Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 21
HFC this game looks so Awesome.

Video

http://youtu.be/uiaRSuyQ7zA

Breakdown of video.

http://www.screencuisine.net/screencuisine/video-games/the-division-trailer-breakdown/#more-2375

Discuss!

Xbox Live: IamVertigo
PSN: IamVertigo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 Old 06-22-2013, 06:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 76
This game looks awesome and I am as excited to get this one as I am Titanfall.

It will be great to have a slower paced co-op game which is also multiplayer.

I can't wait.
post #3 of 26 Old 06-27-2013, 06:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Aside from BF4 on nextgen, I am most excited about this game. The demo looked amazing!
post #4 of 26 Old 06-27-2013, 06:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 435
This and Titanfall our both my most anticipated for next year. I think with both these games it was the way they introduced it to us. Both our online games but yet felt like a single player game.

The 5.0 is here
post #5 of 26 Old 06-27-2013, 06:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 264
Yeah this game looks to me like a next-gen game. The details and lighting are amazing. I like how glass breaks like real glass and all the little touches they throw in that you don't really even expect are cool.
post #6 of 26 Old 06-27-2013, 07:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 287
To me, this was the game of the show. I like titanfall, but it wasn't even close to this one. I can't wait to check it out.

XBL: xGunner26x

PSN: AMER1CAN_GUNNER

Steam: xGunner26x

post #7 of 26 Old 06-27-2013, 09:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Looks awesome.....but ....Q4 2014? I'll be back to this thread in a year or so rolleyes.gif
centking likes this.

XBOX 360 - KrazeeEyezKeith

PS4 - KrazeeKeith

post #8 of 26 Old 06-27-2013, 10:25 AM

Liked: 832
Quote:
Originally Posted by americangunner View Post

To me, this was the game of the show. I like titanfall, but it wasn't even close to this one. I can't wait to check it out.

Gotta agree there. I'd like to see more actual gameplay, and a little less scripted gameplay, but so far so good. Wonder if they're doing an almost true 1:1 map of NYC and the boroughs.

2015? Seems true "next gen" is going to take a year or two to spin up like last time.
post #9 of 26 Old 06-27-2013, 10:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

Gotta agree there. I'd like to see more actual gameplay, and a little less scripted gameplay, but so far so good. Wonder if they're doing an almost true 1:1 map of NYC and the boroughs.

2015? Seems true "next gen" is going to take a year or two to spin up like last time.
And that really sucks, because I want a new Rainbow Six badly. But I am guessing they won't want to rush it out right after the division. Looks like I may be waiting until 2016 for my R6 fix.

XBL: xGunner26x

PSN: AMER1CAN_GUNNER

Steam: xGunner26x

post #10 of 26 Old 06-27-2013, 07:17 PM

Liked: 13
This was my top game of E3. Seeing it person blows away the youtube videos. The game looks gorgeous and it's a really interesting concept. Plus the tablet/smartphone support is going to be a blast. Being able to fire up the app while at work and playing alongside friends is gonna be great. Plus on the tablet the action your friends are seeing on the console is exactly what you see on the tablet it's not some low quality second rate experience.

Xbox Gamertag: Magaman
Editor in Chief - VGRevolution.com
post #11 of 26 Old 12-16-2013, 12:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 145
been out of the gaming scene and recently saw the Snow Drop engine video on the XBOX One marketplace. Researched more and man o man, this stuff is AMAZING.

the demo scene where three of the players playing cooperatively trying to clear out a police station was pretty cool. Some ho-hum monents but the small things like the glass breaking as bullets hit as well as the how the main character actually closed the door by taking his hand off of the gun and onto the door to gently push it to close it on the squad car as he was moving behind for cover seemed to life like and well thought out. It was.

I like the weather changes and advanced particle effects of the whole thing. The level of excruciating detail was phenomenal. The detail along with the lighting produced some lifelike colors in such a wide color space that has never been seen in console gaming period. DAT RANGE! It's pretty sweet. Helps with the player immersion stuff.

That "support" copter aspect is truly what will make this next gen next gen. I'm loving that anyone can really be the kill streak to put it into COD terms. They can fly about in a remote controlled mini quadricopter and do their own thing to support the group of players on the ground via their second screen app. In the video, they were playing on an iPad which is probably logged in from anywhere in the world. I wonder what the limit is as to how many support quadricopters can be readily available. What a great way to involve your significant other or even kids to call out enemy positions so that you can get better look etc.

The end also intrigued me since another group was attacking them. It's so frikkin inegrated how the game play is, quite amazing really. One minute, you're stuffing your stash box and the next minute you have to find cover from some random dudes trying to take your shi**T and then the next minute you're taking on more NPCs for better sh*t.

The concept seems like it's more Destiny with the MMO aspect.

and it's multiplat...what do I need the PS4 for again?
americangunner likes this.

I Geez Zeus Me

My life is richer for not knowing what goes on on reality television
post #12 of 26 Old 12-16-2013, 02:21 PM
AVS Special Member

copied this from the PS side of AVS:
Quote:

What a way to break radio silence. If there was an award for the most talented yet quietest game studio in the world, until a month ago Massive would have been a contender for it. Its last headline credit was on 2007's very well regarded Cold War strategy game, World in Conflict. A year later the Malmö outfit, which has an excellent reputation within the industry, was bought by Ubisoft. Then... almost nothing. Massive chipped in on development of Assassin's Creed and Far Cry games. It was strongly rumoured that it was working on a massively multiplayer game, and then it was linked to Ubi's Tom Clancy licence. But, given the parlous state of MMOs, it was still easy to worry that Massive would end up as just another outpost in Ubisoft's globe-spanning blockbuster sweatshop.

Not a bit of it. The Division is all Massive's work - right down to the next-generation Snowdrop engine - and it couldn't be any more confident or, importantly, any more modern. Persistent online worlds take so long to develop that some of them end up looking old-fashioned before they're released. The way the studio has cautiously wound up production has deflected that problem, though.

Mannerfelt started work on the technology as lead programmer four or five years ago. Then the opportunity to work on the Clancy licence fell in line with Massive's internal desire to make an online RPG. Committing the project to next-gen consoles (PC is still possible, but unconfirmed) was the next step, followed by the decision about the game's scenario, both of which fed back into the finer details of design. So although in some senses The Division is far down the road, it's only been in active development - by a team of 200 at Massive - for about a year. That's how it manages to look fresh ahead of a 2014 release date, joining Bungie's Destiny at the crest of the new wave of MMOs-by-any-other-name - seriously, don't call them MMOs - that crashed over E3 last month.

Massive isn't quite as keen as Bungie to disguise The Division's roots, however, billing it as an "online open-world RPG". "This is as online as it gets," said Mannerfelt, who at one point corrected himself after using the word "solo", keen to efface any suggestion that you might play The Division offline (you can't) or on your own. "Big servers, completely dedicated servers, we handle lots of users simultaneously." And although it presents itself as a blockbuster action game, with a lot of taking cover and shooting from behind ruined cars, Mannerfelt and Cederström were straining at the leash to proclaim The Division a dyed-in-the-wool role-playing game.

"The thing is that we love RPG games... It has everything, you know: RPG is tied to player progression, finding cool new loot to upgrade your character, customising yourself the way you want to be, crafting and also things such as group content, PVP," said Cederström. "Sure, we have a shooting mechanic, but it's really the smart use of skills and the ability to level up and find new paths through the trees to optimise your character - that's the really interesting part for us." Unlike such rivals as Destiny and Borderlands, The Division isn't selling itself as a hybrid, and Massive is planting its feet firmly on the side of the dice roll.

The most interesting concept in The Division is "dark zones". These are contaminated areas of New York where power and food are in short supply and lawlessness is at its worst. They're also the PVP zones of the game, where players are free to attack each other; you're always safe from player attack outside them. The missions you can undertake in the dark zones offer the best loot in the game, but it has to be extracted and decontaminated before you can use it fully - and the flare you have to send up for an extraction flags you to other players, who have 90 seconds to attack your position and claim the loot from you.

"[Dark Zones] have missions just like every other part of the game. However, you can't trust anyone when you're in there except your group mates. We're going for that kind of tension where you can't trust people that you meet," Cederström said, adding that Massive is very proud of this design - and rightly so. Recalling the way Eve Online handles different levels of security across its galactic frontier, it's the sort of multiplayer dynamic that only MMOs can do, but is often lost in these games' desperation to be all things to all players at all times, eradicating the sense of risk that can be the most exciting thing about them. The Division offers that risk, just clearly and cleverly contained.

It's also mentioned that players will be able to influence New York itself, bringing sectors under control and the city back alive by chaining missions together. But when I asked how this will work - will the city exist in the same state for all players, or might new players always face the same level of chaos - Cederström demurred. "That is tied to a metagame system that we're not talking about yet."

Although Mannerfelt reckons most drone pilots will be regular players of The Division who just happen to be away from their consoles, perhaps the most appealing aspect of this app is as a way to blend persistent online worlds with couch co-op. Imagine running missions on your PS4 with a friend or partner accompanying you on an iPad. It's a perverse truth about this most social form of gaming that it can often be, in real life, an intensely solitary pursuit, but shared experiences of online worlds can be magical. (One of my first online gaming experiences was Phantasy Star Online; my girlfriend at the time would play, while I served as her typist and emoticon designer.)

"Also, this is only one of the tablet apps we have for the game," Mannerfelt added. "This is syncrhonous, we will also have asynchronous tablet gaming. Basically... ah, I shouldn't say." In the end, he couldn't help himself, hinting that you'll get remote access to the game's trading economy before Cederström shut him up.

They were good humoured about it, but it must be painful for a studio with the talent and ambition that Massive clearly has to keep on gagging itself after years of silence on the sidelines. The Division speaks for itself, though. This is a cutting-edge online game, one that doesn't seek to dilute the MMO experience even as it translates it to the console gaming vernacular.

Just before Ubisoft's relentless sound system finally defeated us, Mannerfelt made a simple statement, something you only hear from developers every so often, and - certainly at this level - rarely with such justification. "It's important for us to not do an old game again," he said. "We want to do a new game."

I Geez Zeus Me

post #13 of 26 Old 12-17-2013, 10:22 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 19
This will be my next must-have game for Xbox One. Any update on the release date? Amazon is showing 12/31?

-Lee
XBL GT: S4Lee
(Former) MS MVP - Xbox
post #14 of 26 Old 12-17-2013, 08:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 49
Very interesting... Dark Zones... I can see some players camping zones to steal loot. I'm wondering what perk there is for defending against attack (besides keeping your loot), and what penalty there is for attacking a team who launches a flare and then failing in the attack. There ought to be some kind of penalty for a failed aggression.

I too am interested in this game, although I really don't want to think about it since it's so far away.

XBL GT: xX ShadowAxx Xx 

PSN ID: Bytehoven

Battle Log: Bytehoven  

post #15 of 26 Old 12-18-2013, 06:47 AM
AVS Special Member

It's basically like Everquest right? Huge party to raid a dungeon? Except it's a near future skin with guns and "skills" or weapons and magic. Did that game have penalties?

not sure on release date but I'm going to guess that it'll be between Black Friday and Christmas.

I have to find ways to temper the hype for this game. I'm extremely pumped for this that I'm talking it up with the wife so that she can play the support copter thing on the iPad.

I Geez Zeus Me

post #16 of 26 Old 12-18-2013, 07:50 AM
AVS Special Member

I'm always leary when I hear the next gen stuff.

I remember watching a long video on what COD Ghosts next gen engine could do and it ended up being the same Quake 3 and ran pretty much the same as Xbox 360 version.
post #17 of 26 Old 01-15-2014, 06:40 AM
AVS Special Member

towards the end of that pretty lengthy video when they were trying to free the cops who were trapped by NPC baddies, the girl launches a flare which then I think signals that they're ready for an extraction but then at which point, they leave it hanging where they have incoming players setting up the next video where hopefully it shows multiplayer PvP aspects. When it zooms out from their area, there looked like 4-6 red dots coming from north of where the three were.

Division.PNG 260k .PNG file

what is balancing going to be like? Can a party of 8 try and raid a party of 2. the 2 would get over powered or will it inject random players in the "dark zone" to the squad?

I guess it would be interesting to see what's going on with this.
Attached Images
File Type: png Division.PNG (260.4 KB, 19 views)

I Geez Zeus Me

post #18 of 26 Old 03-19-2014, 05:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 367
A new video discussing how easy it is to use the engine with lots of pretty pictures.

Here is an interview with one the developers about engine.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/19/5524924/the-division-video-snowdrop-game-engine
post #19 of 26 Old 05-15-2014, 03:20 PM
AVS Special Member

post #20 of 26 Old 05-15-2014, 03:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Sad but hopefully it means a better game at launch.
post #21 of 26 Old 05-16-2014, 01:25 AM

Liked: 10
i like the cover system just like the ghost recon future soldier....i hate the always first person view w/c is for me is really lame.
post #22 of 26 Old 06-05-2014, 04:27 PM
AVS Special Member

E3 teaser trailer.
post #23 of 26 Old 06-10-2014, 04:14 AM
AVS Special Member

The presentation/Trailer from Ubisoft's press conference.
post #24 of 26 Old 06-10-2014, 04:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Been following this one closely. I was a huge fan of RB6, and I can't wait to see some gameplay.

Xbox Live: General PATT0N
post #25 of 26 Old 06-11-2014, 04:36 AM
AVS Special Member

A couple of IGN editors talking about the rpg elements of the game.
post #26 of 26 Old 08-15-2014, 11:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Preview of Xbox One version of The Division

http://www.totalxbox.com/80336/previ...the-big-apple/
Reply Xbox Area

Tags
The Division Xbox One

User Tag List