TitanFall (EA/Respawn, PC/XB1/360, Spring 2014, Game Informer Leak - Page 71 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 13Likes

post #2101 of 3648 Old 03-11-2014, 09:24 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 60
And...I suck. As expected. Fun as hell but holy cow do I blow. Ha.
dbburns likes this.

Big Trouble in Little China - greatest film ever made

Gamertag: Team Banzai
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2102 of 3648 Old 03-11-2014, 09:29 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudgeSmails View Post

And...I suck. As expected. Fun as hell but holy cow do I blow. Ha.

Don't feel bad, I was a highly ranked Unreal Tournament and Quake III Arena player way back (twitch was my thing) and now I play pretty awful as well. The joys of getting older. redface.gif

No worries though, just enjoy the game, that's what it's all about. biggrin.gif

Jason
post #2103 of 3648 Old 03-11-2014, 09:32 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 22
I love and hate this thread. After reading most of it, I finally gave in and bought a TF bundle today. I swore a month ago when I bought my PS4 that I would only buy one console this gen.

So I left work at 7pm today, swung into my local BB (which had plenty of TF and regular X1 consoles in stock), and made my purchase. Got home, set everything up, and then couldn't even sign in. Talk about a buzzkill. XBL is finally up and working for me now, so TF is downloading but I'm not sure I'll have much of a chance to play it tonight.

Looking forward to it tomorrow evening.
post #2104 of 3648 Old 03-11-2014, 09:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by americangunner View Post

I hit level 32 today. I played every game mode. I did not see a single hiccup in the frames. I gotta say, this game is fantastic and I can't wait to play it again tomorrow. It's been a while since I felt that way for a multiplayer game.
Damn, that's impressive. I thought I was doing good at level 11 in a litte over an hour of play. Now I'm just waiting patiently for the Wife to go to bed so I can get control of the TV.rolleyes.gif

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
post #2105 of 3648 Old 03-11-2014, 10:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 151
What's really crazy is at around 8pm EDT, I saw some players who were generation 2 and generation 4, which means they were on their second and fourth times through the level 50 progression. I'd imagine you'd have to either have gotten an early copy or just be playing non-stop for that to happen by then.

XBL/Steam: JHoff80
post #2106 of 3648 Old 03-12-2014, 12:01 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post

What's really crazy is at around 8pm EDT, I saw some players who were generation 2 and generation 4, which means they were on their second and fourth times through the level 50 progression. I'd imagine you'd have to either have gotten an early copy or just be playing non-stop for that to happen by then.

oh snap! had no idea they basically put in prestige mode. When I first started playing, someone on my team was like level 4 but had a banner thing by his name with a 2 on it. was wondering what it was...

Marafice Eye <--- All gamertags listed there - Twitch TV Channel YouTube Channel
__________________________________________________ _
Plan9Reloaded Co-host
Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast
https://soundcloud.com/plan9reloaded/sets/podcast - direct pod link
http://plan9reloaded.com/site/ - main website
post #2107 of 3648 Old 03-12-2014, 02:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucwylde23 View Post

No you just can't play multiplayer or any gold level services.
Great, then I will wait for the rumoured Forza 5 bundle. Thanks.
post #2108 of 3648 Old 03-12-2014, 02:31 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 505 Post(s)
Liked: 665
Quote:

eek.gif Wow!! So do you advance faster than in the beta? I guess I'm level 1 or level zero?

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #2109 of 3648 Old 03-12-2014, 02:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

eek.gif Wow!! So do you advance faster than in the beta? I guess I'm level 1 or level zero?
It feels like it, but I think it is because all the challenges are unlocked now. More weapons to play with more things to kill etc.. I think even being an avg player will see you rank up fairly fast. Once you hit the 20s though it certainly takes a little longer to level up if you do not complete any challenges in a round.

I did complete the IMC portion of campaign mode. Overall I like how you can earn unlocks and gear for MP, but the storyline is hard to focus. It would have been nice from some cutscenes for the levels. Two hours is a good time frame to get through it. I am not sure if you leave part way through if you go back to where you left off if you try it again later. I was to big a wuss and not wanting to try that out;)

PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
-Ghanima Atreides
post #2110 of 3648 Old 03-12-2014, 03:53 AM

Liked: 90
Well, I stayed up WAY too late playing last night. The fun part is I probably will again tonight...this game is so fun that it's worth the capital I will have to spend with my wife to make it happen! Some of my favorite things about this game so far:

- Map variety. I've never played the same map twice in a row and there's enough variety to keep the rotation interesting. One of the things I hate about Halo/COD is they will create maps that are only used in certain playlists which means there's a chance you will never see them. That doesn't seem to have happened here.

- Smart pistol. Surprisingly fun. I love locking onto 4 grunts, capping them and taking their assault rifle in exchange for my sidearm. Equally fun is wall hanging in a giant room and waiting for a pilot to stroll in. Technically camping, but I don't care biggrin.gif.

Wall running is coming along...I'm much better at it now than during the Beta, but I have a way to go. It's incredibly rewarding to see a Titan in the distance, string together a couple wall runs and finish it off with a rodeo. This game has a much different dynamic than I am used to though. For example, at the end of a match, I usually feel like something was going on the whole time, but at the end I may only have 2 pilot kills and 1 titan kill. Not sure how they did this, but I'm not complaining. Has anyone figured out some preferred loadouts?

Dyin' ain't much of a living, boy...
post #2111 of 3648 Old 03-12-2014, 04:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked: 386
I learned the hard way that you cant broadcast and record at the same time, to bad because my best moment from yesterday I couldnt record. I had some sweet parkour going on to avoid a titan and then I was able to rodeo him. I saw him eject so after my first clip I jumped up threw down some C4 and ran into a building to detonate the titan and the pilot, I think he might of been trying to get back in. No more streaming for me, I need to capture the epic moments.

I wish they had a site where you can play around with your loadouts, check out what challenges need to be done, and stats. Hopefully in the future. Gives me something to do the next day at work.
lodolfan and Arutha_conDoin like this.

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami - http://www.avsforum.com/t/1476721/battlefield-4/7200_100#post_24609271
post #2112 of 3648 Old 03-12-2014, 04:17 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 155
I tried to get on either PC or Xone and could not manage to start a single game for several hours... the servers went down.

Jason
post #2113 of 3648 Old 03-12-2014, 04:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGamePimp View Post

I tried to get on either PC or Xone and could not manage to start a single game for several hours... the servers went down.

Jason
Strange, I had no issues when I was playing throughout the day and night today. I must have gotten lucky.

PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
-Ghanima Atreides
post #2114 of 3648 Old 03-12-2014, 05:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arutha_conDoin View Post

I did complete the IMC portion of campaign mode. Overall I like how you can earn unlocks and gear for MP, but the storyline is hard to focus. It would have been nice from some cutscenes for the levels. Two hours is a good time frame to get through it. I am not sure if you leave part way through if you go back to where you left off if you try it again later. I was to big a wuss and not wanting to try that out;)
I actually got dropped about halfway through the militia campaign. My buddies backed out and we tried again - it took us into the IMC campaign, which we completed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post

I wish they had a site where you can play around with your loadouts, check out what challenges need to be done, and stats. Hopefully in the future. Gives me something to do the next day at work.
I'm still stunned when a major release doesn't have some app tied-in. I checked every week or so for an official Titanfall app.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arutha_conDoin View Post

Strange, I had no issues when I was playing throughout the day and night today. I must have gotten lucky.
It was a Live error, not anything on the Titanfall side. For over 6 hours, some users weren't able to sign-in to Live - it appears those already in were fine.
post #2115 of 3648 Old 03-12-2014, 05:30 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 27
Well I stayed up way too late last night doing the "one more game" thing, and now I'm paying for it at work biggrin.gif

Seriously though, had a blast playing (got to level 17 I think) and as someone mentioned above, the map variety is nice for a change. I know some people have been huffing and puffing about no single player and still being a full-priced game, but I think 15 maps included at launch is a nice counter argument to that.
JudgeSmails and mrlittlejeans like this.
post #2116 of 3648 Old 03-12-2014, 05:32 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 505 Post(s)
Liked: 665
I think the single player games should cost less. I get many times the hours of play from a multi-player game than from single player. And out of all the games I've purchased for my XBOne and PS4, along with the Season Passes, I think Titanfall has been the best value. I've purchased games plus Season passes for BF4(PS4), Ryse, Dead Rising 3, and COD: Ghosts and now Titanfall. (at least that's all I remember right now)

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #2117 of 3648 Old 03-12-2014, 05:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Titanfall is my 1st Season Pass I've ever bought. I hardly get the paid DLCs.
post #2118 of 3648 Old 03-12-2014, 06:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Finished the Militant Campign. Not sure what the whole misson was about. Just a bunch of people takling and wasnt paying attention. But did get a nice titan from completing it. Burn cards are so, so. Once you die you loose the cards ability even though you were killed at spawn point. Which sucks. How do you climb on to another titan and rip off the switch? I did climbed on to one but didnt know what to do after that. Might have been my teammates titan.
post #2119 of 3648 Old 03-12-2014, 06:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hksvr4 View Post

Finished the Militant Campign. Not sure what the whole misson was about. Just a bunch of people takling and wasnt paying attention. But did get a nice titan from completing it. Burn cards are so, so. Once you die you loose the cards ability even though you were killed at spawn point. Which sucks. How do you climb on to another titan and rip off the switch? I did climbed on to one but didnt know what to do after that. Might have been my teammates titan.

If its an enemy titan, you will automatically rip off the cover. At which point you can start shooting into it's brain. If the titan stops, hit A and eject as most likely the pilot left the titan and is going to kill you.

If it's a friendly titan, you will just ride the titan and can shoot stuff. Though it's almost impossible to hit stuff.
post #2120 of 3648 Old 03-12-2014, 06:19 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalsaber View Post

If its an enemy titan, you will automatically rip off the cover. At which point you can start shooting into it's brain. If the titan stops, hit A and eject as most likely the pilot left the titan and is going to kill you.

If it's a friendly titan, you will just ride the titan and can shoot stuff. Though it's almost impossible to hit stuff.

More than half the time I rodeo an enemy titan, I rip of the cover and then die instantly. The kill cam never shows what happens in this one instance. I know there is a titan electric smoke weapon that may be doing it, but I don't see how this could be 90% of the time I die this way. Any ideas?
post #2121 of 3648 Old 03-12-2014, 06:23 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked: 1378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeron View Post

Well I stayed up way too late last night doing the "one more game" thing, and now I'm paying for it at work biggrin.gif

Seriously though, had a blast playing (got to level 17 I think) and as someone mentioned above, the map variety is nice for a change. I know some people have been huffing and puffing about no single player and still being a full-priced game, but I think 15 maps included at launch is a nice counter argument to that.

Yeah, me too. My "just one more game" at 12am turned to "well, I'm screwed anyway, might as well go on" by 2am.
Arutha_conDoin likes this.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #2122 of 3648 Old 03-12-2014, 06:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

More than half the time I rodeo an enemy titan, I rip of the cover and then die instantly. The kill cam never shows what happens in this one instance. I know there is a titan electric smoke weapon that may be doing it, but I don't see how this could be 90% of the time I die this way. Any ideas?

Another titan or pilot or AI could also be killing you?
post #2123 of 3648 Old 03-12-2014, 06:36 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

Yeah, me too. My "just one more game" at 12am turned to "well, I'm screwed anyway, might as well go on" by 2am.

Same here. Was about to quit my job and immediately saw images of my wife beating the hell out of me. I....I need help.
JudgeSmails and mikeloxlong like this.

The 5.0 is here
post #2124 of 3648 Old 03-12-2014, 06:37 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Does anyone know how I can use the Astro A50 for sound when using them but also get video via HDMI through my Denon Receiver.

I dont want to plug in my XB1 and PS4 directly to the TV....Anyway I can for example not be using the astro a50 and just get audio from receiver and speakers via HDMI?
post #2125 of 3648 Old 03-12-2014, 06:38 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalsaber View Post

Something else I noticed is that the pilot isn't always with the Titan. I rodeo a Titan and it immediately drops to his knee and I take him out. He was on AI mode. I don't know if it is a glitch for the Titan to quit fighting while in AI mode when I am shooting his brain.

The 5.0 is here
post #2126 of 3648 Old 03-12-2014, 06:40 AM
AVS Special Member

AI Titans drop when Rodeo'd
post #2127 of 3648 Old 03-12-2014, 06:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by mboojigga View Post

Something else I noticed is that the pilot isn't always with the Titan. I rodeo a Titan and it immediately drops to his knee and I take him out. He was on AI mode. I don't know if it is a glitch for the Titan to quit fighting while in AI mode when I am shooting his brain.

I believe it drops to a knee when the pilot ejects from the Titan (to start shooting at you to get you off of it).

XBL/Steam: JHoff80
post #2128 of 3648 Old 03-12-2014, 06:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I believe it drops to a knee when the pilot ejects from the Titan (to start shooting at you to get you off of it).

I dont' think so. Mine is always standing when I eject to start killing.
post #2129 of 3648 Old 03-12-2014, 06:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked: 386
Quote:

When you rodeo an enemy titan you cant use some/all of the anti-titan weapons. The explosive damage will kill you as well. You need to use your regular weapons. I noticed this after a few times. Not sure if all the anti-titan weapons can kill you or just the ones I was using at the time.

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami - http://www.avsforum.com/t/1476721/battlefield-4/7200_100#post_24609271
post #2130 of 3648 Old 03-12-2014, 06:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post

When you rodeo an enemy titan you cant use some/all of the anti-titan weapons. They explosive damage will kill you as well. You need to use your regular weapons. I noticed this after a few times. Not sure if all the anti-titan weapons can kill you or just the ones I was using at the time.
Yes, the Sidewinder is the biggest culprit of rodeo self-kills
RKRocha likes this.
Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Titanfall

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page