Xbox One Poll - AVS Forum
View Poll Results: Now that Microsoft has removed key restrictions, how will you respond?
I was probably going to buy one no matter what 36 56.25%
I was going to buy one, but now I am reconsidering 3 4.69%
I can't decide, might wait until the dust settles 8 12.50%
I wasn't going to buy one, but now I probably will 11 17.19%
I was never planning on buying one 6 9.38%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 22 Old 06-19-2013, 06:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Now that the big news has hit, I wanted to see how everyone feels about it. I'm ecstatic; until the change, I was actually considering a PS4 instead, which is big for me, as I don't willingly buy Sony products. But now I will probably get one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 06-19-2013, 06:58 PM

Liked: 12
My option is not listed.

I preordered both the PS4 and XB1 nine days ago. It was my intention to maintain my XB1 preorder under the assumption MS would change their policies before launch day.
If they had not changed their policies, there is a very good chance I would have opted out 2 days before launch. I stayed the course and now it looks like I did the right thing. cool.gif

2 Hometheaters
9 HDTV's (LCD, LED, Plasma and DLPs, 32" to 65")
4 Computers (1 laptop, 3 desktops)
6 Gaming consoles (1 PS2, 2 PS3, 1 XB, 2 XB360)
80+ total video games
1 iTouch
1 iPad 2
post #3 of 22 Old 06-19-2013, 09:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 99
I was buying one for sure and am pissed at the changes.
Jeremy Anderson likes this.

post #4 of 22 Old 06-19-2013, 09:23 PM

Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrtledog View Post

I was buying one for sure and am pissed at the changes.

Yes, please add this option.

Consider the unparalleled advantage, of a natural disaster that's impossible to manage.
post #5 of 22 Old 06-19-2013, 09:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 525
Chances of buying are much higher. I bought the 360 at launch but I can't justify buying two consoles this winter, frankly may not buy either immediately. MS's higher price point with lower specs aren't helping to sway me now but long term I imagine I'll get one.
post #6 of 22 Old 06-19-2013, 09:41 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 10
I am preordering mine tomorrow. They should have added a larger SSHD. 500 gigs is a joke. My questions,
Can you use a external HD?
Why not use DDR5?
Keep the digital DL sharing.
Give us future gamers what we want and non online gamers their wants.
WHY CAN'T WE HAVE BOTH?
The other thing that sux is it will not be released till Nov 29 and COD is released 14th!

Xbox live- SER 182
Mix Cloud
http://www.mixcloud.com/Ser182/
post #7 of 22 Old 06-20-2013, 05:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Voted but my option wasn't 100% there. At E3 stage I was 100% not buying one (decided to pre-order a PS4 instead). Now that they've removed much of the restrictions I *might* buy one. For me I want to see a $399 version with no mandatory Kinect. Plus, I kind of don't want to reward MS with a pre-order given they just completely tried to screw their loyal customers. If it wasn't for Sony they would have rammed all those changes down our throats and I'm glad they ended up doing an XBOX180. But for me still not far enough, I'm not interested in Kinect. Anyway I'm also curious about the whole PS4 world so maybe it's a good thing I don't like what the Xbone is offering. Just hard to walk away from XBOX completely as I"ve put in thousands of hours into Xbox and Xbox 360 over the last decade or so (almost). So many good experiences and memories up to now. Anyway...I"m on the fence until closer to launch I think.

XBOX 360 - KrazeeEyezKeith

PS4 - KrazeeKeith

post #8 of 22 Old 06-20-2013, 08:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 46
I'm back into the xbox camp. I was going to get a PS4 but kept coming back here hoping something would change and it has.
post #9 of 22 Old 06-20-2013, 08:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 287
I will still be getting both. What I might do is skip the ps4 at launch, but only so that I can finish off my backlog of PS3 games and that way I can make sure that their online service is as good as they say it will be. I won't be picking sides next generation, just like this generation, since I own both consoles.

XBL: xGunner26x

PSN: AMER1CAN_GUNNER

Steam: xGunner26x

post #10 of 22 Old 06-20-2013, 09:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 30
I was getting both anyway so nothing has changed except now I have to figure out how I am going to buy the games for the XB1. While I like the idea of buying a game disk, I also liked the idea of having it rip to hard drive and not needing the disk to play the game. So I may have to go DD only with XB1, which for some reason always seemed like a hassle to me (maybe because I am impatient).

For PS4 I will buy disks for it no problem, because it will probably be my secondary console and not always hooked up to my TV (assuming the XB1 TV options work close to advertised) . Since the PS4 will probably be on an HDMI switch with the PS3 and Xbox360 (for the first couple of years until the games library on XB1 and PS4 completely block out the older systems) going over to change a disk when I want to play a new game will be fine. With the XB1 though, I want the option of watching TV and then getting a message on my TV from someone saying they want to play some borderlands (yeah I expect one on XB1 at some pont) and then being able to just switch and play right away.
post #11 of 22 Old 06-20-2013, 09:09 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 1342
If they had a kinect-free bundle at $349, and XBL gold came with free games every month like PS plus, I'd probably pick one up as a secondary platform on day one.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #12 of 22 Old 06-20-2013, 09:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd2003 View Post

If they had a kinect-free bundle at $349, and XBL gold came with free games every month like PS plus, I'd probably pick one up as a secondary platform on day one.

I will be curious if the PS+ coming with free games is maintained on the PS4, where they have a limited selection of games.
post #13 of 22 Old 06-20-2013, 09:26 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 1342
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHDTVDiet View Post

I will be curious if the PS+ coming with free games is maintained on the PS4, where they have a limited selection of games.

They already announced a few indie games for the first few months....by next holiday they will probably start shifting away from PS3 to PS4 games. It'll take some time.

They're now on par as far as usability goes, but MS haven't addressed the value equation yet. They're still asking more money for the weaker system, which still has more restrictions (accessories, kinect requirement). The 180 was a good start, but they still need to step it up.

I can justify a second network subscription and second platform only if I'm regularly getting stuff to play....the few first party exclusives aren't enough to justify the second console in the first year or two.

Steam/PSN/Xbox Live: Darius510
post #14 of 22 Old 06-20-2013, 11:03 AM

Liked: 832

Seems relevant to this thread. Personally, I'm going to wait. I wasn't too impressed with their exclusive line up, and 3rd party stuff will be multiplatform +PC sooner or later. I played a full 1080P60 trailer of Titanfall on my 70" and just wasn't that impressed to tell you the truth. More Spacemarines running around in a FPS... just with jetpacks and mechs.

I have heard MS had made some very significant acquisitions and boosted it's first party studios, so really looking forward to what else they have to show. TGS and Gamerscon is just around the corner, and there's GDC, Penny Arcade, and E3 next year still. Just please, less space marines and COD-lite shooters!
post #15 of 22 Old 06-20-2013, 11:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 160
Gee I wonder what the results would be if this same poll was in the Playstation area?

post #16 of 22 Old 06-20-2013, 12:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 287
It would be a landslide. I have not seen a single person that was a ps3 gamer that is interested in jumping to xbox next gen, but there are a lot of xbox guys that sound like they will be jumping to sony. I don't see the numbers being as close by the end of next generation when it comes to sales, not as close as it was this gen.

XBL: xGunner26x

PSN: AMER1CAN_GUNNER

Steam: xGunner26x

post #17 of 22 Old 06-20-2013, 02:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 27
The poll has a decided slant to it. The assumption of the poll creator is that there is no one who was definitely going to get The One who is still definitely going to get The One.
post #18 of 22 Old 06-24-2013, 12:41 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 16
Probably going to get one after the changes but not at release (probably Spring 2014).
post #19 of 22 Old 06-27-2013, 11:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHDTVDiet View Post

That was already announced at E3, four games specifically.

Now playing: Destiny Beta, Wolfenstein
Recently Finished: Watch Dogs, Southpark: Stick of Truth, Infamous: SS
PSN & XBL: Scuzzlebutt33
post #20 of 22 Old 06-29-2013, 07:40 AM

Liked: 14
As it stands now I'm getting the PS4 and will keep playing the 360. I've got about 4-5 "360 Friends" that are doing the same. About 4-5 getting the XO, 2-3 getting both systems and 4-5 said they'll do a wait & see for 6-10 monthsto see what MS & the XO are doing, changes, issues, bundles, etc.... I'll hold off and see if a Halo Edition comes out.
post #21 of 22 Old 07-07-2013, 04:50 PM

Liked: 10
I haven't checked all the exclusives, but seems most xbox games will also be available on pc. So what then is the point of getting a ps4 and then buy the xbox games on pc (assuming most ppl already have a pc). Titanfall is the one exclusive that catches my eye. I have both on preorder and really in the middle.
post #22 of 22 Old 07-08-2013, 05:20 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 272 Post(s)
Liked: 594
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrantII View Post

Seems relevant to this thread. Personally, I'm going to wait. I wasn't too impressed with their exclusive line up, and 3rd party stuff will be multiplatform +PC sooner or later. I played a full 1080P60 trailer of Titanfall on my 70" and just wasn't that impressed to tell you the truth. More Spacemarines running around in a FPS... just with jetpacks and mechs.

I have heard MS had made some very significant acquisitions and boosted it's first party studios, so really looking forward to what else they have to show. TGS and Gamerscon is just around the corner, and there's GDC, Penny Arcade, and E3 next year still. Just please, less space marines and COD-lite shooters!

I really liked that 1080P trailer on my 82" DLP set. I thought it looked very good. And because of that trailer I am really looking forward to the release of Titanfall.

And when the most popular video game is Call of Duty, why wouldn't you expect something similar since COD makes tons of money.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page