xbox ONE headphone's thread. - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 65 Old 07-05-2013, 03:11 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Wow those Sony headphones look awesome any word if they will work on ps4?

And as for the Xbox 360 one's, will they be wireless for Xbox 1?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 65 Old 07-05-2013, 11:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 43
There's a reason those Sony cans are only $75 and they're not even worth that amount.

I bought them over a year ago when Target had them on sale for $80. Used them for a couple of weeks and took 'em back. They were hot, heavy and put the squeeze on my melon giving me a headache after an hour or so. Just not very comfortable to use. The sound quality left a lot to be desired. It was quite poor and the supposed 7.1 surround sound was practically non-existent.
post #63 of 65 Old 07-06-2013, 04:33 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekwan View Post

What irks me is that we are now entering 3rd generation for MS (and the 12th year in the console race) and we still have suck azz wired solutions.

Supposedly, the new audio controller in the XB1 will be able to stream 4 DIFFERENT 48khz/24-bit surround sound mixes to 4 different controllers at the same time. Basically making our Mixamps obsolete in many cases. (Which I have NO problem with, reducing that rat's nest going to/from my Mixamp to one wire to the controller would be AWESOME)

For a VERY detailed technical overview: http://www.vgleaks.com/durango-sound-of-tomorrow/

As for the headset not being included... let's wait and see how the beam-shaping technology on the new Kinect works first:

(Start at 4:10 for the audio isolation demo): http://youtu.be/6Dcn6wWhiv0?t=4m10s

If it works as well as this demonstration implies, I will gladly use it, so I can hear my full 11.2 DSX surround sound system without one ear muffled with a headset and boom microphone.

It supposedly has much better audio resolution than the old Kinect. Also, with the new visual fidelity and IR markers (invisible versions of the lights on the new PS4 controllers) the new Kinect will pinpoint exactly who is talking, in theory making this technology good enough to make headphones unneeded.

Of course, with Microsoft's pathetic PR, hardly anyone know anything about all this. All they know is a headset isn't being included and the Kinect is. WTF.

And here is a quote from one of the developers of the new audio processor in the XB1, named SHAPE:
Quote:
As far as SHAPE is concerned, it can mix thousands of channels, do a filter and volume change on thousands of channels, run an equalizer and compressor on hundreds of channels, and sample rate convert 512 channels per audio frame. And that's just one of the 5 components in the chip. Any one of the other 4 could easily equal what the xfi does.
(he's referring to the SoundBlaster Xfi)

He has a lot of posts over at the Beyond3D forums. Look up user "bkilian" over there. He is saying that the audio processing on the XB1 will be incredible, and will free up a lot of CPU time from the main processor.
Jeremy Anderson likes this.
post #64 of 65 Old 07-06-2013, 08:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 285
I don't care how good the kinect is as a mic, it just won't work as good as a headset. Players voices going over the same speakers as game sound and you won't be able to quickly mute it like you do a headset.

XBL: xGunner26x

PSN: AMER1CAN_GUNNER

Steam: xGunner26x

post #65 of 65 Old 07-06-2013, 09:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by americangunner View Post

I don't care how good the kinect is as a mic, it just won't work as good as a headset. Players voices going over the same speakers as game sound and you won't be able to quickly mute it like you do a headset.

The negative reduction capabilities of the Xbox One are good enough to cope with being able to isolate the players voice from the actually game sound easily enough. The ability to quickly mute, is still best assigned to a button or holding your finger to your head to talk via kinect camera detection would work well enough.

I would still rather use a separate mic though as I game in the living room so I don't want to pick up sound from the rest of my family or anything else going on in the background (not game sound).
I guess if there is a full mic array with somekind of shotgun isolation pair with the kinect positioning it would be an improvement, at leas to lower the background noise. But a close proximity mic would still be better in my opinion.
Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page