TitanFall (EA/Respawn, PC/XB1/360, Spring 2014, Game Informer Leak - Page 56 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 4Likes

post #1651 of 3606 Old 03-05-2014, 10:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 551
Quote:
Originally Posted by bori View Post

I bought a map pack on ghosts and still have not played them online. Either people are not buying them or I don't play it enough.

The issue with map packs is that it divides the player base. Battlefield has to use specific servers for each map pack and game mode, so you often can't find populated games. Killzone is trying something new by making all map packs free, but the player count is as low as Blops 2 was on Wii U, it kinda needs it.

Titanfall is keeping the season pass cheap, so hopefully enough people will buy it, otherwise it will run into the same issues as every other shooter with map packs.

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1652 of 3606 Old 03-05-2014, 10:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by PENDRAG0ON View Post

Titanfall is keeping the season pass cheap, so hopefully enough people will buy it, otherwise it will run into the same issues as every other shooter with map packs.

Gears of War didn't have any problem. Everyone gets all the maps. But the ones that own it can selectively choose any map. The ones who don't buy the maps are at the mercy of random map selection. If all you wanted was to play the maps and didn't care, no problem.
post #1653 of 3606 Old 03-06-2014, 06:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 145
your Titan is ready in 5 days

I had ample chance to play Ghosts last night but decided to watch 12 Years a Slave with the wife instead.

why? This is buying me more TitanFall playing time...

In years past, I was able to get early releases of COD games through Craigslist or friends of friends for the same price as street. Since I'm going DD on this, I won't have the opportunity to play before release day.....

Or will I? LOL! I guess I can sell the disk that I can get this Friday/Saturday (if my guy comes through) and just download again...right right?

what about the servers? Maybe they won't be up till the 11th.

I never got banned for getting a game before street date...I wonder....

I Geez Zeus Me

My life is richer for not knowing what goes on on reality television
post #1654 of 3606 Old 03-06-2014, 06:29 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeloxlong View Post

I had ample chance to play Ghosts last night but decided to watch 12 Years a Slave with the wife instead.

In years past, I was able to get early releases of COD games through Craigslist or friends of friends for the same price as street. Since I'm going DD on this, I won't have the opportunity to play before release day.....

Or will I? LOL! I guess I can sell the disk that I can get this Friday/Saturday (if my guy comes through) and just download again...right right?

That's just it. If you install it from the disc and then sell it to him you won't have to download anything other than purchasing what is there digitally. No download required.

The 5.0 is here
post #1655 of 3606 Old 03-06-2014, 06:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mboojigga View Post

That's just it. If you install it from the disc and then sell it to him you won't have to download anything other than purchasing what is there digitally. No download required.

yeah, I'm just worried about the servers being down and not live till the 11th

my internet is fast enough and it looks like I will be staying up at midnight to get the DL started.

Maybe I will take the day off too. I've rarely taken days off but I'm thinking I can. I'm thinking of moving the console downstairs for Tuesday, take the kids to school, wife goes to work and I play TitanFall from 7:30AM till 4:30 when I gotta pick up the kids and then make dinner for the fam and then after the kids go to bed, make myself a manhattan and game some more.

#tempting
Arutha_conDoin likes this.

I Geez Zeus Me

post #1656 of 3606 Old 03-06-2014, 06:47 AM
AVS Special Member

it just looks so different now compared to when it was first introduced last year

I Geez Zeus Me

post #1657 of 3606 Old 03-06-2014, 06:49 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 230
Quote:

If they allow reviewers access to the game prior to release (may have an embargo on the publishing of the review, but they would still get the game early), then the servers would have to be up before the 11th.

I don't have any inside sources, but since I've waited this long I think I can make it a few more days...
post #1658 of 3606 Old 03-06-2014, 07:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post

...and it finally made sense about the other titans that were in the. they had the strider and the ogre in there but only as burn cards. so the lucky few who got those burn cards, that's how they were getting those titans...
I'm a n00b (I didn't play the beta). What's a burn card?

I'll have to view this game on the Twitch app to get a feel for the game. I typically stick to single-player games, but if this game is that amazing, I may have to jump in.

Xbox/PS/WiiU gamertag: GoNats
Apple Game Center: iGoNats

post #1659 of 3606 Old 03-06-2014, 07:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbburns View Post

I'm a n00b (I didn't play the beta). What's a burn card?

I'll have to view this game on the Twitch app to get a feel for the game. I typically stick to single-player games, but if this game is that amazing, I may have to jump in.

I think the main draw of this game is the re-playability and varying experiences you get match to match. It might be similar but it's never exactly the same. There's the chance to learn with every life. It's like a puzzle with a moving target. you think you have the game or other people figured out but it really means you just need to work on other tactics. This can be said for other MP games as well but the freshness of Titans and wall running/jumping is what makes it different enough to be enjoyable. If you like COD, you will like TitanFall. Twitch probably gives you a solid idea of what to see when you are playing the game but the feeling of playing is quite different. I can see people getting bored with the game if they watch a twitch stream and drawing conclusions off of that vs. playing the beta and then watching twitch streams and then drawing conclusions from that.

burn cards are like random abilities/weapon/titan boosts that you select from a deck and then equip every match. Some are titans right off the bat (super rare) some are boosted weapons, some make you go run faster, etc. etc. etc. you equip them and you can use them only for that life. It gives the game a sense of randomness and chance.
dbburns and pennhunter like this.

I Geez Zeus Me

post #1660 of 3606 Old 03-06-2014, 07:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami View Post

dude i couldn't think what it reminded me of.. yes ghostbusters... looks just like it..

Quote:

has anyone tried this out yet? when you're playing, the titan will start shooting out this weird laser beam stream thing (kind of like the stream from the proton pack in ghostbusters). wonder what gun that will be...

Looks like mikeloxlong's post reveals the Ghostbuster Cannon a little...look at the 3:09 mark, and again around the 3:34 mark. (the one @ 3:09 shows him hitting something dropping from the sky, possibly an enemy Titanfall?)

Quote:

it just looks so different now compared to when it was first introduced last year

"Once you learn good English...Can't nobody take it away!"

Xbox LIVE Gamertag: KEVIN G 40

post #1661 of 3606 Old 03-06-2014, 08:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I think the main draw of this game is the re-playability and varying experiences you get match to match. It might be similar but it's never exactly the same. There's the chance to learn with every life. It's like a puzzle with a moving target. you think you have the game or other people figured out but it really means you just need to work on other tactics. This can be said for other MP games as well but the freshness of Titans and wall running/jumping is what makes it different enough to be enjoyable. If you like COD, you will like TitanFall. Twitch probably gives you a solid idea of what to see when you are playing the game but the feeling of playing is quite different. I can see people getting bored with the game if they watch a twitch stream and drawing conclusions off of that vs. playing the beta and then watching twitch streams and then drawing conclusions from that.

burn cards are like random abilities/weapon/titan boosts that you select from a deck and then equip every match. Some are titans right off the bat (super rare) some are boosted weapons, some make you go run faster, etc. etc. etc. you equip them and you can use them only for that life. It gives the game a sense of randomness and chance.
Thank you for the thorough response. It wasn't that I did or didn't like COD (I liked the single-player campaigns okay), it was just a matter of getting frustrated because the good players kill me with one shot. I would unload half a clip into a guy only to have him turn around and one-shot kill me. That may not have been specific to COD multiplayer. It may have been the Halos and/or the Gears as well. I'd play them for a night just to check them out after the single-player campaign and move on. I'm sure I'd get better if I stuck with it, but there were always other games beckoning that needed to be played.

And I hated the campers/snipers. I guess I just had no strategy. I'd just run around like an idiot looking for people to kill. I'm sure I am experienced players' wet dreams.

post #1662 of 3606 Old 03-06-2014, 08:28 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Thank you for the thorough response. It wasn't that I did or didn't like COD (I liked the single-player campaigns okay), it was just a matter of getting frustrated because the good players kill me with one shot. I would unload half a clip into a guy only to have him turn around and one-shot kill me. That may not have been specific to COD multiplayer. It may have been the Halos and/or the Gears as well. I'd play them for a night just to check them out after the single-player campaign and move on. I'm sure I'd get better if I stuck with it, but there were always other games beckoning that needed to be played.

And I hated the campers/snipers. I guess I just had no strategy. I'd just run around like an idiot looking for people to kill. I'm sure I am experienced players' wet dreams.

Due to the vertical nature of this game, you do have snipers on rooftops. However, there is plenty of cover in the game, so as long as you don't go running down the middle of the street you shouldn't get sniped all the time. It's also fun to hunt down the snipers on the rooftops. There are no one-shot deaths when you're in the titan, so I think that makes this game far more accessible than other MP games and levels the playing field a bit.

There are only a handful of franchises that I play MP on (mostly Halo, Gears), but if the Beta is any indication this one will be added to the list.
post #1663 of 3606 Old 03-06-2014, 08:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

TitanFall might be a rental for you if you are on XBOX One/360. Infamous Second Son is coming out for PS4 soon after so that might be a more enjoyable experience SP wise. Have you played Ryse? Fun game!

I Geez Zeus Me

post #1664 of 3606 Old 03-06-2014, 08:49 AM
Advanced Member

Not sure if this has already been discussed, but it looks like we won't see reviews until Monday 3/10. Kind of disappointing, although not surprising.

http://www.reddit.com/r/titanfall/comments/1zcu6m/review_embargo/
post #1665 of 3606 Old 03-06-2014, 09:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 26
Just wondering how many folks here will be playing this on the 360 (even though I believe most on this thread will be on the 1)? Hoping some of the old Battlefield BC2 folks maybe still on the 360.
post #1666 of 3606 Old 03-06-2014, 09:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

TitanFall might be a rental for you if you are on XBOX One/360. Infamous Second Son is coming out for PS4 soon after so that might be a more enjoyable experience SP wise. Have you played Ryse? Fun game!
I have played Ryse and loved it. Would give it a solid "8 out of 10". Not sure why critics were so harsh. I have Second Son digital preordered. (For the person wondering why you would pre-order digital downloads, some come with pre-order bonuses. Does TitanFall? I know they have a $10 gift card for pre-ordering in-store.)

I never rent games, so I'll just play it by ear based on watching on Twitch and reviews from the pros and you guys. I have around $390 in Xbox store credit burning a hole in my cloud. I'm itching to spend it.

post #1667 of 3606 Old 03-06-2014, 09:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by exojam View Post

Just wondering how many folks here will be playing this on the 360 (even though I believe most on this thread will be on the 1)? Hoping some of the old Battlefield BC2 folks maybe still on the 360.
I think most of us have the Xbone now. Me, Smokie, Brogrimm, Operator, Test, HK, Gismo, Razor. I don't know about Zath, Lowgn, Link, or Baron Brown. Lady (now MechaGorgeous) has just the 360
post #1668 of 3606 Old 03-06-2014, 09:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjonsnow View Post

I think most of us have the Xbone now. Me, Smokie, Brogrimm, Operator, Test, HK, Gismo, Razor. I don't know about Zath, Lowgn, Link, or Baron Brown. Lady (now MechaGorgeous) has just the 360

Thanks SirJohn, you basically covered a lot of the group I was referring to.
post #1669 of 3606 Old 03-06-2014, 09:47 AM

Liked: 16
Quote:

more details on the season pass. seems kind of weak to save only $5...

http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/5/5474610/titanfall-season-pass-digital-deluxe-edition

The Titanfall season pass will cost $24.99 and will consist of three map packs, developer Respawn Entertainment announced today.

According to the studio, that price represents a discount of $5, or more than 16 percent, over purchasing the three DLC packs separately.

The season pass will be available for all three versions of Titanfall — Windows PC, Xbox 360 and Xbox One — and buying it on a particular platform will only get you the DLC packs on that platform.

The price is alright I admit, but they have been touting up 'til now "No Season Pass"!! Jerks!

No Season Pass
Quote:
"We want to make sure people understand we're not going to nickel-and-dime you with microtransactions, and we don't expect you to buy a game, put it in your console, and the first day get asked to spend more money for more content.

What you get on the disc is what you bought, and that's how we're going to do it." - Respawn Entertainment Producer Drew McCoy

confused.gif

Xbox GT: CROWSS_LT1
post #1670 of 3606 Old 03-06-2014, 09:49 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Quote:

Thanks SirJohn, you basically covered a lot of the group I was referiring to.

hey whats up exojam been a while since I talked to you.i still have NEVER hooked up my kinect and it works great so you should go ahead get one cant wait until tuesday for titanfall.
post #1671 of 3606 Old 03-06-2014, 09:55 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 322 Post(s)
Liked: 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowSS View Post

The price is alright I admit, but they have been touting up 'til now "No Season Pass"!! Jerks!

No Season Pass
confused.gif

That is a good turnaround. According to the article they initally said there would be no season passes and you would have to purchase each DLC pack separately. A season pass allows a person to purchase multiple DLC packs and pay less for it. So paying less for the same content is good in my book.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #1672 of 3606 Old 03-06-2014, 10:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanks SirJohn, you basically covered a lot of the group I was referring to.
I also haven't hooked up my Kinect. I miss the BC2 glory days! Most fun I've had mp.
post #1673 of 3606 Old 03-06-2014, 10:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GISMO1 View Post

hey whats up exojam been a while since I talked to you.i still have NEVER hooked up my kinect and it works great so you should go ahead get one cant wait until tuesday for titanfall.

Gismo,

Glad to hear from you and hope everything is going well.

Unfortunately there are no funds for a 1 at this time. Game looks like it would be a blast to play though.
post #1674 of 3606 Old 03-06-2014, 12:09 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
Quote:

Gismo,

Glad to hear from you and hope everything is going well.

Unfortunately there are no funds for a 1 at this time. Game looks like it would be a blast to play though.

yea everything is good thx..man I miss bc2 I too think that is the most fun mp game I have ever played I think titanfall is gonna be really fun also the beta was awesome.i traded 2 of my xbox 360 towards my xbox one so that madeit alot cheaper so far I really liking it almost went with the ps4 glad I didnt now.
post #1675 of 3606 Old 03-06-2014, 02:07 PM
Advanced Member

I just got a promo email from Microsoft saying "Your Titan is Ready." No it isn't! Why must you taunt me like this, MS? biggrin.gif
post #1676 of 3606 Old 03-06-2014, 02:33 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by GISMO1 View Post

yea everything is good thx..man I miss bc2 I too think that is the most fun mp game I have ever played I think titanfall is gonna be really fun also the beta was awesome.i traded 2 of my xbox 360 towards my xbox one so that madeit alot cheaper so far I really liking it almost went with the ps4 glad I didnt now.

you are not talking about Bad Company 2 are you? I love that game. Oh the devastation, Oh the anarchy, Oh the chaos.

X-Box Live name: OGgamer1974

If you want to be friends on through xbox network, just send me a request through X-Box Live and mention AVS in the request.

Cheers
post #1677 of 3606 Old 03-06-2014, 02:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBlow74 View Post

you are not talking about Bad Company 2 are you? I love that game. Oh the devastation, Oh the anarchy, Oh the chaos.

Yep, that's it. For a while we had a good crew of AVS and Brits going pretty much every night. About the only game any of us played for a good stretch.
post #1678 of 3606 Old 03-06-2014, 04:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 332
Not for sale. Xbox gift to respawn.

pennhunter likes this.

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami - http://www.avsforum.com/t/1476721/battlefield-4/7200_100#post_24609271
post #1679 of 3606 Old 03-06-2014, 04:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post

Not for sale. Xbox gift to respawn.

badas$!

Xbox Live: TheRealMaxPower --- PSN: TheRealMaxPower

Panasonic TC-P65VT60    Vienna Acoustic Mozart Grands    Onkyo TX-SR805   Sony BDP-S790

Astro Mixamp 2013   Schiit Modi    AKG K702 65th Anniversary   Antlion ModMic    Sennheiser PC360

Theater- Benq W1070    Elite 120" projection...

post #1680 of 3606 Old 03-06-2014, 04:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 287
How can I find out how long it will take to download titanfall on my speed? I know it's supposed to be 20 gbs.

XBL: xGunner26x

PSN: AMER1CAN_GUNNER

Steam: xGunner26x

Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Titanfall

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page