Dead Rising 3 for Xbox One - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 150 Old 07-20-2013, 11:55 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 502
This game definitely deserves its own thread. It didn't wow me at E3 but now that more and more info is coming out, it's starting to look like a winner.

The game will be using Kinect in a number of unique ways. For example, if you need to distract the zombies, you can actually yell out at them and they will start to walk toward you. So let's say you are playing co-op with your friend and he needs time to set up a bomb. You yell at the screen, the zombies start heading toward you and your friend sets up the bomb.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/07/20/microsoft-lays-out-its-xbox-one-plans.aspx?utm_source=buffer&utm_campaign=Buffer&u%20tm_content=bufferb2b31&utm_medium=twitter&CommentP%20osted=true#commentmessage

Josh Bridge executive producer of Dead Rising 3 joked after showing a particularly gruesome trailer that Dead Rising 3 is obviously a family fun game. Then he contrasted the visual differences between Dead Rising 2 and 3. He showed a slide comparing the map sizes of Dead Rising 1, 2, and 3. You can fit the entirety of the first two games in Dead Rising 3's world with room to spare. We also got to see a shot of a zombie being sliced apart by a laser sword, exposing its innards, while new hero Nick was safely armored in a knight's suit. Bridge wrapped up with a bit about Smartglass integration, where players will get calls, texts, and even picture messages from another character. As he puts it, it's like their version of Otis from the first game.

They talk more about the SmartGlass integration at 1:46. You can actually link your device to the gameplay. So let's say you install SmartGlass on your phone. Now you can link your game to your phone. So in the game, it will actually call your phone and you will hear a conversation from the game! (note: it's not actually using the cellular network and physically calling. instead, the Xbox One will activate the SmartGlass app and simulate a call from the character in the game to you).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 150 Old 07-25-2013, 02:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 348
I'm just stoked that they said 2-player co-op! Even if it's just to screw around, I could have so much fun just tinkering with a friend from what they've shown so far!

"Never believe any quote you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
post #3 of 150 Old 07-25-2013, 05:36 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 704 Post(s)
Liked: 733
There are just too many games I want to get.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #4 of 150 Old 07-31-2013, 02:55 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Looks sick!!

Play nice. It's just an online forum :)
post #5 of 150 Old 08-04-2013, 01:31 PM

Liked: 22
You need to play last of us for ps3 . Awesome game
DavidinCT likes this.
post #6 of 150 Old 08-20-2013, 05:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 443
GamesCom 2013: New Dead Rising 3 Screenshots Released

http://www.gamepur.com/news/11773-gamescom-2013-new-dead-rising-3-screenshots-released.html
onlysublime likes this.

The 5.0 is here
post #7 of 150 Old 08-20-2013, 09:51 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

new trailer:
post #8 of 150 Old 08-20-2013, 12:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 127
New Gameplay footage from Gamesconn, looks pretty epic:
onlysublime and freemeat like this.

XBOX Live ID: HONDEboyMAN
PSN ID: ahartig
post #9 of 150 Old 08-20-2013, 01:08 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

looks fun! but somehow, I keep thinking Saint's Row in terms of running around in silly outfits and smacking things around.
post #10 of 150 Old 08-20-2013, 03:28 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

IGN has a neat article about combining vehicles. It's like combining weapons!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/20/pimp-your-ride-in-dead-rising-3

excerpts:

Anyone that's been keeping an eye on Dead Rising 3 knows that it packs a wide array of combo weapons for players to discover. Today at Microsoft's pre-Gamescom Xbox Showcase, we found out that the crafting system most definitely doesn't stop there. Dead Rising 3 also allows you to pimp your ride.

Combining vehicles is as easy as combining weapons. Simply take one vehicle and drive it near another. If there's a combo you can activate they'll both be glowing. Two button presses later and you've got your combo vehicle. As mentioned, you'll need to find blueprints for each combo, but once you've created it once out on the streets, you'll then be able to spawn the vehicle out of thin air from the game's garages.

Much like the weapons lockers - which let you create any previously-created combo or found weapon - garages do the same thing for vehicles and vehicle combos. It's all about letting you play with the weapons and vehicles you want, without a whole lot of legwork. Of course, there's a cool-down system so you can't go too crazy.

There's a heap of these combos. Combine a forklift and a fireworks van and you've got a ForkWork, aka an explosive death machine with a boost attack to skewer zombies with the forklift's prongs.

Each combo vehicle is designed to support co-op, so there'll always be two seats, as well as a secondary attack for the second person.

Combo vehicles are another cool inclusion in a game that's aiming to give players an expansive zombie sandbox and all the tools they need to exact bloody, over-the-top revenge. Will it all come together? We'll find out when Xbox One launches later this year.
post #11 of 150 Old 08-20-2013, 03:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahartig View Post

New Gameplay footage from Gamesconn, looks pretty epic:

[VIO]

I just saw this from another site and was about to post. Freaking hilarious!
post #12 of 150 Old 08-22-2013, 08:55 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

hands-on video (it does become english later into the video):
mboojigga likes this.
post #13 of 150 Old 09-02-2013, 03:13 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

http://www.videogamer.com/xboxone/dead_rising_3/news/capcom_working_with_microsoft_to_improve_dead_rising_3_performance_in_time_for_launch.html

Capcom Vancouver is working with Microsoft to try and improve Dead Rising 3's performance in time for launch, senior producer Jason Leigh has assured VideoGamer.com.

Discussing the game's frame rate and performance with us earlier today, Leigh admitted that the team had "had many questions over the [game's] performance, which is understandable.

"This demo is actually several weeks old and we've made a lot of ground. We've got a little bit more ways to go before we release the game."

The demos of the game on display at both E3 and GamesCom have struggled to maintain a solid frame rate throughout their playthrough, appearing to slip well below 30FPS when high amounts of zombies appear on screen.

"We're targeting 30 frames a second," Leigh added, "and because we're based in Vancouver, and Seattle is where Microsoft is based, we're only three hours up the road so we constantly have tech people driving back and forth and they're helping us to make this a very smooth running game at launch."
post #14 of 150 Old 09-11-2013, 02:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlysublime View Post

IGN has a neat article about combining vehicles. It's like combining weapons!
When I saw this part in the video, I was pretty much sold on getting it day one. Though I'm hoping I get it for my birthday since I have Ghosts and Ryse pre-ordered already with a second controller.

Xbox Live: DaBeavers
PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
"Too much knowledge never makes for simple decisions."
-Ghanima Atreides
post #15 of 150 Old 09-11-2013, 07:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 24
Some New Info on Co-op Mode along with a non-linear story progression....
Quote:
In early August, Microsoft flew Post Arcade’s Daniel Kaszor out to Vancouver to see Dead Rising 3. While he was there, he got an early peek at the game’s co-op mode.

The best part about the co-op mode in Dead Rising 3 is that if you jump into your friend’s game, and that friend is further along than you are, you save the progress you’ve made with him when you jump back into your own game.

This means that if you’re playing through chapter one and you jump into your friend’s game and beat chapter three, then jump back to your own game, chapter three will be marked complete. You still have to beat chapter one and two, but once you do, you’ll have the option of skipping to chapter four.

It’s a feature that people have been asking for in online co-op games since the modes became ubiquitous with Gears of War and Crackdown.
Quote:
Beyond that, co-op feels a lot like playing Dead Rising 3 does normally. The game’s hero, Nick Ramos, is joined by ****, who, despite the name, is more than just a palate swap of the protagonist.

Unlike Nick, who is a mechanic, **** is a big-rig truck driver who happened to stop in on “the wrong diner on the wrong day.”

**** doesn’t just show up in co-op, he has a presence throughout the whole game, though he isn’t necessarily alongside you unless there’s another person playing with you.

**** joins Nick’s companions Annie, a runaway (seen helping in the trailer released at Gamescom), and Rhonda, Nick’s put-upon boss at the body shop, as helpers in the story.

When playing through the co-op missions, Nick and **** aren’t tethered together. This means that they can be a significant distance apart from one another in any given stage.

Additionally, certain vehicles in the game are specifically designed to be ridden co-op, with one person driving and another controlling on-board weapons.

When I was actually playing co-op, these vehicles were some of the highlights of the play experience. One in particular allowed us to rain down lightning on unsuspecting Zombie hordes.

In the limited demo we got to see, there seemed like no challenges that actually required co-op to beat (this may differ in the full game), though working with a buddy made thrashing our way through the horde easier.

Of course, most of my co-op experience was marked by me trying to get as high of a zombie kill count as possible … one specifically higher than my co-op partner.

As such, there was a whole lot of me saying “sorry” as I accidentally ran him over on my path toward more zombies.

At least 75% of the time I actually was sorry too.

http://business.financialpost.com/2013/09/10/dead-rising-3-co-op-adds-new-character-and-non-linear-story-progression/?__lsa=b3a7-c66d
onlysublime likes this.
post #16 of 150 Old 09-11-2013, 07:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Dead Rising 3 offers one ‘Psycho’ character for each of the seven deadly sins
Quote:
In early August, Microsoft flew Post Arcade’s Daniel Kaszor out to Vancouver to see Dead Rising 3. While he was there, the team laid out how “Psychos” work in the game.

There’s nothing like a zombie apocalypse to bring out the worst in people.

There are two main types of non-zombie enemies in Dead Rising 3. The first are story-line characters such as Hunter Thibadeuax, a motor-cycle gang leader who menaces protagonist Nick Ramos and Nick’s boss Rhonda in one of the story’s boss encounters.

The second are the “Psycho” characters, each named after one of the seven deadly sins. These characters work differently from the story-line bosses. And unlike the story-line characters who may or may not be crazed or evil, the psychos are pretty bad to the core.

“The story behind the psychos is that they are survivors who have gone crazy in this outbreak, for whatever reason,” Senior Producer Jason Leigh says.

“Their darkest monster is now allowed to come out.”
Quote:
Structurally, the psycho characters work completely differently from the boss characters. The bosses are all encountered as the story progresses.

On the other hand, the psychos are found in the open world, and can be tackled non-linearly, or not at all.

“Since they are all modelled after the seven deadly sins, they tie in thematically together,” Leigh says.

“I can’t tell you how difficult it was to come up with Sloth.”

“Greed is one of the darker psychos,” producer Mike Jones says.

Generally, the team says that the psycho characters themselves were the darkest parts of the game and that their designs were specifically the things that constantly pushed up against parental ratings agencies in many different territories.

“We kept hearing ‘we’ve found an incredibly offensive corner of your game, it’s a psycho,” Leigh says.

“Even in our home country of Japan, they’re like ‘guys … guys … come on’,” Executive Producer Josh Bridge joked.

http://business.financialpost.com/2013/09/10/dead-rising-3-offers-one-psycho-character-for-each-of-the-seven-deadly-sins/?__lsa=6fd7-eace
onlysublime likes this.
post #17 of 150 Old 09-11-2013, 07:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Dead Rising 3 is flush with dark horror … until you want it to be funny

Quote:
I’m Nick Ramos, and zombies are my playthings.

Sure, I only have a wrench in my pocket, I’m standing on top of some flimsy scaffolding and there is a mass of zombies coming my way … but trust me, I’ve got this situation well in hand.

I hop off the scaffolding, and run along a side street, picking up some batteries and a mask that looks like Blanka from Street Fighter. Quickly combo-ing them together, I now have electricity powers. Yep.

I shove into a crowd of zombies and electrocute all of them. There are still countless more behind me. This is one heck of a mask.

I race up to the roof of a shopping complex and hop on a motorcycle, spinning it around and shooting off a ramp two floors up. The world pauses as the glass shatters around me and then I’m at street level again, zooming past the teeming undead mass. It’s glorious.

I slam the motorcycle into a cement flattener, jump out and combine the to vehicles into a flame-belching Roller Hawg before the zombie horde behind me knows what’s happening. Almost instantly, I’m on the thing’s back whipping it around and mowing into the crowd, dual flamthrowers spewing heat into the unending swarm of zombies. I rev the engine forward and they’re turned into a fine mist under the roller pin.

I’m going to get so much PP.

Quote:
Josh Bridge and Mike Jones introduce themselves with an apology.

They’re wearing matching black shirts and slacks and have essentially the same short-cropped haircut. Together, they kind of look like the nerd-chic versions of Mormon missionaries.

“This is our standard producer uniform,” says Bridge, the Executive Producer on Dead Rising 3, says by way of an apology.

“We didn’t plan this, honestly,” continues Jones, also a producer.

We are in the top floor boardroom of Capcom Vancouver’s Burnaby studio getting ready for a demo of the Xbox One launch game.

Microsoft has flown me out from Toronto for the hands-on presentation, and Bridge and Jones are two of the handful of top-team members on hand to take us through the game.

Apologies of matching appearance aside, it became clear the duo has a very specific vision for the game and that it has equally specific visions for the game’s quality. Peppered around the studio are signs showing what (very high) Metacritic rating the team hopes for, with a simple message: Believe.

The first Dead Rising game was released in 2006, about nine months after the release of the Xbox 360. The game was produced by Capcom in Japan and led by producer Kenji Inafune, the creator of the iconic Mega Man character. The game dropped you in the role of photojournalist Frank West as he navigated a zombie infested mall in near-future America.

Central to the game was its punishing time and save systems. You had a finite number of hours to make your way through the zombie-filled mall, and if you missed helping certain people they were dead forever. If you died, you had two unappealing options: either go back to the last time you saved (save stations were few and far between) or restart the game entirely with your character progression intact.

http://business.financialpost.com/2013/09/10/dead-rising-3-is-flush-with-dark-horror-until-you-want-it-to-be-funny/?__lsa=495e-9cb0
onlysublime likes this.
post #18 of 150 Old 10-07-2013, 06:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 348
http://www.polygon.com/2013/10/7/4808480/dead-rising-3-is-a-co-op-paradise-chocked-with-kinect-enabled-taunts
Quote:
Xbox One Kinect integration allows zombies to respond to loud noises, bright lights and motion in the real world, along with the ability to grapple zombies and fling them off by shaking the controller.

"We are also doing survivor commands where you point at the screen and tell survivor where to go and scavenge and range attacks and stuff like that," he said. "And taunts. If you find out things about bosses and psychos, things that they are sensitive about, you can yell out insults at your TV and the bosses will be distracted in the boss battles."
Okay, the taunting sounds pretty cool... as does the pointing for range attacks/survivor scavenging. This may be the first game I pop in at launch.
onlysublime and mboojigga like this.

"Never believe any quote you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
post #19 of 150 Old 10-07-2013, 07:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Anderson View Post

http://www.polygon.com/2013/10/7/4808480/dead-rising-3-is-a-co-op-paradise-chocked-with-kinect-enabled-taunts
Okay, the taunting sounds pretty cool... as does the pointing for range attacks/survivor scavenging. This may be the first game I pop in at launch.
The taunting sounds very good. Though hopefully I do not go to overboard late at night and wake the wife and kids as I am yelling at the TV. biggrin.gif
mboojigga likes this.

PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
-Ghanima Atreides
post #20 of 150 Old 10-30-2013, 11:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 127

Good to hear they are keeping the humor in the game and infusing it with a cheesy 80s horror movie vibe.

XBOX Live ID: HONDEboyMAN
PSN ID: ahartig
post #21 of 150 Old 11-03-2013, 02:31 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

more details on the SmartGlass functionality in DR3:

http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/BrentArnst/20131101/203888/Dead_Rising_3_Invades_SmartGlass.php?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+GamasutraNews+%28Gamasutra+News%29

it's from one of the developers who worked on it, their first experience with developing a second screen app. Published at Gamasutra who do excellent development postmortems on how the process went...

Dead Rising 3 Invades SmartGlass

Heading into the development of the Dead Rising 3 SmartGlass app, we were not experts on second-screen development and perhaps that is why the Dead Rising 3 SmartGlass app ended up being what it is.

We weren't burdened with realities that others developing for a second-screen had already encountered. We knew little to nothing about what other developers were planning for the next generation of SmartGlass Companion apps, or what would be expected, but we wanted to do something unique that matched the personality and spirit of our studio. We didn't throw away common sense and we decided to support Dead Rising 3 with many of the expected SmartGlass experiences, a map and access to game and background information.

But that definitely wasn't enough for us. We may not have been experts at second-screen development, but we are good at making games, games with an excess of personality, and fun to be had around every corner. We wanted to make the SmartGlass app for Dead Rising 3 more than just an extension of the game's UI on a second-screen --we wanted it to have a life and personality of its own.

One of the initial development pillars of the Dead Rising 3 SmartGlass Companion app was that ‘Your cell phone is a cell phone’. We wanted the player using our app to look at their own smart device and feel that they had just plucked it off a rotting corpse in Dead Rising 3, just as Nick (Dead Rising 3’s hero) has. We wanted players to enable SmartGlass and access apps as though they were using the device Nick had just picked up in the game. But of course it wouldn't be a phone unless players could have the experience of having the phone, or tablet, call them up! That meant we needed a living, breathing character that could phone or text the player at any time to offer advice, new missions or tempting prizes.

The concept of a dedicated character interacting with the player through phone calls and texts helped guide the early development of the Companion app towards embracing the second-screen as a holistic part of the experience rather than an external device that only exposed information on the game. SmartGlass was given a voice and a personality for DR3. Sure the SmartGlass App could be used to help navigate the world and the storyline but the unique character who phones you comes with his own background and that he is injecting his own motivation and interests into the experience. This character comes with missions that you can only access by receiving calls or texts on your smart device.

As we developed a unique storyline that can only be accessed from a second-screen, and a character that could literally phone you at any moment, we also needed to create new rules for how and when these interactions could take place. With some procedural rules in place, it began to feel like your phone in the real world was actually the phone the character carried with him in the game world. Simultaneously, we developed apps that fit the concept of a contemporary smart phone, like a map, a news feed with unique news stories, a hint app and mission tracker, and even a settings app to customize the player’s ring tones and background wall paper.

So now we had a character, a unique storyline along with unique quests and we were creating the expected apps that would help you navigate the world. The NPC who calls the player (and Nick) even unlocks special locations in the DR3 world as the relationship between him and the player deepens. But what good is personality and character if this device doesn't let me expand on the primary experience of the game – to kill zombies in fun and exciting ways? And the team was always itching to find new and fun ways to kill, mutilate, or humiliate. With the common sense suggestion: why don't we let the player blow up ****?, our course was set.

We looked towards features that were already possible in the game – specifically to debug features that we as developers had access to but that no common sense developer would give to the player. We started to delve into what a player, in the Dead Rising universe, would want to do if they had access to outside help. We didn’t limit our imaginations. Heck, we had an excuse to go even crazier than usual and we were not going to waste it.

From a series of team brainstorms we ended up crafting a handful of military apps that can call down devastating air strikes, a hail of bullets, or flares that will cause a city block worth of zombies to go stumbling off in the direction the player chooses. We also came up with convenience apps such as store finders, and items finders because they fit the theme, and they were just a heck of a lot of fun to have on hand. Everyone grooved on the idea of being able to 'call' up your nearest safe house and have a survivor you had previously rescued run to your aid.

Now the apps were feeling realistic and meaningful to the player experience and the device itself felt like it had a life of its own, but there was more the concept could support. Not only does our NPC ask you to help him out occasionally but he also provided a special reward found nowhere else in the game, access codes. The player can earn this currency by completing specific missions only available from the Companion device, the second-screen. The codes provide a way to unlock the military apps and expand their use. They are also useable as keys to open special lockboxes found around the world. The lockboxes are of course themed to the government agency responsible for this wonderful smart device Nick had found, with its military apps and specialized maps. We hid collectible USB sticks around the world to promote both exploration and to hint at the SmartGlass experience for those who had not yet turned it on. The USBs provided additional pages for the hint app or new ringtones and wallpapers. All of it fit together to make a complete experience.

I'll start off with this list the next time I work on developing for a second-screen;

1. Make the second-screen experience not only functional, but fun
  2. Create a unique experience for players who use the second-screen
  3. Emphasize the game’s character and theme on the second-screen
  4. Provide in-game functionality that can only be accessed from the second-screen
  5. Create a second-screen experience not only in the player’s living room, but in the game itself (if it suits your game’s context)
Sorax likes this.
post #22 of 150 Old 11-03-2013, 05:12 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 15
I played Dead Rising 3 for about 2x 10minute rounds in Survival Mode this weekend at the Xbox One Tour - Area One event. Game looks great, controls were good, animations for kills and movements were pretty dang awesome. Looks much more engaging then DR1 or DR2 were to me on 360. It was a Demo version of the game, not sure how close (or far) from final build it was and also not sure what build of XB1 hardware we were playing on, but.... At times there was LAG sometimes the game would "freeze" for a second or two, primarily when there were hundreds(?) of zombies around me. It would happen once or twice per game for me and I saw others experience it when they played. Not a deal breaker since i'm sure (cross fingers) its because of early build. Looks like a great launch title and I'll probably find a place to at least rent it to see the Final product.

Are we having fun yet?
post #23 of 150 Old 11-03-2013, 06:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKRocha View Post

I played Dead Rising 3 for about 2x 10minute rounds in Survival Mode this weekend at the Xbox One Tour - Area One event. Game looks great, controls were good, animations for kills and movements were pretty dang awesome. Looks much more engaging then DR1 or DR2 were to me on 360. It was a Demo version of the game, not sure how close (or far) from final build it was and also not sure what build of XB1 hardware we were playing on, but.... At times there was LAG sometimes the game would "freeze" for a second or two, primarily when there were hundreds(?) of zombies around me. It would happen once or twice per game for me and I saw others experience it when they played. Not a deal breaker since i'm sure (cross fingers) its because of early build. Looks like a great launch title and I'll probably find a place to at least rent it to see the Final product.
It's a day 1 purchase for me. Hopefully the lag issues is cleared up by launch date, but if not that's what patches are for.

PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
-Ghanima Atreides
post #24 of 150 Old 11-05-2013, 09:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 554
onlysublime likes this.
post #25 of 150 Old 11-06-2013, 01:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 78
They announced via an interview it is 720P 30fps, which makes sense considering the scope and large number of zombies. Hopefully they can maintain the 30fps. I was always excited by these games, but could never get into them. They just get boring so fast, I think co-op would help a lot with this. In fact most Zombie games suck after the first hour and the repetition sets in. The only one I can think of that is good is L4D series. Maybe TLoU if that counts.

Now playing: Destiny, Madden, Diablo 3, PvZ: GW
Recently Finished: Infamous: First Light, Watch Dogs
PSN & XBL: Scuzzlebutt33
post #26 of 150 Old 11-09-2013, 11:58 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

damn, the lightsaber looks awesome...
post #27 of 150 Old 11-09-2013, 08:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 148
I'm pretty sure this is the one XB1 game that I'm hanging all my hopes on. The 720p 30 frames thing was slightly disappointing, but if the smoothness of the game is dramatically improved because of it, then I'll be a happy camper. I don't want to watch any of the videos on it. I want to go in blind. I just want to make sure that most of the reviews are 8's or 8.5's or better than that. 4 stars out of 5 type thing. If the reviews come out on the bad side, I might try to rent it first.
post #28 of 150 Old 11-10-2013, 12:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Day one edition pre-ordered. Friday the 22d is going to suck waiting for the UPS guy to show up since everything I got is coming from Amazon... I'll need to stock up on some batteries I think smile.gif

PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
-Ghanima Atreides
post #29 of 150 Old 11-10-2013, 09:32 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 704 Post(s)
Liked: 733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arutha_conDoin View Post

Day one edition pre-ordered. Friday the 22d is going to suck waiting for the UPS guy to show up since everything I got is coming from Amazon... I'll need to stock up on some batteries I think smile.gif

I just ordered this controller charging station. It includes two NiMH rechargeable batteries for the XBone controllers. And all you do is place the controller down on the station and it charges the batteries.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FLLFJE0/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=3RAJV1OT3B4BE&coliid=I1G2RSOZM8ZCMF

I'm doing the DD for Dead Rising 3. I just cashed in some of my Gamestop credit yesterday for some XBL money.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #30 of 150 Old 11-10-2013, 10:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post

I just ordered this controller charging station. It includes two NiMH rechargeable batteries for the XBone controllers. And all you do is place the controller down on the station and it charges the batteries.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FLLFJE0/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=3RAJV1OT3B4BE&coliid=I1G2RSOZM8ZCMF

I'm doing the DD for Dead Rising 3. I just cashed in some of my Gamestop credit yesterday for some XBL money.
I have that setup for the Xbox 360 and will probably pick one up for the Xbone as well, though not right away. I do find it funny they put a yellow A on the first controller and got the second one right with a green one.

PSN- Arutha_conDoin
Steam- An0mander
-Ghanima Atreides
Reply Xbox Area

Tags
Dead Rising 3 Day One Edition , Dead Rising 3

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page