post #1 of 65 Old 06-21-2013, 11:03 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 46
So let's kick this off.

Update 2
According to tweets and other members such as onlysublimein in the xbox one official thread the main source of voice chat will be done through Kinect

Update

Official xbox live headset will NOT be included with X1
http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/06/21/xbox-one-headset-revealed

Polk Headphones
http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/06/13/e3-2013-polk-audios-new-xbox-one-sound-bar-and-headphones

Turtle Beach Headphone
http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/06/11/turtle-beach-unveils-xbox-one-and-call-of-duty-ghosts-headsets
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 65 Old 06-21-2013, 11:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 307
From what I have read we will need new headsets or for someone to release an adapter, if an adapter would even work.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/22/xbox-one-incompatible-with-current-gaming-headsets
Ripeer likes this.

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami - http://www.avsforum.com/t/1476721/battlefield-4/7200_100#post_24609271
post #3 of 65 Old 06-21-2013, 03:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 143
I am glad someone started this thread. It is needed as the X1 thread is involved in so many topics that are dead topics.

I am really hoping MS has a good plan going forward. I have spent a nice chunk of change on my gaming headphone/mic setup. I know I can still use the headphones I have, but the mic is what is scaring me. I don't want to have to use the Kinect, no matter how good it is at replacing my mic. I sit too far from my TV and would have to speak very loud.

I am truly hoping they have a puck like plug that takes both a headphone and microphone 3.5mm jack. It sounds like the X1 will be able to send stereo to the controller. If it can do that it should be able to send the surround signal needed. Sign up with Dolby or DTS MS so I can have the most wireless headset setup possible! (while using any headphone or mic I want).

Xbox Live: TheRealMaxPower --- PSN: TheRealMaxPower

Panasonic TC-P65VT60    Vienna Acoustic Mozart Grands    Onkyo TX-SR805   Sony BDP-S790

Astro Mixamp 2013   Schiit Modi    AKG K702 65th Anniversary   Antlion ModMic    Sennheiser PC360

Theater- Benq W1070    Elite 120" projection...

post #4 of 65 Old 06-21-2013, 03:57 PM

Liked: 116
From my understanding, the new headsets from Turtlebeach all connect directly to the controller. So no wireless option, however, all audio is delivered and includes multi-channel surround.

"Live to Win!"
XBL: RandomNinjaAtk
www.stevenohare.com - Personal Blog
www.oharesites.com - Domain Names, Web Hosting, Email Hosting and more
post #5 of 65 Old 06-21-2013, 04:49 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbyrnes View Post

I am glad someone started this thread. It is needed as the X1 thread is involved in so many topics that are dead topics.

I am really hoping MS has a good plan going forward. I have spent a nice chunk of change on my gaming headphone/mic setup. I know I can still use the headphones I have, but the mic is what is scaring me. I don't want to have to use the Kinect, no matter how good it is at replacing my mic. I sit too far from my TV and would have to speak very loud.

I am truly hoping they have a puck like plug that takes both a headphone and microphone 3.5mm jack. It sounds like the X1 will be able to send stereo to the controller. If it can do that it should be able to send the surround signal needed. Sign up with Dolby or DTS MS so I can have the most wireless headset setup possible! (while using any headphone or mic I want).

I love my PC360/mixamp combo, would be nice to use...but I would buy something else as long as it has integrated chat and simulated surround.

I can't imagine Microsoft is going to force everyone on XBL to listen to everything in every players room (dog barking, other conversations, wive's yelling, kids screaming) by only allowing voice chat over Kinect??? Really??? Surely they must just mean Skype type functionality and not multiplayer gaming???

XBOX LIVE ID: JeepR kReapR
PSN ID: JeepR_kReapR

Originally Posted by emartins

Instead of the usual 2 minutes, give her 5 minutes of nothing but that Jeep ecstasy. She will be exhausted and fall right to sleep. You are now free to play.

Thats what I do.

post #6 of 65 Old 06-21-2013, 04:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 348
I really still hope they do a wireless headset later just for game chat. I'm running 9.1 in my living room, so I don't need surround headphones... and while I can live with a wired mic (and the wired mic for Xbox One does look nice), I tend to roam my house between games while in chat with people and don't take my controller with me.

Since they're using WiFi direct, I'm sure we'll see a wireless mic post-launch though.

"Never believe any quote you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
post #7 of 65 Old 06-21-2013, 04:56 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 333
I'm still hoping for a truly wireless solution that doesnt suck.

But that said, as long as my PC360/Mixamp combo still works.. I wont be complaining.

Xbox Live & PSN gamertag- Daekwan
www.facebook.com/Daekwan
post #8 of 65 Old 06-21-2013, 05:32 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 25
It looks like no bluetooth for XB1, which sucks because I could've use my A50's with it and be totally wireless.
post #9 of 65 Old 06-21-2013, 06:04 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Liked: 576
But if they used BT then the latency would be higher. I'll take the lower latency.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #10 of 65 Old 06-21-2013, 06:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekwan View Post

I'm still hoping for a truly wireless solution that doesnt suck.

But that said, as long as my PC360/Mixamp combo still works.. I wont be complaining.

No indication right now that they will work. Seems like a lot of headset manufacturers have a bunch of reasons in the form of dollars to NOT release an adapter. If it ever comes it'll be from a small third party, and very likely not at release.

Read. Think. Post. In that order, preferably

"If the Playstation and Xbox are like the Bloods and the Crips, then the Wii is whatever gang Sha Na Na was in" - Christian Finnegan
post #11 of 65 Old 06-21-2013, 06:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Well worst case there has to be a way to take the Microsoft X1 headset and make it work with the astro mixamp. Cable splicing or opening it up. I will find a way if they don't give me the option through retail.

Panasonic TC-P65VT60    Vienna Acoustic Mozart Grands    Onkyo TX-SR805   Sony BDP-S790

Astro Mixamp 2013   Schiit Modi    AKG K702 65th Anniversary   Antlion ModMic    Sennheiser PC360

post #12 of 65 Old 06-21-2013, 06:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Turtle Beach and Polk I don't qualify as HiFi. I have about $600 or more in my current headphone and mic setup. That excludes the PC360s I rarely use now. This gen I have spent over $1000 on strictly gaming audio. I am not alone in doing this.

Charge whatever, but give me an option to use the headphone and microphone I choose.

post #13 of 65 Old 06-21-2013, 08:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Turtle Beach and Polk I don't qualify as HiFi. I have about $600 or more in my current headphone and mic setup. That excludes the PC360s I rarely use now. This gen I have spent over $1000 on strictly gaming audio. I am not alone in doing this.

Charge whatever, but give me an option to use the headphone and microphone I choose.
I just want something for game chat, not game audio. My game audio will be coming through my 9.2 setup... which is mostly comprised of apparently non-HiFi Polks. tongue.gif

post #14 of 65 Old 06-22-2013, 02:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Anderson View Post

I just want something for game chat, not game audio. My game audio will be coming through my 9.2 setup... which is mostly comprised of apparently non-HiFi Polks. tongue.gif

Everyone's ears are different. I hate how Polk speakers sound. I never knew Polk even made headphones! They do make good speakers, their high end stuff is good, just not for me, lol.

I went to headphones because I used to get complaints about my stereo being too loud. So I would have to turn it down, defeating any sound cues surround sound gave me.

A lot of gamers spend good money on headset audio. Would be idiotic to not give us an option to use better gear.

post #15 of 65 Old 06-22-2013, 06:12 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 36
D
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbexperience View Post

No indication right now that they will work. Seems like a lot of headset manufacturers have a bunch of reasons in the form of dollars to NOT release an adapter. If it ever comes it'll be from a small third party, and very likely not at release.

Daekwan- Don't understand how it wouldn't work. Xbox one has optical out to astro base for the sound, and voice chat would simply be thru kinect, which is what everyone will be using as there is no mic shipped with the bone. Maybe I'm wrong , but don't see why this wouldn't work.

Xbox Live- bucknuts07

PSN-bucknuts07

post #16 of 65 Old 06-22-2013, 06:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Everyone's ears are different. I hate how Polk speakers sound. I never knew Polk even made headphones! They do make good speakers, their high end stuff is good, just not for me, lol.

I went to headphones because I used to get complaints about my stereo being too loud. So I would have to turn it down, defeating any sound cues surround sound gave me.

A lot of gamers spend good money on headset audio. Would be idiotic to not give us an option to use better gear.
Heh... I was just bustin' balls. My Polks are all older models with the silk dome tweeters (RTi70, CSi40, RTi28). I hated the tri-laminate tweeters they came out with after that and I haven't heard any of their newer model speakers. I've heard good things about their newer LSi line and their headphones though.

As I said, I just want something for voice chat. With 9.2 in my room, I kinda' still want to hear my SVS sub and get the couch-shaking from my Buttkicker LFE, and headphone surround just doesn't give you all that. But I also don't want to have to hear voice chat through my speakers by using Kinect, even if they have improved it.

post #17 of 65 Old 06-22-2013, 07:47 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

You raise some interesting questions Jeremy Anderson

What are people with big rooms (projectors etc) going to do? Are we going to have to yell at our kinect?

How are they going to eliminate the infamous "Hear what x user is listening to"/How are they going to cut out bleed-through sound.

How are they going to hear people over the massive sound stage's presented by surround sound setups?

It makes me wonder who are they targeting Xbox One's at? A lot of adults have big screens and big sound systems these days.

And how do I play at night? With a mic I could whisper into it, can I whisper to my Kinect?

These are real problems that could make or break online for a LOT of people.
post #18 of 65 Old 06-22-2013, 08:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 307
There answer will be to purchase the headset for xbox one. Its sold separately this time, unless they change their minds. I might just purchase it and use just the mic portion while using my existing headphones until an adapter or another cable from astro gets released.

Hapi -"Lazy......cuz he's a boss like that"

mphfrom77 - "I'm an idiot."

benjamin-benjami - http://www.avsforum.com/t/1476721/battlefield-4/7200_100#post_24609271
post #19 of 65 Old 06-22-2013, 05:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 367
According to mp1st the headset is included.

http://mp1st.com/2013/06/21/microsoft-reveals-xbox-one-headset/
post #20 of 65 Old 06-22-2013, 05:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxar5 View Post

According to mp1st the headset is included.

http://mp1st.com/2013/06/21/microsoft-reveals-xbox-one-headset/
Pretty sure that's not true, considering people were asking Mark Whitten on Twitter if he would have them include the wired mic, and his response was that he would suggest it.

post #21 of 65 Old 06-22-2013, 06:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 367
Don't see why something so simple and necessary would be left out when their including Kinect.
post #22 of 65 Old 06-22-2013, 06:44 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Will the optical out port work when were using HDMI?

Man Microsoft really needs a better PR department/agency, they need hire Don Draper biggrin.gif
post #23 of 65 Old 06-23-2013, 05:18 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 36
Optical works with hdmi at same time on 360, same with ps3, see no reason the bone would change this

Xbox Live- bucknuts07

PSN-bucknuts07

post #24 of 65 Old 06-23-2013, 08:05 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 333
Love that name. The bone!

Xbox Live & PSN gamertag- Daekwan
www.facebook.com/Daekwan
post #25 of 65 Old 06-23-2013, 10:11 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknuts07 View Post

Optical works with hdmi at same time on 360, same with ps3, see no reason the bone would change this

The same could be set said about the headset plug on the controller. The only reason to change it was money and control, so why not do the same with the optical
post #26 of 65 Old 06-23-2013, 04:08 PM
AVS Special Member

The optical port on the console is the standard one. Unless they change it from note to release. Look at pictures of it.

post #27 of 65 Old 06-23-2013, 06:42 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Sorry, I meant to say was it's possible the optical turns off HDMI is plugged in.
post #28 of 65 Old 06-23-2013, 07:16 PM
AVS Special Member

I highly doubt it. A lot of people use HDMI to TV and optical to an AVR. It wouldn't be very smart if they are trying to take over the living room. I wouldn't worry about it.

post #29 of 65 Old 06-26-2013, 10:32 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Just bumping this, I wonder if anyone knows any new details?
post #30 of 65 Old 06-26-2013, 11:10 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripeer View Post

Just bumping this, I wonder if anyone knows any new details?

Would be nice for some real specs from microsoft and sony in regards to audio. We can assume the both support optical out due to the toslink port on the back of both consoles...but what codecs are supported and multi-out support for either console is not confirmed.

With the 360, it supports 5.1 over hdmi and optical simultaneously...so I can get 5.1 out of my AV receiver and send 5.1 to my astro mixamp simultaneously without changing any audio settings on the 360.

With my PS3, if I want to get 5.1 audio over optical I have to select optical out and audio over HDMI will be disabled. If I select AV Multi-out (which sends audio via HDMI and optical at the same time) everything is downmixed to 2.1

We would like to assume that audio options will at least be the same with the consoles, but I'd also like to know if they've added native support for additional audio codecs? Or is it all still just 'Digital Stereo' or 'Dolby 5.1' or WMA in system settings (Xbox)???

XBOX LIVE ID: JeepR kReapR
PSN ID: JeepR_kReapR

Originally Posted by emartins

Instead of the usual 2 minutes, give her 5 minutes of nothing but that Jeep ecstasy. She will be exhausted and fall right to sleep. You are now free to play.

Thats what I do.

Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page