F1 2013 from Codemasters - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 36 Old 07-15-2013, 05:12 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 200
Codemasters officially announced F1 2013 today.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/15/codemasters-announce-f1-2013

Particularly exciting for me is the classics mode that this year's edition will have. With a standard copy of the game, you can race five different F1 machines from the 1980's. Some of the iconic driver names from that era have also been licensed to lend authenticity like Mario Andretti.

And to top it off, tracks are also included which presumably will appear like they did back in the 1980's, The two tracks for this mode will be Jerez and Brands Hatch. I don't know how Jerez could've got the nod over something like the Osterreichring, but it's nice that some extra tracks are included to go along with the vehicles.

And if you buy the Classic Edition, there's even more classic mode content (Which you can pay to unlock with a standard edition). The extras are vehicles, names, and tracks from the 1990's. Not as many details on this area but it appears to be a 1990's counterpart to what they're doing for the decade of the 1980's.Tracks will include Imola and Estoril. And the wording in the IGN article makes it sound like there are possibly more than just those two tracks for the 1990's era content.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/15/codemasters-creative-director-talks-next-gen-racing

No next generation console versions this year. Just the usual PC/360/PS3 versions. Not entirely sure the reason why when the PC version has always looked significantly better than the console version, but at least it gives time for some wheel options to appear for the Xbox One and Playstation 4 before F1 2014 arrives later next year.

And I'm particularly happy how the colors are starting to pop more with each edition of this game. F1 2010 often looked like there was a sun visor over my whole screen. But the dark, drab, and brown look has slowly been disappearing and the series is getting more colorful like real life and the sport of Formula One really is.

Here's a selection of several of the many videos already available.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 Old 07-16-2013, 12:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Lotus 100 cockpit cam! Yes! I'm so glad to see an actual video with cockpit cam. Shame he has the turn indicator on. It always surprises me how few people play the F1 series in cockpit cam with all interface elements turned off.

Thanks for sharing this, very exciting news to have this come out. Part of my excitement comes from the fact that Codemasters has been able to build a sustainable and repeatable gaming franchise here,

It's also nice that they continue to refine the game instead of overhauling it. That makes each release feel like a nice improvement over the previous. It'll be interesting to see how they've set car performance and handling.

-JR
Leo_Ames likes this.
post #3 of 36 Old 07-25-2013, 08:02 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Glad there's at least one other fan here. smile.gif

Hopefully the next generation F1 2014 will recapture some of the excitement that F1 2010 generated around here a few years back. As I recall we had a good 7 or 8 interested users and a thread that ended up several pages in length when all was said and done. The subsequent games by comparison seem to be flying a bit under the radar around here from a discussion point of view.

Anyways, the reason I'm posting is I figured you'd be interested to know that a new track has been added to the schedule for 2014. Formula One will be returning to Austria at the A-1 Ring (Now called the Red Bull Ring for its new owner that has resurrected it), built on the site of the legendary Osterreichring that Formula One abandoned back in the 1980's out of safety concerns, where Formula One raced in the late 1990's and early 2000's.

Interesting track that I've grown to appreciate, despite the destruction of one of the world's greatest racing circuits in order to construct it, since it left the schedule a decade or so ago. Will be a breath of fresh air compared to many of the tracks on the current calendar and should be a fun track to drive in next year's game.

So F1 2014 should offer two new and interesting tracks if the New Jersey street course with the NYC skyline as a backdrop also comes to fruition. While F1 2013 has four retro tracks for some fresh courses, the main career mode has no new additions and actually lost a track overall with Valencia being dropped and now alternating annually with Barcelona like the German Grand Prix has done in recent years.

So two new tracks for the career/championship modes should be nice next year. smile.gif

Edit: Make that three new tracks. I forgot about Russia joining the calendar in 2014. India sounds like it's out for 2014 though since they're having to shift its place on the calendar. So rather than put on a spring 2014 race just a few months after this year's Fall race, it will take 2014 off and return for 2015.
post #4 of 36 Old 07-27-2013, 01:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 88
Oooh it makes me so mad to see them playing on the CSR wheel after they botched the CSR support for Grid 2 so badly.
post #5 of 36 Old 07-27-2013, 08:04 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

What was wrong? Arcade racers like that are things I tend to avoid using a wheel with for the sake of longevity for the controller, but that stinks that it doesn't work right.

I don't have a clue why Namco is posting this and what their connection is with F1 2013 and Codemasters, but a video showing a hotlap around the track in Hungary that Formula One is at this weekend has been posted.

And October 4th is the release date.

post #6 of 36 Old 07-29-2013, 07:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Ames View Post

What was wrong? Arcade racers like that are things I tend to avoid using a wheel with for the sake of longevity for the controller, but that stinks that it doesn't work right.
It simply does not work. Grid 1 had wonderful wheel support, as has any other Codemasters game since Dirt 1. I have tried every setting and the wheel oversteers straight into a wall. It feels like all the old EA Need for Speed games that did not have true wheel support. The funny thing is that the Microsoft wheel supposedly at least works. I might dust it off and give it a shot.
post #7 of 36 Old 07-30-2013, 12:22 PM
AVS Special Member

What wheels do work with F1 2013? I've only ever used the controller for all racing games, but I'd be interested in moving over to a wheel if there are good ones out there.

-JR
post #8 of 36 Old 07-30-2013, 06:59 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

The best 360 wheels are from Fanatec.

http://us.fanatec.com/index.php?route=common/home

From a console perspective, they're certainly on the expensive side and will likely be the most expensive game controller you ever purchase for console use by a wide margin. But their compatible 360 models also support the PC and sometimes support the PS3 (and appear to have have a shot of being supported by the PS4 where as there's next to no chance of Xbox One support with an existing 360 wheel). So that lessens the blow a bit if you're playing games beyond just on the 360. The remaining 360 wheel options range from cheap worthless junk to passable low end accessories.

F1 2013 presumably will have at least limited support for every available 360 wheel option. But with what's been said about Grid 2 in this thread, it's probably best to wait and actually see if you're considering buying a wheel for it. I'm sure Codemasters employees will clarify closer to release on their forum the particulars about their wheel support so you will be assured that your purchase is compatible.
post #9 of 36 Old 07-31-2013, 05:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

The best 360 wheels are from Fanatec.

http://us.fanatec.com/index.php?route=common/home

From a console perspective, they're certainly on the expensive side and will likely be the most expensive game controller you ever purchase for console use by a wide margin. But their compatible 360 models also support the PC and sometimes support the PS3 (and appear to have have a shot of being supported by the PS4 where as there's next to no chance of Xbox One support with an existing 360 wheel). So that lessens the blow a bit if you're playing games beyond just on the 360. The remaining 360 wheel options range from cheap worthless junk to passable low end accessories.

F1 2013 presumably will have at least limited support for every available 360 wheel option. But with what's been said about Grid 2 in this thread, it's probably best to wait and actually see if you're considering buying a wheel for it. I'm sure Codemasters employees will clarify closer to release on their forum the particulars about their wheel support so you will be assured that your purchase is compatible.
I'd say the Fanatecs are as likely to be supported on PS4 as they are on Xbox One. Fanatec has stated that they are trying to find a solution with both parties, but as of right now, neither will accept existing wheels.

http://www.911wheel.de/?q=node/10006
post #10 of 36 Old 07-31-2013, 01:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Thanks, with this information I'll hold off on purchasing any sort of wheel and stick with the controller. I've been playing racing games for so long with a controller it'd probably be a challenge to move over to a wheel, but it's always interested me. With the original Xbox I purchase a wheel and pedal unit (I can't recall which), but never liked a) how it felt driving and b) trying to set it up so i could sit comfortably and use it.

I'll stick with the stick (no pun intended) for now.

-JR
post #11 of 36 Old 07-31-2013, 02:30 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I really don't think you'd have to worry about a Fanatec Xbox 360 compatible wheel not working with F1 2013. Their Grid development team could probably get away with it (Heck, they didn't even keep a cockpit view so I doubt Fanatec wheel owners were a big priority), but I think it's assured for a simcade like F1 2013 from a team that has supported Fanatec wheel options through three iterations now.

And you would catch on quickly I'm sure after struggling for a couple of hours but probably won't be any faster (Although the situation would be drastically different were it a hardcore PC race sim where a wheel is all but mandatory to get anywhere). A friend of mine that's a PC sim racer but uses his gamepad when playing these games on his 360 in his living room was just as fast, if not slightly faster, than I was while playing it at my computer desk with a proper wheel and pedal setup.

But it certainly adds to the immersion and allows for more precision and consistency even though you probably won't be blowing away your lap records done with a gamepad. And since you like to manually shift as I recall, paddle shifters will be a great asset for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoThru22 View Post

I'd say the Fanatecs are as likely to be supported on PS4 as they are on Xbox One. Fanatec has stated that they are trying to find a solution with both parties, but as of right now, neither will accept existing wheels.

I don't see anything there about PS4 support, just Xbox One support?

If Sony is tightening things down on the controller front, that's a shame in view of all of the consumer friendly decisions they've been making. This would definitely be a step backwards in this area if USB PS3 controllers aren't able to be supported here.

On the PS3, they could even support standard PC accessories since it was so open. But if their wheels won't be supported, then that will definitely be doing away.
post #12 of 36 Old 08-05-2013, 06:18 PM
AVS Special Member

It's interesting how used to a certain type of input you become - I'm so familiar with being smooth with the controller, and then how far to snap out of oversteer, etc., that it's all second nature. Same goes with shifting, although it does cramp my hands after a hour or so, shifting with the controller seems normal.

I enjoyed Grid, but never purchased Grid 2. Was there no ****-pit view in that game? That's a shame, I can't recall why I never purchased Grid 2...maybe that was the reason but I've forgotten.

A racing game I really enjoyed and wished they'd make another was Race Pro. It had such a great tactile and audio response to tire scrub, understeer and oversteer. I might have to dig it out of the garage and give it a whirl!
post #13 of 36 Old 08-05-2013, 06:35 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

If you ever game on the PC, SimBin, the developer of Race Pro, pumps out games pretty regularly over there just like it.

While Grid already felt very much like an arcade game to me, Grid 2 apparently went far further towards the arcade end of things. So you may of not enjoyed it even if it did have a cockpit view due to the huge change in physics style. From their stats they gave on Grid 1 where something like less than 10% ever used cockpit view, I can see why they didn't bother with the even more arcadish sequel though.

I haven't played Grid 2 yet. Supposedly has some new tracks coming up for download so I'm going to wait and hope they do something similar to Dirt 3 where they released a complete edition at a slashed price later on with the DLC bundled in on the disc.
Quote:

According to a long thread at NeoGaf about Drive Club, those developers already stated that all compatible PS3 wheels will work with the game.

From what I can gather from various places, PS4 support is looking much brighter than Xbox One support is for existing Fanatec wheels. .
post #14 of 36 Old 08-06-2013, 08:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

From their stats they gave on Grid 1 where something like less than 10% ever used cockpit view, I can see why they didn't bother with the even more arcadish sequel though.

That's amazing. I'd love to see the cockpit view stats on other popular racing games.

-JR
post #15 of 36 Old 08-06-2013, 10:13 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I'd find that interesting too. I imagine it's considerably higher the closer a game edges towards the simulation end of the spectrum instead of the arcade end. I bet if they released that information for F1 2013 a few months after release, for instance, that it would blow away their 5% stat.

Here's something official about it back when they said that. They claim it's only 5% and they act like that's across all of their games. And they confusingly state that only 5% have tried cockpit view. I can't imagine that it's only ~5% for their three F1 games (Where I almost hate to admit that I use the rollbar view above the driver's head where the in-car camera is mounted in real life).

http://community.codemasters.com/t5/GRID-2-General-Discussion/With-regards-to-cockpit-view-a-statement-from-Executive-Producer/td-p/17778

And I would think that the percentage of those that tried it would at least approach 100%. You almost accidentally have to at least tried it if you ever cycled through the view options while on-track. So I imagine they mean that only 5% have it selected as their default view and I bet that stat is only for Grid 1 if they were to provide further details (Or perhaps for Grid 1 and the Dirt series combined).
post #16 of 36 Old 08-07-2013, 11:09 AM
AVS Special Member

I agree, that 5% number seems like it'd be incorrect, but then again, I don't know many people who play racing games. Out of my two other friends who do, they both play with the t-bar cam view, and don't use cockpit view.

Thanks for the link, I wound up digging around a bit and found this video of a mod that apparently was tested or applied to the PC version of F1 2012. You have to watch through the video for a bit to see it, and for whatever reason he only uses it for short periods of time - but it's a neat idea that continues to try to pull in that immersion factor. I set the link to open 50 seconds into the video, roughly where he swaps through the view a few times.

http://youtu.be/L8IEy5KNFmI?t=50s

As people try to capture that feeling of being in the car, the challenge with the cockpit view seems to span a few areas. When you drive with a helmet on, you don't actually "see" the helmet, since your area of focus becomes so sharp. In turn, trying to translate a cockpit with a helmet on a tv screen simply looks like a view restriction element, and since it doesn't turn with your own head movements, is really just another version of the frame of the tv (excluding weather effects, etc.). It makes me think back to that early beta version of the IllumiRoom immersion system is planned for the Xbox One later on, which showcases information outside the TV screen, allowing you to focus on the TV screen. it'd be interesting to see them attempt to explore that by making the area outside the TV screen the internal helmet you "see".

And just for fun - showing that there is a reason the cockpit view in the F1 games aren't "real"....F1 eye level cockpit camera

-JR
post #17 of 36 Old 08-23-2013, 09:30 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Here's a largely finalized list of Classic Mode content.

1980s Content (Found in both F1 2013 & F1 2013: Classic Edition)

Tracks:
Brands Hatch
Jerez

Cars and Drivers:

1980 Williams FW07B
Original Driver: Alan Jones
Team Legend: Alain Prost

1986 Team Lotus 98T
Team Legend: Mario Andretti
Team Legend: Emerson Fittipaldi

1988 Ferrari F1-87/88C
Original Driver: Gerhard Berger
Team Legend: Michael Schumacher

1988 Team Lotus 100T
Original Driver: Satoru Nakajima
Team Legend: Mika Hakkinen

1988 Williams FW12
Original Driver: Nigel Mansell
Team Legend: Damon Hill

1990s Content (Found in F1 2013: Classic Edition only)

Tracks:

Estoril
Imola

Cars and Drivers:

1992 Ferrari F92 A
Original Driver: Jean Alesi
Team Legend: TBC

1992 Williams FW14B
Original Driver: Nigel Mansell
Team Legend: David Coulthard

1996 Ferrari F310
Original Driver: Michael Schumacher
Team Legend: Gerhard Berger

1996 Williams FW18
Original Driver: Damon Hill
Original Driver: Jacques Villeneuve

1999 Ferrari F399
Original Driver: Eddie Irvine
Team Legend: Jody Scheckter

1999 Williams FW21
Original Driver: TBC
Team Legend: Alain Prost
post #18 of 36 Old 08-24-2013, 12:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 178
Quote:

There seems to be pretty high hopes for the PS4 to run existing Fanatec wheels through the USB port in the PS4 thread. Sony has said that USB controllers will work. MS has said no to support out of box. The manufacturer would need to provide an adapter for the Xbone.
post #19 of 36 Old 08-26-2013, 12:45 PM
AVS Special Member

The latest from Fanatec at http://www.911wheel.de/?q=node/10230
Quote:
A few people are wondering why we are so quiet.
We will not make the mistake again to mention new things too early. We
will announce something new if production is about to start. We are
working on several products for several platforms and every one of our
new products will set a new benchmark as they did in the past.
We
are also trying hard to protect the investment of our existing customers
by making our current products upwards compatible. But we cannot
confirm that before the final consoles are released.
post #20 of 36 Old 08-28-2013, 03:35 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

First look of Brands Hatch that I've seen.

And the Codemasters gameplay trailer for Spa.

And in recent news, a nasty chicane at Singapore is now eliminated so Codemasters is going to have some catching up to do if they want it accurate before release. And Mexico has a provisional place on the 2014 calendar so next year's game could have a lot of new tracks if everything that's slated comes to fruition (New Jersey, Russia, Austria, and Mexico).

And of possible interest to some, WRC 4 is now announced and is looking good (Although you can still tell that they're a small developer without the budgets of a Codemasters and the like). Might not do North Amerucan Xbox 360 gamers any good though. Beyond WRC 2 which was region free over in Europe and could be imported, we've been out of luck and have yet to have a domestic Xbox 360 release. But WRC 3 did see a North American PS3 release, the first for the series, so maybe WRC 4 will make it out over here for both platforms. Click anywhere on this paragraph if someone wants to see a video of it in action.
post #21 of 36 Old 08-29-2013, 06:40 PM
AVS Special Member

How can you not love a cockpit view where the racer is shifting vs. using paddles? Awesome stuff, great to see these vides! Hatch looks good and fast like it should be,

Leo, I think it was you who a couple of threads ago asking about controller tapping. It looks so crazy to see that in the Spa race, I don't understand how people are able to control the car that way.
post #22 of 36 Old 08-29-2013, 09:13 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Yeah, that was me. I never quite understood why people used a analog stick like that. You can't be as smooth as you can with a wheel but some like in that Spa instance are treating the analog stick almost like it was a d-pad (where taps can help for finer adjustments) instead of nice smooth motions. A holdover from the 8 and 16 bit era of racers, perhaps?

Paddle shifters are perhaps the worst innovation ever brought into auto racing as far as I'm concerned. Not only did it eliminate an area of challenge for the driver which I think has detracted from the sport, it removed part of the allure in this era of tv broadcast by making the shifting process all but hidden to the viewer when a cockpit camera is shown. Was sad to see IndyCar even go down this route a couple of years ago by abandoning their inline shifters.

Inline shifters and H pattern shifters are definitely my preferences as a racefan and as a sim driver.
post #23 of 36 Old 08-30-2013, 10:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Yeah, that was me. I never quite understood why people used a analog stick like that. You can't be as smooth as you can with a wheel but some like in that Spa instance are treating the analog stick almost like it was a d-pad (where taps can help for finer adjustments) instead of nice smooth motions. A holdover from the 8 and 16 bit era of racers, perhaps?

Paddle shifters are perhaps the worst innovation ever brought into auto racing as far as I'm concerned. Not only did it eliminate an area of challenge for the driver which I think has detracted from the sport, it removed part of the allure in this era of tv broadcast by making the shifting process all but hidden to the viewer when a cockpit camera is shown. Was sad to see IndyCar even go down this route a couple of years ago by abandoning their inline shifters.

Inline shifters and H pattern shifters are definitely my preferences as a racefan and as a sim driver.

Last night I played some F1 2013 and paid particular attention to my hands when I drove, since I use the sticks. As I think I said in the previous posts, I don't tap, instead I treat the stick I suppose as a steering wheel - everything is gentle and smooth. Just to see what it was like, I tried the tapping method and couldn't get through a corner without spinning. Tappers must refine their tapping skill, since clearly my tapping was sub par.

Later in the night, I was playing Mafia II - an old sandbox game where you can drive cars/trucks/etc. Out of the blue I noticed I was tapping as I drove. Paying attention to my hands, it was clear that I always tap during this game, I never drive smoothly.

This made me wonder if those who grew up not on racing games but games that have cars in them are more used to tapping due to the sub par handling physics in non-racing games. I've been playing racing games for a while with controllers, some of my fondest memories was LeMans 24hrs Dreamcast. I'm curious if those nerds like myself who spent more time with racing games then those who didn't but spent ore time driving cars in non-racing games has any impact on the tap vs. no tap.

Reading back...I'm getting way to deep into something that really means nothing. smile.gif

-JR
post #24 of 36 Old 09-04-2013, 05:03 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Is Mafia II the game with a lot of old music on it from singers like Bing Crosby? I meant to give that one a try someday after seeing a song list. It's not everyday that a game features music from greats like Doris Day and actually has licensed music that I like. First thing I do in most games with licensed music is head to the audio options and mute it.

On PSN, F1 2013 Classic Edition is priced at $75. And it doesn't look like Classic Edition will even be a retail product in North America judging by retailers I just checked. Hopefully at least Xbox 360 gamers over here will have the option to purchase the 90's content as DLC which was more than Grid owners were able to do with the Bathurst add-on a few years back (Which I thought was a shoe-in to be recycled for Grid 2 since it seems a shame to make such a nice rendition of one of the world's great road courses yet have hardly anyone get to experience it).

Unless it's just an unlock code that's included, I'll probably import the PS3 release of the Classic Edition someday from the UK (I imagine the 360 version will have the typical region lock).
post #25 of 36 Old 09-04-2013, 06:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Yes, Mafia II is that game. I didn't know it had such an incredible soundtrack until I got in the first car in the game...I actually called my wife in to have her check it out. Here is the list of songs and bands/performers, it's pretty amazing.

You unknowingly just threw a bucket of ice water over my excitement for F1 2013. Up until now I was under the impression that the Classic Edition was going to be available everywhere. I just tried to do some digging and can only seem to see the Xbox PAL version on the F1 store for a low, low $92.88 dollars before shipping. I can't find anything NTSC/US region. What a bummer, unless of course it's going to be DLC, which is fine I suppose.

I found a random listing for the Classic version (including the 90's content and tracks) on Walmart but they look like placeholders that will be closed out if the SKU doesn't materialize.

**edit**

I went into the Codemasters F1 2013 forum, and there is confusion in there as well. However, this is what is being said from the Codemaster rep on the forum. It doesn't state anything specific to the Xbox.

"The Classic Edition in North America will not be available at retail to purchase a physical copy. That decision wasn't ours, obviously we want to sell our games to everybody but that decision was made by the retailers. We are making the Classic Edition available digitally though which you can now preorder via Steam and the PSN

Now if you would prefer to pick up a physical copy of the standered edition F1 2013 from a store we will be making the Classic game content available globally - this will be as 2 DLC packs: 1 with the 90's cars and another with 2 tracks (Imola and Estoril) so you will still be able to get the same game experience everybody else has if that's something that you want."
post #26 of 36 Old 09-05-2013, 02:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Update, I wound up posting on the Codemasters F1 2013 forum. Here are the packages/DLC that will be available in North America as posted by CM.

Looks like for us Xbox owners we'll need to purchase the standard physical copy (unless you wait 10 days after launch, and then it's up on Live), and then down the road (I don't see a timing anywhere) you can acquire the DLC to attain the classic edition content.

North America

Standard edition - Physical copy:
Available for the following platforms:
Windows PC, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3

Standard edition - Digital copy
Available from:
Steam and PlayStation Network at launch.
Xbox Live approximately 10 days after launch

Classic Edition - Physical copy not available in North America

Classic edition - Digital Copy
Available from Steam and PlayStation Network

DLC - *You will not need to purchase these if you own the Classic Edition

DLC Pack 1:
90's Cars
Available via Steam, PlayStation Network and Xbox Live

DLC Pack 2:
Tracks
Imola & Estoril
Available via Steam, PlayStation Network and Xbox Live

The thread for reference.
post #27 of 36 Old 09-05-2013, 06:13 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I think I have a long forgotten account over there. Any chance you could inquire for me if the European retail release of the Classic Edition for the PS3 has download vouchers for the add-ons or if it's on disc? I'd appreciate it if it's not too much of a hassle.

I kind of expected this situation but with the current gen WRC games largely relegated to Europe and with Sony's own WRC series and most of their line of Formula One racers during the PS2 era never even even leaving Europe, I suppose we've been lucky with Codemasters. They always manage to give American racing fans some love unlike what some other publishers have done over the years.
post #28 of 36 Old 09-13-2013, 06:46 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

The achievement list is out.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/f1-2013/achievements/

And as release nears, here are two more nice videos. One showcases a new classic car that was just unveiled that is unlocked upon registering for Codemaster's RaceNet service. Sounds as if it's limited to Time Trial mode.

The Ferrari 312T2, campaigned by Ferrari during most of the 1976 season and into the 1978 season and featured in the new Ron Howard movie Rush, shown making a lap around Monaco and Brands Hatch.

The Codemasters hot lap video for Monza.

And the Codemasters hot lap video for Singapore.

post #29 of 36 Old 09-16-2013, 09:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Leo, sorry, I haven't gone back to the Codemasters forum yet.

Thanks for posting the achievement list. Looks like much is the same from last year, with a few tweaks (such as the number of online races required, number of cockpit views required.

I like the 100% race, that's an interesting one!

I think the last game that I drove Brands Hatch was Race Pro. Loving that cockpit view of the 312T2 - nothing but wing in the mirrors!

-JR
post #30 of 36 Old 10-02-2013, 11:27 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Curious if any AVS users picked this up. Due to apparent disinterest here after four iterations, I'm assuming nobody has anything to add but you never know.

And I also wanted to complain that the Classic Edition just includes DLC vouchers. So there goes my plans to import a copy with it on disc like it should've been.

Also, I've been puzzled by multiple reviewers that keep calling this the last current gen iteration of the series. Codemasters hasn't said anything of the sort and I'm quite sure that they will continue to evolve their Eco engine and likely easily support the 360 & PS3. I strongly suspect that it's quite likely that at least for the next year or two that Xbox 360 & PS3 versions will be released alongside next gen & PC versions.
Reply Xbox Area

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page