TitanFall (EA/Respawn, PC/XB1/360, Spring 2014, Game Informer Leak - Page 91 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 30Likes

post #2701 of 3679 Old 03-22-2014, 09:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked: 713
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankJ.Cone View Post

Been playing for two hours. Sad sad change. If you want to get decent points you need camp and kill pilots or run and gun and kill pilots. If this seems familiar that's because it is a game mode called Attrition. I guess defensive modes perhaps enabled players to level too quickly?

yeah i don't understand discouraging people from playing the objective..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2702 of 3679 Old 03-22-2014, 10:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 87
You should be trying to cap objectives. I do think they dropped it too much, but as it was everyone was breaking out S'mores and singing ****ing kumbaya.
post #2703 of 3679 Old 03-22-2014, 10:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 502
yeah, too many people were camping by the flags so flags weren't moving.

does Titanfall use the rumble triggers? I was playing NBA 2K14 which really vibrates the fingertips so I thought back to Titanfall and can't remember any rumble in the triggers. There's the regular rumble in the hands, but not the triggers...
post #2704 of 3679 Old 03-22-2014, 10:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin-benjami View Post

yeah i don't understand discouraging people from playing the objective..

From the makers of CoD, is it really surprising?

PSN - Pendragoongp
NNID - Pendragoon
Include your AVS username in the friend request.
post #2705 of 3679 Old 03-22-2014, 11:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post

yeah, too many people were camping by the flags so flags weren't moving.

does Titanfall use the rumble triggers? I was playing NBA 2K14 which really vibrates the fingertips so I thought back to Titanfall and can't remember any rumble in the triggers. There's the regular rumble in the hands, but not the triggers...

I read somewhere that respawn didn't support rumble triggers.

PSN/XBL scrub175
post #2706 of 3679 Old 03-22-2014, 12:24 PM
AVS Special Member

has tips that many already knew but some good advice. I guess I should get used to the bumper trick...
Weaselboy and beach scrub like this.
post #2707 of 3679 Old 03-22-2014, 01:52 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 287 Post(s)
Liked: 1401
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjonsnow View Post

You should be trying to cap objectives. I do think they dropped it too much, but as it was everyone was breaking out S'mores and singing ****ing kumbaya.

Yeah....it was ridiculous seeing people doing literally nothing dominating the scoreboard. You didnt even have to actively defend the flag, just be somewhere near it. It was skewed too far in favor of defending than attacking.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #2708 of 3679 Old 03-22-2014, 04:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Broke down and bought a collectors edition. Statue is hilariously big. tongue.gif

DeeLux likes this.
post #2709 of 3679 Old 03-23-2014, 04:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

Yeah....it was ridiculous seeing people doing literally nothing dominating the scoreboard. You didnt even have to actively defend the flag, just be somewhere near it. It was skewed too far in favor of defending than attacking.

In order to gain points from an objective you need to remove the opposing team from that point. As you need more time holding points than the opposing team you must take the point. Therefore if anyone is camping a point and not defending it then they are going to get capped and lose it. So if the campfire is roasting it means the opposing team is not trying to take it.

What they have done is take the defensive mode and turned it into an offensive mode which again IMHO seems odd given the game had primarily offensive mode. After playing yesterday I have noticed it crushes your points, even playing aggressively you do not come close to what to would get if the opposing team is not good at taking points. This certainly seems to indicate this is to slow the speed run to Gen 5 that happened.

Another unfortunate side effect:

Promotes snipers! My nephew switched to a sniper and camped in the center of most maps, would shoot anyone leaving B as soon as the point was taken, then move to A or C, whichever the other team started to take. His kill number was always #1. (Not highest in points though)

Frank J. Cone

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Please do not form any opinion of the content of this post, it is still in BETA.

post #2710 of 3679 Old 03-23-2014, 04:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Some nice tips. I will try the bumper jump, been meaning to.

Frank J. Cone

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Please do not form any opinion of the content of this post, it is still in BETA.

post #2711 of 3679 Old 03-23-2014, 04:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Has anyone gone back to Cod recently? I played a few matches yesterday morning. Found out the auto run in TF is REALLY good for the carpal tunnel in my left arm. Pushing down to sprint brought back the old "my arm is on fire feeling" that I have not been missing.

Frank J. Cone

post #2712 of 3679 Old 03-23-2014, 04:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankJ.Cone View Post

Has anyone gone back to Cod recently? I played a few matches yesterday morning. Found out the auto run in TF is REALLY good for the carpal tunnel in my left arm. Pushing down to sprint brought back the old "my arm is on fire feeling" that I have not been missing.

Yeah, I went back to test out the Ripper SMG/AR hybrid. Everyone's using it, because its versatility for this version has a lot of advantages. I did pretty well w/ it.

Xbox Live: General PATT0N
post #2713 of 3679 Old 03-23-2014, 08:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Liked: 230
I switched to bumper jumper and am loving it. Been using A to jump since Halo and it only took 2 hours to feel normal. The advantage is clear, especially for parkour and wall hanging.
It doe switch your Titan ability so you dash with bumper meaning usin vortex with A takes a hit in being less usable, but being able to freelook while jumping is the greater choice.
Thanks Ben for that tip.

PSN: Cravit8
XBL: oOo_Crav_oOo
post #2714 of 3679 Old 03-23-2014, 08:54 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cravit8 View Post

I switched to bumper jumper and am loving it. Been using A to jump since Halo and it only took 2 hours to feel normal. The advantage is clear, especially for parkour and wall hanging.
It doe switch your Titan ability so you dash with bumper meaning usin vortex with A takes a hit in being less usable, but being able to freelook while jumping is the greater choice.
Thanks Ben for that tip.
You can select bumper jumper for pilot only.
post #2715 of 3679 Old 03-23-2014, 12:24 PM
AVS Special Member

I tried the bumper jump - it's good for a little better maneuverability, but it throws off aiming down the sights. Easier for me to get back on the thumbstick and have an easier zoom, so I switched back.
post #2716 of 3679 Old 03-23-2014, 03:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 178
I am totally bummed. I was on pace to hit level 50 before the end of the month. Friday I was suppose to have new Internet, phone (port my old number over), and TV provider install. When the installer got to my place and looked things over he gave me the news that he could not do anything until some trenches were done running the cables to my house to their boxes. it seems when the builders built my house they never ran any feeding lines from my lot to the cable sources on the other side of the street! Both Power and Phone have boxes on the edge of my lot and have a feeding line running to my house, no such luck with cable rolleyes.gif To add salt in the wound since I signed the paperwork to port my number over to the new provider my DSL was disconnected that day. So no internet until the new provider gets things all hooked up and going. Now the good thing is once I get the service I'll have a lower bill (by $50 a month) and download speeds of supposedly 110Mbps and 10Mbps up. So no Titanfall until the new service hits and I'm hoping that is by Wed. Luckily I have a 4 day weekend so maybe I can do some marathon sessions and hit 50. I think I'm level 35 right now.

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
post #2717 of 3679 Old 03-23-2014, 03:42 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 123
Same here... level 41...but the game has been a grind lately. Those gen level 3-5 players are totally beatable but its painful to see it.
post #2718 of 3679 Old 03-23-2014, 03:42 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 704 Post(s)
Liked: 733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arutha_conDoin View Post

I am totally bummed. I was on pace to hit level 50 before the end of the month. Friday I was suppose to have new Internet, phone (port my old number over), and TV provider install. When the installer got to my place and looked things over he gave me the news that he could not do anything until some trenches were done running the cables to my house to their boxes. it seems when the builders built my house they never ran any feeding lines from my lot to the cable sources on the other side of the street! Both Power and Phone have boxes on the edge of my lot and have a feeding line running to my house, no such luck with cable rolleyes.gif To add salt in the wound since I signed the paperwork to port my number over to the new provider my DSL was disconnected that day. So no internet until the new provider gets things all hooked up and going. Now the good thing is once I get the service I'll have a lower bill (by $50 a month) and download speeds of supposedly 110Mbps and 10Mbps up. So no Titanfall until the new service hits and I'm hoping that is by Wed. Luckily I have a 4 day weekend so maybe I can do some marathon sessions and hit 50. I think I'm level 35 right now.

Try cellular data for a temporary connection. This is what I did when my FiOS service was down for almost a week in Summer 2012. Playing Call of Duty on my 360 over a cellular connection was basically the same as over my FiOS connection. I was surprised I had no issues and also the small amount of data that the multi-player gaming used.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3

XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #2719 of 3679 Old 03-23-2014, 03:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

Try cellular data for a temporary connection. This is what I did when my FiOS service was down for almost a week in Summer 2012. Playing Call of Duty on my 360 over a cellular connection was basically the the same as over m y FiOS connection. I was surprised I had no issues and also the small amount of data that the multi-player gaming used.
I might, but I'm back to work (Sun-Tues) so will not have time to play until Wed. Only bad part about playing over my cellular hotspot is the data cap we have. I already had to up it from 4GB to 6GB since we are going to go over (hit 3GB this morning). How much info does a gaming session take? On the flip side I've been playing infamous and that has been a fun game!

PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
-Ghanima Atreides
post #2720 of 3679 Old 03-23-2014, 03:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tampabuc View Post

Same here... level 41...but the game has been a grind lately. Those gen level 3-5 players are totally beatable but its painful to see it.
I think some of those gen level 3-5 are teaming up. I have one guy at work is Gen 2 level 35. I told him he needs a gf. His reply was he does, but she is out of town and due back soon, so I need to get all my gaming time in!biggrin.gif

PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
-Ghanima Atreides
post #2721 of 3679 Old 03-23-2014, 04:07 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I think some of those gen level 3-5 are teaming up. I have one guy at work is Gen 2 level 35. I told him he needs a gf. His reply was he does, but she is out of town and due back soon, so I need to get all my gaming time in!biggrin.gif

Ha! agreed. Unless you can play 12+ hours a day, it just not seem possible. The game has only been out for a couple weeks.

I'm looking forward to matchmaking upgrades. This is not COD or BF. So much better - for those that cannot invest the time.
post #2722 of 3679 Old 03-23-2014, 04:14 PM
AVS Special Member

these guys are impressive. I've been seen groups of 3-5 stay together in many matches and playing well together. If you can get into a clan and stick together, you can do great things.

I'm just not good with teaming up and how to coordinate. It's just too easy to get disoriented and lost. If I knew the maps better, I could know where people are and relay where I'm at.

The few times I've been involved in teamwork has been with Titans where I see a couple of teammates (people I don't know) and I hang with them and we're nearly invincible to take down because of numbers.

I've seen quite a few Gen3 players and it's just amazing how fast some of these players are ramping up. Don't they play any other games but Titanfall???
tampabuc likes this.
post #2723 of 3679 Old 03-23-2014, 04:25 PM
Advanced Member

I'm shocked at the number of gen 3-5 players. They are good but not great when head to head. Even for average players like me.

They did nothing but play this game for 24/7 or they found an exploit. Either way, good for them! It would be nice to have that kind of time / no commitments.
post #2724 of 3679 Old 03-23-2014, 04:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post

these guys are impressive. I've been seen groups of 3-5 stay together in many matches and playing well together. If you can get into a clan and stick together, you can do great things.

I'm just not good with teaming up and how to coordinate. It's just too easy to get disoriented and lost. If I knew the maps better, I could know where people are and relay where I'm at.

The few times I've been involved in teamwork has been with Titans where I see a couple of teammates (people I don't know) and I hang with them and we're nearly invincible to take down because of numbers.

I've seen quite a few Gen3 players and it's just amazing how fast some of these players are ramping up. Don't they play any other games but Titanfall???

No, there aren't any other games out for the Xbone.
post #2725 of 3679 Old 03-23-2014, 04:32 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 287 Post(s)
Liked: 1401
Quote:

I might, but I'm back to work (Sun-Tues) so will not have time to play until Wed. Only bad part about playing over my cellular hotspot is the data cap we have. I already had to up it from 4GB to 6GB since we are going to go over (hit 3GB this morning). How much info does a gaming session take? On the flip side I've been playing infamous and that has been a fun game!

Under 10K a second, so worst case like 36MB an hour, prob less.
Arutha_conDoin likes this.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #2726 of 3679 Old 03-23-2014, 04:36 PM
Advanced Member

Ouch.

I had my remaining X1 extras and X360 console trade-ins in a nice organized pile this weekend for the last good chance at a decent trade in credit (better than Craigslist).

Basically, a FREE PS4 and game of choice but I just couldn't do it. I would be throwing away so many X360 games that I never finished or cherish (will never return) like Beatles Rock Band.

I'll just pay cash and full price when one single game worth owing the PS4 for comes along....MLB The Show hopefully. Anytime now..... nothing yet.....
post #2727 of 3679 Old 03-23-2014, 04:39 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 163
I will be level 49 on my next match (PC) but I have talked to a few random gen 3-5 players and they were younger guys that said they play at least 3-4 hours every day (a random G5 guy was talking in the lobby and said said he plays 50 matches a day eek.gif).

I only have about 20 total hours invested so it's not hard to see how they accomplished it since each gen can allow you to level up faster (providing you know what objectives you require).

I have no real desire to go past level 50, I don't care about the Gen tag, I just want to play and have fun. wink.gif

Jason
tampabuc likes this.

My Twitch Game Stream [PS4/Xone/PC]...

post #2728 of 3679 Old 03-23-2014, 05:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 45
Anyone ever seen a Titan moving like this before? This happened to me a few nights ago and I just couldn't believe it. Is it a hack/game exploit?

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=E6CB00E3FF546249!116&authkey=!AENhb1gkG2-zj_Y&ithint=video%2c.mp4
post #2729 of 3679 Old 03-23-2014, 05:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithfarmer View Post

Anyone ever seen a Titan moving like this before? This happened to me a few nights ago and I just couldn't believe it. Is it a hack/game exploit?

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=E6CB00E3FF546249!116&authkey=!AENhb1gkG2-zj_Y&ithint=video%2c.mp4

that's normal. he's got the unlimited dash core
post #2730 of 3679 Old 03-23-2014, 05:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 45
Thanks. I never use the Stryder because it's seemed weak and never lasted very long for me. Didn't know that ability was even there. Might have to reevaluate.
Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Titanfall

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page