TitanFall (EA/Respawn, PC/XB1/360, Spring 2014, Game Informer Leak - Page 88 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 4Likes

post #2611 of 3603 Old 03-20-2014, 06:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 81
It's the epilogue, it's more of a short bonus round.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2612 of 3603 Old 03-20-2014, 06:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 249
Yeah, deaths and kills don't count, but you still get xp for them.

Xbox Gamertag/PSN ID: RemoWilliams84

"I started out with nothing, and I still got most of it." -Seasick Steve

post #2613 of 3603 Old 03-20-2014, 06:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 145
I think there needs to be a "fast" hopper. Like I think COD4 had that? Maybe I'm wrong. It would be reduced load times to 30 seconds though maybe that long load times are for more than just sitting there (loading up assets, sync scores, picking the optimum server for all players etc. So over time, it could conceivably go lower.

on the subject of "Record That" That only works with kinect but it would have been nice to also have that ability with the mic on the controller which basically means the Kinect is useless so there's that.

on the subject of controllers, there was a slight buzzing sound coming from my controller. Anyone else hear this?

I Geez Zeus Me

My life is richer for not knowing what goes on on reality television
post #2614 of 3603 Old 03-20-2014, 07:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 37
I will have to try placing my Titan drop next time I play.

On a side note, I'm thinking about adding windows 8 to my iMac and trying Titanfall there as well. I think the 2gb 680mx card should produce nice graphics at decent settings. I'm not a Kb+M player so I would sync either a DS 4 or 360 controller.

PSN/XBL scrub175
post #2615 of 3603 Old 03-20-2014, 07:13 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 67
I heard a loud buzzing sound coming out of my headset a few nights ago immediately followed by a controller freeze while playing TF. Had to take the battery out of the controller and hard reset the console.

Did notice a new controller update came with the update preview so I updated yesterday and it seemed afterwards that chat and sound sounded better using the headset adapter.

PSN:Lodolfan16
XBL: Lodolfan16
post #2616 of 3603 Old 03-20-2014, 07:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 145
this wasn't my headset, it was buzzing from the controller with the headset adapter pulled off. Strange

will see if the behavior is back tonight, if it is, battery pull. Otherwise, I'll be on the lookout for a controller deal...

possibly the titanfall controller

I Geez Zeus Me

My life is richer for not knowing what goes on on reality television
post #2617 of 3603 Old 03-20-2014, 07:24 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeloxlong View Post

this wasn't my headset, it was buzzing from the controller with the headset adapter pulled off. Strange

will see if the behavior is back tonight, if it is, battery pull. Otherwise, I'll be on the lookout for a controller deal...

Regardless, if you're in the new update preview released this week try updating your controller once again like a few weeks ago with the headset adapter and headset plugged in.

post #2618 of 3603 Old 03-20-2014, 07:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Quote:

on the subject of "Record That" That only works with kinect but it would have been nice to also have that ability with the mic on the controller which basically means the Kinect is useless so there's that.

Yeah, it ticks me off that End War had mic commands 5 years ago, but they won't even integrate simple commands without the Kinect now.
Jets69 likes this.
post #2619 of 3603 Old 03-20-2014, 07:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Anyone in the update beta with a polk 4 shot? I'd be interested to know if the new controller update fixes the mic issues. It's currently unusable.

post #2620 of 3603 Old 03-20-2014, 07:37 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 26
I am just horrible at this game. Of the 10 matches I played yesterday I came in the bottom two spots 8 times. I do find it enjoyable but I hate looking at the leader board. I never get more than 5 combined kills.

I never argue with fools cause from a distance you canÂt tell who is who....
post #2621 of 3603 Old 03-20-2014, 07:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 636
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProblemHouston View Post

I am just horrible at this game. Of the 10 matches I played yesterday I came in the bottom two spots 8 times. I do find it enjoyable but I hate looking at the leader board. I never get more than 5 combined kills.

what's your loadout?
post #2622 of 3603 Old 03-20-2014, 07:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoWilliams84 View Post

Anyone in the update beta with a polk 4 shot? I'd be interested to know if the new controller update fixes the mic issues. It's currently unusable.
What's wrong with the polk mic?

XBL: xGunner26x

PSN: AMER1CAN_GUNNER

Steam: xGunner26x

post #2623 of 3603 Old 03-20-2014, 07:43 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeloxlong

Quote:
Originally Posted by lodolfan View Post

Regardless, if you're in the new update preview released this week try updating your controller once again like a few weeks ago with the headset adapter and headset plugged in.

Same exact thing happened to me last night while playing TF. Lots of buzzing, controller locked up, couldn't do anything, got a message to re-connect controller but nothing worked. The battery wasn't dead, did a hard re-boot and had to re-connect the controller to the xbone. I had already did the update on the controller.

gamertag BRO GRIM
post #2624 of 3603 Old 03-20-2014, 07:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by americangunner View Post

What's wrong with the polk mic?
You have to scream into it for anyone to hear you. It's an issue with the headset adapter. I can plug it into my phone and use the mic fine.

Polk is aware and are apparently working with MS for a controller firmware update. They are also sending out a boom mic extension to help alleviate the problems, but that won't even start shipping until April 1.

post #2625 of 3603 Old 03-20-2014, 07:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 287
Quote:

You have to scream into it for anyone to hear you. It's an issue with the headset adapter. I can plug it into my phone and use the mic fine.
Oh ok. My turtle beaches sound horrible on the XB1, my voice sounds scratchy unless I have my mic about 8 inches away from my face, yet the same headset sounds great on my ps4.

XBL: xGunner26x

PSN: AMER1CAN_GUNNER

Steam: xGunner26x

post #2626 of 3603 Old 03-20-2014, 07:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 322
The headset adapter doesnt play well with certain headsets. I have no problem with the A50's. I've been meaning to try the 5.8/PC360 and the Plyr 1 as well to see if those work fine also.

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami - http://www.avsforum.com/t/1476721/battlefield-4/7200_100#post_24609271
post #2627 of 3603 Old 03-20-2014, 07:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post

The headset adapter doesnt play well with certain headsets. I have no problem with the A50's. I've been meaning to try the 5.8/PC360 and the Plyr 1 as well to see if those work fine also.

I couldn't get it to work with my Tritton 720s, then the pin in the connector broke off so they don't work at all. I really liked my Trittons other than being wired to a base station, but I don't think I'll spend the $40 to get a replacement connector on ebay.

post #2628 of 3603 Old 03-20-2014, 08:12 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 1345
Quote:

I think there needs to be a "fast" hopper. Like I think COD4 had that? Maybe I'm wrong. It would be reduced load times to 30 seconds though maybe that long load times are for more than just sitting there (loading up assets, sync scores, picking the optimum server for all players etc. So over time, it could conceivably go lower.

on the subject of controllers, there was a slight buzzing sound coming from my controller. Anyone else hear this?

On my PC I have an OSD where I can monitor CPU, disk, network activity etc. Presumably the x1 version is the same code. Its loading zilch during the lobby. And half of the actual load screen, it's also loading nothing, it's mostly network activity (picking and syncing with server.) The vast majority of the loading happens up front when you start the game, before you get to the menu.

My guess as to why it's so long and spread out, despite the fact that these are the same devs who made cod4, one of the fastest loading games ever? They want to keep you off the servers as long as possible, since they have to pay for them. Making the lobby 90 secs instead of 60 secs might mean a 1-2% reduction in server load, which can add up to a ton of money spread out over millions of players.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #2629 of 3603 Old 03-20-2014, 08:35 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami View Post

what's your loadout?

I'm still at level 20. So the gun I like the best is the first one that you get when you begin playing. That with the ACOG type sights. I use the Ogar for my titan and have him follow me. I think there are so many different buttons that do so many things during combat that I just can't get use to. I see guys jump, cloak, run on the wall, jump off behind me and before I can even locate them again I am a done.

post #2630 of 3603 Old 03-20-2014, 08:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 322
Quote:

I couldn't get it to work with my Tritton 720s, then the pin in the connector broke off so they don't work at all. I really liked my Trittons other than being wired to a base station, but I don't think I'll spend the $40 to get a replacement connector on ebay.

Another AVSer has the 720's I believe. They didnt work very well for other people in the party chat. All I heard was everything echoing back to me. He said the new update and the new controller update seemed to fix everything.

@lodolfan

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami - http://www.avsforum.com/t/1476721/battlefield-4/7200_100#post_24609271
post #2631 of 3603 Old 03-20-2014, 08:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

On my PC I have an OSD where I can monitor CPU, disk, network activity etc. Presumably the x1 version is the same code. Its loading zilch during the lobby. And half of the actual load screen, it's also loading nothing, it's mostly network activity (picking and syncing with server.) The vast majority of the loading happens up front when you start the game, before you get to the menu.

My guess as to why it's so long and spread out, despite the fact that these are the same devs who made cod4, one of the fastest loading games ever? They want to keep you off the servers as long as possible, since they have to pay for them. Making the lobby 90 secs instead of 60 secs might mean a 1-2% reduction in server load, which can add up to a ton of money spread out over millions of players.
Except if you time shift everyone by 90 seconds you end up with exactly as many people playing on exactly as many servers as if the games started immediately, so that can't be it. I think it was just an arbitrary decision. And it needs to be reduced, asap.
post #2632 of 3603 Old 03-20-2014, 08:57 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emartins View Post

Another AVSer has the 720's I believe. They didnt work very well for other people in the party chat. All I heard was everything echoing back to me. He said the new update and the new controller update seemed to fix everything.

@lodolfan

Things did sound better overall yesterday after updating the controller but I only tried it out with my son's TB Z11 headset. Didn't try the 720s out so no idea on that one. I have a feeling my 720's are faulty and not working properly as they should.

post #2633 of 3603 Old 03-20-2014, 09:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 636
Quote:

I'm still at level 20. So the gun I like the best is the first one that you get when you begin playing. That with the ACOG type sights. I use the Ogar for my titan and have him follow me. I think there are so many different buttons that do so many things during combat that I just can't get use to. I see guys jump, cloak, run on the wall, jump off behind me and before I can even locate them again I am a done.

do this, use the SMG and cloak, constantly use cloak, just get in the habit of hitting it every 10 seconds or so.. this game really favors the aggressor. if you run in the smg cloaked you will get the kill most of the time, also if possible try to have the high ground so no one can come down behind you... see if that helps...
post #2634 of 3603 Old 03-20-2014, 09:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Also, if you're not a good wall runner and like to sneak around, use a silenced weapon. Not showing up on the mini map is huge.

post #2635 of 3603 Old 03-20-2014, 09:19 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by c.kingsley View Post

Except if you time shift everyone by 90 seconds you end up with exactly as many people playing on exactly as many servers as if the games started immediately, so that can't be it. I think it was just an arbitrary decision. And it needs to be reduced, asap.

Every second spent in the lobby is a second spent not in game. When you're sitting in the lobby there's no AI, no netcode, etc. nothing that requires a significant amount of CPU time, memory or network bandwidth. You'll still have the same concurrent amount of players logged in, but less people actually in game at any given time.

post #2636 of 3603 Old 03-20-2014, 09:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

Every second spent in the lobby is a second spent not in game. When you're sitting in the lobby there's no AI, no netcode, etc. nothing that requires a significant amount of CPU time, memory or network bandwidth. You'll still have the same concurrent amount of players logged in, but less people actually in game at any given time.
You're thinking about it from the perspective of one lobby which is where I think you might have been led astray. If every lobby waits 90 seconds the load on the servers at any given time is identical to any other period of time they wait, whether that be t=0,1,2,3,4.... If the lobbies are each given countdowns that are offset in time based on current server conditions then your theory could be plausible.
post #2637 of 3603 Old 03-20-2014, 09:39 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by c.kingsley View Post

You're thinking about it from the perspective of one lobby which is where I think you might have been led astray. If every lobby waits 90 seconds the load on the servers at any given time is identical to any other period of time they wait, whether that be t=0,1,2,3,4.... If the lobbies are each given countdowns that are offset in time based on current server conditions then your theory could be plausible.

Yes, the consistency of the server load would stay the same...but the overall magnitude would decrease, because the proportion of players in game vs in lobby for any given time period has decreased.

post #2638 of 3603 Old 03-20-2014, 10:11 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

do this, use the SMG and cloak, constantly use cloak, just get in the habit of hitting it every 10 seconds or so.. this game really favors the aggressor. if you run in the smg cloaked you will get the kill most of the time, also if possible try to have the high ground so no one can come down behind you... see if that helps...

I will put together a load out tonight. Thanks for the tips. Now I just have to get myself to be able to use that button.

post #2639 of 3603 Old 03-20-2014, 10:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 329
Quote:

In addition to this, this is pretty much my strategy, make sure you have the power cell tier enabled it will let your cloak recharge quicker. You should be getting Burn Cards that let you stay in cloak almost continuously. Until you get the hang of things hop in the Ogre and kill the grunts. You can contribute to the team without having to be on the hunt for Pilots.
post #2640 of 3603 Old 03-20-2014, 11:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 140
Quote:

Use a silencer, stay out of the middle of the map until you get more comfortable, and get high. Errrr high on the map, vertical. If you're staying on the ground a lot and not cloaking, it's not surprising that you're having some issues. If you're having issues with the mechanics, go spend 15 minutes or so in the pilot training again and just practice double jumps, wall running etc.

XBOX Live: Ell Dudereno
Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Titanfall

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page