TitanFall (EA/Respawn, PC/XB1/360, Spring 2014, Game Informer Leak - Page 73 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 4Likes

post #2161 of 3603 Old 03-12-2014, 09:10 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 1345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishtank View Post

yeah that on it's own isn't terrible...

the 30 seconds at the end of the match before the 90 second lobby, then the 1-2 min map load and intro after the 90 second lobby that add up and make it excessive.

For a 10 min match it's ridiculous. Your literally sitting there with your D in your hands for 20-30% of the time your playing.

We were stomping teams though, won the first 15 games in a row handily. Maybe they will drag out a bit longer when people are used to the game.

It's clearly a design choice, I just don't agree with it.

What I don't get is why there's a map load screen at all, when they could have gotten that loading out of the way during those 90 seconds.

Otherwise I think the length of the matches is absolutely perfect.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2162 of 3603 Old 03-12-2014, 09:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 287
I don't typically have a problem with the intermission of this game, because I am going through my burn cards and checking out what challenges I am close to completing, so I know what to work towards in the next match. Couldn't they trim the time down in the future if they needed too?

XBL: xGunner26x

PSN: AMER1CAN_GUNNER

Steam: xGunner26x

post #2163 of 3603 Old 03-12-2014, 09:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 81
The load times for the maps do seem too long for brand new hardware.

FYI, 2 minutes out of 12 = 16.7% and 3 out of 13 = 23% .... it just feels even longer because the game is so fun!
post #2164 of 3603 Old 03-12-2014, 09:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 33
I finally got evacuated. I think they made the spaceship tougher after the beta because those things are hard to take down now.
post #2165 of 3603 Old 03-12-2014, 09:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 191
When I saw this upon opening the disc case I lost it. Well played, EA, well played.

I need to add some friends.
post #2166 of 3603 Old 03-12-2014, 09:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by americangunner View Post

I don't typically have a problem with the intermission of this game, because I am going through my burn cards and checking out what challenges I am close to completing, so I know what to work towards in the next match. Couldn't they trim the time down in the future if they needed too?
I think if you have to customize slots, that time is really short. But I agree with you.
post #2167 of 3603 Old 03-12-2014, 09:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Overall, I think the game is great and the few shortcomings (stats, no app, downtime, needs a couple more mp modes) will all be addressed next time, and a few of them hopefully in the coming months.
post #2168 of 3603 Old 03-12-2014, 09:18 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjonsnow View Post

Overall, I think the game is great and the few shortcomings (stats, no app, downtime, needs a couple more mp modes) will all be addressed next time, and a few of them hopefully in the coming months.

And some serious matchmaking balancing. But other than that I'm having a ball.

Xbox handle: TheRotoman
post #2169 of 3603 Old 03-12-2014, 09:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 637
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotoman View Post

And some serious matchmaking balancing. But other than that I'm having a ball.

OK, so its not just me... 80% of the games i have played have been hugely one sided..
post #2170 of 3603 Old 03-12-2014, 09:23 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:

I don't typically have a problem with the intermission of this game, because I am going through my burn cards and checking out what challenges I am close to completing, so I know what to work towards in the next match.

+1 I think the 90 seconds is the right amount of time, considering burn cards can/need to be assigned between each match.
post #2171 of 3603 Old 03-12-2014, 09:24 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami View Post

OK, so its not just me... 80% of the games i have played have been hugely one sided..

I only did the campaign so far and either we were absolutely destroying the other team due to having 1 or 2 high levels on our side or we were getting crushed for the same reason. Oh, and for half of the militia campaign we were stuck at 3 vs 6 with all of their 6 at level 30 or higher.

post #2172 of 3603 Old 03-12-2014, 09:29 AM
AVS Special Member

I haven't ran into very many team balancing issues. I had a couple matches where we got stomped, but it was when I wam playing domination with a bunch of randoms that were unaware that capturing points helped you get your titan faster. All they were doing was trying to kill people. The only complaint I have so far is the fact that you can't name your custom classes. I made a flag runner for CTF, but I can't name it so that I know which one to grab at the beginning of the match. It's minor, I know, but would love to see that fixed.

post #2173 of 3603 Old 03-12-2014, 09:36 AM
AVS Special Member

What are some people's favorites? Loadouts? Weapons, Titans? Modes?

I just got the G2A4 a few matches ago, love it. Not sure which Titan I like best, I know I like slaved rockets if I'm going long range. I like Attrition and Hardpoint, but I'm definitely better at Attrition. I'm not particularly good at capping or camping, but I'm good at hunting pilots/Titans down. Wish I could see kill stats broken up by modes.
post #2174 of 3603 Old 03-12-2014, 09:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 145
TitanFall Fixes

Personal Stats
Leaderboards linked to friends stats
ability to name custom classes
match player balancing
decrease loadtimes between matches 60 seconds too little 90 seconds too much 80 seconds then?
new MP modes (hardcore or even horde mode)
private matches

I Geez Zeus Me

My life is richer for not knowing what goes on on reality television
post #2175 of 3603 Old 03-12-2014, 09:42 AM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 192
I want to see how well the perk that makes your auto Titan quicker at acquiring targets works. I saw a number of people (or maybe one guy doing it a lot) putting their Titans in auto and then picking off Pilots trying to Rodeo them. I got killed a bunch like that. I also saw a lot of people using the G24 rifle.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

post #2176 of 3603 Old 03-12-2014, 09:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Oh my lord this game is good. It is COD, yet better.

I need some group action. The lobby randoms are just too random. I need some strategy.

I also need more info on ideal loadouts and weapon upgrade paths.

Anyone interested in west coast outing tonight after 9pm pst?
post #2177 of 3603 Old 03-12-2014, 09:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Please Microsoft... For the Love of GOD, make the join/invite friends easier. Please. Maybe I am dumb. Maybe I am slow. Maybe, because I am 42, this new tech just eludes me. Maybe I was spoiled by the 360. but I hate the party system on the one.

Titanfall... What a great game...

XBL-Steelhouse1

"No one wants to fight the naked guy."
post #2178 of 3603 Old 03-12-2014, 09:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameboy View Post

Oh my lord this game is good. It is COD, yet better.

I need some group action. The lobby randoms are just too random. I need some strategy.

I also need more info on ideal loadouts and weapon upgrade paths.

Anyone interested in west coast outing tonight after 9pm pst?
Hit me up, I will be on. I might have a full group, but if not I can get you in with us.

post #2179 of 3603 Old 03-12-2014, 09:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubdenno View Post

Please Microsoft... For the Love of GOD, make the join/invite friends easier. Please. Maybe I am dumb. Maybe I am slow. Maybe, because I am 42, this new tech just eludes me. Maybe I was spoiled by the 360. but I hate the party system on the one.

Titanfall... What a great game...
What's the problem with it? Now you hit RT to invite friends, highlight the people you want and then chose invite to party, game, or both. It's really easy.

post #2180 of 3603 Old 03-12-2014, 09:55 AM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 192
If you don't accept the invite right away, where do you go to find it? My buddy invited me to a party last night and to his game but I was in the middle of a titan battle and didn't hit it while the notification was up. Went to the friends app and there were no messages.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

post #2181 of 3603 Old 03-12-2014, 09:55 AM
AVS Special Member

You know what i hate, when I have to hold "xboxbutton" to see the achivement or to join someones party. I always end up turning at "turning off console or controller" or sometimes back in the dashboard. Why can't they us another button?
post #2182 of 3603 Old 03-12-2014, 09:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlittlejeans View Post

If you don't accept the invite right away, where do you go to find it? My buddy invited me to a party last night and to his game but I was in the middle of a titan battle and didn't hit it while the notification was up. Went to the friends app and there were no messages.

Go to dashboard and then go up to the little globe icon on top left. It lists all invites, achievements, etc.

post #2183 of 3603 Old 03-12-2014, 09:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfmp3 View Post

I agree with you on the single player. Developer's keep cutting SP back more and more. It keeps getting shorter and shorter. Which is why I get so irritated by someone like EA complaining that they put so much "time" into creating a SP campaign only for players to blow through it in a few hours - so why bother at all?. Well if you bothered to make a decent SP campaign in the first place that wouldn't happen!

Anyways, as a SP gamer, I feel I'm getting shafted by 90% of the games these days. I do not want to play 59.99 for a game with a 8 hr campaign, and a bunch MP that I will never ever use. So why not split the game? With Digital Downloads they could do this easily. SP for $25, MP for $25, and buy what you want. You could even buy one half and if you really like it buy the other half later. At those prices I'd be buying things via DD constantly. The current model is a complete rip off, and I will not support it. Now with games like Titanfall getting rid of offline SP all together - its just not a direction I want to see games going.

As a person that prefers SP, I have to disagree to an extent. I think it depends on the life situation around the consumer. For me, I have a healthy career and two little toddlers. Time is more precious than money. I prefer quality over quantity. In fact I hate when games get too long. 9 to 12 quality hours is preferable to me. I can tolerate up to about 20 if it's a great RPG, but I haven't had one of those since Lost Odyssey on 360.

Off topic I know, but to bring it back in, multiplayer games for me is what I play between single player experiences. It seems to me that TitanFall would benifit having one since respawn seems to have developed a unique enough universe.

"The Scuba Tank" thread here
PSN/XBL : ScubaSteve2365
post #2184 of 3603 Old 03-12-2014, 10:03 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

What's the problem with it? Now you hit RT to invite friends, highlight the people you want and then chose invite to party, game, or both. It's really easy.

Yeah kudos to MS for unscrewing this in the latest patches to the UI.

Titan loadouts: Stryder with either 40mm cannon or railgun - electric smoke - slaved warheads - regen booster - core extender - use as a run/gun sniper
Atlas with arc cannon - electric smoke - salvo - nuclear ejection - survivor - for putting in guard mode on hardpoint
Ogre with triple threat - particle wall - MTMS - fast autoloader (or tact reactor) - big punch - Up close and personal

post #2185 of 3603 Old 03-12-2014, 10:05 AM
AVS Special Member

I want to try the electric smoke, but the vortex seems to save me at least once or twice a match. I also like the nuclear explosion because I seem to get a couple kills per match on it. I need to branch out and try more things so I know what I like and what to use after I prestige.

post #2186 of 3603 Old 03-12-2014, 10:15 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I want to try the electric smoke, but the vortex seems to save me at least once or twice a match. I also like the nuclear explosion because I seem to get a couple kills per match on it. I need to branch out and try more things so I know what I like and what to use after I prestige.

The key to electric smoke is leaving yourself space to dash. If the enemy has more health than you, drop it and dash behind cover. With the stryder you can dash so fast that you can drop it and be behind them in a flash. Another tactic is to dash up close, drop smoke and dash away and let it wear down their shields. And of course its great for getting rid of rodeo'ers.

Nuclear explosion is great in last titan standing...get in close, duke it out with 1 or more titans, eject and collect the kills. But in anything else I find that most people see the flash coming and get away.

The thing I hate about the vortex shield is that while it does block incoming shells, I rarely get it to bounce them back and hit the target. I'd rather just not get hit in the first place.

post #2187 of 3603 Old 03-12-2014, 10:37 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 229
Maybe it's because the game is so new, but people don't seem to have learned to avoid the electric smoke. I've killed probably 20 pilots with the electric smoke when they tried to rodeo me. I also find it useful as a smokescreen to run away, as was mentioned above.
post #2188 of 3603 Old 03-12-2014, 10:42 AM
Advanced Member

Heck I've watched teammates and other team members die trying to rodeo a titan that's still in its titanfall bubble.

post #2189 of 3603 Old 03-12-2014, 10:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotoman View Post

Heck I've watched teammates and other team members die trying to rodeo a titan that's still in its titanfall bubble.
This makes me laugh when I see it too. I have fallen in to smoke before when I mis-timed my jump, but nothing like that.

post #2190 of 3603 Old 03-12-2014, 10:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJPapi1977 View Post

Does anyone know how I can use the Astro A50 for sound when using them but also get video via HDMI through my Denon Receiver.

I dont want to plug in my XB1 and PS4 directly to the TV....Anyway I can for example not be using the astro a50 and just get audio from receiver and speakers via HDMI?

Just run optical from the one to the Astro a50. When you want to use the A50s, mute the AVR. When you want to use the AVR, don't mute it.

Here to help and learn. Thanks AVS.
XBL: HoosierInOhio

Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Titanfall

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page