post #91 of 150 Old 12-03-2013, 11:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post

Stupid question, been playing this so long from day one, is the first garage you refer to the one in the bottom left of the map? Same section of the map as the docks? I can't remember where the first garage is at. smile.gif

Top left..... where the female character spent some time fixing the TV.

XBOX Live ID: HONDEboyMAN
PSN ID: ahartig
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 150 Old 12-04-2013, 10:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 127
Looking to offload my copy, $50 shipped. PM me if interested.

XBOX Live ID: HONDEboyMAN
PSN ID: ahartig
post #93 of 150 Old 12-05-2013, 06:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 116
so what happens when I run out of time and they nuke the place? game over? do I have to start all over again? I feel like I'm rushing through the game to beat this count down nonsense..what an odd design decision.
post #94 of 150 Old 12-05-2013, 08:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfmp3 View Post

so what happens when I run out of time and they nuke the place? game over? do I have to start all over again? I feel like I'm rushing through the game to beat this count down nonsense..what an odd design decision.
No Idea. If you do the main quests you can easily get it done in time. I plan on taking my time and if I do not get it done in time then so be it. I'm pretty sure if I have to start over you keep everything that you have found/unlocked.

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
post #95 of 150 Old 12-06-2013, 06:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arutha_conDoin View Post

No Idea. If you do the main quests you can easily get it done in time. I plan on taking my time and if I do not get it done in time then so be it. I'm pretty sure if I have to start over you keep everything that you have found/unlocked.

I'm the type of player that once I do the main story, I am done with the game. Fallout, Skyrim etc once I did the main story I never touched the game again. So I tend to do side missions first otherwise they don't get done. But this time around I feel like I should rush through the main game as fast as I can. What a weird thing to make your players do. Wouldn't you want people playing your game as long as possible?
post #96 of 150 Old 12-06-2013, 11:54 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 633 Post(s)
Liked: 713
I think I'll give DR3 a try again this weekend. Hopefully I don't feel queasy this time. I haven't tried it since the 15 minutes I spent with it on launch day.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #97 of 150 Old 12-06-2013, 05:07 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 497
I'm new to the Dead Rising series (I tried DR1 for a bit but didn't get very far, DR2 I got for free in the Games for gold promotion but never booted it up).

I wish they put a huge bold/red text stating that you need to reach a certain point in order to have online co-op! I didn't realize it until about half an hour of me and my friend trying to figure out why we couldn't invite each other to a game. Then she remember it was the same with DR2 (which I had never played) and I told her why she didn't remember that fact before we tried for half an hour.

Anyway, there is a sentence in there on the main page but I usually skip paragraphs of text in a game.
post #98 of 150 Old 12-06-2013, 10:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post

I'm new to the Dead Rising series (I tried DR1 for a bit but didn't get very far, DR2 I got for free in the Games for gold promotion but never booted it up).

I wish they put a huge bold/red text stating that you need to reach a certain point in order to have online co-op! I didn't realize it until about half an hour of me and my friend trying to figure out why we couldn't invite each other to a game. Then she remember it was the same with DR2 (which I had never played) and I told her why she didn't remember that fact before we tried for half an hour.

Anyway, there is a sentence in there on the main page but I usually skip paragraphs of text in a game.
What part of the game do you need to reach to have online Co-op? I imagine it is fairly early and how do you start an online co-op game?

PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
-Ghanima Atreides
post #99 of 150 Old 12-06-2013, 10:59 PM
AVS Special Member

How to do Co-Op video:
onlysublime likes this.

PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
-Ghanima Atreides
post #100 of 150 Old 12-07-2013, 11:18 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 497
yes, that's actually the video I used to figure out that you had to reach that garage in the game before you could do co-op. and from a story standpoint, that makes sense (since the beginning of the game, Nick is by himself so it wouldn't make sense to have Nick and friend from the beginning of the game).

It just would've been nicer to have a big disclaimer on the screen somewhere instead of a sentence in an entire paragraph of text.

It was both of our first times playing DR3 so it was a frustrating first 30 minutes trying to do a co-op session.
post #101 of 150 Old 12-09-2013, 08:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 35
I'm having a heck of a time with the Smartglass companion both connecting initially and then staying connected if I am lucky enough to get it going. I wasted a lot of time after I did a mission for the Smartglass companion dude because it told me to check in with him all the way in the upper left of the map where you start in the game. I couldn't for the life of me get past the plane crash site to check in with him. When I finally was able to reconnect with Smartglass, all I had to do was call him to let him know I destroyed the bikes. I don't think you can get around the plane crash, so why would they tell me to go there to check in with him? Very frustrating.

Other than that, I am loving the game. I've only beaten two psychos so far. The first one alerted me to his presence early in the game, and the second one seemed to be story related. I'm worried I won't have the opportunity to beat them all. Do they show up on the map as the game progresses, or do I need to seek them out by exploring? I am currently in Chapter 3 I believe.

Xbox/PS/WiiU gamertag: GoNats
Apple Game Center: iGoNats

post #102 of 150 Old 12-09-2013, 08:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbburns View Post

I'm having a heck of a time with the Smartglass companion both connecting initially and then staying connected if I am lucky enough to get it going. I wasted a lot of time after I did a mission for the Smartglass companion dude because it told me to check in with him all the way in the upper left of the map where you start in the game.

Same here, not just with this game, but in Madden as well. And that's with both the Windows Phone and Windows 8.1 version of the app.

Out of curiosity, is your console hard-wired to your network, or are you using Wifi to connect to that? I'm currently using Wifi myself, so I wonder if that could be potentially causing issues.

XBL/Steam: JHoff80
post #103 of 150 Old 12-09-2013, 09:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post

Same here, not just with this game, but in Madden as well. And that's with both the Windows Phone and Windows 8.1 version of the app.

Out of curiosity, is your console hard-wired to your network, or are you using Wifi to connect to that? I'm currently using Wifi myself, so I wonder if that could be potentially causing issues.
I was using Wi-Fi initially, but the connection speed was only giving me low teens download and about 8-10 upload, so I got a larger Ethernet switch so I could connect everything, and I am getting low 40s download and around 40 upload. I am not sure if being wired hurts it or not. The first time I played it was Wi-Fi and it didn't have any problems with Smartglass that I noticed. I definitely had problems since I went with a wired connection. Not sure if that is just coincidence.

Another odd thing I noticed is I think I got the Premium edition of the game at the regular price. I bought the $60 version of the game and pinned it to my home screen. Then I was thinking that maybe I should have sprung for the Premium edition and checked it out to see if it would only charge me the $30 price difference to upgrade. It was going to be $90 so I quickly backed out before I clicked the "buy" button by accident. Next time I went to play the game and clicked on the pin, it didn't have the "Play" button on the screen. I then clicked on the Premium edition of the game, and it did have the "Play" option, so I unpinned the regular version and pinned the Premium version, and that is where I launch the game from now. I double-checked to make sure I didn't buy it by accident, and my funds are the same as they were. I double-checked my e-mail receipt, and I was only charged $60. I guess I'll find out if I really have the Premium version when they release DLC.

post #104 of 150 Old 12-09-2013, 10:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 179
Finished the game, not a fan of the "overtime" mission. I left it there. Anyone know what happens if the counter gets up to max on the taking of the king zombies, do I fail, etc.? What happens next?

post #105 of 150 Old 12-13-2013, 10:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Don't know what happens yet in overtime if time runs out. I should finish my first playthrough of the storyline this weekend. I got through Chapter 6 during Tuesday's snowday. I think I am level 39.I don't think I am going to make it to 50 this playthrough. I really want that perk where vehicles are indestructible so I can drive the Rollerhawg everywhere. Should make killing 100,000 zombies a lot easier. Guess I'll hit level 50 while playing through on Nightmare mode. Good times.
Arutha_conDoin likes this.

post #106 of 150 Old 12-16-2013, 07:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 287
Hit a crazy bug last night in coop. My friend threw out a bomb that was like a mini nuclear blast, the one that even blows your clothes off. It was next to a building, and after the explosion I was stuck in the wall. I tried to jump out of it and I guess I hit the wrong spot, because I fell under the map to my death. I told my xbox to record it, but I didn't have the chance to go check my clips last night so I hope it recorded right and I can upload it tonight.
Arutha_conDoin likes this.

XBL: xGunner26x

PSN: AMER1CAN_GUNNER

Steam: xGunner26x

post #107 of 150 Old 12-17-2013, 10:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Finished the game, not a fan of the "overtime" mission. I left it there. Anyone know what happens if the counter gets up to max on the taking of the king zombies, do I fail, etc.? What happens next?
Game over. The first time I failed to shoot 60 out of the sky. I was able to replay the chapter and got it on my second attempt. Once you play it once and fail, it becomes obvious which weapons to take to the fight and load up before he starts collecting the king zombies.

A word of advice when going through Nightmare Mode. Save, save, save. I knew you could only save in bathrooms and port-a-potties, but I thought when you complete each chapter it would create a save point. No, it does not. I had to replay three chapters because it sent me way back to my last manual save point when I died. Ugh. Then when I was finishing up Nightmare Mode yesterday, thankfully I had a coop companion because I died near the end of the game and hadn't saved in a few chapters yet again. Fortunately, he was able to bring me back into the game with no loss of progress. I knew I should be saving, but I hadn't cleared out many safe houses, and I didn't want to drag him to one of the few safe houses I did have available to save the game.

Overall, no regrets with my purchase of this game. I finally reached level 50 and had enough skill points stockpiled to max out every attribute. Now I just need to go around and find the remaining blueprints, frank west statuettes, skill books, and other collectibles. Oh yeah, and kill 100,000 zombies in the process. I think I'm about 1/3 of the way there.

post #108 of 150 Old 12-17-2013, 10:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by americangunner View Post

Hit a crazy bug last night in coop. My friend threw out a bomb that was like a mini nuclear blast, the one that even blows your clothes off. It was next to a building, and after the explosion I was stuck in the wall. I tried to jump out of it and I guess I hit the wrong spot, because I fell under the map to my death. I told my xbox to record it, but I didn't have the chance to go check my clips last night so I hope it recorded right and I can upload it tonight.
I fell under the map during my playtime over the weekend as well. It kept trying to reload, but every time it did, I just kept falling through space. I saved the game, quit out to the main menu, and reloaded the game save.

post #109 of 150 Old 12-17-2013, 02:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Game over. The first time I failed to shoot 60 out of the sky. I was able to replay the chapter and got it on my second attempt. Once you play it once and fail, it becomes obvious which weapons to take to the fight and load up before he starts collecting the king zombies.

A word of advice when going through Nightmare Mode. Save, save, save. I knew you could only save in bathrooms and port-a-potties, but I thought when you complete each chapter it would create a save point. No, it does not. I had to replay three chapters because it sent me way back to my last manual save point when I died. Ugh. Then when I was finishing up Nightmare Mode yesterday, thankfully I had a coop companion because I died near the end of the game and hadn't saved in a few chapters yet again. Fortunately, he was able to bring me back into the game with no loss of progress. I knew I should be saving, but I hadn't cleared out many safe houses, and I didn't want to drag him to one of the few safe houses I did have available to save the game.

Overall, no regrets with my purchase of this game. I finally reached level 50 and had enough skill points stockpiled to max out every attribute. Now I just need to go around and find the remaining blueprints, frank west statuettes, skill books, and other collectibles. Oh yeah, and kill 100,000 zombies in the process. I think I'm about 1/3 of the way there.

I never used the toilet to save my game, never once. I always just went to the menu and saved. It always worked fine and next time I would play I would be in my closest safe house or garage.

post #110 of 150 Old 12-18-2013, 03:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I never used the toilet to save my game, never once. I always just went to the menu and saved. It always worked fine and next time I would play I would be in my closest safe house or garage.
That is typically how I saved during the regular storyline mode as well, but in Nightmare Mode, that option to save the game anywhere from the menu is gone.

post #111 of 150 Old 12-18-2013, 03:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

That is typically how I saved during the regular storyline mode as well, but in Nightmare Mode, that option to save the game anywhere from the menu is gone.
That makes sense since it is Nightmare mode. It is suppose to be tough since if you beat that mode you get the Mega Man X suit I believe.

PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
-Ghanima Atreides
post #112 of 150 Old 12-18-2013, 05:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Yeah, and I should have known better having played the first Dead Rising to death. It was just that each time they showed a completed chapter on the screen and what day I was on, for some reason I figured I would, at worst, just pick up at the most recent chapter. No. Hours of gameplay progress were wasted due to my carelessness. I saved after every single in-game action (rescue someone, storyline progression, etc.) after that until someone joined my game session. I didn't want to bore him with saving every five minutes. Thankfully, in co-op, if one player dies, the other person can bring them back with no loss of progress.

post #113 of 150 Old 12-18-2013, 05:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Ouch, that would suck. I rarely saw a toilet (man that sounds weird) during my play through so I would be to frustrated.

post #114 of 150 Old 12-18-2013, 06:06 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I feel the picking up weapons method is frustrating. I hate that it throws your current weapon down for something stupid if you're close to it and for food. Am I doing something wrong?
post #115 of 150 Old 12-18-2013, 07:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I tried the demo and it had the opposite effect then what it was trying to accomplish.
I wanted the game, played the demo and am glad I didn't buy it.

It looks fun but the short time I played it, I was infuriated.
It doesn't help that it has the Nintendo "limited plays" system.
I felt like someone from Capcom was over my shoulder ready to take it away when I was done.

My biggest issue was intuitive controls. When attacking, the actions that I expect aren't what happens.
I see a group of zombies, I want to hack through them, God of War style with my sledge blade weapon.
And the dude throws it across the parking lot and starts punching.

Huh? In what scenario would I want to throw away my weapon?
It would be like Kratos ripping off his chains mid fight.
post #116 of 150 Old 12-18-2013, 07:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Schiller View Post

I tried the demo and it had the opposite effect then what it was trying to accomplish.

I felt like someone from Capcom was over my shoulder ready to take it away when I was done.

My biggest issue was intuitive controls. When attacking, the actions that I expect aren't what happens.
I see a group of zombies, I want to hack through them, God of War style with my sledge blade weapon.

What button were you hitting? Only way to throw a weapon is RT. X and Y are your main attack buttons and B drops the current weapon you have to let you pick something else up. Y+B after so many Kills will perform a special move depending on your level and what weapon you have.
americangunner likes this.

PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
-Ghanima Atreides
post #117 of 150 Old 12-18-2013, 10:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by detzx View Post

I feel the picking up weapons method is frustrating. I hate that it throws your current weapon down for something stupid if you're close to it and for food. Am I doing something wrong?

It throws the current weapon down only if all your inventory slots are full. So before picking up something, switch to the weapon/item you no longer want by hitting the bumper to quickly scroll through them, then pick up the weapon. If you want to carry more items (up to 8) then upgrade your character to get more inventory slots.

post #118 of 150 Old 12-18-2013, 10:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Schiller View Post

X is the quick attack, Y is the area attack (swipe weapon, slam the ground, etc.). You are throwing your weapon because you are hitting the throw button instead of the attach button. If you zoom in and then hit the button you throw what you have (which is good for grenades, dynamite, etc.) throwing a weapon does do some damage, but minimal. Just hit x or y and you are fine.

post #119 of 150 Old 12-18-2013, 12:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 160
My biggest problem with the controls is personally that it is often super-glitchy when I'm trying to pick up an item. I have to either spam B, or sometimes move the camera around, even though the item name is displaying and therefore it should let me pick up the item.

XBL/Steam: JHoff80
post #120 of 150 Old 12-19-2013, 01:50 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 55
The controls certainly take some getting use to. I'm usually a FPS guy but am enjoying this game. Takes me about 5-10 minutes to properly orient myself to the game if I'm dropping in from COD or even Ryse.
Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Dead Rising 3 Day One Edition , Dead Rising 3

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page