that because I know that Titanfall comes out next week, Infamous soon after, and other great games over the summer and fall.
kaotikr1's Avatar kaotikr1 02:32 PM 03-05-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeloxlong View Post

pixel counting...sales counting...I'm going to count how much fun I'll be having with Titanfall while MS bashers continue to thumb their nose because they can't play anything else at the moment.

how many days till my TitanFall? HOORAH!

Your Titan will be ready in 6 days.
DaGamePimp's Avatar DaGamePimp 03:50 PM 03-05-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaotikr1 View Post

Your Titan will be ready in 6 days.

My Titan is ready, he just PM'd, so we're doing some mods.

Jason
biggrin.gif
mikeloxlong's Avatar mikeloxlong 04:00 PM 03-05-2014
sooo....where do we pre-order for the DD?
tsaville's Avatar tsaville 04:03 PM 03-05-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeloxlong View Post

sooo....where do we pre-order for the DD?

Without pre-download (which is confirmed that it won't be), what is the value in pre-ordering for DD? Just fire up your X1 at 12:01 and start downloading.
Arutha_conDoin's Avatar Arutha_conDoin 05:22 PM 03-05-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravit8 View Post

But he could save like $500 and just play on 360? Why is this being so overlooked, this is even a 360 thread ( includes one, 360, PC)
He could have, but then he is playing by himself since the rest of us all will be playing on the Xbox One and no cross platform support. He is also smart enough to know there will be other games he will want to play with us as well. The others that are picking it up were planning on getting one anyways when Halo dropped, but they decided to pull the trigger earlier with this bundle deal since they seen the videos of Titanfall and heard about it from me and another at work that played it during beta. In this case it was clearly go with what the friends will be playing on. Then again 3/4 of us have both systems so we are good this generation as far as picking and choosing what we want to play. Though the question is how many of us will still be married by the end of this generation? biggrin.gif
mikeloxlong's Avatar mikeloxlong 05:27 PM 03-05-2014
Marriages are quite resilient. It should be able to handle TitanFall 2 as we'll!
benjamin-benjami's Avatar benjamin-benjami 07:23 PM 03-05-2014
onlysublime's Avatar onlysublime 07:36 PM 03-05-2014
if you guys never check out major nelson's podcast, check out episode 501. they had a guy from the Xbox Live Compute team and a guy from Respawn. gave a lot of details about the behind the scenes of the titanfall beta. learned some cool tidbits. even talked about the crash that stopped the beta for a few hours. and it finally made sense about the other titans that were in the. they had the strider and the ogre in there but only as burn cards. so the lucky few who got those burn cards, that's how they were getting those titans. and while I knew the AI was computed in the cloud, I didn't make the connection that when your titan is in auto mode (either follow or guard), that was done completely in the cloud. very cool info on instant spooling up of more servers on demand.
onlysublime's Avatar onlysublime 07:37 PM 03-05-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsaville View Post

Despite the claims of some, I don't buy the argument that the 360 version will be "very close" to the X1 version in terms of graphics/performance. I think that is a reasonable motivation for the upgrade. I've gone back to play some old 360 games since I bought the X1/PS4, and most of them really don't hold up all that well.

yeah, when you go away from the last gen systems like the 360 and then come back, that's when you see the huge differences with the One. everything just seemed so rough and games i thought were beautiful on the 360 didn't quite look as good anymore.
aaronwt's Avatar aaronwt 07:38 PM 03-05-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post

if you guys never check out major nelson's podcast, check out episode 501. they had a guy from the Xbox Live Compute team and a guy from Respawn. gave a lot of details about the behind the scenes of the titanfall beta. learned some cool tidbits. even talked about the crash that stopped the beta for a few hours. and it finally made sense about the other titans that were in the. they had the strider and the ogre in there but only as burn cards. so the lucky few who got those burn cards, that's how they were getting those titans. and while I knew the AI was computed in the cloud, I didn't make the connection that when your titan is in auto mode (either follow or guard), that was done completely in the cloud. very cool info on instant spooling up of more servers on demand.

Thanks. I use to listen to major Nelson's Zunecast every week between 2005 and 20010. But it's been a few years now since I listened to him. I don't have my Zune players any more so I guess I need to download it to my cell phone.
onlysublime's Avatar onlysublime 07:46 PM 03-05-2014
9PM on the 10th, you can pick up the game if you're going the disc route at the Microsoft Store...


onlysublime's Avatar onlysublime 07:55 PM 03-05-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami View Post

http://titanfallarcade.com/

has anyone tried this out yet? when you're playing, the titan will start shooting out this weird laser beam stream thing (kind of like the stream from the proton pack in ghostbusters). wonder what gun that will be...
aaronwt's Avatar aaronwt 07:55 PM 03-05-2014
They would need to give it to me for free. Then I would only use the disc until I can get the game downloaded.
aaronwt's Avatar aaronwt 07:56 PM 03-05-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post

has anyone tried this out yet? when you're playing, the titan will start shooting out this weird laser beam stream thing (kind of like the stream from the proton pack in ghostbusters). wonder what gun that will be...

I played a game of it. I never got killed because that weird LASER beam stream thing takes out most of the asteroids.
benjamin-benjami's Avatar benjamin-benjami 07:58 PM 03-05-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post

has anyone tried this out yet? when you're playing, the titan will start shooting out this weird laser beam stream thing (kind of like the stream from the proton pack in ghostbusters). wonder what gun that will be...

dude i couldn't think what it reminded me of.. yes ghostbusters... looks just like it..
onlysublime's Avatar onlysublime 08:19 PM 03-05-2014
more details on the season pass. seems kind of weak to save only $5...

http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/5/5474610/titanfall-season-pass-digital-deluxe-edition

The Titanfall season pass will cost $24.99 and will consist of three map packs, developer Respawn Entertainment announced today.

According to the studio, that price represents a discount of $5, or more than 16 percent, over purchasing the three DLC packs separately.

The season pass will be available for all three versions of Titanfall — Windows PC, Xbox 360 and Xbox One — and buying it on a particular platform will only get you the DLC packs on that platform.
aaronwt's Avatar aaronwt 10:00 PM 03-05-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post

more details on the season pass. seems kind of weak to save only $5...

http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/5/5474610/titanfall-season-pass-digital-deluxe-edition

The Titanfall season pass will cost $24.99 and will consist of three map packs, developer Respawn Entertainment announced today.

According to the studio, that price represents a discount of $5, or more than 16 percent, over purchasing the three DLC packs separately.

The season pass will be available for all three versions of Titanfall — Windows PC, Xbox 360 and Xbox One — and buying it on a particular platform will only get you the DLC packs on that platform.

Sweet!!. 16% is a nice discount. That means the $87 I have on XBL is enough to get the Titanfall Digital download and the Season pass. I don't need to worry about adding anything to the account right now. Unless they start charging me tax.
mrlittlejeans's Avatar mrlittlejeans 10:40 PM 03-05-2014
$25 is a good price. Wasn't the season pass for COD $50?
PENDRAG0ON's Avatar PENDRAG0ON 10:46 PM 03-05-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlittlejeans View Post

$25 is a good price. Wasn't the season pass for COD $50?

The CoD season pass covers more map packs. Don't they usually have 6 per game? Titanfall has three map packs coming so the price fits with the pricing trend.
onlysublime's Avatar onlysublime 10:46 PM 03-05-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlittlejeans View Post

$25 is a good price. Wasn't the season pass for COD $50?

well, I guess if we're using COD as a benchmark... but if we're using other games like Gears of War 3, that was $30 and seemed to have more content. And right off the bat, that was 33% off. Then a few months down the line, the season pass was on sale at a significant discount, I think making it 50% cheaper than the individual DLC.
onlysublime's Avatar onlysublime 10:47 PM 03-05-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by PENDRAG0ON View Post

The CoD season pass covers more map packs. Don't they usually have 6 per game? Titanfall has three map packs coming so the price fits with the pricing trend.

Ghosts was 4 map packs for $50
PENDRAG0ON's Avatar PENDRAG0ON 10:52 PM 03-05-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post

Ghosts was 4 map packs for $50

Seriously!? They cut them off that quickly?
bori's Avatar bori 11:04 PM 03-05-2014
I bought a map pack on ghosts and still have not played them online. Either people are not buying them or I don't play it enough.
Tags: Titanfall
First ... 53  54  55 56  57  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop